• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Solstice Feedback

DeletedUser3602

When I first got the ´20 encounters or 200 provinces´ quest, it also only showed the progress bar for the completed provinces. But after some time it magically changed into a progress bar for encounters and I was able to finish it quite easily.
And I agree with qaccy that it would become very unbalanced if top players received the same bonuses as new players. The more advanced you are the more expensive things get, culture requirements go up etc, so they need a bigger bonus to be able to do something with it. (I´m only in chapter III by the way)
And in my opinion it´s only fair that players that pay for diamonds get a better deal. What else would they be buying diamonds for?

DeletedUser2191

If the event prizes were the same regardless of what chapter you were in, that would inherently either make them worthless to those were were very advanced (which would prompt complaints from those players), or extremely, game-breakingly powerful for those who weren't at that point yet (which, again, would prompt complaints from higher players). Taking it to its extreme, imagine having a 2300 culture, 2300 population culture building when you're in chapter 1. That doesn't seem a little unbalanced to you? But I guess, based on the situations I outlined, the higher up players are going to complain no matter what. I only go on these forums very occasionally, and it's because there are so many overly entitled whiners here, turning it into a place of constant negativity, that it's just not a very fun place to be. People need to grow up and quit whining about literally everything that happens in the game, seriously. I'm having fun with the game, why can't you people? If you're not having fun, shut up and quit. Games are for entertainment; if being here is torture then it's really your own fault that you're subjecting yourself to it. Inno isn't forcing you to stay here.

I'm going back to the game and getting out of this cesspool since it gives me a headache reading all the whining.

So it's Ok for Inno to implement blockades of all sorts slowing down or stopping player's progress but it's not Ok for them to give player's a bonus advantage once for a change? Unfairness FTW in your opinion.

DeletedUser1590

SOMEONE WANNA EXPLAIN THE CHEST DISAPPEARING THING?
Clearly I'm not understanding something with this thing.
GOLD CHEST says: gone forever in 4:55
EPISODIC EVENT says: quest has the same number next to it, but says it won't be available until tomorrow.
EVENT SAYS: this thing goes on for 3 weeks.

So WTH is going to happen with the current gold chest? Is it going to be replaced with a new one, or are you simply SOL?

And what garbage do you get if you don't get any of the ones that have a %age chance listed?

DeletedUser3602

GOLD CHEST says: gone forever in 4:55
EPISODIC EVENT says: quest has the same number next to it, but says it won't be available until tomorrow.
EVENT SAYS: this thing goes on for 3 weeks.

And what garbage do you get if you don't get any of the ones that have a %age chance listed?

1. GOLD CHEST. The chest won´t be gone forever, but the daily exclusive building you could be rewarded when opening one. Or in the case of a golden chest you could be rewarded 3. Since it says daily exclusive, I´m assuming that tomorrow there´ll be a different building.
2. EPISODIC EVENT QUEST: Every day a new quest will unlock in this questline that you will be able to solve. You can only play 1 of these a day
3. EVENT: yes the event will go on for 3 weeks
4. Garbage: I don´t think you can be rewarded anything else than what´s on the list that pops up when you hover over an event chest.

DeletedUser627

I have only two Cities, One in Orcs with 224 provinces completed and the other a baby in mid level 2 with 35 provinces completed. The same SS quest for the larger city is gain 9 Relics ie: 9 encounters, but the small world is Solve 20 encounters or have at least 200 provinces. This is ass backwards.

I got both of those quests, not just one of them.

DeletedUser627

I'm going back to the game and getting out of this cesspool since it gives me a headache reading all the whining.

Yes, it's pretty negative. But, over months and months, it's a changing group of players with complaints. We start with one group politely asking for changes, then nothing happens and they complain more vocally. Finally, after no mitigation nor meaningful interaction, they give up. Meanwhile there's another group of players coming along, and they follow the same process. Then again.

What's notably missing is any repeat crew of enthusiastic cheerleaders. And the individuals who started off feeling positive, or trying to look on the positive side, eventually get worn down by the barrage of poor Inno decisions.

It's not like we're happy about being disappointed. Some of the most vocal critics are well-known in their fellowships for being encouraging, considerate and positive in their outlook. Fellowships are the place to enjoy interaction, right? The Forum is where we talk about the game itself. By definition, it's going to be full of critical thought.

DeletedUser2753

I have only two Cities, One Wynandar in Orcs with 224 provinces completed and the other a baby in mid Chapter 2 with 35 provinces completed. The Chapter III Chest is for 30 only, The same SS quest for the larger city is gain 9 Relics ie: 9 encounters, but the smaller city in Elcysandir is to Solve 20 encounters or have at least 200 provinces. This is backwards and unbalanced since no one will have scouted 20 additional provinces at this stage of play.

My mistake 20 encounters is 2 + provinces. Which is still unbalanced ie: twice but it can be argued it is easier for the smaller city

I read it wrong 20 encounters is 2+Provinces so it is unbalanced but easier to do early on... MY OOPS

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1987

I wish they'd given more warning of the Summer Solstice. I was sure I could finish my current provinces I had unlocked and then unlock more over the two weeks from beta to live but no, it was less than two weeks this time. I'm not sure I'll have enough provinces unlocked when I reach the 20 encounters challenge to complete 20 encounters.

