• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Random manufacturing boosts

rvtdragon1

I got the special offer in all three of my cities. When I saw the offer I thought how great it was and immediately started producing goods. Then I checked the forum and saw that not everyone got it. My first thought was "lucky me." I went back to my cities and added MM spells to most of my manufactories. I gained a load of goods today. "Lucky me."

Salt for the previously mentioned goldfish, asparagus and popcorn. (Oh, and wounds.)

Last winter I was taught a lesson. I was very upset that I did not get the full Winter set for my main city. I ranted on the forum. I was very much put in my place. Then, with this past Spring event I could do no wrong. Got the entire set and more. I would play essence and get even more. played, got buildings, got everything. Even got a Wishing Well which has proven to be completely useless (20 or so days and no diamonds. Oh well, maybe next time.) It all evens out eventually. I am debating the next mini event. Not sure if I want to press my luck. I'm happy. These things are random and we have no control over them. Why? Because.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Holy Moly! I cannot believe this is still going :eek: The boost has been over for hours :rolleyes:

Your tone (a problem with this type of communication) has come across not only as demanding but also as a petulant child on the verge of a temper tantrum.

That is exactly what I was thinking but then I realized that I don't ever remember any of my 3 children going on & on & on this long. Hmmm :eek:

Anyway, I really appreciated the manufacturing boost day! :D I was really wiped out from tournaments and a bit disheartened that I wasn't going to be able to pull this week's tournament off at the level I want to. Now when I run myself out of troops I will have some inventory to cater. I also feel much better since I was able to do some good trades with my FS. THANK YOU INNO! :D:D:D

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Then I checked the forum and saw that not everyone got it.

I found out when I posted a chat message saying "hey guys notice the hour glass in the upper right"
and my AW said, "what hour glass"
then others chimed in saying they didn't get it
but no one whined about it

"aloud" should be "allowed"

it is considered bad form to correct grammar on the forum

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
edit: And to be clear, I have no desire to see you leave the forums, nor for you to stop posting. The forums deserve to have as broad a collection of opinions as possible. But I am under no obligation to agree with another person's opinions, nor to respect things that are opinions but which are stated as though they are facts. I'm generally pretty good about respecting other people's opinions, as long as we all behave like they are opinions. If someone acts like their opinion is a fact, I will be ruthless in my opposition.

this should be everyone's guiding principle
of course i personally add "never pass up a tempting straight line"

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello Everyone,

It seems I have been summoned. I am not sure what it is I can say to answer the OP question, but for some clarity purposes, I will chime in.

The momentary change that took place earlier, for selected individuals manufacturing producers, was a pilot offer done by Inno. An offer that is in no way under the control of the support team and it was offered on a limited scale. As with every offer that has taken place within the game, whether that be passed, on-going, or future, the offer is not given to every player base and the metrics used to identify those players is not something even I can tell you. Not everyone was meant to receive the limited offer at this time, thus they did not. There was a purpose in the action taken by Inno and that purpose have been completed.

It is unfortunate some of you were not among one of the lucky draws, but there is nothing support team can do about that. Within every company and every organization, there are different departments with different purposes and deciding who receives what offer is not within our reach.

With that said, I will like for everyone to remain respectful to each other and to stay on point.

Xelenia

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Hello Everyone,

It seems I have been summoned. I am not sure what it is I can say to answer the OP question, but for some clarity purposes, I will chime in.

The momentary change that took place earlier, for selected individuals manufacturing producers, was a pilot offer done by Inno. An offer that is in no way under the control of the support team and it was offered on a limited scale. As with every offer that has taken place within the game, whether that be passed, on-going, or future, the offer is not given to every player base and the metrics used to identify those players is not something even I can tell you. Not everyone was meant to receive the limited offer at this time, thus they did not. There was a purpose in the action taken by Inno and that purpose have been completed.

It is unfortunate some of you were not among one of the lucky draws, but there is nothing support team can do about that. Within every company and every organization, there are different departments with different purposes and deciding who receives what offer is not within our reach.

With that said, I will like for everyone to remain respectful to each other and to stay on point.

