• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Academy and Spell feedback

DeletedUser1036

Simple I make my living off of the net so I do 15 minute and 1 hour grinds all day long on workshops. The game is just 1 tab over.

DeletedUser43

Jixel....I have just six workshops and I have 6 tier 3, 6 tier 2's and 7 tier 1's. Well, 6 full workshops and 6 more tiny level 1 workshops. I set them all for 3 hour stints and then I just do the 13,000 supply quest three times a day.

DeletedUser1053

I must say that quest is very useful. I have 8 workshops, and 4 more at level 1. I do run most of my workshops in 5 minute stints when I am on.

Jixel

Simple I make my living off of the net so I do 15 minute and 1 hour grinds all day long on workshops. The game is just 1 tab over.

Jixel....I have just six workshops and I have 6 tier 3, 6 tier 2's and 7 tier 1's. Well, 6 full workshops and 6 more tiny level 1 workshops. I set them all for 3 hour stints and then I just do the 13,000 supply quest three times a day.

Ahhh, got it. Don't think I could play that way (either way), I'm playing four worlds and have two small children and a full-time job :)
... so apparently I'm leaning more towards Katwijk-style minimal-clicks playing :)

DeletedUser1122

I can not find any information on the ensorcelled endowment spell in release notes for Arendyll or wiki. Could someone point me to some information on them.
What I think I know:
You must have overall cultural bonus of 125% for the spells to work.
You are able to boost ONLY culture on buildings that have had neighborly help.
The applied spell effects the total culture bonus not just the building that has the spell. So it could be cast on the lowest of cultural buildings that can be "buffed".
Neighborly help lasts for 8 hours.
The spell works for 2 days (48 hours after it is applied)
It takes 13 hours to produce and costs one tier 2 and one tier 3 non boosted relic.
Question
When the buff expires does the spell still work?

DeletedUser

No, the spell is not active once a buff expires until the item is buffed again...

DeletedUser61

So it could be cast on the lowest of cultural buildings that can be "buffed".
I'd suggest the other way round. Your visitors are likely to buff your "best" buildings, and the sparkle makes it all the more likely.

The ensorcellment lasts for 2 days, while a buff only lasts for 8 hours,
so it would seem to me that you'd want the ensorcellment on a building that was VERY likely to be buffed , if it had lapsed, and thereby reactivate the spell.

DeletedUser71

I personally would like to see it moved back to chapter 2, where you at least have had some additional time to explore / research more province expansions.

DeletedUser2062

for all the pro's and con's I still wish the building was optional-i can do without it, and do not use it-it sits in my city taking up space. I think it is just too costly to make spells, they take a lot of time to make and really do not benefit me. I have enough workshops to complement the number of boosted manufactories I have in my city-and am in a very healthy clan who perform daily visits-I average about 125% culture with all the help. It is a large building because it is suppose to be seen as "powerful", but really it is not.
What happened to the story line?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1010

So I have had the MA for awhile now and before I got it I was not wanting it, didn't feel like it would be of help to me for the size it was butt then I used a few spells I got from the tech tree and I loved them! So I went ahead and place the building(had to for quest anyways) thinking I would use it a lot (which I did at first making lots of spells) but now I have a stock pile of spells that honestly I am not using. I wish I had not had to build it, I want the space back. That said I am happy with the spells and glad to have the stock pile of 14 each. And I am sure if I ran out of spells I would be glad I have the ablity to make more so after all this back-n-forth I have had in the end I am ok(not happy or unhappy) with the MA! FYI I don't like it just sitting there with the Zzz just waiting while everything else in my city is working away so maybe change the Zzz to a different icon so it don't look so much like a waste just being unused, I mean we cant keep it going all the time like our goods or supplys bc it takes relics, so there is going to be a lot of downtime for it with the Zzz which looks bad so either take away the Zzz or give it another job to do while in between making spells. Doesn't have to be a big thing but anything like extra goods maybe 400 a day or something, anything! lol Anyways just my line of thought on the MA=)

DeletedUser627

@6pac You probably already know this, but along the lines of your question I thought I'd chip in:

When the Ensorcelled Spell and Provision Spell are used in tandem, the result is pretty potent. Personally, I can't use the Ensorcelled one (no 125% bonus)...but I wish I could. How nice to use 3 Ensorcelled Spells, gain the 15% bump, and then bump all the Workshops by 50%...

The thing about Spells is that we can't produce enough of them to base an economy around them. If we could, talk about fun! We could devise a strategy to combine them so we could reduce the number of workshops, etc. Instead, we have to decide how to use them intermittently, or for special projects.

The first thing I did was to run the math and determine how many Supplies are needed to :1) permanently run all manufactories 24/7 and 2) permanently run the barracks 24/7. These are my fixed costs, and I built Workshops to cover these costs.

We also have variable building / upgrade costs during the guest race implementations. On balance, I decided to produce Provision Spells and save them for the times when I have these variable costs. Next guest race, I'll have plenty of Provision spells for building.

Tournaments are also a new supply cost, and a Spell here or there will help.

DeletedUser1036

Well if your a negotiator in tournaments I can see how the MA helps you keep up with the pace of goods needed if used properly.

DeletedUser627

Well if your a negotiator in tournaments I can see how the MA helps you keep up with the pace of goods needed if used properly.

@Katwijk Wanna do the math on this formally? The Spell costs 4 Relics, and as example, produces about 4000 additional Silk goods on my L19 manufactory. At lowest Tournament levels, I get two Relics from an entire Province - and the catered cost is about 4000 for a province...So, 4 Relics cost at least 8000 goods.

If I'm close, then it's costing me twice as much to earn a Relics as I get from application of the Relic. And that's in my #1 lowest costing level.

I suppose if you can fight at virtually no cost it would be worthwhile.

DeletedUser61

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/battle-troop-training-costs.2435/#post-14681 takes a shot at the cost of troops, and the cost of recycling relics is definately on my honey do list. For our immediate purposes, I've been focusing on the cater/fight decision point.

I don't have enough data to verify the behavior for Tournaments, but in regular sectors:
  • The number of squads drives a linear relationship within each sector. More Squads = More Troops with a single squad having half as many total troops as eight squads. You have to factor in weighted units and the complexities of multiple attacks per turn.
  • The amount of goods also drives a linear relationship within each sector. The value range varies by a factor of four.
  • There's no correlation between the fewest troops and the cheapest goods. Consequently your cater/fight decision can range from 1 to 5 if you're lucky and get low goods against high troop, or low troops against high goods.
  • You're going to pay through the nose if you do it the SAME way all of the time. It's foolish to always cater or always fight.
  • It's also very expensive to decide, ahead of time, what you're going to accomplish that day, because you'll end up spending diamonds if you have a run of bad luck, and start reviving troops and/or (I think) providing missing goods.
CreditCard-Trap480.png

DeletedUser

Wow... what great ideas. I truly like ALL of them and give them my vote. I highly doubt we will get all of them though. My favorites are the once concerning battle/troop benefits, reduced scout time and cost, extra population and of course the Storage or rent-a-space spell option. Great brainstorming everyone.

DeletedUser1122

You probably already know this, but along the lines of your question I thought I'd chip in:
You know I did at one time but forgot. Its a use it or lose it thing:). I have held off usings spells until I need them. Sometime I might unlock those chests at the end of the chapters on the research tree to see what is in there.
Thanks for the post

DeletedUser43

Is she an elf? I think you are right. Well, she represents me!