• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

People Can't Read or What?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15500
  • Start date

DeletedUser3507

Your comments, on deleting purchased pop culture is crazy nuts :p:D:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Loki does fine with the right audience....
Indubitably.

When someone says
pop culture
I think of
david-bowie-102.jpg

edeba

I think you missed cognitive processing, which you kind of described, and just overload. Going into cities is very busy so you have what you just did in the last one on your mind and cities are busy so they distract from the message. My most common mistake is clicking what the last city asked for.

There can be lots of reasons people don't click on what you want
  1. Rude - Intentionally avoiding your requests because they can
  2. Vindictive - Intentionally avoiding your requests because of some real or imagined offense you cause them
  3. Blind (some can overlap with speed reason)
    • Can't find XYZ building
    • Browser doesn't load properly/quickly so they guess what is under a hand
    • Requested name is hard to read. More precisely takes too long to read, especially when you get in a rythm
  4. Speed
    • Clicking anything they can
    • In a rhythm and reading requests takes too long
  5. Mistake - normally good but occasionally misses
For me city name requests are painful to read if your trying to be quick. Not in terms of the time to read but in terms that everyone does it different. You get codes are the front of names and back of names, some put H after B and M and some don't, some use separators and some don't, you also get word requests, some requests are out of date (requesting a culture building that they don't have anymore).

For me, the biggest contributor to me messing up someones request is a poorly written request in the town name. For those I visit often I eventually learn their quirks, for those I visit less often it comes down to luck.

DeletedUser

:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D
Thank you for this. My night needed a bit more Loki!

I Know.jpg
It's my pleasure. :)

But seriously...I try to honor the request, and if it's a neighbor that picks up my trades and visits me regularly, I don't mind hunting a bit for that request, especially if they've recently done some reorganizing. Outside of that, if someone requests something and I can't find it easily, I don't click anything. Don't make your visitors hunt, and don't phrase that request so that is seems like a demand. They're doing you a favor. Normally, I cringe when I see lazy typing, but "plz" goes a long way in this case. ;)

DeletedUser2824

They just need to take it one step further so that I set my preferences in a game setting and my visitors just click help, without needing to know my needs, just automate it. :rolleyes:

Been wanting that almost from the get go. Simple, cuts way down on steps and goes right down to the heart of matter instead of endless tweaking to work backwards from the symptoms, instead of addressing the cause. ;) Why should visitors have to spend more time trying to find out what everyone wants? I'd rather spend 30 seconds adjusting my preferences once in a great while (depending on how often I need to change it), instead of having everyone spend 3 to who-knows-how-many-seconds, depending on how long it takes to find a particularly hidden building, everyday.

Some days are rough, some are long, and some are both, and there are times when you're gonna make mistakes and click on the wrong building, not matter how hard you try. I'd rather save everyone some time and allow us to set our preferences ourselves. That way, I can keep my banner for my city's name (or maybe even funner messages). ;)

DeletedUser16555

I find giving as good as you get can change the whole dynamic of the I will polish yours if you polish mine game. Though sometimes I step it up to see what comes back around, and more often than not when you step up they do too. If not then they get the speed round.

enyinil

Here's another reason for helping the "wrong" thing: I have an automatic mouse clicker due to fibro/arthritis that makes my hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder hurt something fierce when I click too many times. Sometimes, just as a neighbor's city loads, the dang thing clicks on whatever happens to be under my cursor at the time. Oops! :)