• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why build only T3 factories

DeletedUser4372

Only way to not have tier 1 goods and not be a douche in trades is if you have a great gold supply and constantly buy tier 1 goods through the trader and then use those goods to trade for your boosted tier 1 good that you aren't producing.

I'm constantly using my extra gold to buy tier 2, since I usually have less total tier 2 goods but I wonder how much tier 1 goods I could buy if I actually did all my neighbour visits daily (which I don't).

When does the Trader allow me to start buying Tier 2 with coins? since i hardly battle, i do max out on both coins and supplies but can only buy tier one at this time? my highest map is just before the stage 4 scout training? (so im in 2 and 3).

DeletedUser3507

Non boosted manufactories should be removed and use the space + population you recovered for boosted ones, at first U had all types, but realized the goods you get are trivial from non boosted, ao I removed them all recovered 3700 pop and made more boosted ones, this was long long ago, but yes it happened. (learning experience)

DeletedUser3507

umm yes have 5 scroll lvl 19 factories (T2), 5 magic dust lvl 15 factories(T3). And have a boost of 627% on them.

But then consider I am in chapter 8, and happily have broke the dang Orc barrier.:p

DeletedUser2963

When does the Trader allow me to start buying Tier 2 with coins? since i hardly battle, i do max out on both coins and supplies but can only buy tier one at this time? my highest map is just before the stage 4 scout training? (so im in 2 and 3).

Keep in mind, people saying negative things about "cross tier trades". Are not talking about lower tier goods being offered for higher tier goods. New players offer these up often, as they do not have tier 2 and 3 goods. These trades generally will get snatched from the market pretty quickly, even if offered at 0 stars.

DeletedUser4372

well thank you, i just did not scroll over far enough.. i had tried to scroll all the way over a few times at the start but learned that it stopped at a certain spot and never tested it again... w/o wasting tons of materials on battles, i keep maxing out, at least now, i can get all tiers! thanks to all that helped :+)

DeletedUser4372

@tigor You're welcome. I've personally converted about 20 players to boosted only between FS and forums, and the only complaint I hear is that they wish they'd done it sooner.
Btw the reason you "don't have extra to trade" is because you have non-boosted:D
Just imagine instead of making
4,000 planks
1,000 steel
1,000 marble
you could be making
12,000 planks

You're losing HALF of your daily production now, but if you want to wait until you are losing 66% that's your call :eek:

And regarding the 50% penalty, other players that are far away from you (but are bigger) don't have to pay any penalty because they have already discovered you.

When you are small there are far more players that can take your trades compared to players whose trades you can take.

actually, NO. i do not have enough because i am still building and leveling the boosted factories. you see, when it is being leveled up? it is not producing anything, an upgrading factory actually takes a larger amount of the product it produces, as a need to upgrade. You left out the basic process i must go through to get to the point you pretend is where i am, next time someone clearly states a fact, instead of trying to make them look stupid, try thinking first.. I see the logic in your plan and am working towards this end. but there are steps in-between where i am and where you think i am. You also failed to calculate that a new lvl 2 boosted plant, even when not upgrading, still does not make 4x a lvl 10 unboosted. When it catches up, and it will, the logic in your plan will work just fine..

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You left out the basic process i must go through to get to the point you pretend is where i am
Relax mate, you read an insult where there wasn't one.
I know that it takes time to switch over, but on the plus side for every non-boosted building that you nuke you get a ton of pop and culture back, so if you nuke then build you don't need any space, culture, or pop so that should help.
I do tend to forget about the goods needed to pay for those upgrades since we donate those to our FS members that make the switch, so for you it may take a bit longer- glad to hear that you're on your way though:)
EDIT: I had a quick look at the wiki, and you are right, a level 2 boosted doesn't make as much as a level 10 un-boosted, but a level 5 does, so you're looking at just under 2 hours to get back to where you were(per building)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3942

speaking from own experience: YES it hurts to nuke those non boosted factories and it will slow down your progress a little bit (for me it was a few days) during the process of remodeling your city.
On the bright side it is so worth the effort! ever since I finished the switch my gaming life got so much better and easier... :D

Having a supportive FS ( <3 my FS!!) of course can remedy your losses and the time to regain your strength ;) (not saying the one you might be in isn't...)

DeletedUser3507

Yes , been there, done that. In the beginning I knew not the proper method, but when I dumped all non boosted I gained 3600 pop and alot of space which I used for boosted, my FS uses the 5,5,5 standard more if you can for tier 1 through 3.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
my FS uses the 5,5,5 standard
I wouldn't call that standard lol
I tend to assume that players looking for help in a thread like this are "average" and have not bought a bunch of expansions for real $$, nor have they cleared 50-100 provinces more than needed to unlock the next chapter.
Imagine a chapter 3 or 4 player trying to fit 5 elixir factories.. totally impossible, and completely unneeded. (I have always had 2, and by the time I finished chapter 6 I had enough tier 3 goods in the bank to complete every single research in chapter 7.

DeletedUser3507

My FS is in chapter 7 and 8 and 9 nothing lower Soggy.
And only 3 to 5 of us go the premium route.