• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Open Sir Squirrel's Creative Art

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Ok @Elmanita , I see you have it in your one post, but it isn't set up in your signature page. Please click this link and read what I wrote there and look at the pictures there it will help you to understand where to paste it to make it work properly!

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-to-add-a-signature-explained-with-pictures.19505/
addgraphics.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

I was wondering if you had time, or the notion, to explain "your" process in creating the siggys you make? For me, it was always about the background and elements I was going to use...I would spend the most time combing the search engines for a piece(s) of art the would talk to me, and say "this is what you are looking for." Sadly, I don't feel that now, maybe because I don't spend all my time working on art. Even these recent sigs I did, I didn't feel like I was giving it 100% for some reason.
Just curious my friend.
My process is pretty much the same as what you said! I think my motivation comes more from the fact that I am making the signature for someone. So I want it to look great and will put a little extra time and effort into it to get it there. I don't usually make signatures just for the fun of it, because that isn't what drives me to make them. I make them so someone can enjoy a well done signature! (well done most times anyway! lol)
It makes me happy when someone I have made a signature for really likes it and can be proud to wear it around the forums. I know this wont help much, but it is what it is!
I also find that a lot of my better signatures are ones that the person wanting it had some ideas of what they wanted or gave me a little info about what they like!

Last edited:

DeletedUser20709

My process is pretty much the same as what you said! I think my motivation comes more from the fact that I am making the signature for someone. So I want it to look great and will put a little extra time and effort into it to get it there. I don't usually make signatures just for the fun of it, because that isn't what drives me to make them. I make them so someone can enjoy a well done signature! (well done most times anyway! lol)
That always made me happy,

It makes me happy when someone I have made a signature for really likes it and can be proud to wear it around the forums. I know this wont help much, but it is what it is!
I also find that a lot of my better signatures are ones that the person wanting it had some ideas of what they wanted or gave me a little info about what they like!
I ultimately found that it was never about them or me. It was always always about the art. it was always about me running thru fields, with my hands above my head, saying "Yes, this is exactly what you want.".
Whatever you are doing, to give yourself incentive, you are doing it right Sir Squirrel. I have done this for years, and made many people happy. I see that in you, sir. You are the People's Choice. It wont last brother. Embrace it. Hup Hup.

Sir Squirrel

I do seem to have the ability to kind of know (or feel) what some want in a signature as you say, after looking for pictures to use I have often though " yeah that is what they want!" So yeah I totally get what you are saying there!
At the moment I am the only one making custom signatures. Drundar was making them as well for a while, but he is taking a break from Elvenar and the forums for a bit. So I am not sure if I am the "peoples choice" or more just the "peoples only choice" lol.

Vergazi

So... @Sir Squirrel ...from what I can see following your work since I started on here last Dec it seems to me that you have a unique sense of what people are looking for and thought you might make a little time to make a custom signature for me. I don't need a avatar, mines okay I think..I kinda dig ourobouroi and the colors seems to work.

As far as a signature goes..originally I wrote a outline and some other material for a planned story that never got off the ground, but I had this character who was of an ancient race of wizard-artificers, the Vergazi (kinda imagine steampunk meets magic fantasy). The name kinda stuck in my head over the years and it seemed obvious to use in a game since it was original.

So basically I'm thinking Vergazi as a member of a sort of ancient race of semi-immortal wizard-engineers who are believed to be a species of half-elf (half elf and half ?) that rebelled against the gods and was cast out for their disrespect of nature (in the form of their machines). I kinda dig magical, enchanted machines artwork, but not too steampunk. If you want to do some form of figure in the signature here's a pic for inspiration. I imagine the wings are just a spell used for magic combat and if there's a way to insert some kind of fierce dragon of a similar art style to the right as if they're about to clash that would be terrific, but if it's logistically undoable I understand. Any colors I would leave up to your peerless muse. Thought, please no nuclear neons or bright pinks, yellows or such to burn out my retinas, =P oh, p.s. the Vergazi name needn't be that big, if you can pull it off I'd love to see the artwork without letters getting too much in the way of it, lol.

I hope that's enough ( egads did I say too much?! )
wingedelf.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Ok Vergazi, I will see what I can come up with! That is a cool picture, I will see if I can add a dragon in there for him to fight. Space can be an issue sometimes, but I will see what I can do. Thanks for the info, you have explained what you want very well so I should be able to come up with something you like!

Vergazi

Ok Vergazi, I will see what I can come up with! That is a cool picture, I will see if I can add a dragon in there for him to fight. Space can be an issue sometimes, but I will see what I can do. Thanks for the info, you have explained what you want very well so I should be able to come up with something you like!
If you have to "behead" a dragon to squeeze one in it's cool. Yeah, it's a tiny canvas and it speaks more I think to the artist that can really compose well within it's constraints.

Sir Squirrel

Ok @Vergazi , I did a rounded rectangle signature for you. If you don't like it I can mess around some more, but I thought I would show you what I have so far anyway and see If you like it or not!

Signature01
vergaziSig01.png

or brighter
vergaziSig02.png

Sig02 (with shadow)
vergaziSig03.png

or brighter
vergaziSig04.png

Last edited:

Vergazi

Ok @Vergazi , I did a rounded rectangle signature for you. If you don't like it I can mess around some more, but I thought I would show you what I have so far anyway and see If you like it or not!
Signature01
View attachment 5473
or brighter
View attachment 5474
Sig02 (with shadow)
View attachment 5475
or brighter
View attachment 5476
I love the bottom sig, but only one thing would it be possible to make the nameplate a bit smaller and a little higher just so it doesn't show the border through it? It seems to sort of wipe out part of the name in a weird way. Other than that if you could do one version with a red text similar to my avatar it would be great. Overall it's superb!

Sir Squirrel

Yeah I can mess with the name plate a bit more, no problem. I am glad you are happy with the rest of it and I see what you mean with the name being a little messed up as well, so I will work on that.

Sir Squirrel

Your very welcome Vergazi, I am glad you really like it. I will mess around with an Avatar to match and you can have it for when and if you want it.

Vergazi

Your very welcome Vergazi, I am glad you really like it. I will mess around with an Avatar to match and you can have it for when and if you want it.
Thanks again @Sir Squirrel . It really is stupendously beautiful. It's way more than I dreamed possible! I mean...it's so awesome it makes my eyes hurt cause they get dry I don't want to even blink and miss a second of it! Lol I can't wait to see the avatar after this masterpiece. It was that piece you did for @Elmanita that convinced me to ask you for your services. Prior to that I was unsure if anyone could quite capture close to the spirit of what I had in my head.Thank You @Sir Squirrel 1,000 times I absolutely <3 it!