• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Next FA

DeletedUser6892

This will be my first FA, I hope it isn't painful. I'm open to advice or suggestions ^ ^ Thanks!
Have fun! and keep smilin! Isn't that what playin a game is for, to have fun? This probably isn't the kind of help you are lookin for but Soggy shorts has a link to a good article, thread, that has tips for events and game in general, I still need to look thru it better. Many things are just time consuming and tedious, but if your work out what to start first; while working on another part at same time, this (and other events and quests) are very doable....Find a post with soggyshorts logo, under name it has how to make most events easier (link)...can click right on that and will take you to the page. some awesome tips there! TY, Soggyshorts! If I have this wrong, he will be able to help! :)

DeletedUser6892

Please stop taking my lines out of context. Thank you. BTW Your eye is threatening as is your shadow comment.
I thought this was just a silly thing, a bit off regular humor but we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously! I thought it was meant as humour; I understood the reply where it was taken differently; It has been handled pretty well, great job, and part of the reason I have like this thread or most of it is because the discussions, w/some frustration; some sarcastic humour; just plain statements, and some confusion...and probably more....but I actually think for the most part this is one of the most dram free threads I have read thru and still reading! & commenting! Oh my! lol, This is a game, we want it to work right, but the last FA disaster? my short of members at the time, all got into it even knowing prizes weren't what we thought, etc, and we had fun, we made it fun! The feeling of more helpfullness and less competition than most games was said in another post; some thinking it's been worse w/FA? I don't know about that, although player division about if we shouldor shouldn't comes up. I am in 2 worlds, 2 FS, one finished (the supposedly weaker one at the time) the other did but much frustration instead of fun.....still freindly, and friends, all the way round whether some players needed to move on or not we keep in touch and support each other still.....IN BOTH worlds! yay! Use best judgement, work w/your FS as a team, if some opt out it is still doable if enough players .... I meant to make this a short statement. RE: comments as to the above; keep it in smilin and laff mode; as it was meant, respect one anothers feelings, and let's get this FA working like it should! I'll hit up support, too, has helped in past, even, us Elvenar/Inno players need to stick together! TY for listening..... have fun and keep smilin! :)

DeletedUser6892

As of now, there's an in-game announcement that it starts 'Monday morning CST'. It did not trigger a red exclamation point for me, so I'm not sure how long it's been there.
The red exclamation came up for me yesterday I believe later afternoon (CST) it was after 6pm when I was lettin my FS know, and I had just seen it as new shortly before that....was out of game just a short time and was up between 5-6 pm CST I am guessing!

DeletedUser6892

I came in in the middle of the last one how did it start do they click the flag to start or work what comes up first????
Once the banner for game is up you can start working on it...I've started events right in the middle-- didn't finish but did what I could and had fun(last winters special event quest)! That was before I was even in an FS! For this FA event the first flag badges have to be filled to move on, same as each waypoint. Didn't get that either the first time, but can hover over locked points to see what will be needed starting w/the flag!

DeletedUser5800

The general FS vibe is already suffering and one person quit this morning... Yay FA. It should be called 'The Last Straw Event'
Quest Cycling = Lame
Rewards = Lame
Demoting Everyone = Lame
Animosity = Lame
Confusion = Lame
Having to check every 15 minutes and post messages about what is going wrong in an effort to keep things on track while it slowly goes off the rails because the chat/message system sucks and most people do not want to use an out of game program. = Lame
...and all of this while not even wanting to be involved but not willing to do nothing and watch total anarchy break loose and effect the rest of the game forever = Lame
Pretty much everything that was said the first time except worse because Really, this again...
It's like, 'Remember that time you got drug behind a truck and it was horrible and I promised next time you could at least wear a thick sweater?... well get naked and get behind the truck.' :eek:

DeletedUser3689

It's here, and crappy as ever ;-) a week of busy work for 6 instants. My FS mostly ignores it. There's a core group of about 5 people who bother with it at all, mostly out of a sense of obligation to the other members. When only the Top 3 get anything decent and Top 20 get a medium, is it any wonder if response is underwhelming? After awesome events like Eldrasil, it's a real let down. C'mon Inno - if you want people to beaver away for a week - give them something worth working for!

