• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why build only T3 factories

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
23 I belive.
23 expansions from provinces would be there bare minimum to unlock fairies. Did you have armories? I've played a lot with the architect, and I can't see any way to fit that many factories.

255ud51.png

That might not be perfect, but I'm pretty sure I can't fit 2 more T2, 3 more T3, 2 more armories, and all of the culture, workshops, and population in that space.

DeletedUser4372

i will look harder at selling non-boosted manufacturers when i'm over 400%.. with the 50% tax. it is not worth it now. i really do not have all this "extra" to sell at discount. i barely have enough to sell some of the overage to balance my stacks.. but nowhere close to having enough of one item to sell to cover 3.. thanks for the advice Soggy Shorts!

SoggyShorts

@tigor You're welcome. I've personally converted about 20 players to boosted only between FS and forums, and the only complaint I hear is that they wish they'd done it sooner.
Btw the reason you "don't have extra to trade" is because you have non-boosted:D
Just imagine instead of making
4,000 planks
1,000 steel
1,000 marble
you could be making
12,000 planks

You're losing HALF of your daily production now, but if you want to wait until you are losing 66% that's your call :eek:

And regarding the 50% penalty, other players that are far away from you (but are bigger) don't have to pay any penalty because they have already discovered you.

When you are small there are far more players that can take your trades compared to players whose trades you can take.

DeletedUser3507

I did that 3 months ago and gained over 12k score at the time annd 3k population.

DeletedUser3507

Soggy that's 23 premium not counting all the ones from 223 provinces.
Not sure how many that is.

DeletedUser3507

Ah thanks.:D

(Edit) Soggy 35 Province+ 23 Premium= 58 total expansions

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Ah thanks.:D

(Edit) Soggy 35 Province+ 23 Premium= 58 total expansions

Ahhhh that changes things a bit...o_O
I was wondering how you would have enough room
23 premium
32 from tech
35 from world map
---
90 expansions vs the "normal" 55 expansions-- So, yeah I can see how you have might have room for 3 extra tier 3 buildings:rolleyes:

DeletedUser3507

#1 in Winnador has 13 tier 3, 12 tier 2, 11 tier 1's.
Also 22 Giant snails.
And a 300k score.

Take a look at that one:rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

#1 in Winnador......Take a look at that one:rolleyes:
Yeah, I'm afraid I just don't get the appeal in buying a city like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad players like that exist as they cover for freeloaders like me, it just isn't my style. For what he spent I just bought a couple dozen games on Steam, and 2 brand new gaming PCs. (yay black Friday!)

DeletedUser3696

Only way to not have tier 1 goods and not be a douche in trades is if you have a great gold supply and constantly buy tier 1 goods through the trader and then use those goods to trade for your boosted tier 1 good that you aren't producing.

I'm constantly using my extra gold to buy tier 2, since I usually have less total tier 2 goods but I wonder how much tier 1 goods I could buy if I actually did all my neighbour visits daily (which I don't).

DeletedUser3297

Is there a way to see what other player's boost is?

Yes. The relic province that is located directly north and the 2 relics provinces to your southeast and southwest borders are your boosts. Once you see where your boosted relic provinces are, you can look at other cities on the map and determine their boosts as well.

DeletedUser3468

I've pretty much gone to just building my boosted factories, especially in my one human city. It's just too difficult to get enough space to have factories for goods that it's easier to trade for. On the other hand, in my Elf cities I do have some non boosted tier one & two factories. I love the look of the crystal factories so I have one in each of my 3 Elf cities. No, they don't produce a huge amount and if I ever get to the point where I'm desperate for space, I'll probably sell them but for now, they stay - just for pretty. I also have my Elf city in Arendyll (sp?) where I use lower level planks factories to make the space more green and pretty... and every 2 days I collect about 500 planks too. :) Again, if I ever get to where I need the space, I can always sell them.

As for not building any Tier One factories? Uh, no! Just no! You need the factories for your tier one boosted good to be able to trade fairly for the other tier one goods you need or you end up having to overbuy at the Trader so you can turn around and sell the excess non boosted tier one goods for your boosted tier one good! That is a massive waste of coins!

DeletedUser3297

I have never built a non-boosted manufactory, I get the idea behind it. To add some variety and make your town look more interesting, it makes sense to only set it for a 2 day production too. You already know that those goods are basically worthless :)

I think I have done just fine making my human city look very pretty without adding any non-boosts, so I will never do it.

DeletedUser3468

Where the human cities are concerned, I agree completely. The buildings just aren't interesting enough for me to waste space on the non boosted goods! Besides, there are other ways to make the human cities look nice! :D

DeletedUser2870

@kayleegrrl

Not quite. When starting the game one has no boost since it is something you have to unlock AND gain relics for. So it does make sense to place other factories as well to get started, even more so if you haven't joined a FS yet.