• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

Well, no, because no one had them before us. If there were a textbook definition of comparing apples and oranges it might include comparing the feelings of someone who doesn't have something that other people do that they might not be able to get for a year or never to the feelings of someone who doesn't have something that nobody has because it doesn't exist yet so they don't even know about it.
No, that would be a textbook definition of envy. Literally.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So we don't want to hurt the itty-bitty feelings of some strawman?
What does that even mean? I don't think waiting a year is an issue, and didn't say it is. My notion of a small chance in the Spire should take them more than a year. All I ever did was complain about a terrible comparison between two things which are nothing alike.

The Unbeliever

So newbies will have to wait a year. Hand me my violin.
...and in the meantime, the vast majority of active Fellowships will ignore taking on anyone who doesn't have these powerful, (and some might say at this point, basically required to remotely compete), event buildings.
So how does a new player really grow if the only Fellowship/s they can get into have maybe half a dozen active players and a slew of dead cities?

I don't care about anyone's feelings being hurt by not having building A/B/C. Rather, I care about new players hitting an early wall and getting so frustrated that they simply quit playing!
Most players won't have the patience to wait upwards of an entire year, especially when it's not like there aren't a million similar games out there.

Again, if EVERYTHING is over powered, then NOTHING really is.
The cat's out of the bag. Just rip off the band-aid and let the OP'ness flow freely to all. :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
MinMax Gamer said:
OK, so with very limited data so far (some from here, some from EN tournament), here are some speculations re: changes:
- Impact of regular expansions went down, but not significantly so
- Cost of premium expansions vs regular ones went down, from 75% down to ~60%
- AW impact stayed the same
- Research impact indeed went up, from 1.0042 up to something like 1.0045 (doesn't sound like much, but remember, this is a base for an exponent)
So very funny. Well I guess they are narrowing down the number of chapters before having to reconcile a difficulty equation that is exponential, versus army production which is quadratic.

hvariidh gwendrot

Malus x domestica (the apple) and Citrus sinensis (the navel orange) are separated by about 89.2 million years of evolution, but they are both fruit trees.

hvariidh gwendrot

APPLES
ORANGES
GROWN ON FRUIT TREEYesYes
COLOR OF FRUITDepends on varietyOrange
FRUIT SKIN TEXTUREsmoothknobby
VISIBLE SEEDS IN FRUITYesDepends on variety
MEAN CIRCUMFERENCE OF FRUIT (cm)25.624.4
MEAN DIAMETER OF FRUIT (cm)7.97.6
MEAN WEIGHT OF FRUIT (g)340357
CAN BE EATENYesYes
SWEETNESS2+2+
FIBER IN A LARGE FRUIT (g)4.52.4
CAN BE JUICEDYesYes
CALORIES (per 8 oz. serving juice)117112
POTASSIUM (mg, per 8 oz. serving juice)295496
VITAMIN C (mg, per 8 oz. serving juice)103124
FOLATE (mcg, per 8 oz. serving juice)074

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
'Autumn Zodiac' seasonal questline event just started in Beta World - read more here:

117964521_10217469646913710_260908452086371288_n.jpg

Deleted User - 3932582

Quick summary of the new event:

- Grand prize is meh (like Panda, but for KPs)
- New daily buildings are mostly meh (not unexpected)
- Haven't looked at filler prizes, probably as meh as recently
- You can craft old bears in the MA (!)
- You can exchange new artifacts into old bear artifacts at 2:1 ratio (!)

DeletedUser26692

It may take a couple of cycles (years) for the event to return (or one like it) to fully get a brown bear fully upgraded, but I am very excited to get this chance. I am planning / playing for the long game! I understand the opinion that a lot of the more "seasoned" players have and agree that the new players (like myself) should not be able to do what they are able to do without putting in the time to do so. That being said we (the newer players) should have a chance to eventually get the same buildings or ones just as powerful. In closing I think that while it may take more then one of these events to get what the older players have....it is possible and should bring hope to the newer player base.

I hope they do the same thing with the fire Phoenix.

The Unbeliever

But can you craft a new base Brown Bear if you already have one in your city/inventory?

While the so-called "prizes" may yet again be a giant steaming pile of centar poop, if I can get my hands on 1-2 new copies of a base Brown Bear, I'll consider this event a success. ;)

Risen Malchiah

But can you craft a new base Brown Bear if you already have one in your city/inventory?

While the so-called "prizes" may yet again be a giant steaming pile of centar poop, if I can get my hands on 1-2 new copies of a base Brown Bear, I'll consider this event a success. ;)
Outside of the original events when it was possible to get more than one, we can only ever craft a pet if we don't already own one. Due to their rarity, pets (especially ones that are only 3x3) are a good investment of RR spells. But most of its power comes from the feeding ability, so I wouldn't care if it was from ch 1 or ch 15. If you already own a brown bear and it's only 3-4 chapters behind, I'd keep it. With just 2 weeks of a 10 chest tourney, you can have enough (after conveting blueprints) to upgrade the bear 3 chapters.

Deleted User - 4565442

They didn't even add any bonus old bear artifacts for quests... unlike phoenixes...
If you want to have any old bear artifact, 99.9% you won't have new bear on max level...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They didn't even add any bonus old bear artifacts for quests... unlike phoenixes...
If you want to have any old bear artifact, 99.9% you won't have new bear on max level...
Are there a lot of people that want the new bear?

I've got the only two I care about, so I'm giving the event a miss.

Socrates28

Well, no, because no one had them before us. If there were a textbook definition of comparing apples and oranges it might include comparing the feelings of someone who doesn't have something that other people do that they might not be able to get for a year or never to the feelings of someone who doesn't have something that nobody has because it doesn't exist yet so they don't even know about it.
No it is not. We did not have certain buildings and now they do not have certain buildings. Whether the specific building existed or not is not the point. The players who came before me had buildings I did not have, did not know about, and never would get, yet I got through the chapters as they did with whatever buildings they could get or build. The textbook you are reading from is not one I ascribe to. Everyone in this life does not have everything other people do. We deal with what we have whether we feel like it or not. We deal with the reality we have and not the dream we may wish to have. We may work towards that dream and eventually make something like it come true, but it will never be the perfect dream we began with because things that are now are not the things which were.

Status
Not open for further replies.