• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to prepare for Halloween event (spoilers)

DeletedUser3468

Now if I can just manage not to mess up again like I did in my Winyandor city... *sigh*

I wanted to start a few of my planks factories going on the 24 hour one and found out this morning that I'd somehow managed to set them ALL on 24 hours! Since I was only on quest 10. Produce 9h boosted 4 times and Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times, this was not a good thing. I now have 4 baby planks factories doing the 9 hour goods. :oops:

Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about confusing which factories have the 24 hour goods and collecting them too soon! :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I visit my Beta city that has already completed the event far more often than I need to. Just so I can click on whatever I want, whenever I want!

Buttrflwr

I visit my Beta city that has already completed the event far more often than I need to. Just so I can click on whatever I want, whenever I want!
:D:D:D:D:D:p

I should have started a spread sheet or something to keep up with where I am, where I am going, where I have been, and which ones I need(ed) to take with me, at what time. :p

DeletedUser3686

If I tear down buildings as you indicated then you also get a penalty of negative population which would preclude any further building until the negative population is made up by further building nor does the rewards offer enough population to offset it. Instead of this new battle system, they should have allowed more expansion in the cities by now. I have buildings I can't even begin the place in my city. Also, you seem to be a bit cavalier with the expended resources it took to build the buildings in my city especially since catering now cost an enormous amount of resources one I checked today 15000 elixir 18000 silk etc REALLY????? However, I do appreciate your taking the time to respond to my post. Thank you, at least someone is reading these post, since I am sure the developers don't give a hoot! Cheers right , mate!

You should not have to tear down any other buildings other than older culture buildings to progress unless you have a disproportionate number of residences or production buildings or something. Besides, when you get the prize buildings, they go to your inventory, so even if you don't have space now, you can always wait until you have more space to build them. The event building are certainly worth far more culture per square than then current age culture buildings, so again, it's worth tearing a few down. I got Wonky Walter in Chapter IV, and it's 95 culture per square was more than well worth it to tear down two Cyclones.

It seems like you're at a higher level, but I'm posting this below for any newbies who happen to read this.

Tearing down older culture buildings and replacing them with other and better buildings is a good strategy in general for Elvenar. For instance, if you play Elves:

Spot of Whispering Trees
-available fairly early on in Chapter II
-12 squares of space
-400 culture points
-33 culture per square

Mysterious Cyclone
-available near end of Chapter III
-9 squares of space
-440 culture points
-48 culture per square

Temple of Ages
-available near end of Chapter IV
-20 squares of space
-1200 culture points
-60 culture per square

The culture per square is nearly double at the end of chapter IV than it is for early chapter II. Yes, it does mean giving up valuable resources when you sell an old building, but at least you get half of them back. The benefits heavily outweigh the positives since space is much more severely limited than gold and tools.

SoggyShorts

I just noticed they changed quest #14 from what it was on beta
You now need to train 300 troops, and
scout 1 province or produce 1 PoP spell
this shouldn't change the plan for most people since you probably want to save you spells for #16 where you will need 3 of them

DeletedUser2753

I just discovered a new trick with the contest. There are 3 regular decline-able quests that ask for 24 hour runs on your boosts + supplies, Cycle through the quests until you find the first one, Then if you line up 3 of the 24 hour runs in the contest #13 with these three regular quests that run in a row, you can kill 2 birds with one stone. or 6 birds with 3, you understand? You have to collect in the right order. There may be other opportunities with getting relics as well.

DeletedUser3312

I just discovered... yea!!!! i'm in dwarves and had to delete over 3,000 in culture to build mines and foundry's..... so I am seriously in the negative on culture. One of the quests is to upgrade buildings to level 4 or above. dang .. yes. foundrys and mines counted. yes!!! so I am sure that similiar temp buildings in fairy's and orcs will as well. I'm just tickled pink over it all .... smiles.... BIG smiles.... lol

SoggyShorts

I just discovered... yea!!!! i'm in dwarves and had to delete over 3,000 in culture to build mines and foundry's..... so I am seriously in the negative on culture. One of the quests is to upgrade buildings to level 4 or above. dang .. yes. foundrys and mines counted. yes!!! so I am sure that similiar temp buildings in fairy's and orcs will as well. I'm just tickled pink over it all .... smiles.... BIG smiles.... lol
Beware, there is a quest later to upgrade 4 buildings to level 5, so dwarf stuff won't help you there

Buttrflwr

*whew* Just sent my last scout out, it will be back in 5 hours, my 7 toolboxes will be done in 19 hours, then when I get home tomorrow, I can start on the eleventy billion breads they want me to make, and I will be DONE! *happy dance* :D I so wanted to get this done quickly so I won't be stressing over it with the new jobbie. :D

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

*whew* Just sent my last scout out, it will be back in 5 hours, my 7 toolboxes will be done in 9 hours, then when I get home tomorrow, I can start on the eleventy billion breads they want me to make, and I will be DONE! *happy dance* :D I so wanted to get this done quickly so I won't be stressing over it with the new jobbie. :D
If you can, post a little screenshot showing your time remaining and the completed quests, would be a nice addition to the thread =)
BTW I'm 16 and 18 hours from finishing mine... What will we do the last 10 days of the event?

Buttrflwr

If you can, post a little screenshot showing your time remaining and the completed quests, would be a nice addition to the thread =)
BTW I'm 16 and 18 hours from finishing mine... What will we do the last 10 days of the event?
I just realized I left the 1 out on my post, that was supposed to be 19 hours, not 9. I corrected it. So now it's 9 hours for toolboxes, and the eleventy billion bread, which I will do this evening. First day of new job, gotta go.

Attachments

• quest.png
    quest.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 105
I'm going to hold off on finishing the event until I can open the next chapter, to get a better reward. Just have a few more things to research, and I'll be ready to advance.

DeletedUser3871

I'm going to hold off on finishing the event until I can open the next chapter, to get a better reward. Just have a few more things to research, and I'll be ready to advance.

I have just done that. Well in one world anyway :)

It has also come apparent that if you are a Human in Chapter 1 you can't complete quest 15

DeletedUser4359

First off, Thank you SoggyShorts for the walk through and help along the way, from not only myself, but others in my fellowship as well. As a newer player, some steps were harder then others, with the changes in battle, fighting for a relic is not an option.

DeletedUser3312

Beware, there is a quest later to upgrade 4 buildings to level 5, so dwarf stuff won't help you there

Ya am building copper as fast so I can to open Ancient place culture and another central place culture and some smaller ones to fill in empty holes. may have to sell a house for space yo add more culture and then sell culture and rebuild house after I collect the quest as well. smiles.

It has also come apparent that if you are a Human in Chapter 1 you can't complete quest 15

actually throw up some marble factories and get them to level 4 then when you hit #15, upgrade them to level 5 and then delete them after you collect on the quest.

DeletedUser3982

Thanks SoggyShorts! With prep and lotsa extra buildings I got this done in just over 24 hours!

And yep a notepad was handy to track where I was and when to prep. I also moved stuff around and used locations to keep me from grabbing 24hr stuff from 9hr stuff and similar.