• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
How many days were there in Beta between the end of Elvarian Games and the start of the FA?
Just a couple of days most likely. According to my records the event stopped on 15th and FA was to start on Tuesday 27th but was delayed a day due to technical issues. If I had to guess I would say Tuesday - Thursday next week but one never knows with Inno.
:)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Do you have a prize suggestion that everyone would want?
Artifact Fragments!!! So that people, particularly newcomers, can decide for themselves which building they want to evolve, instead of having a few random artifacts thrown at them in a lottery in the Spire.
I do understand that the developers are trying to preserve the rarity value of artifacts, so as not to offend the players who paid real money to evolve their buildings - but if we got lots of tiny artifact fragments in different game modules, like spire, tournaments, events, FA waypoints and even a daily log-in bonus, we could collect for several months and eventually make one Artifact that we REALLY wanted.
The designers could preserve rarity value by setting a realistic exchange rate for the fragments, that would make crafting an 'Universal Artifact' hard, but not impossible.
I do hope one of the designers is listening to this suggestion!!

The Unbeliever

Artifact Fragments!!! So that people, particularly newcomers, can decide for themselves which building they want to evolve, instead of having a few random artifacts thrown at them in a lottery in the Spire.
I do understand that the developers are trying to preserve the rarity value of artifacts, so as not to offend the players who paid real money to evolve their buildings - but if we got lots of tiny artifact fragments in different game modules, like spire, tournaments, events, FA waypoints and even a daily log-in bonus, we could collect for several months and eventually make one Artifact that we REALLY wanted.
The designers could preserve rarity value by setting a realistic exchange rate for the fragments, that would make crafting an 'Universal Artifact' hard, but not impossible.
I do hope one of the designers is listening to this suggestion!!
On top of THIS! ...we also need a much better spread of just what evo buildings provide as bonuses;
1. A 'new' fighting building that gives say +25% atk AND +25% def to all units. Now there's competition to add in vs. the Fire Phoenix, as during some weeks, getting an added def boost will be much better vs. just strait up atk. (ie: tournies that involve lots of Mist Walker/Dark Abott/HR mixes)
Also, perhaps a new pet that gives strait def vs. the atk of the Fire Chocobo?!
(Hint: Maybe a big, angry pet Dragon for a Sorcerer's Homecoming event that could give atk+def, and/or a cunning Daemon or Werewolf that grants def for a Halloween event?!)

2. More MM spell rewards
A universally useful reward that especially late game, becomes very scarce in supply for a great many players due to the need to constantly keep sentients + ascended factories boosted.

3. More non-Barracks units.
Currently we have 3 sources of Valorians, 2 sources of Frogs, 2 sources of Ork Strats, and 1 source each for Ork Warriors & the near-useless Bee Riders... do better and give us at least some Blossoms + Rangers access.

4. Ch.11+ T4 - T7 access.
T1-3 goods become all but irrelevant by a certain point, yet these later game players still have a nightmare of a time gaining any meaningful stocks of T4-6 and especially T7 goods. Spire negotiating is literally impossible by a certain point, since it demands insane volumes of these rarer and rarer expiring resources!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Artifact Fragments!!!

You and Soggy and others who are behind this do realize that the current crafting recipes mean that Inno values artifacts between about a 10 to 1 and 5 to 1 ratio, plus three blueprints or 900 diamonds? With a level 5 MA, disenchanting an artifact gives 2000 spell fragments, and less with lower level MAs. It takes 10k fragments, plus 3 blueprints/900 diamonds to craft an artifact. How about instead of something too complicated, they just add a 6th crafting slot that has a recipe for every single artifact in the game. Then all those old artifacts can be disenchanted and turned into new ones as they rotate through the crafting selection.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Personally I would like to see a blueprint be offered as part of the stage 3 prizes for a fellowship adventure. I feel this would be an appropriate reward for the effort involved for a FS to complete all 3 stages of a FA. However it seems like Inno is forever cheap on the rewards for fellowship adventures, so I doubt this will ever happen. As a compromise between what I feel is appropriate and what Inno feels is appropriate, what about some Royal Restoration spells? These would be useful to players of all skill levels and are more worthwhile than most of the current FA prizes.

mikeledo

Personally I would like to see a blueprint be offered as part of the stage 3 prizes for a fellowship adventure. I feel this would be an appropriate reward for the effort involved for a FS to complete all 3 stages of a FA. However it seems like Inno is forever cheap on the rewards for fellowship adventures, so I doubt this will ever happen. As a compromise between what I feel is appropriate and what Inno feels is appropriate, what about some Royal Restoration spells? These would be useful to players of all skill levels and are more worthwhile than most of the current FA prizes.
Make the blueprint as the first place prize to generate participation and spending.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Make the blueprint as the first place prize to generate participation and spending.
There are only a few fellowships in any given world that have a realistic chance at #1. And I think most of them are already going all out in fellowship adventures out of sheer competitiveness. For example, in Khel the same FS has been #1 in every single FA since I started playing. My FS is pretty good. We finish all 3 paths of the first 2 stages and we do about 90% of everything in stage 3 (we leave out a few of the expensive waypoints in stage 3.). And then we normally hit the pit with a day or 2 left and cycle the pit multiple times. And we always finish at *LEAST* 20,000 points behind #1. Bumping up the prize for the #1 fellowship would not matter at all to us, because there is no way we would be in contention for it.

*edit* I just checked the figures from the previous FA and I did not remember them right. The FS I was talking about beat the #2 fellowship by 20,000 points. They beat MY fellowship by 60,000 points. And we were in 23rd place.

mikeledo

There are only a few fellowships in any given world that have a realistic chance at #1. And I think most of them are already going all out in fellowship adventures out of sheer competitiveness. For example, in Khel the same FS has been #1 in every single FA since I started playing. My FS is pretty good. We finish all 3 paths of the first 2 stages and we do about 90% of everything in stage 3 (we leave out a few of the expensive waypoints in stage 3.). And then we normally hit the pit with a day or 2 left and cycle the pit multiple times. And we always finish at *LEAST* 20,000 points behind #1. Bumping up the prize for the #1 fellowship would not matter at all to us, because there is no way we would be in contention for it.

*edit* I just checked the figures from the previous FA and I did not remember them right. The FS I was talking about beat the #2 fellowship by 20,000 points. They beat MY fellowship by 60,000 points. And we were in 23rd place.
Everyone use at least 50 teleport spells to clear their city and do some planning. You can compete.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Everyone use at least 50 teleport spells to clear their city and do some planning. You can compete.
Nonsense. Fellowship adventures happen about every 2 months. The only source in the game for Teleport Building spells is the Spire of Eternity. I go to the top of the Spire every single week and I assure you I do not win anywhere close to 50 teleport spells in a 2 month period. And since I am doing the max possible in the Spire every single week, I am going to assume that nobody else is winning 50 teleport spells in a 2 month period. What you are suggesting is simply not sustainable.

mikeledo

Nonsense. Fellowship adventures happen about every 2 months. The only source in the game for Teleport Building spells is the Spire of Eternity. I go to the top of the Spire every single week and I assure you I do not win anywhere close to 50 teleport spells in a 2 month period. And since I am doing the max possible in the Spire every single week, I am going to assume that nobody else is winning 50 teleport spells in a 2 month period. What you are suggesting is simply not sustainable.
I have over 100 spells. I only suggest doing it once. Not every FA.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have over 100 spells. I only suggest doing it once. Not every FA.
I still don't think it would work on a 1 time basis. I don't think you are grasping the difference in competition here. Members of my FS are already using teleports to set up their cities for fellowship adventure. Maybe not the 50 you suggest, but they are using some. Last FA we scored 28,800 points. First place was 88,650. Even if my FS went all out and doubled our score we still lose by over 31,000. I do not think it would be possible for us to TRIPLE our score under any circumstance. But if we did somehow pull off this miracle, we'd still lost by 2000 points. A big prize for 1st place would not motivate us because there is no way we would ever win it.

mikeledo

I still don't think it would work on a 1 time basis. I don't think you are grasping the difference in competition here. Members of my FS are already using teleports to set up their cities for fellowship adventure. Maybe not the 50 you suggest, but they are using some. Last FA we scored 28,800 points. First place was 88,650. Even if my FS went all out and doubled our score we still lose by over 31,000. I do not think it would be possible for us to TRIPLE our score under any circumstance. But if we did somehow pull off this miracle, we'd still lost by 2000 points. A big prize for 1st place would not motivate us because there is no way we would ever win it.
I have been seeing 50,000 + points. I have not seen the insanity of overkill 88,000 points. Even if you teleport your entire city and use time spells, what would be the sense for a mediocre pop culture building that isn't much better than the smaller second place prize. I see your point, but not every world is that way. What happened when 24,000 points was a winner? Have you calculated how many Vision vapor, tournament encounters/spire encounters that is at 5 each a pop for 300 points? I don't think that is possible without tons of diamonds that could be used to buy a better building.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have been seeing 50,000 + points. I have not seen the insanity of overkill 88,000 points.
I assure you that was the final score of the 1st place fellowship in Khel last FA. Wo+Men of Elvenar is the FS name. Their description page says they have won 14 FAs in a row. I can't vouch for all 14 of these, but they've won every single one since I started playing in Feb 2020. 2nd place in Khel last FA was the Star Friends fellowship with a score of 61,400.

BrinDarby

Isnt there a set amount of points if your FS does every WP on every Level/stage ??
after that, its just the pit , isn't it ????

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My Beta fellowship likes to win the FA. We have finished first in 3 of the last 4, but our scores are not that crazy. However, we do have a couple of members who build up so many badges that in the Pit they can do anywhere from 5k to 10k points by themselves. Five members do that and you could have up to 50k just from them in the Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.