• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Constructs!

DeletedUser2870

@Dhurrin Regarding expansions, it seems unlikely that the grid will be expanding, at least any time soon. It's already somewhat difficult for a portion of players to load cities (even their own) once they reach a certain size, so it follows that making the map even larger would only make the experience even worse for these players. Of course, there's certainly space to add more, or the map could be expanded, but it seems more likely to me based on how everything's shaping up that we're instead going to get a totally new map to build in/interact with in future chapters rather than making the existing one larger. A load screen to switch between the two would be a whole other thing that could hang people up, but this is where I personally see the game heading.

I know, but 'anytime soon' is relative.
And like I said, except for the residences, everything only gets bigger each chapter. So unless that trend gets reversed on other buildings as well, there is no real way of avoiding this.

DeletedUser12171

The "I want more space but I don't want to pay for it" argument comes up every time a new chapter is released it seems. I am not going to spend too much on expansions - 1 new expansion costs 6,000 diamonds for me now, so the cost is starting to get prohibitively expensive - but I'm not going to whinge about it either. Will play with what I have, especially since there clearly are people who get by with less space

Last edited by a moderator:

CHANDY

Well, the three that come with the Constructs are supposed to make all available land into a perfect square, so as of now, city space is at max.

But looking at the city, there is still plenty of space on three sides to add expansions for future chapters. It would just mean it would not be a perfect square when maxed again.
3 expansions with constructs? I see only 1.

DeletedUser2870

The "I want more space but I don't want to pay for it" argument comes up every time a new chapter is released it seems. I am not going to spend too much on expansions - 1 new expansion costs 6,000 diamonds for me now, so the cost is starting to get prohibitively expensive - but I'm not going to whinge about it either. Will play with what I have, especially since there clearly are people who get by with less space

Ehm....if you had read carefully you would know I paid for several premium expansions. But even when the expansions are 10% discounted AND I would buy diamonds at a discount, getting another expansion would still be a least $70,-. worth in real money. That's a really big amount of real money for a small virtual amount of space.
Also, I'm NOT saying all expansions should be free. You will not find me saying that anywhere, at any time. When I play a game I tend to pay since I understand devs need to be paid and at least some people need to pay in order to keep a game free for many.
Also, someone who buys the premium expansions early on will have an advantage over someone who buys them later in the game, since more space means more room to advance. I only propose to make more expansions available AT HIGHER LEVELS and only after having to research that ability in the techtree. Basically, my proposal means that -if the grit is not expanded- premium expansions no longer mean extra space for ever, but extra space sooner. Just like magical residences provide more pop&gold, but are not doing that forever, unless upgraded at some cost.
And if the grit is expanded at some point in the future (which I think is inevitable unless there is a reverse on the trend of making everything bigger every chapter, which brings it's own peril of large scale overproducing-capacity along with it), it can still revert to being extra space period.

I'm at the point where scouting and clearing provinces is no longer useful since I won't get any expansions anymore.I understand the limit was set at some point in the game, but as the game expands, such a limit should at some point expand as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

nightrider1

OK so heres my take on the game:cool: I play in winyandor, visit fellows and active neighbors most days. Ive built all the construct pieces, have 3-4 expansions free to play with.:) 35 unexplored /unopened expansions left.plenty of all goods, mana ,seeds .hit 8 tourneys 4-5 times every week and still have blue/very easy provinces to fight in:D . i spent $10 on diamonds back when i started. most people just have no patience or have to be on top of the pile:rolleyes: AND my compliments on the artwork for Constructs

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

@nightrider1
*roflmao* True enough most people don't seem to have the patience. But back when I started, the dwarven chapter was still new, I have patience, it's a long-term game anyway.
But I have 462 provinces completed, so I'm over the 458 which gives the last expansion for discovery. I have something like 2 dozen provinces scouted and partially completed, I just don't see any good reason to complete them.
So now in the constructs-techtree I see 4(!) squadsize techs. What the heck am I going to do with those? Why would I want those? Not for the tourneys, that's for sure, because larger squads just means more losses, not easier fights in the tourneys. The upgraded units and training will kinda compensate that, so nett worth is zero for the tourneys.
And sure, the fights in the provinces get to be a bit easier. But again, why would that be interesting to me? I'm not really gaining anything by doing more provinces. And they may become a bit easier, but with scouting times near 80 hours it's not exactly something that has any kind of urgency.
Not to mention that those scouting-times make it incredibly annoying to plan during events. And having to do multiple is just out of the question.

