• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback please regarding the new orc limitation

DeletedUser1036

I currently have 3 rally points and 16 or more mushroom farms and it's very hard to get stuff

I know what your talking about, I'm at the quest in the knowledge tree to Research City Expansion 34:

Requirements:
53 KP
175k Supplies
13000 Marble
550 Shroom of Wisdom

Say you only have 15 mushroom farms and 2 Orc Rally Points:

550 Shroom of Wisdom = 4 days production on 15 Mushroom Farms at level 1 but you need 15 x 40 Orc Dung 600 total to begin with first
= 600 Orc Dung is 7 runs of 5 hours each in 2 level 1 Orc Rally Points but you need 3920 Psychoshroom and 560 Orcs to begin with
= 3920 Psychoshroom on 15 mushroom farms at level 1 is 2 days and 10 hours

So your looking at 7+ days to get through 1 of the 28 technologies in Chapter VIII and it isn't even one of the expensive ones when it comes to what you need to open it up..................

DeletedUser43

Wait until you try to upgrade your portal. I am trying to go from level 3 to level 4. I need 520 debris and 30,000 hardshrooms to do it. Nope. I did not mistype anything. THIRTYTHOUSAND hard shrooms and FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY debris.

In order to make that debris I need ~600 psycho shrooms for ever 40 debris so about 7800 psychs not to mention a full 13 productions of the debris at 10 hours a time.

DeletedUser2191

Regarding the Original Post in this thread, I have some very specific feedback for you, and I have seen that my problem with the current paradigm is not the least bit uncommon. Keep in mind that the truly successful games are rewarding. In this particular game, up until the Orcs, it has been just that. Such is no longer the case.

There was no reason other than greed on the part of Inno to start requiring Orcs in order to progress on the map, as far back in the research tree as it is.

As soon as I find a way to disband my Fellowship (a top 100 one on Winyandor) without damaging the other members, I intend to do just that.

You have successfully "run me off".

If you alone plan on quitting the game and are the Archmage of your fellowship, you could always pass the Archmage position to another member, make yourself a mage or Ambassador then leave the fellowship.

DeletedUser1036

Yes and I'm just about ready to dump most of my city just to get enough farms and rally points to see some sort of progression through the knowledge tree. I can always rebuild the other stuff but sitting idle like the game has become give's me no sense of accomplishment. It used to be fun and KP was worth something, now KP is nothing more then something to dump in everyone else's AW's.

I'm 2 weeks shy of having 11 months into this game and I do play more often then most (several hours each and every day). With Chapter VIII it looks as though the Developers have decided to make it so slow to get through the knowledge tree that they can go back to working on FOE or something else because there will be no hurry to come up with a new guest race after this one.

DeletedUser1987

One of my fellowship members literally just reached ring 10. He's in dwarves, and his first response to unlocking ring 10 was "Caanna, now we are in to Slavery? Opened a Provence and they wat supplies and orcs to purchase. I don't have anything pertaining to orcs?"
This fellowship member only just unlocked Ancient Grounds. He's a LONG way from orcs. Directing him here so he can post for himself, but here's an example of someone who never previously knew of the forum... whose immediate, first reaction to discovering orcs as resource costs was to think that they are slaves.

DeletedUser3703

Caanna is referring to me. As it is I feel the reason for playing is being twisted by the monetary desire of the developers. If you have to buy to go forward that is the end of the game for me. Been at this since March '16, but am ready to hang it up. Playing was to build city, now it isto change city and take longer times to accomplisy less. Best of luck to everyone and hope you enjoy playing! (I probably will be gone soon.)

DeletedUser43

Hodale, thank you so much for taking the time to come to the forums and reply. I wish you would stay and keep contributing here. It is so nice to see some new faces. Do you mind me asking, why haven't you been here before? You are a very rare commodity...a player who normally doesn't say anything. We can't ask other people why they don't comment. It would be really interesting to hear your view.

DeletedUser3040

If you've been negotiating this entire time, you should have a large enough army by now that you could just throw them at the enemy to win. I still fight after orcs. I just had to accept that blessed paladins/granite golems are really expensive, take forever to train, and I'm going to be losing more of them now. But that's pretty much accounted for in how long it takes me to scout these provinces now. I'm back up to full strength by the time one finishes.

