• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Constructs!

DeletedUser2870

Several suggestions here.
Only 1 expansion AGAIN is rather stingy. At the very least the cap at which the exploration yields no provinces anymore should be increased. Even if that only can be done by researching 'advanced scouts'. That tech could then highten the cap a bit so one can explore some more and gain at least 2 more expansions that way even if they come only at 1 per 12 or 13 provinces. Or 14, to keep track with the chapter. It would at least give someone a very good reason to do another set of provinces.
Actually, that mechanism could be retroactively be introduced (even though I really hate that, even more so since I'd have to go back before going further in this chapter) for chapter 13. The advanced scouts tech will then decrease time and cost just a bit, but also adds the possibility to get 2 more expansions, at a rate of 1 for each 13 provinces. The same can be done for the present chapter at 14 provinces/expansion. And again in the next one.
That way even if one scout them ahead, they won't have the benefit of getting the expansions for them since those are tied to the tech. And it does make it more reasonable to have only 1 expansion in the techtree.
I mean, seriously, why introduce squadsize increases in the tree again when fighting in provinces is all but useless? The time for scouting is so high it hardly makes it worthwhile. And for the tourneys the larger squadsize are more of a hindrance than a benefit. So if one gets better squads, it would be nice to see something worthwhile to do with them.

And again, seriously, the upgrades are unbalanced. Even though I am glad to see the Devs did finally take up my oft-repeated suggestion to make some upgrades yield less of an increase than usual, but also take up less space, as the residences do now. Residences go from 16 squares to 15 squares, which is a very welcome reduction in space and the first upgrade doesn't add much pop. So far, so good.
But in order to research the tech to upgrade residences the first time, one needs the sentient T3 goods. Upgrading a T3 factory from lvl 24 to lvl 25 costs over 1400 pop. The first upgrade for the workshops costs 396 pop. Upgrading a residence from lvl to lvl 32 only adds 100 pop. The second upgrade yields another 400, but that can only be reached much further in the techtree and thus is useless at first. It would have been nice to have the increase in pop be 200 and 300 instead of 100 and 400 so one can actually gain some pop to upgrade other buildings. That's what balance is about.

That being said, the need for sentient goods is almost absurd. Placing the needed guestrace buildings requires a ridiculous amount of sentient T3 goods. Each building will need at least 3 3-hour spelled productions worth of sentient T3 goods. Unspelled, that would be at least 5, which makes for a days worth. For me even less, since due to workschedule, I often have to run the 9 hour productions which are hugely less efficient. And that's just placing them at lvl 1. All 4 need to be placed 4 times, so that makes 16 buildings, each at a full days production. That's not even talking about the upgrades which undoubtedly are even worse.
Same goes for the need in the techtree. HUGE amounts of sentient goods. I'm at the point where I consider selling off yet another factory of each kind to replace them with the sentient ones, but that will have serious consequenses in the fellowship since many aren't even near the sentient goods yet, meaning they can't trade for it and are dependant on me and a few other more advanced players to trade for the regular goods. Selling off a factory to replace it for sentient goods will definitely have an adverse affect on the FS as a whole. And here I thought the game was all about the fellowships.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Dhurrin Two points.

First, there was only room left on the city map to add three expansions with chapter 14. The square is now complete and they are not going to turn premium expansions into normal expansions and lose money. Sure, it would have been nice if the final three had all been normal, or at least two normal and one premium, instead of one normal and two premium, but that is not the way they went.

Second, yes, chapter 14 is hard and expensive in goods. It is supposed to be a challenge since it is near the endgame of current content. They need players to take several months to complete it so that they have time to think up something to come after it.

DeletedUser2870

@Enevhar Aldarion
I don't mind the challenge. My problem is the fact the amounts needed will have a detrimental effect on the FS as a whole.
We have a very mixed group. I have over 500.000 points, our smallest member just passed the 10.000 point mark and we have players in every range in between. We have always liked having a mixed group and are pretty supportive, but its going to be hard to be supportive this way and that's going against the idea of the game. As well as against the pleasure I have in it.
Sure, we could all just form a FS with people at about the same point of the game, but that sure takes away a lot. Also, I like seeing people avoid the mistakes I made when blazing the trail, and that kind of thing is not exactly happening if everyone forms a FS of roughly the same place in the game.