Xelenia

Not sure why you felt all that factual information and good sense would be helpful.
But hey, you gotta be you.

edeba

There wasn't happy chatter over this "thing" because people were left out. It was like talking about it in chat was like rubbing it in that others didn't get it.

In don't think that it is ever in anyone's interest to create attitudes like this.

DeletedUser12171

There wasn't happy chatter over this "thing" because people were left out. It was like talking about it in chat was like rubbing it in that others didn't get it.

In don't think that it is ever in anyone's interest to create attitudes like this.

Answer this question: is it ok when someone gets something nice and you don't? Why?

If it's random, it's random . You guys got unhappy because of your own jealousy/envy over what someone else got that you didn't. Don't sound good but that's what it is

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Answer this question: is it ok when someone gets something nice and you don't? Why?
If it's random, it's random . You guys got unhappy because of your own jealousy/envy over what someone else got that you didn't. Don't sound good but that's what it is
To be fair, someone can say that they don't think it's a great idea without being envious.
I didn't get the offer, and I don't care at all about that (I wouldn't have been home to use it anyways) but I do agree that since it is virtually guaranteed to make some players upset, it might not be a good idea to have more random things like this in the future.

I don't really see any upside to having random bonuses like this. What makes it better than giving it as a reward for a task, or giving it to everyone?

DeletedUser13255

Maybe Ellen should be taken off the air because she's always giving stuff to some people but not the whole world. And boy, that Oprah, pure GARBAGE for not giving everyone who ever watched her show a car.

That's not even remotely the same thing. This is a competitive game where people pay real money for advantages like diamonds. If you're going to compare it to a tv show, maybe compare it to a game show like Jeopardy where they give bonuses or clues to one player, and not the other. And then watch the person with the advantage win more money or points because of that advantage.

Apples and oranges.

DeletedUser12171

To be fair, someone can say that they don't think it's a great idea without being envious.
I didn't get the offer, and I don't care at all about that (I wouldn't have been home to use it anyways) but I do agree that since it is virtually guaranteed to make some players upset, it might not be a good idea to have more random things like this in the future.

I don't really see any upside to having random bonuses like this. What makes it better than giving it as a reward for a task, or giving it to everyone?

I agree. So the question is, knowing that an approach like this causes tension among players due to jealousy and envy, should they still do it?

I'll leave that discussion to the devs

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is a competitive game
It is? I think they forgot to tell many of us....
I agree. So the question is, knowing that an approach like this causes tension among players due to jealousy and envy, should they still do it?
I'll leave that discussion to the devs
Nuh uh, I think it's a good idea for players to discuss it rather than a handful of developers who don't even play the game;)
I'm hoping it is meant to be more than just random at some point. It would be a nice reward to add to the stupid FA!
Actually having it as a reward for finishing stage 1 is an excellent idea! Players could organise around it, grab the flag and crush out badges for 24h

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's not even remotely the same thing. This is a competitive game where people pay real money for advantages like diamonds. If you're going to compare it to a tv show, maybe compare it to a game show like Jeopardy where they give bonuses or clues to one player, and not the other. And then watch the person with the advantage win more money or points because of that advantage..
No, because the comparison stands. Some people are randomly selected to get extremely valuable gifts from Ellen, often tens of thousands of dollars. Nobody thinks they have the right to have the producers to explain to them why or how those selections were made. Not even the sponsors, who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for commericals and supports for the show.

The advantage gained from the production speed up was trivial in the context of the game. At best, someone who took maximum advantage got to run their productions 24 times instead of 9, if they had enough supplies to do so, because it didn't reduce the cost of the jobs, just the time they took to execute. Anyone who wanted that could have used diamonds to complete 24 consecutive productions one hour apart and got the same benefit. I'll repeat, the result was a trivial benefit in the context of the game. I didn't get it and don't care in the least. People need thicker skins.

DeletedUser12171

Nuh uh, I think it's a good idea for players to discuss it rather than a handful of developers who don't even play the game;)
Sure, soggy, I meant that I will be sitting out of this debate. Because the implementation of this feature doesn't really bother me and I'd rather sit back and relax ;)

Last edited by a moderator: