• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Solstice Feedback

DeletedUser2334

I have been playing on beta so I have had this contest going on for a while. Here is what I can report:

5. I can't figure out why they offered the moon splinters before the contest even started. You'd think people would want to buy them after the contest has started.

Very helpful, Thanks! Also agree about the moon splinters: I got this offer "buy now or lose out." The only thing is I didn't know what I was buying or if it was worth it. Seems like bad marketing to me...

pirateowl76

Finally, a site event! :D But I've just started it and already I fear it may be over for me. :(

"Solve 20 encounters (or have at least 200 provinces)." :eek:

I'm nearly done with the Fairy chapter and have acquired 149 provinces. Even with weeks of storing up, I don't have nearly enough resources to trade (I don't fight) for 20 encounters, plus it takes about half a day just to scout a new province.

I thought there were eight "encounters" per province? Meaning I'd have to acquire 2.5 provinces? But after I acquired an entire province (eight trades), the event progress told me I'd solved only ONE new encounter (it went up from 148 to 149 out of 200). That means I'll need to acquire 19 more provinces, meaning, what, 152 more trades?? :eek: When it now routinely takes over 1000 goods per trade, and around 10-12 hours per scouting mission? (Yes, I belong to a guild. Still doesn't help enough with acquiring goods.)

I wonder what made the game planners think this was doable. I imagine it's difficult as well for newbies who are low on resources. Looks like I was completely wrong about what an "encounter" is, and will be missing out on my first event. :(

ETA--I wasn't wrong! From the Elvenar Wiki:

"No matter how you get the Relic, it will always increase your knowledge! In other words, for every Encounter you solve, you will receive a Knowledge Point you can spend in Research Tree, to unlock technologies faster, or invest in [Ancient Wonders]. The World Map is a great source of knowledge, you will see!"

Meaning there are indeed eight "encounters" per province. And the event is requesting me to solve twenty encounters, and I've solved eight. So how come, when I solved eight encounters, in the event it only counted as one?? o_O

Is it just that the progress bar for this quest is wonky (only taking number of provinces acquired into account)? If so then maybe they should clarify that... :oops:

Maz Mellor

Is it just that the progress bar for this quest is wonky (only taking number of provinces acquired into account)? If so then maybe they should clarify that... :oops:

Yep, that's it. The progress bar counts provinces, not encounters. But the quest will complete once you have solved 20 encounters. I learned this the hard way, of course, once I'd lost count of the number of encounters I'd already solved....

pirateowl76

When I first got the ´20 encounters or 200 provinces´ quest, it also only showed the progress bar for the completed provinces. But after some time it magically changed into a progress bar for encounters and I was able to finish it quite easily.

Hm, I think maybe this answers my previous histrionic post.

Still would be good if the description was clarified. This particular quest REALLY freaked me out with the way it's currently phrased/laid out.

ETA, crossposted:

Yep, that's it. The progress bar counts provinces, not encounters. But the quest will complete once you have solved 20 encounters. I learned this the hard way, of course, once I'd lost count of the number of encounters I'd already solved....

Thanks!

DeletedUser1053

A lot of people are confused about the 20 encounters/200 provinces quest. The quest bar shows whichever you have closest. One of my fellowship members had 50 provinces completed. I suggested he finish 6 encounters and it would switch to encounters as that would then have a higher percentage completion, ie. greater than 25% in his case. That happened. I remember this from the last event where it was one or the other. I hope leaders will let their members know that this is the case.

DeletedUser61

That means I'll need to acquire 19 more provinces, meaning, what, 152 more trades??
The bar is a bit strange, but if you have FEWER than 197.5 Provinces, the quest will complete as soon have you have 20 encounters. If you already have 198 Provinces, then you'll only need 16 encounters.

The bar actually makes more sense for lower level players, because it display the higher of the two percentages.
  • 19 provinces of 200 might be your starting point (it would show as 19/200 or 9.5%
  • 0 encounters of 20 would be your starting point (it would not show)
  • 2 encounters of 20 would be a HIGHER ratio, so the display bar would flip over to 2/20 or 10%, and it would show
So it's mostly confusing because a lot of us are within spitting distance of 200 provinces.

I'd MUCH rather see an Encounters bar ALL of the time, and if there's not enough headroom to fit in the entire 20 encounters, then simply change the top number to 0 of 16 (rather than 20), if you already have 198 provinces. Somebody was trying to be helpful, but they missed the mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1053

Yes Kat. I thought I had stated that, but the more specific numbers you give probably illustrate the point better than I did.

DeletedUser627

I'm nearly done with the Fairy chapter and have acquired 149 provinces. Even with weeks of storing up, I don't have nearly enough resources to trade (I don't fight) for 20 encounters, plus it takes about half a day just to scout a new province.

Pirate, I was interested by your statement, and went to checkout your city. It's very attractive. And brings up an interesting point about playing style and the event.

You've chosen to be heavily invested in culture, and minimally invested in goods. As players, we like to validate a wide range of styles - including yours. I find it pretty fascinating that you can progress through Fairy with so few manufactories and expansions! But contests like this Event and the Tournament are geared toward players who are more traditional - who have units to fight, and ease of goods for negotiating. You may experience lots of frustration as it proceeds.

DeletedUser

Bobby, quest worked for me on Khelonaar where I have a Magic Academy (and never use it).

DeletedUser3040

Did anyone else wait 15 hours for the produce 1 power of provision spell in the solstice questline and not even receive credit when they collected it? I have 33 of that spell now because I unlocked a ton of them from a chest yesterday. But I guess I'm stuck unless I luck into one during neighborly help, or it finally decides to accept the ones I produce.

Edit. The rune shards I won were for ctystal lighthouse, as well. But I can break them, so it's not a complete loss.

That was in Fel. My human city on Khelonaar has the same problem. Produce Power of Provision one time. I collected it, my PoP count went from 5 to 6, even got the notification of a new item in the tool bag, but it didn't accept it for the Solstice questline in either of my cities, so I don't know. Try again, I guess. See you in 15 hours.

DeletedUser627

That was in Fel. My human city on Khelonaar has the same problem. Produce Power of Provision one time. I collected it, my PoP count went from 5 to 6, even got the notification of a new item in the tool bag, but it didn't accept it for the Solstice questline in either of my cities, so I don't know. Try again, I guess. See you in 15 hours.

try reporting. it may be fasterthan the 15 hours

DeletedUser1836

The produce power of spell is not working on Felyndral for some users have not been able to identify a pattern. Some had the spell ready to harvest, some purchased the spell with diamonds and some waited the 12+hrs overnight and it did not count. I did try all 3 with no good results. It worked on Arendyll though.

try reporting. it may be fasterthan the 15 hours

I have tried purchasing with diamonds and waiting the 12+hrs to produce the spell it did not count towards the solstice quest.

DeletedUser1349

i am in both us4 khelonaar and us3 felyndel. i woke up this morning clicked off the provision spell, completed quest with no trouble. onward and upward. event working great for me so far.

DeletedUser3040

I put in a support ticket about the problem and the green check mark appeared over the quest in both cities just now. On to spend 15 KP.