• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladiola

I doubt that offering a blueprint as the prize for first place in an FA would change the competition much. People going for first place now are likely competing to say that they won, not for any of the prizes. I can't imagine it would be worth anyone's effort to compete with them for one blueprint. Much easier to work hard in the tournament for one week.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
So all the whine that the prizes aren't good enough to try for first place are false.
Although I've won first place several times (with my former fs), it's not a matter of "trying" for first place. There are many fellowships that literally could not compete in any way with my former fellowship to have a reasonable chance at beating them for first place. When you have a fellowship with ace members that can easily put out 100 workshops each (or use 50 teleports for one FA ... and by the way, I've never had 50 teleports at once in my life) and pair that with a small fellowship of dedicated, hard working but less lofty players, it's like David fighting Goliath without divine intervention. There's just no way to compete. For most fellowships, offering a blueprint for number one would not help much. I DO think it would attract the fellowships that regularly reach the top 10. My current fellowship, for example, could have a good shot at reaching number one, and we'd probably try for it. But I don't think Inno should offer a prize that's only going to appeal to a very few top fellowships.

I think the prizes should be more than booby prizes ... not crazy good, of course, but better than a laughable ONE five-hour time instant. How about increasing the number of time instants for each of the top twenty slots? How about adding RRs (increasing in number) to the top 10 slots? How about adding truly decent buildings to the top three slots? How about adding a tiny extra prize to the top 100 slots, just to say "Hey, we appreciate that you tried." All of these things would help.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I don’t think the point is the end prizes. The top fellowships like the trophies for bragging rights. Been there, done that but sold them. It would encourage a whole lot more players if they improved the prizes at the end of each level. The way it is now there is no reason to participate unless you need the artifact or just feel it is a responsibility for your fellowship.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So all the whine that the prizes aren't good enough to try for first place are false.

No, the vast majority of complaints I see is that, for the effort required, the prizes are not worth doing more than a single path on each stage. And that for a lot of people, the extra reward for a fellowship finishing 11-20, the Black Lotus, is more valuable than the extra prize for finishing in the top 10.

Socrates28

No, the vast majority of complaints I see is that, for the effort required, the prizes are not worth doing more than a single path on each stage. And that for a lot of people, the extra reward for a fellowship finishing 11-20, the Black Lotus, is more valuable than the extra prize for finishing in the top 10.
This is one of the main reasons that I compete, to finish 11 to 20th place. The Black Lotus is much more valuable to me than a trophy building.

Iyapo1

The FA tried to open the doors for small FS competition with larger fellowships, bracelets were a pinch point...great fits were had over it.

BrinDarby

Prizes do matter..... Just look @ TheManorSet ....
participation went way up, then went back to ho-hum for ElvarianGames.
the current FA format with prizes and the prizes themselves are a big part.
( and @mikeledo , you might not be concerned... but Inno should )

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
It looks like the next Seasonal Event will start in Beta on Thursday. I will publish full details just as soon as we have them.
1f33a.png
1f618.png

236283529_10219686284528265_3105084939283030305_n.jpg

The Unbeliever

the current FA format with prizes and the prizes themselves are a big part.
( and @mikeledo , you might not be concerned... but Inno should )
The Elvenar devs a bunch of ignorant morons honestly, in large part because they've long admitted that they don't actually play their own game. (kinda like having a math teacher who's never taken a math course in their life!)

Sure in FoE, we still get a sizable swing of really OP event prizes vs. a few odd clunkers, but generally, you can *always* count on at least half of the year's many events to offer up some ridiculously insane grand prizes.
Elvenar on the other hand seems the exact opposite; maayyyyyyybe 1 or even 2 decent grand prizes, followed by a literal dumpster full of hot garbage.

Really, the Elvenar team needs to learn the 40k principal: "If *EVERYTHING* is over powered, then NOTHING really is."
If at least half of each year's event prizes were all Fire Phoenix/Brown Bear power level, then no one would be getting left behind sinply because they started playing after 'X' date/time. And as the Sorc's event proved, a solid event building/set is a license to print money. ;)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
And I don't get this because I think Triumph of the Tides is a pretty good evolving building. At high levels it is a solid producer of sentient goods if you choose that option. If you choose to produce seeds with it, then it is more efficient on a square for square basis than a Festival Merchant. And many advanced players have FMs in their city to produce seeds with. If you choose option 3, it is more efficient at producing Vallorian Guards than Vallorian Valor. And many advanced players have VV in their cities. It is true that it is meh at producing supplies. But high level cities rarely have issues with supplies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
You are welcome to share this with friends and fellowship who do not play in Beta.
Event information is in a Google spreadsheet here: https://tinyurl.com/aj6k4mnb - a work still in progress.

Grand Prizes
  • Red Panda Master Evolving building
  • Red Panda Master Artifact
  • Ancient Knowledge 20 Instant
  • Coin Rain 100% Instant
  • 15 Knowledge Points
  • Supply Windfall 100% Instant
  • 3 x random Rune Shard
  • 15 Knowledge Points
  • Red Panda Master Evolving building #2
  • Ancient Knowledge 20 Instant
  • Supply Windfall 100% Instant

Royal Prizes (costs 1500 Diamonds to unlock)
  • Red Forest event building
  • Moonstone
  • 5 x 30 minute booster
  • 3 x Combining Caltalyst
  • 1 x Pet Food
  • Divine Seeds
  • 1 x 20 hour booster
  • Moonstone
  • Blueprint
  • Mana
  • 5 x 5 hour booster
  • 2 x Magical Manufacturing Instant