• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Constructs!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Interesting, the armory only gains two levels this chapter. That means either we have reached an end, or something unusual is happening next chapter.

This is not new. The Armory only got two levels in chapter 6 and two levels in chapter 7 as well. And no levels in chapter 9. Did all the original players also think something unusual was happening when the Woodelves were introduced in chapter 9 with no new upgrade for the armory?

Pheryll

Set Designer
This is not new. The Armory only got two levels in chapter 6 and two levels in chapter 7 as well. And no levels in chapter 9. Did all the original players also think something unusual was happening when the Woodelves were introduced in chapter 9 with no new upgrade for the armory?

Woodelves was the new chapter. Orcs may well have been the end, and was designed as time consuming.

Laochra

This is such a let down :( Can't really do anything until I can upgrade houses. They could have at least made that next after the first one so there would actually be something to do. In my opinion they made the magic houses less valuable now that they can't be upgraded when you open the chapter
Looking at the tech tree, it looks like after the Advanced Scouts, if you unlock the Advanced Trader, that one will open up the tech for the residence upgrade.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Looking at the tech tree, it looks like after the Advanced Scouts, if you unlock the Advanced Trader, that one will open up the tech for the residence upgrade.

Yes I know. Until Amuni the magic residences could be upgraded as soon as Advanced Scout was opened. I've always looked forward to upgrading & rearranging first thing and considered it one of the things that made magic buildings worth the spend. Oh well!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Just a quick comparison between 84 squares of elemental armory level 31 (4 7x3) versus the construct armory level 33 (3 4x7).

Elemental armory
Culture consumed: 23484
Population consumed: 9720
Orc production (2x 12 hr): 5920
Training Size: 1126
Total Levels: 124

Construct armory
Culture consumed: 28668
Population consumed: 11919
Orc production (2x 12 hr.): 5220
Training Size: 1206
Total Levels: 99

With a level 1 Shrooms wonder, there are no mathematical benefits of upgrading the armory into constructs, and without the shrooms, the added training size benefit is only very slight, at a much more significant cost to orc production.

Last edited:

qaccy

@Pheryll Interesting. Almost looks like the armory levels are underbudgeted in terms of production. Perhaps the intent though is to not have three armories taking up the same space, but to simply keep all four and make a little bit more room for all of them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll Interesting. Almost looks like the armory levels are underbudgeted in terms of production. Perhaps the intent though is to not have three armories taking up the same space, but to simply keep all four and make a little bit more room for all of them.

Or build another level 31 armory, which would do better than upgrading three of them to constructs for the same space consumed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
But isn't that when they started alternating barracks and armory upgrades? That was the new normal.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
When I get there, I will be upgrading my Armories. Not because they get very much better but because they look better IMO. For me, one of the biggest pluses in getting new chapters is evolving the way things in my city look. The BIG exception to that was Orcs! Glad that mess was about 2 1/2 years ago for me :rolleyes:

Am I missing something? Last night I finished the Port of the Central Island research. It looks to me like I need to get to the Ports of the Production Islands before any way to build it? Just wondering what the point is putting a research a minimum of 5 researches before you can do anything with it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4699

Am I missing something? Last night I finished the Port of the Central Island research. It looks to me like I need to get to the Ports of the Production Islands before any way to build it? Just wondering what the point is putting a research a minimum of 5 researches before you can do anything with it.

It requires T3 sentient good and divine seeds, not sure if it's a different good for everyone, for me it's my boosted T3.

DeletedUser3352

With a level 1 Shrooms wonder, there are no mathematical benefits of upgrading the armory into constructs, and without the shrooms, the added training size benefit is only very slight, at a much more significant cost to orc production.

Rank points? I gave up my top 50 spot on F and K ages ago (elementals) by refusing to keep up with expansion purchases (and instead selling off a LOT of ranking points worth of buildings), but I wonder how that compares since armories were already one of the better rank points/square buildings (including pop/square needed for full upgrade).

Pheryll

Set Designer
Yeah, manufactories are the bigger sinkhole but are much heavier on the population consumption. This upgrade of armories add 33% more squares, which highly dilutes the shroom bonus. If a player decides to keep the same amount of squares for armories, then upgrading in constructs means the higher the level of his shrooms the more training size he will lose. Up until this update, I thought the armory was continuing to shrink in size to keep the shrooms competitive with the bulwark. This chapter goes in a different direction.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1016

Just a quick comparison between 84 squares of elemental armory level 31 (4 7x3) versus the construct armory level 33 (3 4x7).
....am I understanding this correctly? If I have 4 armories [which I do], I can delete one [1] and upgrade the remaining three [3] and it's pretty much a "push"? Presently I'm very happy with the performances of my amories combined with the military AW's [shroom, needle], so if I want to change into constructs just for the looks, getting rid of one might be a good alternative?

I didn't really study your numbers Pheryll, but how does it affect my rank? Is that pretty much a "wash" as well. Thx for the info-

Pheryll

Set Designer
I didn't really study your numbers Pheryll, but how does it affect my rank? Is that pretty much a "wash" as well. Thx for the info-

Ranking points include total population consumed + total culture consumed. So a wasteful building that costs a lot of population and culture per square, gives more ranking points than a much more efficient building that consumes less for the same or better output.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Interesting, the armory only gains two levels this chapter. That means either we have reached an end, or something unusual is happening next chapter.

The 4 levels of armoury was to reduce the amount of military techs needed each chapter. We still have some 3 star troops to come but if we don't get them all next chapter then it is possible we will go back to armouries and barracks techs each chapter. It is also possible we may find some new direction which based on the story line so far is quite possible.

But isn't that when they started alternating barracks and armory upgrades? That was the new normal.

Enevhar Aldarion there is a history here that a newer player will not be aware of. The barracks and armoury techs were every chapter. With the battle revamp we ended up with a lot more military based techs (training grounds, bunch of new units) which required a change in approach otherwise the balance between economy and military techs would be out. We knew in orcs that the Wood Elves would have no armoury upgrade as the alternating upgrades began so we had one less military tech to do each chapter while still allowing sufficient increase in the barracks and armoury.

The techs for the next chapter or two will be interesting to see due to where certain patterns are at.
  • We only have 3 more level 3 unit techs to get (ranger, vallorians and frogs)
  • Armoury dropped back to 2 levels instead of 4 every other chapter
  • All manufactories are now owned by a particular guest race. For those who missed this
    • Dwarves - steel
    • Orcs - dust
    • Amuni - crystal
    • etc. etc
  • We now have all sentient goods - will something in the future require the 3rd factory type in our town

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
  • We only have 3 more level 3 unit techs to get (ranger, vallorians and frogs)
  • We now have all sentient goods - will something in the future require the 3rd factory type in our town
These make me think that we will eventually get Chapter 15 and it will be the final chapter for the game as it is now. One more chapter to max all the troops to level 3 and maybe we will have to use all our boosted goods, not just sentient, to build and complete everything in the final chapter. Plus I am guessing the basic plot/overarching story of the game still has to be resolved/wrapped up.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
As expansions on the grid in our main cities are almost at the max, I am thinking if it is going to continue for more guest races, we could get another plot in the sky like a floating island (like the constructs) to build our future guest races on or another plot under ground maybe.

Last edited: