• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship drama

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The point that was in my head way back ten days ago, was whether people should consider that their insistence on having no drama in the fellowship might just be the source of more drama than not worrying about it so much. I think it's interesting that our group which never mentions FS drama never seems to suffer much from it. We did lose one person several months ago to what I can only imagine is something of the sort, since they said they were just taking a break, but immediately joined another FS. But generally, people who leave have either announced they were leaving the game, or stopped playing and been dropped after a month or two of un-responsiveness. It's also possible we're just really lucky.

DeletedUser3821

The point that was in my head way back ten days ago, was whether people should consider that their insistence on having no drama in the fellowship might just be the source of more drama than not worrying about it so much. I think it's interesting that our group which never mentions FS drama never seems to suffer much from it. We did lose one person several months ago to what I can only imagine is something of the sort, since they said they were just taking a break, but immediately joined another FS. But generally, people who leave have either announced they were leaving the game, or stopped playing and been dropped after a month or two of un-responsiveness. It's also possible we're just really lucky.
I don't think I'm alone when I say, y'all ARE "just really lucky". I'm curious....does anyone ever discuss politics in your chat box? :eek:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How? A person doing their own abyss takes 4.5 days. If they are waiting for their "turn" based on how much KP they've donated, it's gonna be awhile.
If someone has donated the same amount as required to upgrade their own wonder, they will certainly be at the top of the list, and since a new wonder comes up to the top every ~30 hours or so, the most they would wait is a day.
Usually once you have donated ~75% of what your own wonder needs, you are at the top, so players often have their wonders levelled sooner than if they had just put KP in their own.

DeletedUser2824

was whether people should consider that their insistence on having no drama in the fellowship might just be the source of more drama than not worrying about it so much.

I've seen that happen too. Life's full of irony.
"I don't mean to offend you, but, let me offend you."
"You complain too much. By they way, I'm always here if you need to talk."
"Oh, just get to it whenever you have time. But just to let you know, I'll be mad if you don't get up and do it now."
"Just be yourself, unless your opinions differ than mine."

DeletedUser7370

If someone has donated the same amount as required to upgrade their own wonder, they will certainly be at the top of the list, and since a new wonder comes up to the top every ~30 hours or so, the most they would wait is a day.
Usually once you have donated ~75% of what your own wonder needs, you are at the top, so players often have their wonders levelled sooner than if they had just put KP in their own.
All balanced schemes are nothing more than enforced wonder upgrading. If player 3 has to reach point 212, and her achievement of that point likely matches putting 212 points into other people's wonders then it is the same as upgrading her own. All balanced wonder programs are the same as a priority upgrade your own wonders program.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
All balanced schemes are nothing more than enforced wonder upgrading. If player 3 has to reach point 212, and her achievement of that point likely matches putting 212 points into other people's wonders then it is the same as upgrading her own. All balanced wonder programs are the same as a priority upgrade your own wonders program.
Except for the extras you get from being one of the top contributors, and the extras others get for contributing to yours. There really is an advantage to contributing to other people's AW over your own, it's more a question of the best way to accomplish that. The best way to accomplish it depends, in part, on whether you have someone (or everyone) willing to do a bunch of work to make sure it's fair, and (depending on the nature of your arrangement) how often and how much you lose to people leaving while they are in a debit position with the FS. One of the upsides to the email chain is that nobody can leave owing anyone anything. Side deals are different, and represent a small risk.

SoggyShorts

Like @Ashrem said, it's the rewards that make the difference. In our system the person whos wonder is up gets credit for all of the bonus KP, so being in our program effectively gets you 10% cheaper wonders. Our FS on K&W have gained over 3,400 KP each from rewards so far.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
speaking of drama
i just got booted from my secondary fs for saying in chat that i was tired of seeing 5 pages of one and zero star trades
bad muck bad :mad:

geesh
i never even said anything about the ridiculous cross tier trades
sorry but i will not give you 1600 marble for your 100 dust. i don't care what Inno thinks is fair.

so there you go folks
i'm a bad seed

btw
i take pleasure in the fact that they will get one chest less from the tourney because they didn't wait until saturday :D

SassKatt

In a KP swap thread where people donate randomly, isn't it still mostly a wash unless the players benefit from the rewards for being top donator? It may be more of a headache to manage, but it seems that it would be the most efficient if members listed their wonders in a spreadsheet and then people sign up to level that wonder, guaranteeing the donator a reward placement.
Unfortunately our FS has many tech challenged members. Thus using a spread sheet would really send them running for the hills screaming. The 5 and 10 KP email chain works for us for that exact reason. Not all are technologically created equal here.