As for the expansions, true enough. The question of course is how many people are crazy enough to buy the last premium expansions. As they are priced at about $70,-. That's a lot of money for a very small piece of virtual space. Even the 10% discount AND the 20% extra diamond offers won't even come close to tempt me. And I'm a premium player who always pays for games. (And yes, I know there are offers for even greater discounts. However, they seem tied to some algorithm based on size, since my testcities get offers up to 100% bonus, but my main account has not seen an offer for more than 20% in over 2 years).

I bought premium expansions waaaaaaay back when they were at a more aceptable price. And even then I didn't buy the last few because they were too expensive. And let's be honest: they have added several columns and rows of expansions in the past. No reason to expect that will not be done again in the future. Most buildings will take up more space each time. The residences are the ONLY exception, and then only in the dwarven chapter and now in the constructs. No other buildings have had space-reductions, ever.
So unless the plan is to start on reducing the needed space for all kinds of buildings in a more structural manner, they won't avoid the need to expand the grit at some point. Simply increasing the size of the buildings can only have that outcome, unless the boost in production suddenly is so high it would be more advantageous to have fewer factories. And be serious, that wouldn't happen as it would also open up a way to overproduce and just blaze through tourneys. In fact doing that would only benefit the small group of players who already only have magical residences and workshops and all expansions.
By adding the free-to-gain-expansions now, they MAY lose some money for the last few expansions not being bought now, but most players who do so already will have gotten them. And the offer can stay valid after expanding the grit, so when looking at it not 'just now' but looking just a bit ahead instead it doesn't matter one bit.

Edit :
Additional problem: it's not a realistic strategy to replace more regular factories with the ones for sentient goods. The sentient goods production requires seeds and the sources for those are very limited. There are a few event-buildings, but since getting those is depending on chance they cannot be part of any strategy.
With a total of something like 465 completed provinces and about a total of 140 lvls of AW, the trader doesn't provide enough seeds to keep 1 factory of each tier running all the time. That's not counting the seeds needed for quests/upgrades/building. Even with the Elvenar Trading Post at lvl 7, I have a hard time keeping up the seed-production. So replacing more regular factories with sentient good ones is a waste of time and energy since I won't be able to keep them running.
There definitely is a need for more structural ways to get seeds outside buildings one only can get by chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

You have to be kidding, constructs, the Masonic symbolism, occult dark magic, biological machines, ai codes, blatant harvesting system of humanium and elvenanium. Anybody really know who this Timon guy is? I haven't played here long enough to get to the last chapters, don't intend to now.
I was getting the creeps with that quest for the temple of ages, five magical alters in the shape of a pentical to harvest earth energy. Doesn't anyone else find this new chapter offensive?Those who think this is cool, more power, and trickery, you're already a harvested human.
Lol you are being assimilated, the best word to describe it.
Getting trained right in your video game.
I know, delete this comment, must be a crazy person to not consent to the "high men". Just trying help some innocent minds that may be playing this game, like children.
I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

You could of course also try and educate kids, or yourself for that matter, to see a difference between a game and reality. Just saying.

qaccy

@Dhurrin Regarding expansions, it seems unlikely that the grid will be expanding, at least any time soon. It's already somewhat difficult for a portion of players to load cities (even their own) once they reach a certain size, so it follows that making the map even larger would only make the experience even worse for these players. Of course, there's certainly space to add more, or the map could be expanded, but it seems more likely to me based on how everything's shaping up that we're instead going to get a totally new map to build in/interact with in future chapters rather than making the existing one larger. A load screen to switch between the two would be a whole other thing that could hang people up, but this is where I personally see the game heading.

