• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is nuts!!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Seems to be some thin skin and defensiveness here which is why I'm thinking developers frequent this forum.
Users are typically more objective about software and it's performance, strengths and weaknesses.
Developers can tend to be a bit defensive interpreting feedback as personal attacks.

This game is played in 21 regions, most of which have languages that the Devs don't speak(they're German) While they do speak English, they do not frequent these forums, or if they do they never post. The forum moderators may pass some feedback onto the dev team, but don't expect to ever interact directly with anyone who is calling the shots.

DeletedUser9399

This game is played in 21 regions, most of which have languages that the Devs don't speak(they're German) While they do speak English, they do not frequent these forums, or if they do they never post. The forum moderators may pass some feedback onto the dev team, but don't expect to ever interact directly with anyone who is calling the shots.

why the edginess about criticisms of the game?
If someone is being sarcastic or bombastic that is one thing, but questioning some of rules or criticizing balance bringing out on one hand a condescending attitude and on the other a defensive attitude by what appears to be a group of "insiders" feels kinda bizarre.

"We are the BORG, if you do not think as we do you are not welcome here"

Granted I am a "new player" as new to the forum and new to the game and yes.
I've read some of the posts about "battle help" and some of it is very helpful, some of it seems out of date and some of it seems incomplete.
In the balance if I didn't like the game I wouldn't be here and playing - so obviously I do like the game.
I think it could be improved and current 'battle' play seems unfair as in weighted towards the game against the player, that is an opinion - no more no less and I would think most people would agree most things can be improved.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
why the edginess about criticisms of the game?
No one is edgy about criticism of the game. There is pretty much nobody here who isn't critical of at least one aspect if not many. Some people get annoyed at having to respond to the same ideas over and over again. Previous players have accused others of being shills/developers in disguise as a way to distract from the fact they had terrible ideas and didn't want to admit it or try to defend them. In general, suggesting that there is something wrong with another player's response because you say maybe they are a developer is a little bit insulting.

Muckster is just generally wearing a cranky persona and you're pretty much irrelevant if you haven't been insulted at least once from that direction. :p

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
No one is edgy about criticism of the game. There is pretty much nobody here who isn't critical of at least one aspect if not many. Some people get annoyed at having to respond to the same ideas over and over again. Previous players have accused others of being shills/developers in disguise as a way to distract from the fact they had terrible ideas and didn't want to admit it or try to defend them. In general, suggesting that there is something wrong with another player's response because you say maybe they are a developer is a little bit insulting.

Muckster is just generally wearing a cranky persona and you're pretty much irrelevant if you haven't been insulted at least once from that direction. :p

bo7T1DS.jpg

DeletedUser4993

But only playing tournaments makes the whole strategy of planning and building armies in the cities a moot point - basically a pointless exercise negating one of the key features of the game. :(

I have neither the time nor inclination to figure out fighting. Then taking the time to pick out troops then doing the fighting. Thank goodness it's not PvP since I would have left ages ago.

BTW Go to Google and look up Elvenar-It says "the Fantasy Building Game"

And for those of you who think that search works you got another thing coming. More than a one word search gives you nothing. If I do a 1 word search I get literally hundreds of responses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser188

Some people get annoyed at having to respond to the same ideas over and over again.
If a player gets annoyed at responding to the same question or ideas over and over again than my suggestion would be STOP DOING IT
Unless someone asks for a players response by name no one has to respond to anything
It more obvious everyday that a lot of players on this forum just want to increase their # of posts

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If a player gets annoyed at responding to the same question or ideas over and over again than my suggestion would be STOP DOING IT
There are people who have a compulsion to answer questions. There are also questions that get ignored for days at a time until one of the usual suspects responds to them. It's not for you or I to decide what other people do, or how they should feel about it.

DeletedUser9399

There are people who have a compulsion to answer questions. There are also questions that get ignored for days at a time until one of the usual suspects responds to them. It's not for you or I to decide what other people do, or how they should feel about it.

You make no sense.
If someone doesn't like responding to questions then they shouldn't respond to questions and if they do - where do they get off complaining about it?
Nobody forced, compelled or required them to answer the question and with their attitude it is doubtful they are contributing anything positive to a subjective conversation, merely repeating past convictions.

I'm not responsible for their compulsive behavior but they are responsible for their offensive remarks insinuating others are somehow making them respond.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Perhaps you are a bit blind to your bias.
Like walking into a bar of regulars who look down their noses at the 'outsiders' invading their space.

Perhaps you walk into a neighborhood bar expecting the regulars to hate you, so you put that bias on every comment they make.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Perhaps you are a bit blind to your bias.
Like walking into a bar of regulars who look down their noses at the 'outsiders' invading their space.
WTH are you even talking about?

You asked how a player could know so much if it says "new player" under their avatar.
-I explained that "new" is based on post-count in the forums, and not time played.
You said the battles were unbalanced.
- I posted some links to combat guides that I thought might help you overcome those imbalances.
You said that you felt posters were defencive regarding criticism of the game, and thought they might be developers in disguise.
-I explained that there are several layers of people between the US forums and the people making development decisions.
Then you quoted my explanation saying I'm blind to my own bias, and some sort of snob who doesn't like new players.

I must be "blind to my own bias", as I'm not even seeing where I posted a single opinion on anything. Here I was thinking I was being helpful by offering links to information and answers to questions.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You make no sense.
If someone doesn't like responding to questions then they shouldn't respond to questions and if they do - where do they get off complaining about it?
1) nobody suggested they don't like answering questions or responding to ideas, only that they don't like doing if for the same ones repeatedly, in a forum where one of the first few rules is do some searching first and don't make new threads about the same things that already have threads.

2) Complaining is one of the things humans do. Why else would you complain about other people complaining?

DeletedUser9399

1) nobody suggested they don't like answering questions or responding to ideas, only that they don't like doing if for the same ones repeatedly, in a forum where one of the first few rules is do some searching first and don't make new threads about the same things that already have threads.

2) Complaining is one of the things humans do. Why else would you complain about other people complaining?

Then ignore them, nobody is dragging the "old guard" out by the scruff of the neck to make them answer to those dang newbies.