• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Rewards

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Winter_Lampions.png

@crackie, fixed your Lampion problem.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You'll just have to keep alla your pretty lampions. (how on earth did you get SO many????)
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case. (If you don't want something, the game is programmed to give you more of it.)

Nearly spit out my wine when you offered to trade Lampions to @crackie in exchange for diamonds. *NEARLY* lol
But...but...they're both worth 100 vision vapors! I didn't even have to bring WWII, slavery, or bullies into this fair trade argument. She ran away on her own.

@crackie, fixed your Lampion problem.
At first, I thought, "5 :diamond: is a good start, but it's missing 2 zeroes." Then I saw some on the ground too. Does your version grow diamonds on its own and then fall when they're ripe, signaling they're ready for harvest? I can get behind this. The Shenanigan Elves approves of this approach to solving the wintery themed outdoor light decorations problem.

Deleted User - 1178646

Having artifacts as part of the rewards of playing spire in my opinion is just wrong. Your basically forcing players to take these artifacts as winnings when most don't even want them. If you want to have artifacts put hem in the MA. This way the players have a choice if they want them. I play spire hoping for spire related rewards or buildings like the library. NOT ARTIFACTS!!!

SN0W
In each event / spire and other part of the game there will be prizes that are loved for 1 player and hated by the other and vice versa.
Not every prize has to be to your liking. this what makes it interesting for everyone.

A clear example of this are the relics in the tournaments.
They are awesome for new players, but totally useless for players like me who has hundreds of thousands of them.
Similar with wonder runes. I have like 30.000 of them. but to others they are valuable.

The main question should be is the spire without the artefact still interesting for you.
If the answer is yes. that thats the answer you need.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case. (If you don't want something, the game is programmed to give you more of it.)

But...but...they're both worth 100 vision vapors! I didn't even have to bring WWII, slavery, or bullies into this fair trade argument. She ran away on her own.

At first, I thought, "5 :diamond: is a good start, but it's missing 2 zeroes." Then I saw some on the ground too. Does your version grow diamonds on its own and then fall when they're ripe, signaling they're ready for harvest? I can get behind this. The Shenanigan Elves approves of this approach to solving the wintery themed outdoor light decorations problem.
Just don't stand directly under it when the ripe Diamonds drop, you might get smacked in the head.

Deleted User - 1178646

Trades, exchanges, and a selection option would fix the problem for unwanted items. It'd make it super interesting as well.
No it creates a bogmire of exploits.
You can turn unwanted items to spellfragments and use those to create new items.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
in the beginning or evo buildings, artifacts were impossible to get once the event ended. Made it incredibly hard for anyone that didnt get all the artifacts they needed or wernt able to finish the whole quest line. For new players it was impossible to get. - Then they added the 2 artifacts in a following FA, which was nice for those that came up a little short in the event.

But adding them to the spire was a big deal for ppl wanting/needing artifacts. And one that made sense. Still have to earn them; there not free. But not impossibly hard to get either. It also is an option that lets inno rotate the available artifacts. Which means if your after a specific artifact then its only a matter of time until it shows up. - Its also nice to have them even if your not planning on using that evo building. Never know when your needs might change one day. Also never know when an adjustment might make one suddenly useful for you. - And if you truly truly dont want to hold on to them, you can get a good amount of fragments from them.

So other then the randomness of rewards... i see no issue with having artifact in spire at all.
If there was somehting i wanted removed it would be those damn portal proft spells from the boss chests and epic purple chests... But apparently there are ppl that even like those'

Deleted User - 1178646

in the beginning or evo buildings, artifacts were impossible to get once the event ended. Made it incredibly hard for anyone that didnt get all the artifacts they needed or wernt able to finish the whole quest line. For new players it was impossible to get. - Then they added the 2 artifacts in a following FA, which was nice for those that came up a little short in the event.

