• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Higher losses in recent tournaments

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3932582
  • Start date

Alistaire

You are probably correct... logistically the rollback would be a challenge. But I am left with a bitter taste, as the tournament gutted me. a couple of military buildings is very scant compensation for all that I consumed, used up, and deployed. I am sure that I will have to "Suck it up" as Mick Mulvaney might say... not the first time I have gotten royally shafted in a game, and the recourse is the same as always: let it go or quit the game. In this case, think I will just go into semi-hibernation. One person doing this isnt going to create much of an impact, although I am sure I have helped them make payroll a few times. :eek:
Honestly the best thing for them to do is hand out blueprints. That's the endgame of the tourney, and even those that managed it did it with extra expense.

And it'd be a "free" gesture for them to do, might even get people who have never gotten one more keen on tourneys to get more.

Kekune

I just realized something:
Steinling II's have a built in 50% attack boost against light melee. That would account for those higher attacks without the Phoenix buff. So it does not look like it's affecting Steinlings...

Well, I'll heave a big sigh of relief. :) It's so annoying that I can't see any of this directly on mobile, so I've been wondering all day. I can finally check it out now that I've got back to the PC.

Thanks for testing things, and the follow-up.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yes very disappointing also, and not a peep from any forum mods here on our forums at all about the problem! It is all really hush-hush, not a good sign, but it is not that unusual for INNO. That seems to be the way they roll.
Some of the problem could be the lack of volunteer forum mods, they don't offer them anything for helping around here (as far as I know), they weren't allowed to even use the sigs I made them :(. Hard to get people to be mods with no incentives!

Last edited:

DeletedUser20951

Hard to get people to be mods with no incentives!
I think they should be paid. No amount of money in the world would ever be enough to entice me to moderate any forum, but I believe mods deserve so much more than the endless toil and mind-numbing scanning of content in exchange for nothing but abuse meant for the company (which I hurl, too; they chose to represent Inno and be their whipping boy). I had to go a couple days without checking in and reading a normal daily number of posts to catch up, and when I was able to log in, it made me want to stab my eyes out wi- OH GODS, STABBY, PLEASE COME BACK.

kctanzen

i'm not a coder, math wizard, or data miner.
I was, when I could work, an adept systems engineer and troubleshooter.

It should be a fairly simple and relatively easy fix -- add an additional identifying character for the database entry regarding the enemy slot spaces in the battle set up selections screen. Basing it on the enemy slot location eliminates problems of creating a 'new' enemy unit that may be identical to one we can train as players. Not knowing the coding though, I am making assumptions based on past experience with similar types of things (user permission groups as an example). Wonders / battle buffs may be looking at a set of identifiers and apply whatever boost they have to the entire class of units that meet that criteria.

Adding the additional character to the enemy unit slot creates a new 'user group' -- and would dis-allow the bonuses from any player buildings (wonders / Phoenix / battle huts) to be applied to the units.
Since every enemy unit would fall into that user group because of the slotting system, this should solve the problem across the board and for future units.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
eliminates problems of creating a 'new' enemy unit
I know almost nothing about any of this, but I was looking at it sort of like when they were releasing the RR spells for event bldgs: supposedly it took so much time because all event bldgs were recognized as one bldg regardless of individual player chapter rewards. They had to make each chapter lvl a separate bldg. I figured now they're having to make any unit that is common to both player and enemy military a separate military unit. Your way sounds so much faster/easier.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Not knowing the coding though, I am making assumptions based on past experience with similar types of things (user permission groups as an example). Wonders / battle buffs may be looking at a set of identifiers and apply whatever boost they have to the entire class of units that meet that criteria.

Adding the additional character to the enemy unit slot creates a new 'user group' -- and would dis-allow the bonuses from any player buildings (wonders / Phoenix / battle huts) to be applied to the units.
Since every enemy unit would fall into that user group because of the slotting system, this should solve the problem across the board and for future units.

Dony from Beta says the bug goes way back but was never fully realized by the players by the slow way these units were introduced for enemy and player use. It is very likely your assumption here is correct, and your solution does look like one that can avoid too much tampering with the script (or locating it). But then again, the units could be hard coded in, so adding more units may require tampering with the script anyway.

mikeledo

It is not an emergency for INNO, so they are not going to pay any overtime to fix it. It will be fixed in the same amount of time as it took them to fix the FA clicker. In the meantime, a lot of players are going easy on the tournament, saving their pet food.

I bought some stuff during this last festival and it looks like it reset the 100% diamond offer. INNO, if you are listening, I can wait as long as you can.

Foldedspace

So is my understanding correct that I shouldn't use any buff buildings (phoenix, UUU, etc.) until this is addressed? That it also strengthens enemy units? I sure don't want to waste what precious little pet food I have on a faulty tournament.

mikeledo

So is my understanding correct that I shouldn't use any buff buildings (phoenix, UUU, etc.) until this is addressed? That it also strengthens enemy units? I sure don't want to waste what precious little pet food I have on a faulty tournament.
INNO is again being generous with the petfood. I am using it on brown bear to create troops on Sunday and on Thursday forward I will use it on my Fire Phoenix. The only difference in fighting I noticed is with the frog and ranger. If fighting them switch to manual and take them out first.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
There's some posts on the beta forums today that makes it look like they may have fixed it. This link should take you to that thread (maybe even the right post, lol); it's the last 3 posts on page 2:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...-damage-than-intended.14012/page-2#post-80113

Kekune

Whether or not it's fixed, I've been using buffs selectively and will keep doing so. I figure that all-troop buffs (like the phoenix, UUU) still give me an advantage, because all of my troops are buffed but only a few of theirs. And I'm avoiding/disconnecting things that directly boost the specific troops they're using. So, I disconnected victory springs last week. And then I cater anything where they've stacked a whole bunch of buffed troops into one fight. :)

It's not my goal to get maximum mileage out of a buff, though.

Foldedspace

INNO is again being generous with the petfood. I am using it on brown bear to create troops on Sunday and on Thursday forward I will use it on my Fire Phoenix. The only difference in fighting I noticed is with the frog and ranger. If fighting them switch to manual and take them out first.

I'm not seeing anything close to "generous" with pet food.