DeletedUser3703

Truthfully, I had never been here because I did not know of its existence until today. I have been enjoying playing and figuring out how things work. I have satisfied my own desires with solving puzzles and gaining in my positioning in my Fellowship and in my rating in the game. In the past when my frustrations went ballistic I ranted at my group until I let off enough steam and then picked a new goal and worked at trying to achieve that goal in my own way. The group has been understanding or at least did not say anything or tell me to shut up. I have been at this for a while and have been impressed with other players ideas and city designs to the point I have tried to incorporate some of them into my plan sometimes successfully. I have purchased several sets of diamonds and have used them to buy land for expansions and have not felt uncomfortable about those purchases because they helped me solve a problem my own way. I am getting frustrated more and more because the developers, I feel, are forcing me to play in a way I don't feel good about. I have over 160 scouted areas and I am a terrible fighter, I lose 5 out of 7 fights except one of our group told how to win in crystal areas, and just 4 days ago another offered how I might win in others. Their suggestions have keep me in the game. Now I feel the developers are forcing me to play (buy many more diamonds) their way only. I understand they need income to carry on the work that they do, but forcing me to put money out in a way I am not comfortable will only force me to quit. I just opened a new area to connect with a new player I was trading with, I enjoy helping new people with some of the knowledge I have gained, but in doing so I now find you have to trade in characters not products, this feels like slavery to me, not interested in playing that way. Yes, I understand it is their game and they can do as they please, they will just have to continue the game without me, this is not a line of play I will follow. I was holding back on scouting, it was not necessary, I hit this pay with orcs area and then a challenge to continue clearing the scouted area, I just declined the offer, losing 1.2M in coin to have scouted. To the developers I say make this fun and challenging, don't build in negative ideas, play for problem solving and let me do some things my way. I have not commented before because I did not know it was here AND I feel my opinion is not the one to sway any one. I enjoy and am proud of what I have done so far, I have enjoyed helping a few people, talking to people, and getting help from people. We all will see this game a different way, honestly I've enjoyed it and probably spent to much time doing it, but it is my time and if I don't feel happy with the game I will move on. Thanks for reading this if you got thru it without falling asleep and I hope everyone gets out of the game what they want. Good night and be safe.

DeletedUser1987

I am still uninterested in making a beta account, but. Someone on beta just suggested trading orcs as goods.

Please kill me now..... this idea is horrible.

Edit:
Being serious, now. That suggestion sums up what I don't like about the new orc limitation. Orcs don't function like tier 2 and 3 goods (goods which get added on as you advance through provinces) because you can theoretically trade lots of your t1 and t2 goods for t3 goods. Or lots of t3 goods for t1 and t2 goods. Whatever you have, if you have lots of it, you can trade it for what you don't have. Orcs... you can't trade orcs for anything, and frankly, I would be furious if you could. That just reinforces the whole slavery thing which I find distasteful.

DeletedUser3220

I agree, I don't like this trading Orcs thing at all. After playing almost a year, telling others what a great game this is, enjoying the game and friends I have made I feel I will be quitting soon as well. I can fight just fine but sometimes I like to negotiate but I couldn't if I wanted to cause I'm still a long way from, making/breeding Orcs. It's just not ethical any way you look at it. I have to look at it like...they forgot what made it great and appealed to others to join in the fun. I would think having a lots and lots of players that pay a little here and there, telling others what a great game and relaxing time this is, would be better than having a few big spenders. But, if that is what you developers wanted, that is what your getting.

DeletedUser43

edit: I have been informed I am not allowed to post anything to the beta forum from other forums, so the entire reason for this thread is now moot. I am terribly sorry. I cannot pass any of your posts along. They will only accept comments from beta players on the beta forums.

We have four threads going on the topic. Maybe they should all be merged? This one was in response to a direct question on the beta forum. But, apparently, they only meant that question for beta players. So, I erred in starting this thread. If you want to discuss this limitation, the other threads would be better.

Here are the links to the other threads:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fed-up-with-orc-requirement-in-negotaions.3667/

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/frustration-with-orc-requirement.3709/

and the original thread when it first started and everyone started quitting:

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-10.3261/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3312

I am just going into dwarves so.. I can't comment on orcs. however.. from what I have heard here. it will probably be the end of the game for me. I want a game with a bit of challenge, a lot of fun, and a great deal of satisfaction. so far I really enjoy everything but the battles as I cannot put my 5 weaklings up against steroid filled 8 and 9 monsters. it's impossible to wind. I do not stand a chance. that is not fun. that is not satisfactory. that is not a challenge. it is murder as in wipe out

DeletedUser4218

The analogy that I wish to make is that if you're running your Elvenar city at Take-Off power ALL OF THE TIME, you're going to run out of fuel before you arrive at your destination. Folks are burning out and "quitting" because they're pressing TOO HARD, which amplifies even the tiniest of problems.

I have been playing this game since Feb 2nd of this year. I play everyday and do a fairly good job of keeping 5 builders busy all the time except for the end of dwarves. I have 60+ residences lvl 19 and still building them for population, 5 elixer lvl 15, 5 scrolls lvl 16, 8 steel lvl 15 and 14 workshops levels 18-19. It takes all of these for me to keep up with growth at the level I enjoy, ability to train troops to fight on the world map where I have only two Provinces left that I can finish without orcs and still have a while before I can finish fairies. Expansions aren't a problem as I will only have 1 spot left to fill out my grid upon completion of fairies.

So in your analogy I have been playing at take-off power since I began playing this game and I don't feel any burnout but I do see this game is frustrating enough with changes and inno continuously finding ways to thwart my growth and playing like I want. I probably will be quitting but not due to burnout as you infer but due to limitations placed on me with upgrades like orcs, new battles that have truly pissed me off. I doubt many people quit playing a game that is for the most part relaxing due to burn out from playing fast but for similar reasons to mine.

I have purchased diamonds along the way because I wanted to not because I had to so I could continue playing the game. Now that things are changing and it appears I will be forced to spend my hard earned money when I don't want to I am basically done playing and it does sadden me as I have enjoyed Elvenar.