• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Discord - May Contain Info!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have all of the ones except for the Elf only one. I think you and everybody else is probably missing the birthday one that was so out of scale and cartoon looking that most people just sold them off. Not a chance that was staying in my city.

Is there a new silver one coming or the same one?
Oh, you're right. Darn. Thanks for letting me know.

Yogi Dave

1697565168383.png

BrinDarby

Im missing Black and Birthday unicorns, :(
and I haven't bought an Enar's yet.

I have... dark, crystal, gothic, rainbow, silver, nightfur, frozen, candy cane ( 8/11)

Yogi Dave

Version 1.186​

It will go live on the EN servers from October 24th and on all other servers from October 26th. On Mobile, the version will be available during that same week.

Improvements​

• Additional improvements to the Ancient Wonders are coming to beta and live servers. We'll have a specific separate communication about this.
  • A new inventory search bar will be added to all browser players on October 26th. This feature is already available on Mobile and was recently tested on the beta server.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed a small merchant bug where the hiring costs for Chapter 21 were a bit too high. They are now fixed to follow the usual pattern, which is:
    • 10% of your Coins Cap for the first Merchant
    • 50% of your Coins Cap for the second Merchant
    • 90% of your Coins Cap for the third Merchant
  • Heavy Ranged Powerup appeared in a wrong position during the building phase, but now it is working correctly.
  • We fixed a display issue when the player had over 20 Knowledge Points and used them in rapid succession for a brief moment incorrect amount was displayed. Now the correct amount of KP is displayed.
  • We have fixed a display issue in the flat mode where some settlement buildings were displayed as manufactories.-Some conditions for certain quests were changed.
  • Sometimes there was a missing "Finish" button in Season Pass quests until the player collected resources, now the issue is fixed.
  • Other minor bugs have been fixed

Mobile​

• A display issue was fixed in the AW tab where text and icons were too close.
Do not hesitate to let us know your feedback on the changes by leaving a comment in ⁠Version 1.186

Kind regards
Your Elvenar team

Yogi Dave

90081e1b22f1ad09ebc3.svg
Additional improvements for Ancient Wonders​

We are continuing to work on improvement linked to Ancient Wonders. Let's have a look at the next 3 coming to beta and live servers.

:ancientwonder:
[Beta] Ancient Wonders Gallery - on Browser​

On October 24 we are releasing the Ancient Wonders Gallery on beta, for browser players. This view allows to more easily keep track of your Ancient Wonders, in a similar way like it is possible to do already on the mobile version of the game.

[Beta] Ancient Wonder Notification - Invested knowledge points​

This will also be released on October 24 on the beta server. The notifications will display how many Knowledge Points have been contributed to one of your owned Ancient Wonder by another player. This feature, like the one before, will arrive to live servers at a later moment depending on how the beta test will go. We'll keep you posted!

Contribution Overview - New Tab​

Following a period on the beta server, this new tab is coming to all live servers on October 26. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback during beta! The new tab provides an overview about your current contributions and the rewards you can receive. The list is limited to the 60 newest entries. This is because of technical reasons, and based on the data we have it should also be enough for the vast majority of players. Thanks for your passion
:fellowship_experience:
!

Yogi Dave

:Season_Level:
The Season of Secrets
:Season_Level:

Dear Humans and Elves, Starting from October 26th, a new Season will start! The Season of Secrets will come to give you the chance to gain rewards by completing daily and weekly quests over a long time! Similarly to the previous Seasons, you will have 75 days until January 9th, 2024, to collect Season Petals from daily and weekly quests. Collecting Season Petals will let you progress on the reward lane and reach waypoints. Here is the highlight of the “Season of Secrets” at the 50th milestone of the reward reward lane: The Door of Secret. The quests of the Seasons can be completed as part of your daily routine of playing the game, over the passing of several events! This means that the Season enables you to gain a lot of rewards by simply playing Elvenar regularly. The quests may also encourage you to explore different areas of the game. We wish you a lot of fun with the Season of Secrets' quests and rewards! As always, we're happy to hear your feedback in the dedicated xxxxx Kind regards, Your Elvenar Team

Yogi Dave

One thing I've liked about most of the latest updates to the game is that they have been adding useful info for us in the interface. So, not actually changes in how the game works. Just changes that make it easier for us to see what is going on or selecting where we want to be next instead of having to make multiple clicks to get there. So, kudos and thank you to Inno for those changes. For a game that has been around awhile, that seems to be a good place to be for a while.

Yogi Dave

:Rune_shards_Icons:
Ask the Devs!​

We have some exciting news for you! We are launching a new activity called Ask the Devs! This is your chance to ask anything you want to know about the game and get answers from the people who make it.

Here's how it works​

From now to November 7, you can post your questions in ⁠⁠ask-the-devs-nov2023. On November 7, from 13:00 to 14:00 CET, four of our developers will join the channel and answer there some of your questions. You can ask about any aspect of the game, such as features, mechanics, design, lore, etc. We can't wait to hear from you and share some insights into Elvenar.

Is there already a question you like shared by someone else? Add a thumbs up on it and a comment. This will let us know which questions will be the most popular and will help us to prioritize the answers.

Don't miss this opportunity to interact with the devs and learn more about the game. Join us and Ask the Devs!

Silver Lady

Thanks @Pheryll just got the in-game announcement. So they don’t really want us to ask anything since they’ve hidden it behind the Discord wall! Just piling on the reasons to leave. There are good reasons not to join social media. Too many places/sites/accounts etc. already have our personal info and track what we do we (and I specifically) DO NOT need to add to that number!

Pheryll

Set Designer

Version 1.187​

It will go live on the EN servers from November 7th and on all other servers from November 9th. On Mobile, the version will be available during that same week.

Improvements​

• Content linked to future improvements and features.

Bug fixes​

• An issue was fixed when you were in the moving mode and moved a building, the banner of the event started blinking and moving.
  • A display issue was fixed where a brewed potion in the Cauldron appeared like to increase goods production on top of manufactory productions.
  • Other minor bugs have been fixed.

Mobile​

• In certain cases the overview of the Ancient Wonders displayed an upgrade to a wrong level, now it always displays the correct level.
  • A display issue was fixed where the Ancient Wonders overview tab showed an outdated amount of Knowledge Points.
Do not hesitate to let us know your feedback on the changes by leaving a comment in ⁠⁠Version 1.187 Kind regards Your Elvenar team

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thanks @Pheryll just got the in-game announcement. So they don’t really want us to ask anything since they’ve hidden it behind the Discord wall! Just piling on the reasons to leave. There are good reasons not to join social media. Too many places/sites/accounts etc. already have our personal info and track what we do we (and I specifically) DO NOT need to add to that number!
They just want people who like Discord to be asking the questions ... they don't want a bunch of angry people and this way they won't get the ones who don't like Discord. :mad:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They just want people who like Discord to be asking the questions ... they don't want a bunch of angry people and this way they won't get the ones who don't like Discord. :mad:

Really no different than when they did things only on Facebook or Instagram. A lot less people hate Facebook than Discord, so the complaints about the Q&A sessions on Facebook got less hate.

Yogi Dave

~Raven~✨OP11/03/2023 11:40 AM​

Hello! With the recent announcement that the forums will be closing, can you please give us any updates or thoughts on whether or not any of our beloved forums will remain open? (There are currently several petitions running on multiple Elvenar forums asking to please keep the forums open) What will happen with each forums once they "close"? Will they still be accessible in a view-only form once closed, or will they be removed entirely? Thanks for any answers! :) :) :)

Lelanya11/03/2023 8:31 PM​

The Forums represent Community. I know many active participants who feel, that the communities were disrespected when they are tossed aside as they feel they have been, by the company.

Alex11/04/2023 12:02 AM​

Give me something juicy -- how much were you paying to host maintain and moderate your own private forums?

These were post on discord. Ligario who has a role of Admin replied with this.

LigarioYesterday at 7:28 AM​

Hello :D

Thx for this question!

First, some context. Looking at how little the forum were used, it was evident we had to try new platforms and community channels. The forums have the goal to be an engagement channel and they were unfortunately not be fulfilling that scope anymore. Only very few people are actively using it. That's why it was necessary to explore something different and why we have now also this official space here on Discord.

When we shared the intention to also be active here on Discord, we wanted to be transparent and clearly say to you that our focus as a community team would shift to this channel.

At the same time, in the short/medium term, we said the forums are still open and this will be the case for now. This is confirmed. For the future, we'll look at how the activity will be there in the coming months, how forums are used, how welcoming that space is for players and move from there. There isn't at the moment any precise date or specific timeline because it will depend on the data we'll get.

We just started here on Discord less than 2 months ago, so far it has been great, and more time is needed.

Keep it positive and we'll share more updates on this when we'll have additional details. :D

Yogi Dave

I think this is a good post after Ligario's

StarloadYesterday at 3:28 PM​

Good to hear, I was asked to pass this message along as the speaker will not join discord as it is blocked on his network, "since the in-game link to the forums was removed, how are the players going to find it? seems that without providing access you are just writing off the forums to a slow death?"

Pheryll

Set Designer
A post from Timon which may indicate an upcoming feature:

Hey there!
We are actually considering an improvement to our Neighborly Help system, where every player has an option which help they prefer, and then you as a helper just have to click once, and the help is automatically given to the preferred building type. But we are still working on how exactly we want to do this, so I can't tell you yet when this will be in the game.
But yes, we agree, the current way to give help is unneccessary complicated, with too many clicks, and players naming their cities "C=>B=>MH".

However, we will not introduce "a button to help them all". Help is meant to be a meaningful social interaction, and this button would make everyone a robot. A robot with probably too many Coins and Supplies. We could consider this for your Fellows, since they are already meaningful to you by being part of your Fellowship. But we will not add something to the game that encourages people to help hundreds of cities every day with hundreds of clicks. I am actually sorry that the original design allowed this, and we will not take it from you for that reason. But I feel bad every day I hear that someone takes the hazzle to click through hundreds of cities every day. I apologize for this design!