• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Academy and Spell feedback

DeletedUser1161

The best thing about the magic academy non declinable quest is that at least it has a lovely lady fairy on the quest picture. If I am going to stare at that one for the rest of the game, at least it isn't an ugly dwarf!
The new spell is making me glad I built it. It makes it so you accumulate KP for 20 hours rather than 10. I can't play at all at work and on the two days I go out after work I can lose as many as 5 KP. I'm still in the seemingly endless dwarf research so a building that captures easily 10 KP a week for unboosted relics is a win in my book. :)

DeletedUser1987

And see, this made the Spell Academy useful for you, but my schedule allows me to check the game once every ten hours. For me, it's still not worth building, unless I happen to go on vacation at some point in the future and can't bring my laptop. However, at this point in time, that's not likely.

DeletedUser1122

For me, it's still not worth building,
It isn't for anyone at the cost of space and relics, but alas if I didn't think to hard and built it 4 months later its still useless. Someday, on a planet far away, sooner or later....

DeletedUser43

well....we just got points for ancient wonders! So maybe we will get points for the academy? Cross your fingers.

DeletedUser43

"In the next couple of weeks"

Typically when they announce something in the videos it comes that month.

The world map got a sort of a little fix in beta, where you get some coins (for me it is half) if there is a totally blank spot around your city. All you do is scroll over it to collect. I think it should be the same amount of coins as you are missing. The issue doesn't affect everyone so you know, most people don't say a word to help anyone else unless it helps them personally, so no one is saying much about the coins being so low. At least it is a start.

But we sure need to do something about all the dead cities that have been built and abandoned. I played in 30 tournament provinces this week and the best any of us did was get to checkpoint 3. No where close to checkpoint 6. And I made it to the 6th level.

DeletedUser627

The world map got a sort of a little fix in beta, where you get some coins (for me it is half) if there is a totally blank spot around your city.

Isn't this tale an allegory of our Elvenar experience?

First, the problem with empty cities is 100% the fault of developers. Not one itsy bitsy teensy weensy bit our fault nor our responsibility.

Does the "solution" - so long in coming - take that into account? Certainly not.

They had good options: They could have given affected players a 100% correction without penalty. They could have even thrown in a small bonus to recompense for the months of frustration.

Instead they offer players a 1/2 correction without possibility of full correction. Then they excuse their decision to continue disadvantaging these players by, essentially, blaming the players "oh, it would be too easy for you to get the full amount if you didn't have to fully visit the city". Really???

In the scope of things, how much would it hurt the game if an empty city grid were an accidental advantage rather than a disadvantage??? Just give the player a full visit credit without having to make the full visit. For once - give the benefit of your errors to the players who persevere and play through anyway.

Correct your stupid errors, and we'll all be patient and play like good little boys and girls.

DeletedUser61

give the player a full visit credit without having to make the full visit.
Clicking on Goldmines only requires 10% as much time as actually visiting a city, so the rewards are already substantial.

You're going to have a really hard time convincing me that you'd actually visit 300+ cities ever 23 hours, whereas clicking on the Coins is actually a pretty handy way to keep track of how far you've progressed, if you can't service all of your neighbors all in one go.

Likewise with the helping hands in the Fellowship Roster, and returning to the MEMBER tab when you click on the shield. If you don't like THAT, then you're just in a bad mood.

DeletedUser627

I visit my entire neighborhood every day. A lot of us do.

Your assessment of the Goldmine is correct - if you ignore the original premise: the player is losing the coins already only because of Developer error. But I can see why you think that way, since those visits aren't part of your economy.

DeletedUser1016

In the scope of things, how much would it hurt the game if an empty city grid were an accidental advantage rather than a disadvantage???

I agree - what's the harm?

You're going to have a really hard time convincing me that you'd actually visit 300+ cities ever 23 hours,

....it sounds like you don't visit your neighbors, I'm not sure if I'm understanding your statement..., but YES...., I do visit all my neighbors everyday. I don't have 300 yet, I only have 200+, but if I did have 300 I still would visit them every 23 hours. I just assumed it was part of the game, and this is a task that one does if interested in taking advantage of all the game offers? I'm not sure I understand your position on this ....is visiting our neighbors not a good thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1987

My almost complete lack of neighbors, and quantity of neighbors whose main hall is in a constant state of being upgraded, means that I don't have that many neighbors to interact with, even though I have unlocked 100 provinces around my city (unsure how many neighbors that means). My problems don't come from having empty tiles near me, my problems come from having filled but useless for interacting with tiles next to me.

And this still does nothing to make the Magic Academy useful to me. I have two alternate cities, a human one and an elven one, where I built Magic Academies. I now have no room to upgrade my workshops and residences, and am not going to have room for a while because of how the research tree is laid out. If they'd even include just one more city expansion with the Magic Academy I'd be tempted to build it in my main city, but as is, the cities I built it in to test it are struggling.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

So this issue has just been forgotten? Nothing has happened to make this building useful to me. And I will be stuck with the non declinable quest forever.

I don't get why the devs want to control us badly. Why? What is so horrible about options?

DeletedUser1987

I just thought of yet another idea.

Why not make the Magic Academy unlock a free premium expansion slot, like upgrading the main hall does? I would be happy to build the Magic Academy, buy the diamonds for a premium expansion, drop it on the premium expansion, and forget about it, but I'm not willing to waste one of the expansions I get from upgrading the main hall on it. I've been reserving those expansions for culture buildings and I need them for culture buildings.

DeletedUser933

So I have had the MA for awhile now and before I got it I was not wanting it, didn't feel like it would be of help to me for the size it was butt then I used a few spells I got from the tech tree and I loved them! So I went ahead and place the building(had to for quest anyways) thinking I would use it a lot (which I did at first making lots of spells) but now I have a stock pile of spells that honestly I am not using. I wish I had not had to build it, I want the space back. That said I am happy with the spells and glad to have the stock pile of 14 each. And I am sure if I ran out of spells I would be glad I have the ablity to make more so after all this back-n-forth I have had in the end I am ok(not happy or unhappy) with the MA! FYI I don't like it just sitting there with the Zzz just waiting while everything else in my city is working away so maybe change the Zzz to a different icon so it don't look so much like a waste just being unused, I mean we cant keep it going all the time like our goods or supplys bc it takes relics, so there is going to be a lot of downtime for it with the Zzz which looks bad so either take away the Zzz or give it another job to do while in between making spells. Doesn't have to be a big thing but anything like extra goods maybe 400 a day or something, anything! lol Anyways just my line of thought on the MA=)
14 stockpile of Power of Provision isn't a lot Catti. I went through 40 in two days working on Breeding Grounds. I just wish the time to produce them wasn't so great.

DeletedUser1987

^ This. Very much this. The amount of spells that can be produced for each relic, and for each block of time, is far too low and high respectively to be worth it. I mean, it seems like the players in the Orc chapter are almost required to use spells constantly to progress, as tons of supplies are required. But the rate of production for spells is so low that it's impossible to keep all workshops boosted constantly, which is what would be required.

Maybe the way the spells work should be changed? Maybe they should be permanent buffs to the buildings they are applied to. They would have to be refreshed every time a building is upgraded, or when a culture building is replaced, but they would be permanent until that happened. That would provide an actually reasonable effect, and still give players reason to keep their magic academy around (because you need to keep making spells as you upgrade buildings), and it would actually be worth using up your hard to earn relics on.

DeletedUser

I will not spend money to buy an expansion to set a building that does me absolutely no good. I do not use spells. I do not want a Magic Academy. I am in orc chapter, and I still don't want one. The devs said that they would work to make the magic academy more useful. So they gave us a token spell (inspired meditation) that only works if you're gone for less than 2 days. And nothing else changed. The MA has not been made more powerful or useful. As time has gone on, we have not seen new spells added.

I kind of like Caana's idea.

DeletedUser43

The worst part about this building is that all advanced players KNOW that it is a terrible decision to build this thing. We all KNOW the spaces are much more valuable being used for other purposes. The devs promised time and again to make this thing better. Instead of doing that, all they have done is punish us like non compliant serfs for not building it. So, here is the lesson we have all learned:

1. We waste our breath giving feedback (which is terribly discouraging)
2. In order to shut us up we will be lied to while they pretend they will do something.
3. If we don't behave the way the devs demand we will be harmed and punished.

I think this thread had done the playing community more harm than good.

Look devs...if you are going to make changes to the game and you don't care what we say, then don't send out silly emails asking for feedback and don't have these "important" threads, and don't send out questionnaires. Just impose the thing and be done with it.