• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Menhirok's Duty

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If I placed this thing in any one of my villages, the sun will stop shining and I'll have to put down more culture,
Gaining population would not stop your sun from shining-- The building GIVES you culture, doesn't take it away. It is best to compare it to a residence. Does it give you more population per square than your houses do?

FemmeDraven

Gaining population would not stop your sun from shining-- The building GIVES you culture, doesn't take it away. It is best to compare it to a residence. Does it give you more population per square than your houses do?
Yes, but the culture to population ratio needs to be the opposite from what this building gives. I've spent $ on Culture that adds population, but only if it provides MORE culture than population. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about ;)

DeletedUser3297

I've added pop/culture buildings to my city in the past and I did notice that the culture bonus dropped. So total population does play a part in the calculation for culture bonus.

SoggyShorts

I've added pop/culture buildings to my city in the past and I did notice that the culture bonus dropped. So total population does play a part in the calculation for culture bonus.
Only working population effects your culture bonus.

Working pop+Required culture = goal for excess
20% of goal = 125% boost
40% of goal = 150% boost
60% of goal = 160% boost
80% of goal = 170% boost.

DeletedUser2862

My working population is 48500,,, my total Culture is 120000,,,,,, i aim for a 3-1 ratio too acheive max 170 bonus

SoggyShorts

My working population is 48500,,, my total Culture is 120000,,,,,, i aim for a 3-1 ratio too acheive max 170 bonus
When you mouse over your culture at the top of the screen, what does it say? (the harp, not the sun)

total culture ______________
required ________________
available ____________________

DeletedUser3297

When you mouse over your culture at the top of the screen, what does it say? (the harp, not the sun)

total culture ______________
required ________________
available ____________________

I also like to go for max culture bonus :D

CKgLGyO.png

Without spells, it's always 170%

SoggyShorts

I also like to go for max culture bonus :D

CKgLGyO.png

Without spells, it's always 170%

Awesome! I hope your FS know to only buff your sparkle buildings, since you have enough culture for 170% even with zero NH.
In fact, you have about 40,000 culture more than you need for max boost without any visits.:eek:

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

She has it made...:D
screenshot_17.png

I have too many factories to be able to do that...
Sogggy your suggestion is working well, I modified it so that I have 4 Marlow the Patron Saint and 3 Well of Spirits polished only, then MH. Works well, pun intended...:D
Leaving 17 MH polishes.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

ibx769.jpg

Winyandor: 2,000 wasted culture, but need a couple upgrades, so not too bad.
neywcn.jpg

Khelonaar: over 7,000 wasted culture, but quite a few upgrades to go.

The goal is (or should be) to maintain 170% culture, but not to go over.

Ideally I'd have a few thousand less culture on each, and reach that 170% mark by having 2-4 buildings with EE spell buffed, but the only way for me to reduce my culture would be to lose mana production or population.

DeletedUser3507

I know I try to maintain at least 200% boost, on a monthly basis. I use a lvl 5 builder and magic academy lvl 5. to do just that, this way I do a slow burn, many on my team will use 10-20 helping hands to refill, my way maintains a full tank. I only use 3 out of 10 magic workshops leaving the rest of them full after a 9hr production, I use a power of provision spell on 1 per 3 hr factory production and collect 87+ k to max out supplies.

Your suggestion help maintain gold much better.

SoggyShorts

I know I try to maintain at least 200% boost
Sorry if I was unclear, I meant the goal should be to have exactly enough culture for 170% not counting spells.

It sounds like you're doing it perfectly based on this quote:
Sogggy your suggestion is working well, I modified it so that I have 4 Marlow the Patron Saint and 3 Well of Spirits polished only, then MH. Works well, pun intended...:D
Leaving 17 MH polishes.
Awesome!

What I don't love about my build is that If I use an EE spell I do get 5%, but all of the culture I gain from the buff does nothing for me.

Maybe when I switch to libraries and my culture drops around 15%+upgrades I'll find that sweet spot where I can sparkle 6 buildings to get me exactly 170% +30%

Last edited:

DeletedUser7864

What really upsets me about this challenge is I am on 15 doing 16 and have worked my tail off to get that far. I will not be getting the reward because of the shortage of hours and the fact I can not buy diamonds because of the lack of funds. In my opinion just another way for us to be ripped off by the game.

vermp

Spoiler alert....

I'm sort of a newbie, on Level 2, but I'm at the end of the quest line, Menhirok's Duty.
I just completed the last task "research a new technology" in which I researched "Golden Guards". When I finished researching it, I did not get a notification that the task was completed, like I got for the other tasks.
Why not? Is "Golden Guards" NOT considered a technology? and if so, what is a technology? OR do I need to unlock it too?
Thanks for any enlightenment.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

What really upsets me about this challenge is I am on 15 doing 16 and have worked my tail off to get that far. I will not be getting the reward because of the shortage of hours and the fact I can not buy diamonds because of the lack of funds. In my opinion just another way for us to be ripped off by the game.
With close to 4 days left you should be able to do it.
Which part will hold you back?

vermp

Spoiler alert....

I'm sort of a newbie, on Level 2, but I'm at the end of the quest line, Menhirok's Duty.
I just completed the last task "research a new technology" in which I researched "Golden Guards". When I finished researching it, I did not get a notification that the task was completed, like I got for the other tasks.
Why not? Is "Golden Guards" NOT considered a technology? and if so, what is a technology? OR do I need to unlock it too?

Feedback for Menhirok's Duty

Dear Humans and Elves,

As you are aware, we are releasing our new quest line, Menhirok's Duty on May 8th. We would love to hear your feedback in this thread.

You can view the full announcement here.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser3297

if so, what is a technology? OR do I need to unlock it too?

You need to unlock it, simply researching it is not enough. So the quest is a bit misleading. Also, each research item in the tech tree is considered a technology.

Awesome! I hope your FS know to only buff your sparkle buildings, since you have enough culture for 170% even with zero NH.
In fact, you have about 40,000 culture more than you need for max boost without any visits.:eek:

I try to keep my Willows and other top culture spelled. But sometimes people just like to hit other cultural buildings, but that's okay :)

DeletedUser2862

Sorry Soggy,,, My required culture is 44000 and available is 78000

SoggyShorts

Sorry Soggy,,, My required culture is 44000 and available is 78000
Ok so with a working pop of 49k and req. culture of 44K that gives you a culture target of 93K.
18.6K available =125%
37.2K available =150%
55.8K available =160%
74.4K available =170%

So if your available culture is 78,000 you should be at 170% all of the time:)