• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Solstice Feedback

DeletedUser3839

Heres a fun fact, I sent in a ticket way back when I finished the episodic quests asking how it would be possible to get to the second prize even if I played all the dailies. I was told I couldnt unless I won splinters in the dailies, however with the days left x 35 splinters per day I would at least get 3 more gold chests to try for it. I played. I paid. Now Im left with over a day and no way to get another chest because the number of quests ran out before the total days??? Get it together Inno!!

DeletedUser3312

Do not introduce the randomness factor in an event such as this, and all of a sudden you have half the portion of the playerbase who is unwilling to spend any money in the game, claiming the event is giving a clear advantage to those willing to pay.

Oh my... you do enjoy playing devil's advocate and say the sun is blue just to argue....

DeletedUser3312

You mean the sun isnt blue? Dang rose colored glasses. I guess I didnt win the diamond lottery either????

I bought the diamond lottery and still didn't win! smiles... The odds were stacked too high against everyone. But I learned a valuable lesson. lol... don't spend money on this silly game anymore!

DeletedUser486

Oh my... you do enjoy playing devil's advocate and say the sun is blue just to argue...
I don't. I simply understand the dynamics of the different portions of the playerbase. Giving clear advantages to players who are willing to pay doesn't sit well with those who are unwilling to spend money on the game. Such is the case with every gaming community, ever.

Introducing RNG in the rewards of a quest or an event is not done only because it's the proper marketing tactic; it's done because it keeps the most people happy. Every other scenario leaves part of the playerbase unhappy, because it strips them from even the chance of getting the same rewards at the same rate as those who are spending diamonds.

Does buying chests only to get lesser rewards than your neighbors suck? Certainly. Is it the correct approach by InnoGames? Absolutely. RNG is a core element in games who can support events where you win prizes.

DeletedUser1349

so basically some posters are complaining that inno gave you some free stuff, but due to luck 1) inno didn't give you enough free stuff and 2) inno gave lucky players more and 3) players who diamond stuff got even more if they were lucky.

<rolls eyes>

i'm sure inno's next event will be even better!

in other news, bobby, why do i get the impression that the magic academy is like complaining about orcs requirements. the writing is on the wall. build one. how many hints from inno does it take?

DeletedUser3610

Giving clear advantages to players who are willing to pay doesn't sit well with those who are unwilling to spend money on the game.
People with plenty of money getting more than people who don't have that much money is a fact of life. In this game players with money already have many advantages over players without money and are getting more and more advantages with every new release. So it's not like Inno is trying to quell that in any way, on the contrary. I personally don't care if people buy their city from scratch, rather then build it over time, and then just come look at it every day. It doesn't affect me in any way (I don't care about rank or "winning" because I find it a weird concept in this kind of game). On the other hand, people who spend the same amount of money/expend the same amount of effort getting different results is unfair. And I (and judging by the posts in this thread obviously also many other people here) hate unfairness.
Introducing RNG in the rewards of a quest or an event is not done only because it's the proper marketing tactic; it's done because it keeps the most people happy. Every other scenario leaves part of the playerbase unhappy
Have you read the thread? Because clearly this scenario leaves a (big) part of the playerbase unhappy.*shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

I think we're all making our opinions clear here. I still have a question from the above:

Which players would be unhappy if the daily rewards were offered in a non-random manner?
  • Payers, "great, I'm getting the reward for free".
  • Non-payers, "great, I'm getting the reward for free".

For example, if we all woke tomorrow with a 50-diamond gift, everyone would be pleased. If we all woke up tomorrow, and some got 10 and some got 20 and some got 60...there would be an uproar.

DeletedUser3468

Why is there no daily quest for the last day? I struggled to complete yesterdays daily quest, expecting there to be one more for the last day and when I finally finish yesterdays... nothing. Not happy at being just 20 points shy of another gold chest and a slim chance at the second big prize.

DeletedUser3312

Why is there no daily quest for the last day? I struggled to complete yesterdays daily quest, expecting there to be one more for the last day and when I finally finish yesterdays... nothing. Not happy at being just 20 points shy of another gold chest and a slim chance at the second big prize

Many people have asked the same thing. The mods have not explained the reason for the decision to cut the contest short. Some of us were 2 days short and who knows there may be some that were even 3 days short. VERY frustrating!!! But Inno like frustrating players it seems. They do it quite often.

DeletedUser2764

well it dont matter any more to me,I am very pissed off at inno,they suck!they ended this contest way to early and left some people hanging and no way to get that third rock without spending a fortune and I hope no one does,inno can stick that third rock where the sun dont shine!

DeletedUser3297

Same prize two days in a row. The observatory... It's a great building, and I wish I had more chances to win it, sadly I can't because of no more quests. So it's kind of a slap in the face, dangling a prize just out of reach and saying hahaha, you can't have me

DeletedUser43

in other news, bobby, why do i get the impression that the magic academy is like complaining about orcs requirements. the writing is on the wall. build one. how many hints from inno does it take?