Pheryll

Set Designer
This trader issue feels like a bottleneck. I'll wait it out a bit by upgrading my sentient gems to max level, while clearing room by upgrading my residences and repositioning them. I have ports researched, but it will probably be a bit of time before I build any port.

qaccy

I haven't really had trouble with getting trades picked up so far on Arendyll. Granted, I've only made 8 trades so far - one for each of the 8 ports I've currently built. But for what it's worth, the Alloy Shrooms seem to take a bit longer to acquire.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I've had no issues with trades so far on w&k
I always offer a large trade with about a 10% discount. I figure losing 10% on a trade is better than 10% of my whole stash to decay.

Note: I am NOT saying that the super sloppy 80 page trader is OK, it's ugly and cumbersome, and the obvious solution of
1. Sentiments on a separate tab
2. Allow all trades to be taken in pieces so that players stop posting 20 of the same trades.
(Post 1 big trade and let players buy 10/50/100%)
3. Sort the trades by best ratio, not biggest (4000 for 2000 should be above 4002 for 4001)
4. Add a crosstier filter
5. Add a star filter.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I had a few 20% discounted trades sit for over half a day. I am not in a rush, and can easily wait out the bottleneck by upgrading my tier 6 production.
Yeah I was short 1k biz so I posted 2k for 1k and checked back every 15m 3x before realizing I didn't really care the next time I checked it was taken.
"A watched kettle never boils" or something like that

That I don't know. I guess someone on Beta might know.

Question on the quests. For the ports the quests are "build" first 2 and then "build" 2nd 2. After that they change to "have" # of ports. Some players are saying they didn't get credit for the assembly in the first "build" quest. Is this one of those things where if you build it before you get the quest you will have to build another one to get credit. I built mine in the order of the quests so I'm not sure.

I just completed the engine and assembly. Got a check mark for engine, but not for assembly.

The quest says "build" not "have", so you will have to build one after the quest is active.

The quest was active and both were built at the same time so it does appear to be an error.

Edit: Shortly after posting, I completed a garden and got credit for assembly. When the next quest to build a garden and a zoo came up, garden was already completed even though it was built before the quest was active. This said, it may be sufficient to just "have" these buildings in this case, but to be safe, build engine and garden first, especially if you only plan on having one set.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The quest was active and both were built at the same time so it does appear to be an error.

Edit: Shortly after posting, I completed a garden and got credit for assembly. When the next quest to build a garden and a zoo came up, garden was already completed even though it was built before the quest was active. This said, it may be sufficient to just "have" these buildings in this case, but to be safe, build engine and garden first, especially if you only plan on having one set.

There is a verified bug with the quest. Once its working properly though the wording is build. They like to through haves and builds at us to see if we are reading the quests ;)

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
Can someone please fix the broken confirmation window not showing in the construct portal?? When you want to click Create it turns diamond purchase.blue just a hair of a second after you touch the screen and poof, good bye 314 diamonds. No confirmation window and I asked support for assistance in getting the window fixed (lol cause I know I'm not getting my diamonds back) and other than the comment that I must be going too fast (omg really, on mobile i must be touching the buttons too quickly?!?) and not saying Inno plans to fix this cash drop into their pocket (obviously its amazing for them in profit ) I feel I should at least warn others who may also be touching buttons too quickly on a mobile app. Dead slow touches everyone.

But then it boils my blood, and I have to ask, What is the purpose of having a tick box to ensure you dont spend your diamonds if it's not going to work? Inno so greedy they can't fix that bug right away?

So in case anyone else is moving too quickly, slow down your play, Inno won't return diamonds and has no projected fix for this and won't be looking out for you, just their profits.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
When you want to click Create it turns diamond purchase.blue just a hair of a second after you touch the screen and poof, good bye 314 diamonds. No confirmation window....

So in case anyone else is moving too quickly, slow down your play, Inno won't return diamonds and has no projected fix for this and won't be looking out for you, just their profits.
Boo! That is not an acceptable business practice.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One

Thanks! I shared in message and chat in our FS since we have a few who only play mobile.

Adding: So guess who got screwed by this even trying to be careful? Yup. That would be me :mad:

Last edited: