• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why build only T3 factories

DeletedUser3312

I have begun messaging people that are only building T2 or T3 factories and asking why. I have been recruiting for my FS to fill in slots for inactive and I see so dang many people that only have Tier 3 and sometimes Tier 2 factories. For sure we do not want them as they would not help the FS in the least. But why do they think this is the best way to play the game? I'm hoping for some answers.

DeletedUser2824

My guess is that they want the higher amount of points the big factories give to their score. It's aggravating because they have to cross tier trade for their basic goods, and despite what they trader says about fair trades, the amount of work it takes to make the amount of basic goods versus the tier three goods isn't the same.

DeletedUser4372

I build 2 of each. 2 marble, 2 planks, 2 steel, 2 silk, 2 scrolls, 2 crystals, 2 each of the next 3.. that is the highest server i have. i do not fight unwinnable battles so i basicly do not fight... i have 20 houses for population and coin. 10 workshops, keep them updated. i buy my battles, its cheaper than wiping over and over and i do not need to have 3 armories. i still keep troops but i really very rarely get to use them as i never seem to have level amounts of troops. The days are gone of taking 70 troops and winning agaisnt 100, let alone having 91 troops and seeing 300 on the AI side. I play other games that have awesome battles, since the other 2 people quit that i joined with, this is just a house plant, water it daily and look at it a couple times, then leave the room, and go play on a Real Game...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I build 2 of each. 2 marble, 2 planks, 2 steel, 2 silk, 2 scrolls, 2 crystals, 2 each of the next 3
How high are your relic boosts?
The game is designed so that you only should build the factories that you have boosts for, and trade for the rest.
For example I'm almost at +700% boost for steel, that means my steel will produce 8x as many goods as a plank or marble factory would- And for the same cost in supplies&coins.

Edit: actually once you hit +401% it's better to build just your boosted types and trade with the Wholesaler than it is to build factories with 0% bonus :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser1766

Hmmm well the tier and 3 require large population so maybe they are building what they can with the pop they have. I have 10 tier 1, 6 tier 2 and 6 tier 3 but I have just discovered in the planner that I have too many and that even if I upgrade all the houses that I have space to upgrade it will not support me upgrading all those factories. The tier one might go first or I might have to remove a workshop but I just do not have the culture or pop to sustain all of them and it hurts to have to let go of anything with that much time and energy invested in it. I just do not have the pop to support wood elf facilities. sigh.

Think about it. If you had to sacrifice a factory then surely you would start with tier 1. The others are so hard to build and the trader charges a fortune for them. Destroying tier 1 is the most practical. I do not want to destroy any as it took so long to build them but there might be destruction in my future in order to make way for upgrades. I need more land.

DeletedUser3640

I prefer building a lot of T1 manufactories (planks in my case). They don't require a lot of support buildings (i.e. residences and workshops, because tier 1 goods are cheap to make), and they help me advance much faster in tech tree. And fast advancement in tech tree is all care about at the moment.

Kristincun

In my opinion, if you want to sacrifice factories, it should be tier 3 factories.
In my two cities, I have 4 steels or 5 marbles, 3 tier 2, and 2 tier 3. In both cities, I have an plenty of tier 3 goods. I recently built a 5th marble factory. I was doing a 4-3-2 ratio like it is in the other city, but marble produces less than steel. The two cities now produce about the same amount of tier 1 goods.

Last edited:

DeletedUser188

I have begun messaging people that are only building T2 or T3 factories and asking why
I produce all 3 types of my BOOSTED goods buildings Basic , Crafted ,and Magical
So I wont guess as to why some players choose to produce only crafted and magical goods
I would like to know if anyone you messaged about this actually answered with a reason and what their reason is
If you don't want to post their replies that's OK too because it doesn't effect my game 1 way or the other

DeletedUser3312

In my opinion, if you want to sacrifice factories, it should be tier 3 factories.
In my two cities, I have 4 steels or 5 marbles, 3 tier 2, and 2 tier 3. In both cities, I have an plenty of tier 3 goods. I recently built a 5th marble factory. I was doing a 4-3-2 ratio like it is in the other city, but marble produces less than steel. The two cities now produce about the same amount of tier 1 goods.

Humans and Elvan factories produce different amounts. so in some you don't need as many and in some you need more than the other culture. I have 7 Plank, 7 scroll (my FS is light in scrolls so I added 2 more factories) and 4 Dust. I don't always run all 4 dusts. usually when someone needs an extra amount or tournaments are asking for a lot of them. So they are then for when needed. I am a human. In another city I am an elf and so I need 10 marble, 3 scrolls, and 2 elixer. (I am able to trade easily for what I need with these numbers. For me, I build and sell factories as we gain and lose members in the FS in order to support the FS. That is important to me.)

I produce all 3 types of my BOOSTED goods buildings Basic , Crafted ,and Magical
So I wont guess as to why some players choose to produce only crafted and magical goods
I would like to know if anyone you messaged about this actually answered with a reason and what their reason is
If you don't want to post their replies that's OK too because it doesn't effect my game 1 way or the other

Have not heard back from anyone yet Andrew. Don't think they are going to. smiles.

SoggyShorts

Destroying tier 1 is the most practical.
One of your T3 buildings is eating as much pop, culture, and supplies as several of your T1 buildings combined.
It's hard to guess without knowing the exact levels/types of your buildings, but it's probably close to 2 of your T3 buildings equaling all of your T1

DeletedUser2870

All in all it would be a more efficient way of production to focus on only 1 type. And the tier 3 produce more value/square. And with the huge quantities produced it's easy to offer them at discount rates on the market to get the other stuff you need.

I don't like doing it myself though.
Until chapter 3 , I tend to build all tier 1 factories. Then sell off the non-boosted and will continue with boosted goods only.
And especially since I noticed quite some people do so, I build some additional tier 1 factories. Always in demand.

DeletedUser3111

I have 3 T1s, and 2 each of the T2 and T3. I also have one of each 'off' factory for now, though they are mainly there for convenience.
I sometimes have to trade my T2/T3 for T1 goods, and I always give favorable trades (somewhere between 1-10 and 1-15 generally) to encourage trades. I only do it if I burn all my T1 catering to tournaments though.

DeletedUser4372

How high are your relic boosts?
The game is designed so that you only should build the factories that you have boosts for, and trade for the rest.
For example I'm almost at +700% boost for steel, that means my steel will produce 8x as many goods as a plank or marble factory would- And for the same cost in supplies&coins.

Edit: actually once you hit +401% it's better to build just your boosted types and trade with the Wholesaler than it is to build factories with 0% bonus :p

i have 3 at about 300%.. i also went to trader and seen if i could trade for what i would need if i did what you said.. not one trade was available so i'm supposed to sit and spin until someone trades with what i put in there? Maybe i'm low enough that i do not see the difference you speak of..

DeletedUser3111

i have 3 at about 300%.. i also went to trader and seen if i could trade for what i would need if i did what you said.. not one trade was available so i'm supposed to sit and spin until someone trades with what i put in there? Maybe i'm low enough that i do not see the difference you speak of..

I always queue up trades way before I need stuff. I keep things in supply, and even across when I can. I almost never take someone else's trade, if I leave a fair trade up long enough, it will generally get picked up.

pespejo427

I have all boosted goods built in both my cities. I have the most tier 1 factories than and tier 2 and 3 are equal in quantity. If I can I trade them for non boosted goods. Also, I can always purchase the non-boosted goods when my coin level is at its max. All my boosted goods are currently at 300+ right now.

Thistleknot

All in all it would be a more efficient way of production to focus on only 1 type. And the tier 3 produce more value/square

Dhurrin has the right idea here. I suspect that the people that have only Tier-3 goods are people that are completely focused on ranking. By specializing in Tier 3 goods, you produce the highest valued good. You have more points for ranking because the space is utilized for the highest point value buildings. Since you are producing a lot of the same good, trading for all others would be easy. You would not be concerned about cross-tier trading because you are on the better side of any trade. If Soggy's analysis is correct, even making three-star trades for tier-1 and tier-2 goods is still to your advantage. I just don't agree with this style of play.

I currently have 6 level-19 Planks manufactories, 3 level-19 Scrolls manufactories, and 3 level-19 Magic Dust manufactories. My boosts are at 670%, 717% and 703% respectively thanks to my Mountain Halls. On average, have 655K of each tier-1 good, 626K of each tier-2 good, and 507K of each tier-3 good. I take trades constantly and try to post 60 trades every week. Since I am still winning some of my combats, I don't have to negotiate as much. I feel that overall I am doing fairly well and I help keep the trade routes flowing. And if I can find the space, I might even add another Scrolls or Magic Dust manufactory.

SoggyShorts

At +300% your boosted goods make 4x what your non boosted goods make.
That means you could post 1,000 of your boost for 500 of your non boost and still be WAY ahead of producing your own non-boosted.
Or you could post 1,000 and ask for 251 and STILL be better off.

As for wait times on trades, test it out- post 200 of your steel for 100 planks-- I'd be shocked it it takes more than 30 minutes to get taken.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Humans and Elvan factories produce different amounts. so in some you don't need as many and in some you need more than the other culture.

This is why number of factories is so hard to compare, plus variances between the factories themselves. Comparisons per square are like for like (close enough for most levels and identical at lvl 15). Also surprisingly once you reach a certain era (suspect era3) the zoning for factories per square doesn't need to increase unless you desire it to. It is why some people delete factories as they go through the eras as it is the footprint that counts not the number of buildings.

Dhurrin has the right idea here. I suspect that the people that have only Tier-3 goods are people that are completely focused on ranking. By specializing in Tier 3 goods, you produce the highest valued good. You have more points for ranking because the space is utilized for the highest point value buildings. Since you are producing a lot of the same good, trading for all others would be easy. You would not be concerned about cross-tier trading because you are on the better side of any trade. If Soggy's analysis is correct, even making three-star trades for tier-1 and tier-2 goods is still to your advantage. I just don't agree with this style of play.

We had someone in our fellowship talk about doing this and it was because they felt they could get more goods by doing at due to the in-game ratios for the trades. They did not go down this path after we had discussion about it in the fellowship.

Whether score or qty of goods this seems to be the 2 reasons I am aware of that people do this.

DeletedUser3507

I have found that 5 tier 3's, 5 tier 2's and 8 tier 1 works better.
5 lvl 15 tier 3',5 lvl 19 tier 2's , 8 lvl 19's tier 1's
My tier 2 outproduces all others at this point
And when finishing faries I had a score of 105k.With 51k cultural overflow.:D

Last edited by a moderator: