• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Masquerade Event - Info Sheet and Player Feedback

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Actually, since culture at the end of orcs is such a dog anyway, there would be little imbalance to having it it start producing mana early. You don't have anywhere to store it, so it wouldn't accumulate, but at least the building wouldn't be a total dog when you finished orcs.

DeletedUser6372

Absolutely zero interest. My entire Fellowship is basically boycotting this entire questline due to the absolutely ridiculous requirement of making non-boosted manufactories and lousy rewards.

The only use these buildings have is if you are already in Wood Elves, otherwise they are meh culture and meh supplies. Which wouldn't be... horrible... except it requires aforementioned non-boosted production.

So... finally, the Devs listen to us complain about no mana on culture buildings for the last year or so (but hey, it's still better turnaround than Microsoft has), then decide to do a complete 180 and demand that you do non-boosted goods production.

As it stands, complete and utter waste of time. No one in my fellowship has any interest in bothering with this asinine event.

The Unbeliever

Honestly, I don't really mind feeling 'forced' to put in a non-boosted manufactory, as long as the devs keep things sane, and make future quests/events doable with just 1-2/max non-boosted buildings...

Personally for example, I'll be over-joyed if things eventually turn out that I should build 1 steel + 1 crystal building. Both are among my favourite looking human buildings, but as I don't have either for a boost, I'm SOL, because there's no point for me to ever build & level even just 1 of them.
On the other hand, if things turn out that we're basically forced to keep 4-5+ of each non-boosted building in our cities, then that idea can go and burn in a car fire where it belongs!:p

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
There will NEVER be an event that pleases everybody.

The reno kit is a great idea. The only other thing I can come up with is to base some event buildings on MH level just like wonders are now. This way a prize could grow with you, and you could keep it. Obviously not all prizes should have this as your city would fill up pretty quickly, but maybe a couple prizes per year could have a more "permanent" status.

The rare good idea

DeletedUser6372

I wish to submit a bug report.

The questline does not have a 'Decline' button. Please fix. As it stands, I am unable to avoid completing a quest or two, as I cannot help but spend KP, and I do not wish to give the impression that I, in any way, support this event.

DeletedUser9080

Do the Traveling Merchants-I, count toward the production aspects of the quests?
(Produce X-# of Level-1 goods, times X-# of hours)
:cool:

Thistleknot

What if you win one but do not install it in your city until you reach the mana stage of the game?

The building is dependent on when you win, not when you place it. If you win a building in Age 2, but don't place it until Age 10, it will only give you the bonus of the Age 2 level since that is when it was won.

As it stands, complete and utter waste of time. No one in my fellowship has any interest in bothering with this asinine event.

Too bad you're not interested in this event. So far it's been very simple. I have already completed 8 of the 13 quests without preparing for this event. I will probably complete at least one more before the night is through. I can understand not caring for the event prize, but worrying that the developers might think that you are doing the event when you're not is a bit silly. If you never collect a reward, I think it will be readily apparent that you were not interested in the event.

The Unbeliever

I am over joyed that the Beta players managed to get the changes forced through before this went live.
As mentioned already, this event is simple, fun, and isn't going to grind my entire city to complete standstill just to attempt to complete it.

The rewards may be crap for anyone in Ch1-Ch8, but hopefully we'll one day get access to a Reno Kit?
Otherwise they'll just sit pretty in my inventory like 99% of my other event buildings. ;)

DeletedUser1586

So far the event is not bad, I only wish that the rewards included buildings with population. I just got into Sorcerers and Dragons and I still cannot upgrade my residences. I really need expansions or buildings that give culture and people. I do not buy diamonds but about $10 every 6-10 weeks (on Social Security and even with a pension doesn't allow for spending a lot for a game) so buying expansions or diamond buildings is not an option. I have also won enough provinces that it is hard to get the expansions that way any more. Maybe give an expansion for a prize sometimes??

DeletedUser6372

Too bad you're not interested in this event. So far it's been very simple. I have already completed 8 of the 13 quests without preparing for this event. I will probably complete at least one more before the night is through. I can understand not caring for the event prize, but worrying that the developers might think that you are doing the event when you're not is a bit silly. If you never collect a reward, I think it will be readily apparent that you were not interested in the event.
Apparently you aren't aware of how developers typically track metrics. They don't count how many people finished, they count how many people participated, which generally involves how many people complete at least one quest, which is something they record and can refer to.

And for that exact same reason, I'd really like an opt-out button so the devs can look at THOSE metrics as well. I wonder what percentage of the population would rather Opt Out than even BOTHER with the event. If it is high enough, it might be the flaming neon sign the devs need. So yes, while I was using tongue-in-cheek sarcasm to make my point, there IS a very valid reason for my request.

It's not that the building sucks. It's actually not bad if you are in Wood Elves or later, simply as a means of mana generation. It's that it is requiring people to make non-boosted manufactories which is rage-quit-worthy.

I highly encourage the developers to continue making culture buildings which produce mana at appropriate levels as event rewards. I highly discourage requiring definitively BAD city building decisions to get it, and setting a precedence for MANDATING creating throw-away buildings to complete events.

The problem is that by the time you can use the reward, you can't afford the space and population to completely useless buildings to complete the event, effectively requiring you to create said non-boosted manufactories in order to complete it, since NO ONE who makes it all the way to Wood Elves is sill enough to keep non-boosted goods production around. It sets a dangerous precedent that you have to either reserve a portion of your city space for events or you have to simply accept that you will not be able to complete said events, which is only going to drive down user interest further.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@ShneekeyTheLost
You're going to love this:
1 of ea marble.png