• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The May Celebration Event Discussion

AtaguS

In theory perhaps. But to this day, i havnt played with anyone that has ever voiced concern/priority about the random instants or enchantments from chests. Im not saying there arnt any, but they certainly arnt around the ppl i know in game. Every time it is has been either the daily prize goal or the grand prize goal. Every thing else was just a random extra.
I'm one of those players who would often go for an MM spell or time instant chest, even though it had a smaller percentage of chance to win the daily prizes...in fact, in the most recent chest-event, those were my preferred chests and I made out like a bandit, saving my CCs, relics and SFs for the artifact conversion spells in my MA.
But even so, it is less about what is in the chests...and more that being able to see their contents, along with the chances of winning each, gives the player a deciding role in how to spend the event resource they worked to earn. The shuffle board shows you what you might get at first (after that it's pure memory) and then becomes a game of blind chance. Your only actual choice is whether to play or not. Earned event resource reduces down to currency to chuck at the luck wheel.
This is a game of strategizing, planning, preparing and building to meet the challenges presented to us by Inno. I love this aspect of the game. The ever revolving, never-ending events are fun for a time, ok as a distraction between upgrades, etc...but they are becoming a constant. And if that is to be the case, I'd rather see them include some strategy and not just colorful, mindless, flashy lottery system.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are only three daily prizes I am specifically going for, day 1, day 8, and day 20. I got 5 each on days 1 and 8, and in the process of that, I also got 7 artifacts and a second may tree from the grand prizes. So it has been good for me so far.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Only that's exactly what yous said. I've been playing this game for a long time, and have valued timer instants since they first appeared, and have always optimized my event strategies (when it has been possible) to maximize how many I get. The fact that you think nobody does it is a reflection of what you know, not realitly. There are plenty of people who used chests to get the tings they wanted the most, and the scratch-board makes that 100% impossible. Everyone has exactly the same chance of getting all secondary prize, regardless of whether they want them or not, and it's an awful change. Your statement that there is no strategy to chest selection is nonsense. Not being able-or-willing to understand something doesn't change the fact of its existence.

Actually, its a perfectly reasonable assumption. Perhaps not completly accurate by nature, but we can only make our asumptions and desisions based on the information we have. And until now, iv never talked with a single player in game that really cared about the instants/enchantments from quests as there priority. And i talk more then anyone in my fs. I also talk with a number of my neighbors over the last several years. - So i look at it and see a 100% of the ppl iv talked with didnt care, nor have i heard of anyone that did over several years. - Im sure there are some, but based on the information i had, its a reasonable assumption to assume that the majority are more concerned about daily prizes and grand prizes.

I also have no real bias towards one or the other right now. Daily prizes have never really been that good since they took the wishing wells out. Its always been a matter, for me, of choosing the best option out of the stuff i dont rly care about at the time. And as for grand prizes/evolving buildings, i havnt placed a single one since the fire phoenix over a year ago now.

So im really just looking at this from a more mechanical stand point. Mentioning specific features i find useful and others i find a hindrance. Of course, it is from my perspective. And from my perspective, i find minimal difference between the decision making of chests and shuffle board. - Not saying im in favor or against the shuffle board or chest, merely that the decision process is not that far a leap for me.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Actually, its a perfectly reasonable assumption. Perhaps not completly accurate by nature, but we can only make our asumptions and desisions based on the information we have. And until now, iv never talked with a single player in game that really cared about the instants/enchantments from quests as there priority.
I've addressed this before. So here it is more directly. Not talking to people about something doesn't mean they have the same opinion as you. If you want to say what your neighbours think, you have to specifically ask them about it first. You don't get to assume that because they aren't talking about it they don't care.

When I talk to my neghbours, if I don't ask most of them what they think about the current zoning regulations about compost, that doesn't mean I can go to a meeting about the regulations and say that none of them care about it. You're creating information about other people out of your own bubble.

Yogi Dave

In theory perhaps. But to this day, i havnt played with anyone that has ever voiced concern/priority about the random instants or enchantments from chests. Im not saying there arnt any, but they certainly arnt around the ppl i know in game. Every time it is has been either the daily prize goal or the grand prize goal. Every thing else was just a random extra.
Most of the people I play with preferred the chest system since they could target specific 2ndary prizes. I change what I target depending on the event. With the bears, I chose the chests that gave the greatest chance of getting artifacts. In another event that I didn't care about the evolving building, I targeted time instants or kp, depending on which chests were available. One of my FS members always goes for KP over everything else. Of course there is targeting the daily prize too, which I've done many times for a specific event building, or AWKP or time instants. Using the probabilities of the various items in a chest can make a huge difference in how many or much of what you targeted are actually got. In this event since none of the event building improve my city, I'm just going for 1 or 2 of each of the 8 new buildings which I'll then build a little May Celebration Town. Of course it will have to wait until solstice when I finish ch 16 and can make room for it in the city. If we had chests, though I'd target the ones that would get me the most KP. Ch 16 wants a lot of them.

