• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why build only T3 factories

DeletedUser3686

I always queue up trades way before I need stuff. I keep things in supply, and even across when I can. I almost never take someone else's trade, if I leave a fair trade up long enough, it will generally get picked up.

This is really good advice, and I can second that it works fantastically.

Even if you don't need a certain good just yet, always put out a steady stream of trades because at some point you will need those items. I always try to keep my goods on hand fairly even, like if I have 12,000 steel I will trade 4,000 for marble and 4,000 for planks. I put up new trades almost every day.

Unless it's a really slow day, fair trades always get snagged within a day for me, usually much quicker even. If there's a lot of one good flooding the market, just make it a slightly better three star trade and yours will be grabbed first.

You won't notice the hours passing by when you don't need a trade to be completed, but that time will certainly lag as slow as possible the moment you need something haha.

DeletedUser3468

I've sort of changed my attitude a bit where cross tier trades are concerned. We now have a member of one of my Fellowships who had done away with all of his Tier One factories, including his boosted one. That certainly frees up a lot of space. I can't complain about his cross tier trades to get tier one goods because they are always fair trades... but, dang it's a pain in the rear at times to have someone constantly needing 2000+ tier one goods and offering tier two and three goods for them when there are other Fellowship members who are needing the same goods but offering goods in the same tier. Or, for that matter when he's asking for something I have but that I need other tier one goods in return for them! Oh well, unless there's something he has that I desperately need, I can just ignore them. I'm beginning to see why our Archmage has let it be known that, while these type of cross tier trades are fine as long as they're fair, he personally won't pick them up. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I've sort of changed my attitude a bit where cross tier trades are concerned
Have you seen our latest calculations here?
Factoring in supplies, culture, population and space the proper ratio for trades should be
9:4:2
not
16:4:1

So a "fair" trade would be if he asked you for 450 steel in exchange for 100 Dust.

DeletedUser2499

NO. i do not have enough because i am still building and leveling the boosted factories.

We all are, he's is trying to help. We all forget what is was to have to start. "Do not bite the hand that feeds"

Take it, or leave it

It is just advice

SoggyShorts

NO. i do not have enough because i am still building and leveling the boosted factories.
We all are, he's is trying to help. We all forget what is was to have to start. "Do not bite the hand that feeds"
Take it, or leave it
It is just advice
Sorry, who or what are you referring to? It seems like you are replying to something someone said, but it's not clear...

DeletedUser2499

I do tier 3 to 1 trades all the time, most of the time they get picked up right away, either by FS or Neighbors. Because when it is time for my tier 3 it is there and I have more boosted tier 1 than any other. I just trade fair and it seems to work for me.

I was replying to Tigor, and you got it. Sorry. Hey, thanks for all the help with the Flurry Quest. :) Race you to the Tower :)

DeletedUser3696

Take it, or leave it

It is just advice
Maybe I just played the game differently, but I never needed to trade tier 3 goods for tier 2 or 1 at any point in the game and I am still a highly military player who hates to cater.

I understand newer players trading up and it's obvious why those trades get gobbled up (too bad new players don't understand to make it like the 9:4:2 as Soggy pointed out is more fair). You don't need to look to far ahead in the tech tree to see what activation costs are going to be, or look at what it will cost to upgrade buildings to know what you'll need in the future and then plan for it. Even then you may only need an emergency trade from a fellow FS member to bail you out so you can upgrade/activate something and then learn to be prepared the next time.

It's annoying to see pages and pages of cross-tier trades and they usually sit for 2-3 days only to be replaced by newer ones??? Every time I see a cross-tier trade I see someone trying to rip another player off (unless it's a 3 star and a good one at that).

DeletedUser3507

I accept very few cross trades. Takes way more tier 1 manufacturers to produce enough goods.
I have 8 tier 1's @ max lvl, 5 tier 2's at max lvl and 5 tier 3's @ lvl 15.

What I find is with Inno setting max boost @ 700% is disheartening:mad:.That and land is the whole reason for scouting and conquering provinces.

This capping of boost is ridiculous. But for those that have only tier 3 productions lol you will wish you didn't when you hit max boost.;)

DeletedUser3468

Have you seen our latest calculations here?
Factoring in supplies, culture, population and space the proper ratio for trades should be
9:4:2
not
16:4:1

So a "fair" trade would be if he asked you for 450 steel in exchange for 100 Dust.

Wow! That's a major difference! I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if the player were only asking for 450 steel rather than 1600 steel! I doubt that we'll see offers like that though.

SoggyShorts

Wow! That's a major difference! I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if the player were only asking for 450 steel rather than 1600 steel! I doubt that we'll see offers like that though.
There's a group of us on Beta pushing for a change, but we just got a bunch of suggestions approved so we might ease off on pestering the Devs.
Probably not though lol, this might be at the top of my list now that
1. notification overhaul
2. ring lines or numbers
3. a better way to do neighborly visits
have all been approved and forwarded to the devs

Fixing the Trading ratios and seeing scout times on tooltip/being allowed to cancel a scout are really all that's left on my "quality of life" improvements list. There were some things with tournaments, but that's getting an overhaul anyways.

DeletedUser3507

Wait to you have to do 250 visits. I brake them into 3 , so its not as bad;)

Thistleknot

That would be the best thing ever... I currently do 126 a day and it is always the worst part of my day.

I have around 200 cities that I have almost everyday. I can get through them in about 40 minutes. Something that really helps is using the W and E keys. I use the mouse to select a city. E actives the neighborly help. Make a quick selection with the mouse. W takes me back to the world map. Repeat. It goes fairly quickly which makes my wife happy. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser61

The most ego deflating question in the whole world is
"Are you in yet?"

And you can probably guess what's the fastest 4-handed game in town.