• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Has Inno finally lost the plot?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hate to say this, but to be fair I just looked at discord and there are 577 people online there. However, that includes US, EN and beta. So, you'd expect more to be there.
True. Combining all three, that's an average of less than 200 per server. Right now on this forum there are 300 people. We're still a lot more popular despite the fact that they've killed the ways to get here and they are blasting the ways to get to discord everywhere. That says something.

BrinDarby

1698322895065.png

Sorry @Darielle & @Yogi Dave , but I really think all those
"guests" are the Bots(robots) ... I don't even think I know how
to log in the forum as a guest, do you ??

Deleted User - 281932

There are over 200 people on this forum right now, probably the most I've seen in months. I think it's unconscionable that they would think of deleting a forum this popular, so yeah, Inno has lost the plot.
I don't like the Discord at all. It's hard on all us older folk trying to learn new technology as most of us are losing brain cells. I tried using it and I'm not finding the answers I need there. I agree with you on "Inno has lost the plot". I've been thinking that ever since I've seen the madness with Inno making buildings that offer a player non-boosted goods. What's up with that...why are they taking out the fellowshipping out of a fellowship game? Trading is part of that fellowship.
Inno has put in so many events a fellowship hasn't any time to fellowship with each other.

Deleted User - 281932

Hello @snowcone is it a "sell your Portal-Quest" you are talking about?
To solve this kind of Quest you can build up any kind of portal, for example a Dwarven Portal and sell it
Thank you for responding to my issue! I figured it out. Not sure I remember what I did to fix the problem but when I tried to get back on the Forum it was Discord. I ready did get blown by that.
But while I have your attention...if you are still here...can you direct me to someone that can/will explain the cross-trading? I think it's still not fair trades and everyone is wanting to trade that way. I had it wrote in my older pc but it crashed and I had to get a laptop. My lungs getting to weak to set at the desk when all the cooks are cooking. Thank you!

BrinDarby

@snowcone ,
The trade screen always tries to build a 1:1 trade.
Anything other than that, a player has to manually
input that 2nd amount. So, any Cross-trade should
list @ 1:1 too. Once ya put the right 2 goods, just
put an amount in the offer box, and the trader will
adjust your demand amt to 1:1.

for standard goods, ratios are 1 : 1.5 : 2.25 to achieve
a 1:1 trade. I will not discuss fair/not fair, or any FS with
special instructions for cross trades. ( T1:T2:T3 ).
( 2250 marble = 1500 crystal = 1000 elixer ) = 1:1

Yogi Dave

A cross trade (or cross-tier trade) is when one of the goods if from one tier and the other is from another tier. So, marble, steel, or planks for crystal, scrolls, silk, elixir, dust, or gems would be a cross-tier trade. The way Inno adjusted the trade ratios brought the cross-tier trades closer to true cost of the goods. They were 1 : 4 : 16. The current ratios of 1 : 1.5 : 2.25 are much closer to actual cost producing the goods. However, there are very strong opinions about cross-tier trades and about the use of the word 'fair'. In the game, Inno refers to 'fair' as 2-star trades.

Sathiru

There are over 200 people on this forum right now, probably the most I've seen in months. I think it's unconscionable that they would think of deleting a forum this popular, so yeah, Inno has lost the plot.
I joined the Elvenar Discord when it was first announced. There was, as you'd expect, an initial flurry of activity but now it's a ghost town. Meanwhile, the US, Beta and International Forum have been more active since the move to Discord.

Funny that. Players supposedly wanted a Discord, because it's more "accessible and easier to use" than forums, and yet..

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I joined the Elvenar Discord when it was first announced. There was, as you'd expect, an initial flurry of activity but now it's a ghost town. Meanwhile, the US, Beta and International Forum have been more active since the move to Discord.

Funny that. Players supposedly wanted a Discord, because it's more "accessible and easier to use" than forums, and yet..
These people:
Universal Chat
World Chat

Where are they now? Hope you like your ghost town...if you're even still playing!

BrinDarby

These people:
Universal Chat
World Chat

Where are they now?
I'm right here Crackie, I just want world chat accessible
as easy as FS chat is. like in another tab.... and perhaps
a way to expand the chat making it functional better.

No more 3rd party..... I never said, dump the forum, just
to port us to another site that is basically only for chat.

The "killer app" here I guess went right over Discord's
head..... Port thier tech, so anyone can add chat to thier
site easily, in a simple expandable window, and Discord
would still be able to scavange data..... The same way
ppl embedd youtube videos onto web pages. Just
embedd a discord window onto the forum.

Easy-Peasy ;)

Agvar

Latest offering from Inno in their "We've lost the plot" saga:- Beta will be starting a new FS in under 48hrs while the current Winter Magic Event still has 9 days to go!!

All we need now is for the next Season to start and then we can melt our cities under the strain of coping with FA, Event. Season, Tourney & Spire all at once. :eek_elf:

quin629

I thought there was some tech issue that precluded them from running 2 things simultaneously - not enough space to place all the quest boxes and event maps & such. Is 'fixing' that what they've been devoting their time & resources to? So that they could run simultaneous events? Losing the plot indeed.........

Henroo

Oh Wise One
These people:
Universal Chat
World Chat

Where are they now? Hope you like your ghost town...if you're even still playing!
One of the players in the Universal Chat thread (Aritra) was a former FS member of mine. She was once a dedicated, daily player but a combination of burn-out and real life events have led her to leave the game entirely.