nightrider1

@nightrider1
*roflmao* True enough most people don't seem to have the patience. But back when I started, the dwarven chapter was still new, I have patience, it's a long-term game anyway.
But I have 462 provinces completed, so I'm over the 458 which gives the last expansion for discovery. I have something like 2 dozen provinces scouted and partially completed, I just don't see any good reason to complete them.
So now in the constructs-techtree I see 4(!) squadsize techs. What the heck am I going to do with those? Why would I want those? Not for the tourneys, that's for sure, because larger squads just means more losses, not easier fights in the tourneys. The upgraded units and training will kinda compensate that, so nett worth is zero for the tourneys.
And sure, the fights in the provinces get to be a bit easier. But again, why would that be interesting to me? I'm not really gaining anything by doing more provinces. And they may become a bit easier, but with scouting times near 80 hours it's not exactly something that has any kind of urgency.
Not to mention that those scouting-times make it incredibly annoying to plan during events. And having to do multiple is just out of the question.
I understand where you are coming from .I was addressing all of the previous 6 pages. We all have our own way of playing and thats a good thing. God forbid we were all the same(politically correct:p) , boring.For me (437 provinces) I'm hoping they will ease my level of difficulty
I truly enjoy reading the thoughts of those who contribute so much here on the Forum its taught me a lot. And i m glad to provide the humor

DeletedUser2207

Who thought having a settlement good called 'Elvenarin' AND one called 'Elvarium' was a good idea????

Also, could someone explain the settlement good process? I read GoK but I'm still confused

Pheryll

Set Designer
Who thought having a settlement good called 'Elvenarin' AND one called 'Elvarium' was a good idea????

Also, could someone explain the settlement good process? I read GoK but I'm still confused

Your portal (core) build basic constructs for manna. For additional charge, you also convert the basic constructs into specialized constructs at the portal.

After this the ports are needed. Each port produces elvenarin and uses it in conjunction with specialized constructs to produce two different types of nutrients (there are 4 nutrients). The nutrients are then used along with specialized constructs at each port to produce elvarium or humanium.

DeletedUser9601

@nightrider1

You are getting a benefit though. You're getting 8 KP. You should be getting supplies thanks to your ToS. You're getting relics. You're getting more seeds from your Trader (which is a function of provinces cleared). And I think certain AWs are stronger (someone can fact-check that).

You're not getting "as much" benefit as you did before 458 provinces, but its not a complete waste. And for event quests, just save 2-3 provinces at all times (except maybe mid-major event, when you know nothing new is coming for 2+ weeks).

But the idea that higher-level players need the space more is crazy-pants. If anything, the opposite is true. Higher-level players should be challenged to do more with less space. You should HAVE to delete buildings, or go slower through guest races. If you get more space, what's the challenge? Then you breeze through the guest race, having made no meaningful tough choices on your city layout, and you spend 5 months twiddling your thumbs (and honestly, dropping out of the game).

As its structured now, you either A. don't build the full slate of guest race buildings, so you need 3+ months to get through the tech, or B. you delete a lot of stuff you think you need, blast through guest races, and then build up some of those deleted buildings back. Either way, in both instances, you're engaged for a lot longer than you would be in your world, where Inno gives you 4 charity expansions just for reaching Elementals or Constructs.

Heming

Well that was a good write up. Made me stop and think of all the real money I have spent on this game and still can’t cast a spell for a battle.. I don’t even fight in a battle. I have more spell items and never use them. And I am confused about portals. I am 75 and even though I am semi smart, I haven’t figured all this stuff out yet. Any suggestions would be welcomed

nightrider1

Well that was a good write up. Made me stop and think of all the real money I have spent on this game and still can’t cast a spell for a battle.. I don’t even fight in a battle. I have more spell items and never use them. And I am confused about portals. I am 75 and even though I am semi smart, I haven’t figured all this stuff out yet. Any suggestions would be welcomed
2 recomedations forum/questions and help/mykans guide. Gems of knowledge.com

DeletedUser3602

I just cancelled building a D004-w Zoo and didn't get the 8,200 cosmic bismuth back that were taken when I started it. Is it supposed to work like that or is it a bug?