• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Missing Ranking Points, Update 1.22...

DeletedUser5176

I am the AM for a group on Elcysadir and religiously track our points weekly. When I seen that so many players had a negative growth this week, include myself (I generally grow by about 3-6k/wk), I knew something was off! Even as I looked on the forums, finding why our ranking points had dropped was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Frustratingly, we were penalized by this error and lost thousands of ranking points across all members, not to mention overall drop in FS rank thanks to the point drop! I'm sure many other FS had the same experience, but to not even mention it as if it were not going to be an issue feels a bit sneaky and not very forthwith; like it would be overlooked or something!

So when is INNO going to actually announce that they took ranking points back from players due to a coding error with some sort of apology for the error???

Here are the various links where I was able to find at least SOME info:

Update 1.22
Bug Confirmed: [12747] Placing contest culture building gives ranking points

Ranking points lost overnight
Lost points

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I find it funny that only a few of us came to the forums when we suddenly got a bunch of ranking points that we shouldn't have, and now far far more players have come to complain about the correction.

For players that actually care about rank, how did they not notice a sudden jump of 5-10K score that they shouldn't have gotten? If they did notice, did they come to the forums and make sure the developers knew about the bug?

edeba

Which building(s) were programed wrong? I didn't notice anything and I had quite a few buildings from the event. I may have lost points but had enough growth I just didn't notice...

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I find it funny that only a few of us came to the forums when we suddenly got a bunch of ranking points that we shouldn't have, and now far far more players have come to complain about the correction.

To add to that could you imagine the outcry of those who didn't get the bug if those who had got to keep their points as many argue. I suspect even those who don't care about points would have screamed loud and strong about the unfairness of that. There was really only one option, which was to fix the bug so everyone has the same method of calculation.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Which building(s) were programed wrong? I didn't notice anything and I had quite a few buildings from the event. I may have lost points but had enough growth I just didn't notice...
It's hard to tell, because apparently it may only have affected them if you left them in your bag of holding until after the 1.21 update was applied then put them down. Two people with the same building may have experienced different results. That said, i believe it was buildings that had population and culture, like Winter Star and Glacier Garden.

There was really only one option, which was to fix the bug so everyone has the same method of calculation.
And it really could only come out, because most people wouldn't have had the buildings necessary to just add it for everyone.

DeletedUser1901

I do wish that Inno had announced it to make it easier to understand and explain what had happened but I am glad that they fixed it.

Not everyone received the point increase so it would not have been fair to those that didn't. I also track in my fellowship and when our weekly stats were due to come out I explained to our group what had happened and I haven't gotten any negative feedback because I explained it... what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong... how can we justify point gains that some got while others didn't???

Also, I didn't post our scores as I normally do because they looked so crazy and it was hard to tell how much someone grew vs point correction, I also explained this and let them know that they could ask me for them if they really wanted them but I would be posting a full stat the following week. It seems that they were happy with this and again, no one has asked...

Side note - as a points chaser myself, I would have been pretty upset had I found out that some had buggy points and others didn't... :cool:

DeletedUser5176

Thanks for all your comments & I hear you. You all make valid points about the ones who may not have gotten the points. Honestly, I had a death in the family & had unexpected travel, so I missed the last week of the Snow Event. Once I was able to play again, the event was over I just went back to playing as usual. With the event awards, I never noticed a rank increase, but I did have an overall increase of more than 6k that week. I just attributed it to my focused growth and trying to catch up after losing time. At any rate, in my search for answers, I never thought that maybe others weren't given the additional points, hence the initial outrage.

I would likely have not even pursued the information had I not had so many members with a marked negative point growth for last week! Before sharing our weekly stats, I looked for as much info as I could to explain the rank changes, which really wasn't entirely clear what happened. No one complained, but most didn't recognize the growth jump, as there was a lot of real growth from building upgrades and whatnot. Others thought their point reductions had more to do with reducing buildings that were left over from the snow event and only finally just removed them. This is when I noticed a large drop in my own score; more than 5k, as I didn't add my event buildings until after the event ended and even then, only ones that added population which I needed to continue my growth.

At any rate, I stand by my initial complaint and strongly believe it would have been far more helpful for INNO to be forthwith about the error. While no one wants to miss gaining points, if you have points that you thought you gained through honest growth, it's a difficult pill to swallow as well when they're taken away with no explanation.

DeletedUser2231

I was personally happy to suddenly see that so many people who had passed me were now behind me. *shrug* :)

DeletedUser3949

I was one of those people who received 1000s of points for my Flurry buildings. I was surprised when I saw it happening, but I didn't run to the forum to inform everyone, mainly because I didn't know if it was a bug or a change. We talked about it in our Fellowship and moved on.

When the day came that the points were removed, I wasn't surprised, nor did I complain, it was a bug. I get it.

The problem I have is the developers lack of announcing that there was a bug and that points were going to be removed. Don't point me to discussions on this forum. I expect the Developers to do their jobs and inform the players. It should have been done in game. They sure don't have a problem creating an announcement looking for moderators. Keeping players informed is part of having a successful game.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It should have been done in game. They sure don't have a problem creating an announcement looking for moderators. Keeping players informed is part of having a successful game.

They got a lot of complaints about the moderator announcement. They have generally said they can't do in-game announcements of this nature, yet. The ones that do exist draw a large amount of complaining. Pretty sure I did read they are working on things in this space which while not immediately (when the change comes) may see a future option for something like this to occur, we can only hope.

DeletedUser1996

The problem I have is the developers lack of announcing that there was a bug and that points were going to be removed. Don't point me to discussions on this forum. I expect the Developers to do their jobs and inform the players. It should have been done in game. They sure don't have a problem creating an announcement looking for moderators. Keeping players informed is part of having a successful game.
Nicely put -thx for sharing and i dont have a comment--just wanted you to know. :) cheers

Last edited by a moderator: