• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Optimizing Space Usage in Your City

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hi all,

I'd love some advice on my city. I have an elf city, midway through the Dwarf chapter. I'm just about ready to toss all of my seasonal buildings, because my layout is a mess, way too much unused space. Based on how I can't upgrade my residences till Fairies, should I be ditching any of my marbles? I can upgrade them now, but they change shape to become the other direction. I am a pretty active player.

Also, not sure what to do with my granite and copper layout.

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/1b9bee2da7384489b8be69d2f194ad92/

Here's what I came up with
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/2d7b30e6b79c4933ba1ed67d2504f900/
You're much better off with 2 level 15 gems than 3 level 8s. Same for the rest, Max level rather than lots of small ones.
Also, Going with 20 granite and 11 copper lets you keep them at level 3 and 2. This saves you loads of resources you would have spent on upgrading them to 4

DeletedUser6455

Here's what I came up with
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/2d7b30e6b79c4933ba1ed67d2504f900/
You're much better off with 2 level 15 gems than 3 level 8s. Same for the rest, Max level rather than lots of small ones.
Also, Going with 20 granite and 11 copper lets you keep them at level 3 and 2. This saves you loads of resources you would have spent on upgrading them to 4

Thank you so much! I just reorganized the whole thing based on this, and my builders will be working nonstop for a while :) And now I feel like I'll have enough room for a while for the upcoming races too!

DeletedUser8382

One rule that should be there, and a mistake I see a lot is: Sell all of your 2x2 and larger culture buildings and ONLY have the best culture buildings of a large size. Early culture buildings, especially small ones, waste "aid" actions from other players. I've seen Age 5-6 players with like 8 Holy Codex buildings (first 2x2 for humans). I'm Age 2, and my Delicatessen Butchers give 430 per aid action, whereas Holy Codex will give you 110 per aid action...

DeletedUser6455

Hi again - now that I am in full swing with the fairy chapter, and my buildings are about to change shapes - the marble manufactories require something like over 1000 population EACH to upgrade to their fairy version. They do, however, also pretty much double output. Is it common for people to go down to 3 t1 boosted manufactories as a result of fairies?

SoggyShorts

Hi again - now that I am in full swing with the fairy chapter, and my buildings are about to change shapes - the marble manufactories require something like over 1000 population EACH to upgrade to their fairy version. They do, however, also pretty much double output. Is it common for people to go down to 3 t1 boosted manufactories as a result of fairies?
I went from
6/3/2 in chapter 6 to
5/3/2 in chapter 7 to
4/3/3 in chapter 8
On my newest city, and it seems to be working quite well.
I also hit 700% (max) relic boost in chapter 6 though, so if you haven't done that you may need more.

@Mykan prefers to look at it from a #of squares perspective, so if your marble production is taking up 40 squares now, then keeping it at 40 squares after they are upgraded could work.
Another way to look at it is to aim for production levels that allow you to complete the "gain xxxx" marble" repeating quest for your current chapter every 3 hours.

Finally, a lot depends on your playstyle. Do you have a full military set up with wonders that you use to clear provinces and tournaments? If so you will obviously need less production than a player who negotiates/caters.

DeletedUser3507

lol Magic Dust 19 to 23 upgrade is roughly 3700 pop.... that's what I m dealing with..... X 7

SoggyShorts

So true....I wound need 7 MR's Soggy
Indeed... so the next question is do you "need" 7 level 23 magic dust? o_O
Or put another way, do you "need" to increase your dust production by 62%?:eek:

Perhaps another option would be to
drop down to 5 level 23 dusts and add 3 Mag res
-You'd still increase your production by 16% and save a whole expansion of space, or
drop down to 6 level 23 dusts and add 5 Mag res
-You'd still increase your production by 40% and only lose one expansion of space

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

Do I need, most likely not... But I like...:rolleyes: might try just 6...I have 19.5 k unemployment

Thistleknot

I going to have to cuss the Inno quest team for the Halfling story quests (cannot decline). I had carved out a section of my city for the Halfling settlement. I get a little ways in and I get a quest to have 6 farms and 12 fields. I was going to stop at 9 fields, but I had an extra expansion and was able to reorganize to squeeze it all in. I just got a quest that requires 15 fields. AARRGGHHH!!! Since I like to keep progressing through the quests I had two options. One is to wait until I researched the last expansion plus conquering enough provinces to get around four more expansions so that I could build the required extra fields. That could potentially put me a month or more behind on the quest line. Option Two was to destroy two of the Grape Farms that I worked so hard to build. I grudgingly got rid of the grape farms.:mad: Not happy with quests that force me to build more buildings than I want. Oh well. Since I have them, I will keep them and hope I don't have to wait on mana.

DeletedUser3507

I feel your pain, I have 16 fields, 8 farms and even with that progress is sooooo slow...

@SoggyShorts
Screenshot_5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3507

z_Pu_G4r21_Qlica_BEYZPev_Fw.png

I have 850 k mana Soggy. Mana is no problem

8 Ansguard Seal, 3 Wells of Spirits, 4 Marlo the Patron Saint, 3 Grape farms.
All produce mana.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

I have 850 k mana Soggy. Mana is no problem
Interesting.... Is that because you used to have more mana makers?
850K mana means you lose 85K every night, and 3 grape farms make 25K a day. So that should mean your mana stash goes down quite a bit each day even if you aren't spending any on techs....