Risen Malchiah

Hmm, 9 pages in and nobody's mentioned (or noticed) the Awesome box bug.

When you win a building filler prize in this event's lottery system, the Tooltip info for the building shows chapter 1 values.

What the Awesome box says I won:
lvl1value.jpg

Versus what I actually won:

lvl14value.jpg

When I first saw it, I couldn't believe how bad it seemed. :) Thankfully, it's better than I initially thought.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Hmm, 9 pages in and nobody's mentioned (or noticed) the Awesome box bug.

When you win a building filler prize in this event's lottery system, the Tooltip info for the building shows chapter 1 values.

I did not think about saying anything because I have seen this happen for several events in a row now. I think one update a while back even claimed to have fixed this bug, but it is still around, as you noticed.

Risen Malchiah

Ah, perhaps I didn't notice in other events because the rotating chest system doesn't usually have surprise buildings (besides the daily which I've already hovered over to know its details). I didn't notice it this time either until I came across some buildings I hadn't seen before.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ah, perhaps I didn't notice in other events because the rotating chest system doesn't usually have surprise buildings (besides the daily which I've already hovered over to know its details). I didn't notice it this time either until I came across some buildings I hadn't seen before.

Well, I remember it doing this in the Winter event, using the same system, for sure, and I am pretty sure I remember it doing it to some buildings in the events in between then and now. It also used to do this all the time in Crafting, but that bug was definitely fixed.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm just going for 1 or 2 of each of the 8 new buildings which I'll then build a little May Celebration Town. Of course it will have to wait until solstice when I finish ch 16 and can make room for it in the city.

Same here. I've never been really practical about this game. I'm not one of those who stock up on event buildings & save them forever. Frankly, I have not enjoyed the game as much since I stopped refreshing my city with new event buildings. Some of that does have to do with the drop in value everybody talks about for every event. That really added to my tired & burned out feeling that I'm watching other long-timers leave for. I decided to go for it for this event. I think the May tree town will be a very nice addition and I'm actually enjoying it despite the stupid shuffle format. I really like the artwork on this rural setting and some of the repeats I will upgrade ones I already have without using RR spells like mother dragon & black lotus. The only new one I skipped was the sheep one. Seemed like a been there done that to me.

I cannot begin to express how messed up it is to waste seeds and get 1 relic! I've been getting those over & over in my main city and my baby city. Better yet, I cannot express how thrilled I was last night when I got 2x just for the thrill of getting 2 relics instead of 1. It got so much better when I kept getting reshuffle next after that time & multiple others :mad: I can honestly say that I used cuss words directed at Inno that I wouldn't want to say here anyway

Vysanthea

This thread got long fast! I haven't had the time to catch up but I thought, as a new player, I'd add my 2 cents. This is my first event like this so I have nothing to compare it to but I also don't like the re-shuffle.

I really like all the culture summonings that I have accumulated. Although, I think I'll be in chapter 4 or beyond before I can make use of many of them. And I want to use them all! :) I recently changed fellowships and with so many of my fellow members polishing my culture I don't see how I need anymore. (But I'm not complaining!) Plus I just don't have the space. I could probably sell back a thing or 2 but when I used purchased gems to obtain an item and I don't get them back if I sell the item it is hard to let go.

I can grow impatient when playing games, so I get a little frustrated with how long it takes me to gather or earn seeds. Partly bad timing on my part, as I often finally finish a task only to find out that I just did the actions needed for the next task and I am waiting yet again.

Having said all that (or not much at all... hahaha) I am enjoying the event.

DeletedUser6917

What I don't like about events?
The shuffle is like playing a slot machine you can't get what you really want and/or get the crap you don't need.
Grand Prizes : the evolving whatever is boring, takes up room, and not worth it to me. Put a portal profit in the shuffle let us win those especially now that you have put those as only lasting 50 days instead of 100. I would like to see something useful not a dang tree. The 10 bonus seeds a day are not a bad touch just the prizes stink. The troops instants are great.
You say in your tips and tricks everyday on the screen that we look at till we get to our town to change culture buildings with new ones. Why not put a few culture buildings that have mana or divine seeds to them.
Quests: Nothing like repeating them with just larger amounts, seriously what happened to doing 10 tools or doing tier one 3 hrs 9 hr 1 day stuff. Too much to make them more challenging.
Who makes up these events is getting lazy or just doesn't care anymore. You won't get people to keep playing events if they are boring as this one is.