DeletedUser4372

most fellowships quit the last fellowship adventure before they ever got to the 2nd wieght point. i read "above" that the prizes are the same. they sucked so bad last time, i am not even starting this failure. INNO cannot put a survey button in the game w/o it spamming every time i changed pages? maxed out KP and look to see if i can actually spend them for something good, or throw them away on the ancients like i do most of them, oh, i get another prompt for the survey, already took it. now i get to confirm that i do not want to accept this survey, THAT I ALREADY DID.. get to the kp page and yep, need to find a ancient to dump them into. oh, but it wants me to take a survey first? well, i took about 4 of them, put in the worst possible answers you would want.

outlaw11

Do the excess inventories carry over to the next Adventure? Gems says yes, but I recall that it changed in the last FA updates.

DeletedUser5800

I think one thing the Dev's fail to understand or don't care about is that at least half of the players don't pay attention or listen at all no matter how many messages or notifications or forum post or chat post or a brick with a note written on it you throw at them... Completely ignore all communication which makes things like this doomed for all but the few that have strict communication guidelines... and even they have a couple (you know you do) that always put that one thing where you just said don't put that one thing.

DeletedUser3680

How about a list of what is needed for each of the badges on the new adventure?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I think one thing the Dev's fail to understand or don't care about is that at least half of the players don't pay attention or listen at all no matter how many messages or notifications or forum post or chat post or a brick with a note written on it you throw at them... Completely ignore all communication which makes things like this doomed for all but the few that have strict communication guidelines... and even they have a couple (you know you do) that always put that one thing where you just said don't put that one thing.

I've got at least one member with chat down; this is their first look at the FA's. We're doing it because we have a bunch of new to the game members and want to get the rewards for them. Also, a good teaching opportunity in hopes of future improvements to the FA. And a good learning opportunity for coordination and tracking as the tools for that are sorely lacking. But your post made me LOL. We don't have strict communication guidelines, we don't demote anyone for this thing, heck we'll promote you to FA Ambassador if you'd like! Most members will do whatever is asked of them if (a) I can figure out what I want them to do & (b) they can figure out how to do it. And if someone messes up and makes badges we'll never need, puts in a badge someone else was working on, grabs the flag too quick..., no one gets irate about it. But it does require a bunch of time and energy and reminds one of herding kittens.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
e don't demote anyone for this thing, heck we'll promote you to FA Ambassador if you'd like!
The reason fellowships demote members during the FA is that anyone ambassador or higher can click the flag and move to the next stage. If they don't check to make sure everyone has made a contribution then some players may not get any reward.

DeletedUser5800

If they don't check to make sure everyone has made a contribution then some players may not get any reward.
...and I stole your idea and said everyone go put '1' Marble on the Gold path just to tag in... First person puts 20K... I put 1 thinking they will see that and know... next couple put 100 because that's the least it will let you without typing... next person finishes it off... so someone opens the switch an updates all the messages and chat to tag in with steel... this time no one has put more than 100... but it's all the same people that put marble so they still obviously don't know why they are doing it. LOL :confused:
This thing is just designed to bring chaos to any FS that doesn't run like a robot, everyone is popping in at dif. times, on lunch or half asleep or with the baby crying, ect., ect,. Messages are all buried in 3 other ones and the chat is full of other business... I don't even fault them, it's insanity. Reminds me of the basketball game in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I stole your idea and said everyone go put '1' Marble on the Gold path just to tag in
I invented this idea and still have a FS where the first person filled it by themselves.:p
An easy fix for the devs would be to move 20-30 badges from stage 2&3 to stage 1, but honestly they should just give the prizes to everyone in the FS.

DeletedUser5800

but honestly they should just give the prizes to everyone in the FS.
Some would say, 'If you don't help bake the pie you shouldn't get to eat the pie!'. Which is valid so I'm actually conflicted on that one, I do think it's better for everyone to get the prizes, but then of course there are people that just tag every tournament and never do anything more which seems not cool... Still if they grow the FS grows, good for everyone... Capitalism or Communism... Both have pros and cons. o_O