But adding them to the spire was a big deal for ppl wanting/needing artifacts. And one that made sense. Still have to earn them; there not free. But not impossibly hard to get either. It also is an option that lets inno rotate the available artifacts. Which means if your after a specific artifact then its only a matter of time until it shows up. - Its also nice to have them even if your not planning on using that evo building. Never know when your needs might change one day. Also never know when an adjustment might make one suddenly useful for you. - And if you truly truly dont want to hold on to them, you can get a good amount of fragments from them.

So other then the randomness of rewards... i see no issue with having artifact in spire at all.
If there was somehting i wanted removed it would be those damn portal proft spells from the boss chests and epic purple chests... But apparently there are ppl that even like those'
everyone not at the end of the tech tree that could use them very well?
It's a really grat prize to get 50% pp when you are in the orcs/fairies chapter ect.

SN0W

Thanks for all the great replies. So you are ok with when you complete the spire and for all your hard work you get a May Tree artifact or a pp? Im sure most are not. As far as having the artifacts in the spire I would not mind much if they were actually ones that have a need. I have not seen Phoenix or bear artifacts in the spire, but you can get them in the MA for a steep price! And a far and few between rate at that. The ones that show up in the spire are the ones inno is pushing. It may be trivial, but I think it would be nice to get a reward worth your efforts.

Raccon

Thanks for all the great replies. So you are ok with when you complete the spire and for all your hard work you get a May Tree artifact or a pp? Im sure most are not. As far as having the artifacts in the spire I would not mind much if they were actually ones that have a need. I have not seen Phoenix or bear artifacts in the spire, but you can get them in the MA for a steep price! And a far and few between rate at that. The ones that show up in the spire are the ones inno is pushing. It may be trivial, but I think it would be nice to get a reward worth your efforts.
As crackie mentioned, most of the time you get what you don't need. For example; I won a second base queen fairy's retreat in the good old days when you could get a second base within the event's quest line, I belive it was 7-8 months ago. During all these months I won 4 ginger bread cookies, 4 or 5 Easter island statues and some flowers and a bear artifacts from the spire but, not even one queen fairy's retreat artifact for the base I already had. Except for that single bear artifact, I have no use for any other artifacts as the city space is very limited to build them all plus it's not worth to build an evolving building with just 2 or 3 artifacts (except for bears and phoenix buildings which you can find/craft their artifacts often in MA).
On the ther hand, when I crafted my Fire phoenix in the MA I had to craft every single one of it's 9 artifacts to finally have it fully evolved after 7 months while the ginger bread cookies, Easter island statues etc.. were cheeleading my struggle to make one phoenix artifact every 3 weeks!

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm ok with getting prizes I don't want...because I know someone else does want... 3 silly dwarven armorers. They aren't even good for frags. I'm a little put out by spell frags being replaced with silly sips of clarity that can't be fragged at all but a lot of people seem to like those too.

Raccon

Lots of players would trade your dwarven armorers if there was a way to do so. Something like a trader for buildings and artifacts.

Sprite1313

I'm ok with getting prizes I don't want...because I know someone else does want... 3 silly dwarven armorers. They aren't even good for frags. I'm a little put out by spell frags being replaced with silly sips of clarity that can't be fragged at all but a lot of people seem to like those too.
o_O I’m guessing your play style is predominantly catering?… I love the DA. Toss a DA down with the other boost buildings from the MA, and a tournament is much less costly, which means I get more KP :)

But definitely agree with you - something I don’t like may be somebody else’s favourite. (and it certainly feels like Crackie is right - you always seem to get what you don’t really need).

everyone not at the end of the tech tree that could use them very well?
It's a really grat prize to get 50% pp when you are in the orcs/fairies chapter ect.

I don’t mind the PPs as prizes, either, I just wish the boss PPs were higher percentages. It seems odd to me that a random bonus chest will give you a 15%-50%, but the boss you actually have to fight gives you a 10%.