• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Fellowship Adventures!

DeletedUser3468

We've voted and decided to go for it in Sinya's Proudly No Diamonds. We really need to do something as a group that we can get excited about. It isn't about the prizes, which are still sub par, but about working together. With the changes made in this one since the last horrible one (which, despite many feeling we did a terrible job on, we still managed to finish in 97th place) , it has now become something that I'm sure The Little Fellowship That Can (our nickname for PND) can do. We may not make it all the way through all 3 maps/stages (though if I'm reading the part about reducing the number of relics correctly, it's certainly become more possible!) but we should be easily able to reach our goal of completing one path on Map One. I'm actually getting excited about it! It helps that I just finished the last research for Dwarves and am working on Advanced Scouts so I will have a lot of buildings that I can take out and replace with T1 factories and workshops! My main limit will be population, which I'm lower on than I'd like. I may end up taking a temporary hit to ranking by selling off some stuff to get population back.

The Unbeliever

Fellowship Adventures would become pure awesomesauce if INNO would just follow the same basic template as the Guild Expeditions from FoE...
Yeah, yeah, "this isn't FoE - hurp-dur!", but honestly, overall both my guilds literally can't wait for each week's new Expedition to begin, because they're so much fun, we win stuff - including diamonds, and it helps us grow & improve out cities every week.

Fellowship Adventures on the other hand have turned into this horrible monster that puts a near halt to all progress & turns a fun game into a massive, fun-sucking chore. :(

bkbajb

I am not a frequent poster to this forum, though I have found the content useful on many occasions and more often than not, my question already answered. I have been playing this game since last summer, have enjoyed it, and have had absolutely no qualms about purchasing diamonds (some $300 worth) in the spirit of supporting this fine ad-free game and it's continued development. I don't recall ever voicing a negative opinion here, or in the game itself. Until now.

I do not like the direction this Fellowship Adventure is headed. A Fellowship Adventure should be about coordinated building to achieve goals. We build together, we work together, we even get to know each other a little bit. These are all great things!

This particular FA, unfortunately, has a very challenging set of goals, so difficult that perhaps 75% of the Fellowships can not complete the challenge. It is mathematically impossible for them. I am in three fellowships, two of which are in the top 50 for their respective realms/servers. We are in active discussion about whether it is appropriate to participate in an FA that, by design, excludes so many players and fellowships from even getting to the first flag.

And then, there is the relic requirement. Relics are hard-earned by individuals over time. To basically throw them away in the name of meeting an FA goal is simply counter to everything an FA should be. We should build together, work together, win together. Not feel pressured to discard relics we earned individually long before the FA begins.

Finally, the reward. The true reward of an FA is fellowship. Achieving goals together as a team. But, there must, of course, be a prize. The prize should be meaningful. It should be something you can proudly display in your city, something that has value above and beyond a normal building. It is my understanding, albeit by third-hand, that the prize for this FA is a culture building yielding less than 500 culture points. Now, I could make an argument to a player that this much harder FA has a much better reward, but that's not true. There were far better buildings practically given out randomly during the winter event.

Even if this FA were easy enough for more fellowships to participate in, even if there were a more appropriate prize, to begin a new adventure while in-game chat is dicey at best.... as I write this, in-game chat began to work again after at least 8 hours down in at least 3 realms. I must urge the developers to make what we have now work consistently and reliably before beginning the most challenging FA in Elvenar history.

Elvenar should be fun, it should be challenging, challenging by design, not by technical failures. It should not be so challenging that the vast majority of players have no hope of even a partial win. All of my fellowships are seeking player opinion on this Fellowship Adventure and I am presenting to them what I have presented here. I cannot recommend participation in this FA.

Great post and could not agree more.

MirandaZink

That changes the minimum from 2,350 down to 960

I just wanted to say thanks a lot @SoggyShorts for trying so hard to come back with things to think about and be positive. That's not an easy task and you're awesome attitude on the forum all the time is really amazing. I am hopeful that once Inno sees the participation going down in these events that they will take action. Right now non-participation and putting diamond purchases on hold is the only recourse we have as players so Inno listens. FS Adventures has the potential . . . it's just not there yet. Maybe opening up a round table discussion with a select # of active gamers at at various levels would help. Listening to end users most of the time can solve many problems and promotes a lot of good will between the "company" and the "customers".

Lastly we're not stupid. Inno has to make money - they're not a non-profit. And I believe if they listen their own customers will help them drive more diamond sales for things their customer's perceive as meaningful and valuable. So I'm hopeful too . . .

