• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Season of Joy

BrinDarby

Even though the amounts are scaled down, I don't want to use 3 coin rains or 3 supply windfalls when that is a good amount of my stock for my mini city.
If we all haven't noticed yet, Seasons is 1 way Inno
is dealing with "Horders" so its not suprising reg
players won't have as many built up......

( I think ) Someone @ Inno is looking @ inventory'd
goods/instants, on a scale of entire worlds..... Then saying,
holy crap we can't have players with buildup like this
we need ways to push players to use up thier Hordes....
That might be reg stuff, but also diamonds ;)

In the Season of whatever, my little city was able to pick up a bunch of buildings that produce Mercenary Troops. It's fantastic. I can run Silver in Spire and never have to cater. This current season of Joy (?) isn't as great, but it is giving me smaller pop buildings that produce goods as well. It's not great, but it is reasonably handy, and my "culture patch" is considerably more compact.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have noticed on my mini city (between chap. 3 and 4) it is very hard to finish these tasks as compared to my midlevel city. Even though the amounts are scaled down, I don't want to use 3 coin rains or 3 supply windfalls when that is a good amount of my stock for my mini city. It's fine that I can't get all these tasks done because not everything can be easy but my mid-level city can really get the tasks done if I just note them and make an effort. The little city is not really gping to get these things done on a weekly basis.
I agree. In my little city, one weekly quest had 75 simple tools and 60 bread at the same time, plus vision vapor. A very small city doesn't have a lot of workshops they can use for that, and vision vapor is difficult, with spell frags always short.

Tehya1

I am making use of the reset and have been lucky to get easier weekly tasks than x number of toolboxes, bread, simple tools, etc that either force me to wait longer for goods and supplies unless I use timers, or force me to babysit my city to reset the ws every 15 minutes. lol

BrinDarby

I agree. In my little city, one weekly quest had 75 simple tools and 60 bread at the same time, plus vision vapor. A very small city doesn't have a lot of workshops they can use for that, and vision vapor is difficult, with spell frags always short.
We as players make/save up ( for that rainy day ) all sorts
of things, that Inno is now @ war with... Seasons is just a way
to get all of us to use up our rainy day fund, so theres a
better chance , once out , to need to spend :diamond: or $$$ instead.

Ohh don't worry, they are @ odds with ppl that save up :diamond: , too.

10 EEs, 10 PoPs , ect ect ect.... before seasons I never spent that
many in any given 1 week period, and certainly not on a consistent
basis for 3 months......... its a drain sink, plain and simple.....

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
seriously.. stop with adding these varations of 'use event currency' 'cash in event currency' ' get certain reward form event' crap... its really annoying. There is no saving grace on those. Remove them.

defiantoneks

i've had FS members ask about getting "loot" requirements for daily quests… is this truly included? if so, what a load! how would you expect people to guarantee completing a quest with currency they may not have to win a random prize? or three, as i've heard?

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Can't they just pick it up around the city? I thought those counted as event "loot"

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
We as players make/save up ( for that rainy day ) all sorts
of things, that Inno is now @ war with... Seasons is just a way
to get all of us to use up our rainy day fund, so theres a
better chance , once out , to need to spend :diamond: or $$$ instead.
I think you are confusing it with the Cauldron. ;)

I think Seasons is a tax on your plot to allot space in your city for a permie event shanty now, whether there are events going on or not. The last event had a good final building but I don’t see anything great in this one so I am not gung ho about it and will finish what I can from regular play without stressing too much. From moderately paying attention, my hoarded stash will still grow instead of deplete methinks. It’s not doing a good job of getting me to spend down my inventory, although these could be famous last words…

Lady Dastardly

i've had FS members ask about getting "loot" requirements for daily quests… is this truly included? if so, what a load! how would you expect people to guarantee completing a quest with currency they may not have to win a random prize? or three, as i've heard?
I'm pretty sure it's a weekly quest and not a daily one, but there is a possibility of getting a quest to open 3 flavor loot. Since it's a weekly you can reroll it, or you can make sure not to use your flavor loot until the last week of the event. I agree that this is a ridiculous quest since most players will use them as soon as they get them.

Sprite1313

I certainly hope Lady D is right and that is actually a weekly, but even so it is a horrible quest. To have a quest that relies ENTIRELY on RNG odds is ridiculous. The stupid make 73 bread is bad enough, but at least that is a guaranteed "if I do x, I will get y".

Sprite1313

1683853295158.png

This in my little chapter 3 city is pretty annoying...

defiantoneks

View attachment 15677

This in my little chapter 3 city is pretty annoying...
annoying, but easy. at ch 3 you probably have a lot more WS than those of us at ch 19-20.
10 minutes for beers, overnight for groceries and then your daytime production will hit the tools.
the one i hate comes up in weekly quests, where it wants a bunch of toolboxes. i NEVER make 24 hour supply productions, and the idea of having to make a farm just to complete that one is why i always use the swap on it.

Sprite1313

at ch 3 you probably have a lot more WS than those of us at ch 19-20
LOL. Actually, I have four in my Ch 19 city, and six in my Ch 3, so not that much different. Like you, I don't use the 24 hour production, but I also rarely use the three hour, unless I have meetings. So I will have to run less efficiently if I want to finish this quest (or drop a few temporary level 1 WS to make it work).

GorgeousM18657

The 10 Pop i can handle due do my tourney play. But when it shows up as 10MM.. i always skip it.
I just let them sit in my que because I get a lot of daily quest that ask you to use 1 MM, ED or PoP. It works out early on in the event but later on in the event I will start getting rid of them. I generally get rid of the 9 hour and 24 hour ones.

defiantoneks

You know you don't have to accept that quest, right? I reset those and usually get something really easy like spending kp or vision vapor.
exactly. (as noted at the end of that little rant i had)
as long as i dont have to waste a spin to get away from a random event prize quest