• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

People Can't Read or What?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15500
  • Start date

DeletedUser9601

Thank you @Ashrem and @SoggyShorts. Again, great info that is not obvious to me in the game. I still just polish every non-FS visit as culture, but still, good to know ;)

DeletedUser5747

I am that person that makes it a point to memorize all my peeps preferen
ces but as per my request we all have our visit type in the same location in the city name, seems how it is the first thing you see the visit type is first on the city name. Now that the mobile app displays it too, I do pretty good about hitting what ppl like. However, I am also that person that F's up sometimes. I am also that player that gets a neighbor that complains I polished their BH over the C they want done, then, that last visit was just that, the last visit. I am grateful for A visit. One is one more than I had before.

MirandaZink

The answer is . . . no people can't read. If they are not in my FS then I tend to stop visiting them in hopes they "catch on". As they say in the south "bless 'em"

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
The answer is . . . no people can't read. If they are not in my FS then I tend to stop visiting them in hopes they "catch on". As they say in the south "bless 'em"

'Bless your heart', you need to go back and look again. People can read just fine. Can you? Many, including me, choose not to take the excessive time it would take to read all of them. Guessing you don't have 281 visits in 1 largest city to get done daily.

DeletedUser17130

1 I agree with what Tedious said in his first post
2 This is such a small thing to get upset about
3 Sometimes people mis-click
4 It is possible that the person you wrote to also believes in ( 1, 2 & 3 ) and decided you were a jerk to send him a message about it and therefore replied to you in a way to annoy you as much as possible. If I was that person and saw this thread on the forum, I would be laughing quite heartily right now.

I just wanted to write something similar.
I can't believe that somebody gets upset about getting ("wrong") help.
The writing style of the Topic starter, and that it had to be edited by a moderator lets me guess that the wording when asking the higher Player was not very nice either. So I wouldn't be surprised about the response.

Yes there are Players who do a lot of visits and that takes quite some time. I can not spend a Minute each anymore to figure out what culture building is best for them. I try to buff the largest culture building I see. If you want builder, then put it close to the main hall and visible.
If you have the wanted buildings close to your main hall and visible, the big majority will buff what you want in my experience.

DeletedUser3507

\
Screenshot_16.png
Some of us are quite picky, not all help is good help, that's why we specify things in our city title, If you were to visit me and polish a 2100 culture item when I have multiple temples available at 18,600 culture, don't expect me to visit you back, it just won't happen especially when I keep spells on 10 culture items and its says spelled culture, MH for city title.

That's my real example....;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17130

How are people supposed to know how much culture each building gives, especially if it is from the other race, or from guest races you have not encountered yet. Then there are special rewards from the events, and it depends in what chapter that player got the building how good it is.
Some buildings are big, but they give population and culture. A smaller building might give more culture.
For me it works quite well and I get 90% willows, like specified... but I am also not putting low culture buildings next to the MH :p
and yes I hid my builder :D

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
How are people supposed to know how much culture each building gives,
They can only do that by putting a lot of extra work in. But I don't think anybody expects that. What's bothersome is when their are big, obvious options but a person picks something that is pretty obviously lower. Even that can be tough if placement isn't careful. some small buildings, placed next to big buildings, might make the helper think they are helping the large building.

I think the real answer is internal. if we all stop expecting other people to be inherently "nice" we will cease to be disappointed.

I call it the Pessimist's Blessing:
- My mood is fairly level, because either everything really is awful, and I get to be right, or I'm wrong, but everything turns out well. Either way I "win" a little.
- Meanwhile, the optimist gets a higher high, when they're right and things turn out well, but they also get lower lows, when they're wrong and everything also sucks.

DeletedUser9601

For me it works quite well and I get 90% willows, like specified... but I am also not putting low culture buildings next to the MH :p
and yes I hid my builder :D
This is a great point. Everyone whining in this thread thinks neighborhood visits are a one-way street. They're not. If you want people to polish certain things, make it easy for that to happen. Put your largest, best culture near your main hall, and hide those silly little 2x2 buildings from 3 chapters ago down in a corner.
That might not be optimal city placement, so you can decide which you prefer: more consistent polishing of your preferred building, or saving a few squares of city space.

DeletedUser3468

This is a great point. Everyone whining in this thread thinks neighborhood visits are a one-way street. They're not. If you want people to polish certain things, make it easy for that to happen. Put your largest, best culture near your main hall, and hide those silly little 2x2 buildings from 3 chapters ago down in a corner.
That might not be optimal city placement, so you can decide which you prefer: more consistent polishing of your preferred building, or saving a few squares of city space.

This!!!
And (I know it's been said before but I can't stress it enough) please for the love of all that is good, if you want your builder buffed first, put it where it is not just easy to see but impossible to miss!!! I play in all 7 worlds, visit daily and I don't have time to waste looking for a builder that is hidden by trees or tall buildings or is placed on the opposite side of your city from your main hall (which is your second choice!) and is hidden too! There are Fellowship members in some of my cities whose Builders I'm still looking for! Disclaimer: Just Kidding! I've found them all now! (We'll just overlook the times that the builder actually has been in plain sight, close to the main hall but I didn't see it because... it couldn't be buffed and just blended in with everything else. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16690

This!!!
And (I know it's been said before but I can't stress it enough) please for the love of all that is good, if you want your builder buffed first, put it where it is not just easy to see but impossible to miss!!! I play in all 7 worlds, visit daily and I don't have time to waste looking for a builder that is hidden by trees or tall buildings or is placed on the opposite side of your city from your main hall (which is your second choice!) and is hidden too! There are Fellowship members in some of my cities whose Builders I'm still looking for! Disclaimer: Just Kidding! I've found them all now! (We'll just overlook the times that the builder actually has been in plain sight, close to the main hall but I didn't see it because... it couldn't be buffed and just blended in with everything else. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) :oops:
Lol, I'm a new member and started playing on my android, but my husband got me a pc since I'm handicapable and Elvenar helps me get "out"and"about ".If you have any suggestions on how to set up my city, I'd very much appreciate it!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
, If you were to visit me and polish a 2100 culture item when I have multiple temples available at 18,600 culture, don't expect me to visit you back

and again
it just seems silly to be bothered by this
maybe they could have helped more
but they didn't do any harm either
also
protip: if you don't want the 2100 culture item buffed
there is a handy button at the bottom of the page that will solve the problem
it looks like a dollar sign

DeletedUser3507

that 2100 culture item has 1960 pop and products 5k mana So are you nuts or just crazy? And is a premium item..lol
2018-04-28.png

DeletedUser3507

Toi delete a premium item like he/she says lol I would say that's nuts...Sorry that's the way I see it. I derive 50k mana from use of them per day about 1/4 of my mana output.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Toi delete a premium item like he/she says lol I would say that's nuts...Sorry that's the way I see it. I derive 50k mana from use of them per day about 1/4 of my mana output.
I would say it's not unfair to categorize doing anything mucksterme tells you to do as nuts. That doesn't mean muckster is nuts.