Laochra

I am currently in 6 realms now { @SoggyShorts -yes you dared me & I added a human city}.
Of the FS that I am responsible for:
The Brothers' Grimm of Ceravyn placed 10th in the last FA, despite the demands preventing us from completing Stage 3.
The Knights of Dalmasca of Khelonaar placed 38th-also did not complete Stage 3.
The Mid-Knight Clandestines of Felyndral placed 43rd (with only about 1/2 participation) & did not complete Stage 3.
The Archadian Resistance of Arendyll was just formed in November & being 1/2 full we placed 188th out of 705.
It has been decided that none of these FS (including my Elcysandir FS & my new FS in Winyandor) will participate in FA IV. Even those members that are in Orcs or beyond agree that it is too much strain for very little reward.
This will be the first time that any of my FS have opted out of a FA & I am hoping the developers listen to the suggestions & concerns and make the needed improvements so that this may be the only FA we opt out of. :)

DeletedUser9080

My Fellowship in Ceravyn (The Guardians of the Galaxy) has decided not to participate in the next FA.
(even though we have finished all of the previous ones)
We're #12 in the rankings and managed to complete the last FA with time to spare with its changes, but looking at the rewards and the new costs of Relics that has been added, has pretty much turned the entire Team against trying again this time around.
(also, only 2 of us have reached the O&G Chapter, so the Orc requirement is waaay out of range at this time)

The FA's are beginning to seem like a second job and have lost their "FUN" factor as far as I'm concerned.
Also, I'm not willing to give up any of my hard earned Relics for the paltry rewards being offered.

<shrug>

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I just wanted to say thanks a lot @SoggyShorts for trying so hard to come back with things to think about and be positive. That's not an easy task and your awesome attitude on the forum all the time is really amazing.
Thanks, I do try for balance. (and if you think I have a good attitude "all" the time, you haven't read every post lol:D)

I find it only fair that if we are going to complain and ask for changes, that we at least acknowledge when inno does listen and implements changes.
There were lots of complaints about the FA asking for too many relics, which I can understand. But you will not find anywhere near as many posts about inno listening and then reducing the number by almost 60%.
The new relics demand works out to under 40 relics per player, which still might sound high to some, but if we assume that the FA will happen no more than once every 2 months, that's 5 relics per week, which is pretty reasonable imo.

DeletedUser9080

Thanks, I do try for balance. (and if you think I have a good attitude "all" the time, you haven't read every post lol:D)

I find it only fair that if we are going to complain and ask for changes, that we at least acknowledge when inno does listen and implements changes.
There were lots of complaints about the FA asking for too many relics, which I can understand. But you will not find anywhere near as many posts about inno listening and then reducing the number by almost 60%.
The new relics demand works out to under 40 relics per player, which still might sound high to some, but if we assume that the FA will happen no more than once every 2 months, that's 5 relics per week, which is pretty reasonable imo.

IMO, 'Reasonable' would be NOT adding a Relic requirement to the FA's to begin with.

But, such is life...
They've pretty much killed off any interest I had in doing that part of the game.
(and apparently several of my Team mates feel the same way)

The FA's have become just another way for the top 5 Teams to retain their standings, with no possibility for any lower ranked Fellowship to compete.
<shrug>.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
IMO, 'Reasonable' would be NOT adding a Relic requirement to the FA's to begin with.

But, such is life...
They've pretty much killed off any interest I had in doing that part of the game.
(and apparently several of my Team mates feel the same way)
<shrug>.
I think there needs to be something difficult/expensive in order to make getting the reward feel like an accomplishment.
  • They tried loads of small badges like beverages, and we complained that it was too tedious.
  • They replaced many of those with easy long badges like statues and blacksmiths, and we complained that they took too long and there were too many.
  • They reduced the number of badges, and replaced some of those with relics and "gain coins/troops" and now we complain about relics.
I honestly can't think of a challenge that they would implement that wouldn't be complained about.
Perhaps you have a suggestion?

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

You have a much more positive attitude than 99.9% of the people who visit here, me included.:rolleyes:

The only positive I find in FA adventure is team building, the endless cycling of quest just #@! me off.
And the rewards have been so worthless "so far" that I would have to see it to belive that its worthwhile even attempting it.

DeletedUser9759

If the prizes were better, then there would be complaints from the players who (for one reason or another) weren't participating that it was unfair that they didn't get the prize. As it is, those FS who enjoy the challenge can participate, and those who don't want to don't feel they are missing an advantage.

DeletedUser3507

If the prizes were better, then there would be complaints from the players who (for one reason or another) weren't participating that it was unfair that they didn't get the prize. As it is, those FS who enjoy the challenge can participate, and those who don't want to don't feel they are missing an advantage.

Maybe, but the rewards should be equal to the difficulty of the FA challenge or it will be another failure.
Elvenar has a bad record on this 0 out of 4 successes

DeletedUser1108

I think there needs to be something difficult/expensive in order to make getting the reward feel like an accomplishment.
  • They tried loads of small badges like beverages, and we complained that it was too tedious.
  • They replaced many of those with easy long badges like statues and blacksmiths, and we complained that they took too long and there were too many.
  • They reduced the number of badges, and replaced some of those with relics and "gain coins/troops" and now we complain about relics.
I honestly can't think of a challenge that they would implement that wouldn't be complained about.
Perhaps you have a suggestion?
How about the actual promised "battle road" where training troops and winning fights would be badge requirements? Choose your best fighters and say "you guys go get em" Bring it on Inno! ps no catering! Gotta fight!

DeletedUser3507

As long as it's not based on Squad size ok, if it is forget that.

Screenshot_9.png

DeletedUser1108

Gotta be based on squad size or it is either too easy or too hard. Being 'bigger', either thru having started earlier, spending more cash, or using pushing accounts should NOT give you the eternal right to superiority in EVERYTHING! There must be areas where the playing field is leveled or the newer players quit and the game dies.