• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is a screenshot of the main Misty Forest main screen that you will see in the Halloween Event.
More information about the event here: https://tinyurl.com/ybkrem82

1. Event Timer
2. 5 Help Screens
3. The evolutions of the evolving building (see below)
4. Number of Magical Ingredients you have available, and + button to buy more
5. Magic Lanterns - Candles, Lanterns and Flares
6. Buy Magic Lanterns using Magic Ingredients
7. Daily Exclusive
8. Gather 20 Friendly Spirits to claim this prize
9. The next prizes in the queue

A. Obstacles - Lanterns will not clear past these
B. Friendly Spirits (that look like blue cats). You need to click on this one with a Candle to clear the fog before you can collect it.
C. This prize has been freed by a Magic Lantern - you can click on it to collect now.

121162830_10217798886704499_2358740972761119726_o.jpg

Buy Candles, Lanterns and Flash Flasks in the Magic Lantern Shop, using the Magic Ingredients that you have collected from Quests and the drops on the outskirts of your city.
You can buy them one at a time, or in packages with different numbers of all three.

121147763_10217798742340890_7184475187575236149_n.jpg

Black watch

I looks complicated and overly so...
Why do I have to learn about this when... never mind... (sighs) it's INNO thinking I have infinite time on my hands and want the world re-engineered every time an event comes up.
Just shoot me. :(

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Of course, yes, it does take time to hunt through the forest mini-game to *find* the chests and spirits rather than just opening chests.
It might be my Elvenar induced PTSD but I think spending 6,000 event currency on those 50 [snowflake] chests which gave you 90 more [snowflakes] 30% of the time took way longer :p

Pheryll

Set Designer
It might be my Elvenar induced PTSD but I think spending 6,000 event currency on those 50 [snowflake] chests which gave you 90 more [snowflakes] 30% of the time took way longer :p
Careful with the clicking though, as those "awesome" buttons were just over the medium chest, which you didn't want, so an accidental double click could cost you.

The Unbeliever

I looks complicated and overly so...
Why do I have to learn about this when... never mind... (sighs) it's INNO thinking I have infinite time on my hands and want the world re-engineered every time an event comes up.
Just shoot me. :(
It's not that complicated at all...

I'll admit that overall, it *is* more time consuming since you really want to think & be careful with your 3 tools, in order to effectively maximise their efficiency.
For example, when using a lantern to light up an entire row, DO NOT! use it on the currently 'open' spot, but rather, see if you can continue right one more block, and *then* use a lantern - doing so means you 'reveal' 3 total rows of forest vs. just 2. :)

You don't have to, nor should you, try to reveal every single block in the forest. Likewise, don't bother wasting tools to collect an out of the way 'lost item' or even spirt - you'll find plenty more just by moving forwards!
(...not to mention, as every FoE player will no doubt tell you, you'll probably just naturally unlock 2-4+ additional items with the 2-3 tools it would have taken to get that lone out of the way item/spirit. :p)

Keep an open mind, and give this one an honest go - it's an absolute blast and the mini game is very, very addictive!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Happy Monday - and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who lives in Canada!
Wishing you a blessed day in company of family and good friends - and please keep safe, away from crowds!

The new Chapter XVII Guest Race is here, in Beta Server!
Read more and look at some screenshots here:
https://tinyurl.com/y5yznk7u
You are welcome to share this with friends do do not play in Beta

121336104_10217819874269175_4144867093813091959_n.jpg

Pheryll

Set Designer
Unurium: production based on working population and required culture can be collected instead of divine seeds (one can switch back and forth). The new trader production encourages people away from shanty towns and towards overdevelopment of buildings.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Unurium: production based on working population and required culture can be collected instead of divine seeds (one can switch back and forth). The new trader production encourages people away from shanty towns and towards overdevelopment of buildings.

And something I was wondering about on the Beta forum may have been dealt with in an unexpected way. I have never understood why Inno programmed the game to allow pop and culture to go negative and now chapter 17 may force players to stop doing that. Or it may just mean more complainers deciding to not advance their city into chapter 17 and beyond.

Deleted User - 1178646

And something I was wondering about on the Beta forum may have been dealt with in an unexpected way. I have never understood why Inno programmed the game to allow pop and culture to go negative and now chapter 17 may force players to stop doing that. Or it may just mean more complainers deciding to not advance their city into chapter 17 and beyond.

Even with negative values, your working population and required culture stay the same.

It's not based on how many of these you got "spare"

Deleted User - 1178646

On a really busy server, there are fewer than 500 people who are going to be adversely effected by the tournament (and yes, I'm one of them) once a month or so. Probably fewer than 200 who will be affected more than twice a month. Meanwhile, there are probably at least 1000/server who will be affected in a positive way, able to do more in the tournament than they could previously.

I suspect Inno knows exactly who they are listening to.

The same ones they lisened to for the infinite questlines, the freebees ;)

You are correct that only 1% is affected by these changes in a manner that really affects there gameplay.
Are you also aware that 1% of the players is 90% or so of there revenue stream?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So anyone that sees no positive value to continue growing their city, by your standards, and to keep from making the tournament even harder based on the new structure that penalizes your growth; is a complainer? hmmm

Yep. People who stop in a chapter and refuse to advance, regardless of chapter, are not playing the core game. I would never join a fellowship full of these types. It is like people who follow fantasy sports, but don't give a damn which teams actually win.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Enevhar Aldarion
I stopped at the end of Ch15 in my oldest city months and months ago. Nothing to do with recent changes made. Ch15 was not fun for me. I saw some things I wanted in that chapter, so I slogged through it to get them, but again, it was no fun at all. There is nothing I want in Ch16, so I just stopped before unlocking Adv Scouts for 16 and waited for the Ch17 release and guess what? There's nothing in Ch17 I want either. So, I'm staying where I am and will see what happens with the Ch18 release.
I have fun playing events, the spire and tournaments. I'm still upgrading AW's and participating in the swap threads, but have no need to place more expansions, so I have a couple available that aren't placed yet. I consider myself an asset to my FS there, having had the time and energy to lead them to a 9th place finish in the Aug FA and an 11th place finish in the one that just ended. I try to keep everyone up to date on what's being released and am active in chat. My next project is to figure out the Halloween event structure so I can help explain it to members who have questions. I've not gotten the impression that I'm in danger of being kicked out by the AM there.
The primary reason I play this game at all is to have fun. I consider it a marathon, not a sprint and feel no need to speed through chapter research just because it's there. Eventually, they're bound to release something I want and I'll meander through the chapters I don't like to get there.
My opinion on the release of optional features that provide rewards that help advance your city being based on a formula that punishes that advancement is *That's nuts!* My opinion on that formula also punishing players who contribute to the number one goal of any company (revenue) is also *That's nuts!*. If that makes me a complainer you'd toss out of your FS, pretty sure I could find a more compatible one anyway.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Anyone on Beta have a copper dragon to look at? The recent update of elvenarchitect marks the chapter 17 instance of this building as a 3x2 making it one of the more competitive event buildings. I think it is just a typo as all the previous chapters for this building have it as a 4x3.

Status
Not open for further replies.