DeletedUser3297

Out of the five worlds I have, I decided to pay for some moon splinters in felyndral. I opened the chests and got nothing! The other 4 worlds, which I didn't pay a dime for, I opened the chests and got spells, rune shards, flower cages, etc. This is a ridiculous quest that is counter intuitive to getting you to buy things. I'll never buy a thing for this game again. Thanks inno for screwing me

DeletedUser3312

I am now shut down for a few days. unless I pay diamonds to complete all the spells I have lined up to produce. have to do a power of provision and yesterday afternoon started Production spells. those take a LONG time to finish.... and I refuse to hurry them up by paying a ton of diamonds to do so. sheesh.... no birdcages yet. but I did get 20 kp for opening the middle chest. now to twiddle thumbs for about 5 days. then I'll cast a power of provision and see what else is there to stall me out for another week. this is very discouraging and I'm thinking, I'll just forget about messing with it at all.

sigh... just realized I can cancel the goods spells. will lose all those relics but.. I'd rather do that than wait 5 days to continue the dang summer fun here. Leaving this just in case there are others there with the same concern. smiles

DeletedUser2753

Question: Do Moon Splinters accumulate or is the counter reset each day back to Zero? I assume they accumulate.
Guess we will all find out shortly

Update: Question Answered by events.

DeletedUser3616

When I first got the ´20 encounters or 200 provinces´ quest, it also only showed the progress bar for the completed provinces. But after some time it magically changed into a progress bar for encounters and I was able to finish it quite easily.

My progress bar flipped over from the 200 provinces to the 20 encounters after solving a 5th encounter.

Maz Mellor

If the event prizes were the same regardless of what chapter you were in, that would inherently either make them worthless to those were were very advanced (which would prompt complaints from those players), or extremely, game-breakingly powerful for those who weren't at that point yet (which, again, would prompt complaints from higher players). Taking it to its extreme, imagine having a 2300 culture, 2300 population culture building when you're in chapter 1.

I have to say I agree with qaccy on this. I think they're doing the right thing scaling the reward buildings to the current circumstances of each player.

Some of the most vocal critics are well-known in their fellowships for being encouraging, considerate and positive in their outlook. Fellowships are the place to enjoy interaction, right? The Forum is where we talk about the game itself. By definition, it's going to be full of critical thought.

However, I also applaud bobbipiazza for making this point, and take some exception to qaccy's exceedingly negative characterization of the Forum in general. That I am a fan of the game should be obvious since I play daily, run a fellowship, post here regularly, and spend actual money on diamonds from time to time. I also extend a helping hand to new players, both in-game and here in the Forum, and speak out when I'm feeling enthusiastic about things (like this Summer Solstice event, which I'm actually really stupidly jazzed about). But I speak out when I think something is unfair or ill-judged too, precisely because I like the game and want it—and its awesome community of players—to thrive. If that sounds like a bunch of undifferentiated whining to you, qaccy... well, sorry, not sorry. I think that one post of yours packed more negativity per pixel than all my critiques of the game put together.

Did I mention that I'm really stupidly excited about the Solstice event? The poor timing of the orc requirement, the orc storyline, the newly increased difficulty of obtaining rune shards—these issues all still bother me, and (IMHO) remain to be addressed by Inno. No special event is going to change that. But I also love prizes! And new loading-screen graphics! And extra questlines! Bring it, Solstice!! :cool:

DeletedUser1016

and it's because there are so many overly entitled whiners here, turning it into a place of constant negativity, that it's just not a very fun place to be. People need to grow up and quit whining about literally everything that happens in the game, seriously. I'm having fun with the game, why can't you people? If you're not having fun, shut up and quit. Games are for entertainment; if being here is torture then it's really your own fault that you're subjecting yourself to it. Inno isn't forcing you to stay here. I'm going back to the game and getting out of this cesspool since it gives me a headache reading all the whining.

HA....look who's WHINING about the whiners!!!!

I totally agree with you - if you don't like what's said here then you shouldn't be here...go away please!

But I also speak out when I think something is unfair or ill-judged, precisely because I like the game and want it—and its awesome community of players—to thrive. If that sounds like a bunch of undifferentiated whining to you, qaccy... well, sorry, not sorry. I think that one post of yours packed more negativity per pixel than all my critiques of the game put together.
....well, I couldn't say it any better Maz Mellor ! Thank you very much for your "constructive" & positive comments...

DeletedUser3312

Question. a FS member has won a rainbow flower cage and does not know anything about it. where do you collect it, how do you use it, what is the benefit. thanks!

DeletedUser1016

Question. a FS member has won a rainbow flower cage and does not know anything about it. where do you collect it, how do you use it, what is the benefit. thanks!
It's a 1x1 cultural/population building and can be found in your inventory [sack] icon at the center, bottom of your screen, there is a new tab added to the spells for new buildings acquired. The value of the rainbow flower cage varies depending on what chapter the player is in.

DeletedUser3297

Out of the five worlds I have, I decided to pay for some moon splinters in felyndral. I opened the chests and got nothing! The other 4 worlds, which I didn't pay a dime for, I opened the chests and got spells, rune shards, flower cages, etc. This is a ridiculous quest that is counter intuitive to getting you to buy things. I'll never buy a thing for this game again. Thanks inno for screwing me

Figured out that I won 30 inspiring meditation spells. Who cares about that garbage? I am on here at least 3 times a day, it's not like I need to increase my KP limit. If I am not on here for more than a day, I will probably never come back. Glad I only wasted $3 on that garbage before figuring out that it's a game of luck. Whats the point of giving any effort into this if you may or may not get the prize you want? Very disappointed with this quest