DeletedUser3821

speaking of drama
i just got booted from my secondary fs for saying in chat that i was tired of seeing 5 pages of one and zero star trades
bad muck bad :mad:
geesh
i never even said anything about the ridiculous cross tier trades
sorry but i will not give you 1600 marble for your 100 dust. i don't care what Inno thinks is fair.
so there you go folks
i'm a bad seed
btw
i take pleasure in the fact that they will get one chest less from the tourney because they didn't wait until saturday :D
Seriously??? o_O Is your "former" AM on a monstrous power trip, or what??? That's ridiculous, and now I'm taking pleasure in the fact that they will get one chest less...Sheesh!!!;)

DeletedUser3122

But I heard you require everyone in your FS to be in the wonders program, and if that's true, how could each person only wait a day before they get their 36 hour upgrade? Your math does not work out.

DeletedUser3122

it's the rewards that make the difference.

If you happen to be the #1 contributor it may make some difference. but 10KP and 1 rune of the type you're upgrading (when it may not even be one you want to build yourself) really isn't what I call much of a reward to strive for, especially considering you may have donated 50KP or more to get it.

DeletedUser3122

Wow, that's too bad. If you'd been in my FS, you'd have been applauded for saying it. But, it doesn't happen in our FS because I don't allow unfair trades unless by arrangement between 2 people who are online at the same time.

DeletedUser7919

My fellowship has the right idea about helping folks upgrade their Ancient Wonders. Everyone in the fellowship donates to one specific person, whichever AW they want to be upgraded, and then when we fill up the KP for that user we go on to the next and start again. It's a little bit of a wait for your turn to come back around, but once it does . . . you will be able to upgrade your AW in about 2 days if that. You just donate whatever you can, whenever you can. There's no number requirement. You donate to ONLY one person until their KP is full and then move to the next person. It's awesome. So awesome.

As for drama ... my last fellowship was unreal. I was constantly being harassed by one member to stop using chat to talk about anything other than the game. Oddly enough ... the person who kept harassing me used the chat to talk about anything BUT the game. Then a few of the highest ranked people in the fellowship got pissed at me for playing regularly and advancing quickly. I was constantly told not to be fanatical about playing and not to worry about the fellowship ranking because it didn't matter. I was told if I was only in it to try to compete then I was in it for the wrong reasons. As a newbie, I had many questions and folks told me to delete my boosted manufacturing buildings from five to two. Crap like that went on and went on and went on and the person who was acting as the archmage/mage didn't do anything to help stop it all. Even when I brought it up more than once. It was such a horrible experience that I was leery about joining another fellowship at all, but then I found my current one and it's absolutely amazing. So supportive. The archmage/mage stays on top of things and there's ZERO drama, lots of joking and laughter and we are encouraged to play to the best of our abilities.

SoggyShorts

But I heard you require everyone in your FS to be in the wonders program
Nope. Sure, we ask that everyone who wants to be in it signs up and tells us that they understand that we need to record donations before they click "upgrade", but not everyone donates, and not all the time.

When players aren't techlocked they often donate zero KP to the program for weeks or even months. Those players would not be increasing their balance (donated KP minus received KP) so they would not come up next during that time.
If you happen to be the #1 contributor it may make some difference. but 10KP and 1 rune of the type you're upgrading (when it may not even be one you want to build yourself) really isn't what I call much of a reward to strive for, especially considering you may have donated 50KP or more to get it.
This is the beauty of the spreadsheet. Being a top contributor gets you the runes, nothing else.
If you are the #1 contributor with 50 KP in and 10 KP reward, that 10 KP gets deducted from your balance.
So you put in 50, get 10 reward back for a balance of +40
The 10 KP reward(and all other KP rewards) then get added to the person who's wonder is up.

This means when you get your level 1 GA upgraded and total donations of 109 KP are received the 5+5 KP rewards are attributed to you, meaning it only cost you 99 KP to get your wonder up.

My fellowship has the right idea about helping folks upgrade their Ancient Wonders. Everyone in the fellowship donates to one specific person, whichever AW they want to be upgraded, and then when we fill up the KP for that user we go on to the next and start again. It's a little bit of a wait for your turn to come back around, but once it does . . . you will be able to upgrade your AW in about 2 days if that. You just donate whatever you can, whenever you can. There's no number requirement. You donate to ONLY one person until their KP is full and then move to the next person. It's awesome. So awesome.
I'm sorry, but even if your FS is full of real life family members I can't see this working fairly. Even if all intentions were good, a new player would get the 109 KP for their GA, and then bigger players would get the 450 KP for their GA. If you don't track donation amounts at all, how would it ever balance out?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm sorry, but even if your FS is full of real life family members I can't see this working fairly. Even if all intentions were good, a new player would get the 109 KP for their GA, and then bigger players would get the 450 KP for their GA. If you don't track donation amounts at all, how would it ever balance out?

Actually, that is pretty much how my first fs operated. And it worked quite well.
We rotated through the list. People got their AWs filled.
No one signed any pledges.
No one was treated like a bad child.
People just helped each other.