I still have a choice about the magic academy and I won't harm my city. So, um...no.

Regarding the Orc requirement, they asked for feedback and said they would revisit it if it turned out to be screwing things up. It is. People quit because of that requirement. It is a bad requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2522

I like the summer solstice event idea. I do. I thought the quests were pretty fun, and the three grand prizes are definitely worth trying for.

HOWEVER. The way this event was done is outrageous. To not have quests last through the entirety of the event is unfathomable. I see no reason why I should have no quests whatsoever for the last 2 days. I mean, it was one thing to run out of the constant quest line one after the other. But then to run out of the daily quest line? Asinine.

Inno, you completely messed up here. The second grand prize is attainable only if you have the luck of the draw. I'm only 165/200 for that. The third prize is impossible without purchasing diamonds.... and the purchase price is insane!! You can buy culture buildings that give better perks for less money. It's ridiculous.

My feedback is that this event had soooo much potential and you royally screwed it up and made everyone in my fellowship very, very upset and angry. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Well said......

DeletedUser3312

Same prize two days in a row. The observatory... It's a great building, and I wish I had more chances to win it, sadly I can't because of no more quests. So it's kind of a slap in the face, dangling a prize just out of reach and saying hahaha, you can't have me

At least you got one of them. smiles.. I was able to open a bronze chest and got gold shards or whatever they are and more mystic potions. I won't ever run out of them lol... well I doubt I ever use them so... oh well. it's life and I still show that I have 20 silver shards trying to dazzle me. blech on that....

Randomness is annoying, but as Malfiore was saying, RNG is apart of every game everywhere, even more so in F2P games. Kill a boss, one player gets [super rare item] on first kill, another player doesn't have it after 100 kills. It's simply a part of games and it's okay for some players to have more "stuff" than others.

That being said, here is how I would have designed the event:

1) Get rid of the daily buildings and the chests. Instead, make the event into a sort of store. Every daily building is listed in the store for a certain price of moon shards. You can buy whichever building you want, once you have enough moon shards, but limit the number of each building that you can own, probably 1 for the best ones and 5 for the 1x1 buildings.

2) Unlimited quests available ranging in difficulty with the most difficult giving the most moon shards. You can skip the quests, but probably need to complete the hardest ones to afford the best buildings. Higher tier players have an easier time completing the hardest quests.

3) Use your moon shards to buy the building of your choice and every moon shard spent turns into a sun shard which goes toward unlocking best buildings. The grand prize probably requires you to unlock every single other building, or at least very close.

4) To keep some random fun in the event, every building you unlock gives you a chest to open. Inside the chest are the current random rewards (minus daily buildings) but in addition, they add a few VERY nice but VERY rare building prizes that you have a slim chance of receiving.

5) For those that don't have time or desire to diligently work on quests, they can buy moon shards at reasonable price so that the total cost of buildings like the Glossy Garden is similar to other bought buildings. I probably wouldn't allow the grand prize to be bought outright but if someone had the desire and money, they could buy all the other buildings to unlock the grand prize. You could also probably buy various packs of chests for those that wanted to play the lottery for the super rare buildings. Maybe even allow you to use moon shards to buy chests if you didn't care about the other buildings available or if you had completed the grand prize already.

The way I see it, this event would reward the players who have worked hard to get to a higher tier (not me) as well as those who were willing to login diligently. It would also reward those with excess cash laying around (also not me) as it should in any F2P game. My favorite F2P games are ones where it is possible to achieve the same thing with paying or not paying as long as you put in the effort. Paying should always be the lazy way out....not always faster, but some cases are okay. At the same time, EVERYONE could get every prize, some easier than others, and the rewards would be equal across all tiers. A brand new player starting out may be able to work super hard all event and just barely earn the Glossy Garden but nothing else. Sure it is a HUGE boost for them, but good for them for earning it. Some one else may earn every building with 5 days to go and just blow shards on chests. The random chests would still add fun and occasionally the fellowship could rejoice together as 1 person got the rare building and Inno would still get their money as people played the lottery or were lazy.

Just my thoughts.

DeletedUser3297

At least you got one of them. smiles.. I was able to open a bronze chest and got gold shards or whatever they are and more mystic potions. I won't ever run out of them lol... well I doubt I ever use them so... oh well. it's life and I still show that I have 20 silver shards trying to dazzle me. blech on that....

I got one in Winyandor and 1 in Khelonaar, both of those are my lowest ranked human and elven cities. I really wanted one in Felyndral, but between all of my cities I did get everything I wanted. I just wish I could look at them all at the same time :p

DeletedUser486

Have you read the thread? Because clearly this scenario leaves a (big) part of the playerbase unhappy.*shrug*
Yes, I have.

My point is, I find it unreasonable to think RNG has no place in events like this, when it should be its very core to preserve balance among the portions of the playerbase. Not everyone is familiar with such marketing tactics. Players are unhappy when they turn out to be unlucky in their prizes; they shouldn't, however, be unhappy for the introduction of the randomness factor.

That's the summary of my point.