• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Has Inno finally lost the plot?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
There are different types of English speakers:
1696715151372.jpeg

TimeMachine

I commend the effort
Thanks! ;)
but I think if it hopes to attract the American crowd, the default should be in English instead of needing to change the language upon registration. Remember, we are the ignorant country that travels internationally and expect the natives to speak English to accommodate us.
That is of course very clear to me. :)

I don't want to invite as many members as possible, it is not my website and I am not even in the Mod-Team.

My guess was just that when especially the Beta-Forum will be closed, that I would going to miss it.

That's why I just wanted to inform everybody that there is and will be this possibility to gain or post informations about Elvenar.

Unfortunately this website is founded and run by german players - not all of them are speaking english. ;)

My try was to build up an english speaking corner for all them Beta-Players and of course for rest of the interested english speaking Elvenar-Community worldwide.

Atm it seems to me that it will, with few exceptions, maybe just stay a "german" Elvenar-Fan-Forum but with the section https://www.elvenar-fan-forum.de/f5...cation-with-our-English-speaking-friends.html there is already a english speaking-area which can be displayed and red with no need to register.

This section could get bigger and bigger, the more english speaking humans and elves participate.
Everybody is invited to start a thread about whatever! ;)

crackie

Sigh. Having a Gif is nothing special, I'd rather have pics enabled.
It's been almost a month since they launched this ingenious forum replacement idea. There has been that Beta bug report snafu regarding where you're supposed to report bugs. Sounds like they want them to go to discord now, but they STILL haven't enable pics? Yeah, I have the utmost confidence this new joint will be a fantastic, functional, and usable space spearheaded by a leadership core that absolutely knows what they're doing. It won't feel like we're being funneled into newbie fellowships led by people that don't know what they're doing at all. The microcosm is a reflection of the greater macrocosm?

Unfortunately this website is founded and run by german players - not all of them are speaking english. ;)
Ah, I see. So you're just a prophet. Thanks for letting us know.

crackie

@crackie Only for You! ;)

I've just reproduced it, switching languages is now possible without log in! :)

You are all welcome to visit us at: https://www.elvenar-fan-forum.de/
It’s working on desktop but it’s full German when I go from my phone won’t no flags in sight. Even the skin is different for mobile. Interesting what GDPR requires for even fellow players content, but looks like they went the extra mile for compliance with permissions in writing.

Edit: I need time to sit down and recover learning it's GA's over there and not FAs :D

Last edited:

TimeMachine

Edit: I need time to sit down and recover learning it's GA's over there and not FAs :D
I thought everybody knew “Gemeinschaft Abenteuer”! ;) :D
To have those abbreviations translated correctly, google translate would have to learn more about Elvenar I guess. :)

I had to learn it other way around.
Back in the days when I entered my first friendship on Beta-Server, I can remember that I was wondering about what FA should mean, ;)

Elvenar-Fan-Forum can offer some more of that "learning other languages" at least a little in the future I guess.

For example if a french player logs in to comment something, he or she will probably write in french, that means that for example american or german players will have to translate this post in case they don't speek french. :)

I am really curious and a little excited about how international Elvenar-Fan-Forum will maybe become one day.
Plus getting to know some other languages at least a little better is always great fun to me.

The possibilities are already there. ;)

And not to forget Elvenar-Fan-Forum is steadily worked on and being updated, plus everybody is welcome to wish for new things or changes that might be helpful and practicable.

I know a few people that would love to give that event the shaft :D
me 2 :D

To me it always depends on the individual timing with the actual guest race and chapter, if it fits I love to make a big FA-preparation.
If not the FA often annoyed me a little or possibly even a litte more. :)

crackie

I had to learn it other way around.
Back in the days when I entered my first friendship on Beta-Server, I can remember that I was wondering about what FA should mean, ;)
If we want to get meta with it, google is translating "Gemeinschaft Abenteuer" as "Community Adventure", which would make it CA, and some people would say that's the abbreviation for "Can't Adventure". :D

Deleted User - 281932

I can only imagine how the new players are feeling with all the newest buildings that produce different goods from marble to bismuth. It was hard enough keeping up with just the goods production buildings but now we need a PHD to learn how to play what once was a fun game.
It feels I’m going to college for someone else because I’ll never use this in real life myself and not getting paid but having to pay to do it.
They have really messed this game up for me. Now I see why so many original players stopped. I can’t even figure out how to continue on with chapter 18. I guess I’m going to have to rebuild chapter 17 to sell as it tells me to.

TimeMachine

I can’t even figure out how to continue on with chapter 18. I guess I’m going to have to rebuild chapter 17 to sell as it tells me to.
Hello @snowcone is it a "sell your Portal-Quest" you are talking about?
To solve this kind of Quest you can build up any kind of portal, for example a Dwarven Portal and sell it