• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Might just as well as have put "give up on event and do no more quests". 24hr productions required from sentient level manufactories? Give me a break. Can't even pay diamonds to get through this quest.
"Complete X 3hr/9hr/24hr productions in any Goods buildings of your current chapter OR your previous chapter Or complete 3hr/9hr/9hr of any sentient good (max 8/4/2)

DeletedUser12815

Having spent some time with these " random quests " on Beta, they do nothing but repeat so cross your fingers you get a good combination or buckle down and use all your instants and diamonds. This is surely a Pay to Win event, extremely boring with complete lack of progression ( you will always feel like you should be ahead but still repeating the same 5 quests 6 times ) and without any feeling of accomplishment ( finish round one of the repeating quests only to start in on round 2 of 6 ).

I haven't heard from anyone, " I got lucky and none of the crap quests have affected me" or, "I love using 20hr instants" or "I love making worthless recipes in my MA to complete quests" or, " I love setting my only 5 workshops to toolboxes and missing out on actual tool collection I need for tournaments and production" or, "I love waiting an entire day of doing nothing in this event so that my next quest also asks me to wait another day and do nothing in this event." Nope, it sucks, step right up and enjoy 100% Inno trashed event experience for 100% pay to win for 24 entire days. I received the quest, Gain 7 relics over and over and over and if that's not the same as scout and complete provinces..... same poop different pile? And if you think you can time your random quests to fall on tournament days - good luck with that! If you didn't already feel Inno took all the strategy out of the game with Instants, Boosters, and Portal profits, do this event and use all their crappy repetitive rewards to make it half way thru.

To players who do not understand why players have no production in their city: Production is boring and extremely irrelevant for several strategies. Especially if you won sets, play 10 chest tournaments with troops and cater very few province to name a few reasons. Also, having extra Level 24 Tier 1 is extremely costly compared to level 1-19 productions, for Culture & Population so those of us who do not have 5 in our city, must now figure out where that pop and culture is going to come from with no chapter ahead of us to gain house research. To make that make more sense to you, we must build not only Tier 1's we don't want, but also more houses and culture buildings to upgrade them without the chance of unlocking any expansions as the world map has stopped giving them and again, we have no research to give us our 1 per chapter.

It's always the same feedback about the event quests, we keep saying how much this or that is terrible. You all deserve to know that no one is actually listening, not here anyways. You will need to join Beta and put your two cents in there. Even there, they are not really listening either. You actually have a better chance of being made fun of by a moderator then getting any idea or suggestion implemented. This new event strategy of Inno's ensures they get your money, your diamonds, as it's a fail safe Pay to Win event wrapped with some pretty but useless buildings you wont miss. Sure they have bonuses, some are original, some are not relevant to your strategy but none of the three buildings existed before and all can be ignored until you gather enough artifacts over the years to bother placing it. For Free. Remember it takes at least a year to get a new chapter. That's 3 FA's worth of artifacts. Also, all the daily prizes are repeats from other events so no loss trying for the elusive daily prize. Unless you really need more coin rains...

For those wanting it,

For those of you shutting out this event, you won't miss a thing and probably have the best 24 days of un-eventful bliss in your city.
Tomatoe always speaks the truth. I would 100% trust and agree with anything they say... and you can take that to the bank! Tomatoes's narrative is extremely well thought out and complete. Inno, fix it!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

Might just as well as have put "give up on event and do no more quests". 24hr productions required from sentient level manufactories? Give me a break. Can't even pay diamonds to get through this quest.
Clearly you missed the part about;
a) ANY goods building will work. (T1 - T3 for the 24hr production/s)
b) Who upgrades their T1-3 boosted to Sentient anyways? The goods boost overall is tiny, your T4-6 will just decay back into T1-3, and the pop/culture is better spent on the required T4-6 anyways.
c) Previous research will work just fine!!
ie: Anyone who's progressed into Elementals -> Constructs can still use the previous research levels. (ie: Wood Elves)

If/when new chapters are released that truly "break" the quest, then it can be modified at that point.

DeletedUser18810

I do not like the Quest format for this or the previous one. You can't plan your moves. Enjoyment gone. Makes you want to give up before you start.

Building Level requirements should of been announced in the game. One spot says Buildings up to three Levels back. Another spot says I have to have current Level 24s. Which is it?

I can't get Provence Expansions any more. Now I need level 24 buildings which I have no room for. Also no room for my new race buildings. Deleted a lot.

Level 24 Goods is no good for FA, but the Quest wants them. Means double the Goods buildings without Space increase.

Big Time Bummer!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Clearly you missed the part about;
c) Previous research will work just fine!!
ie: Anyone who's progressed into Elementals -> Constructs can still use the previous research levels. (ie: Wood Elves)

When you say chapter, you mean research level. When Inno says chapter and means chapter, you say they can't do math and are fibbers.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's the same as the last event, and almost the same as the Summer Solstice. We haven't had 4 full weeks for a major event in quite a while (Phoenix probably).
I guess I never noticed. this will be the first time in quite a while that I won't be able to get the buildings I want at a useful level.

qaccy

One of the greatest, and simplest things they could do is make the quests auto complete in groups, like the FA. Group the quests in sets of 16, then anything you harvest goes toward finishing a quest. Once all quests are green, you collect the "thingamoabobs" for completing the group of 16 quests. An easy group might get you fewer things than a hard group, but that's just gravy. Set up that way, no-one ever has to cringe in dismay becuase they collected the wrong workshop at the wrong time.

I like this idea! Taking the current system for FA quests and adapting it for events sounds pretty convenient. Allowing a scout to run in the background while working on the other quests in a set allows scouting to still be the intended 'roadblock' for late-game players without the frustration of hoping a scout quest comes up before your scout finishes or waiting until the quest appears and then doing nothing for the entire scouting time.

The Unbeliever

When you say chapter, you mean research level. When Inno says chapter and means chapter, you say they can't do math and are fibbers.
They made that exact exception for the workshops 'at current chapter or 3 previous', but managed to forget to implement that same exception for the goods factories...

My Ork city can use Lv9-15 workshops for this event just fine, despite that the 'superior' research IIRC, is technically 4 chapters behind my current Ch.8 (as there's no Ch.5 research for workshops)
But suddenly that exact same rule no longer applies as soon as you switch to goods, which makes 0 sense... so instead of actually getting the benefit of the 'previous chapter', I just get screwed because I'm simply in the wrong chapter. :(

DeletedUser12564

I haven't heard from anyone, " I got lucky and none of the crap quests have affected me" or, "I love using 20hr instants" or "I love making worthless recipes in my MA to complete quests" or, " I love setting my only 5 workshops to toolboxes and missing out on actual tool collection I need for tournaments and production" or, "I love waiting an entire day of doing nothing in this event so that my next quest also asks me to wait another day and do nothing in this event." Nope, it sucks, step right up and enjoy 100% Inno trashed event experience for 100% pay to win for 24 entire days.
Like you were reading my mind.
Between being catapulted forwards and receiving unlimited coin rains and windfalls, their workshops are a few chapters behind and can afford to be, but so are their productions!
And what about people who battle exclusively? One of my FS fellows is a fighter, and he has a single T-1 building, a single T-2 building, and two T-3 buildings. 5 two day productions for that poor guy..it would that long or longer to level more buildings to his chapter so he's just screwed. Jesus Inno, the very least you could have done was announce this before the event instead of hoping most people would just get eff'd and have to buy keys. The only reason anyone in my fellowship knew about your new rules was because of a third party site. Shame on you for being so cheaty.
This is sad. I liked this game a lot and hadn't really had a problem helping support Inno's production and hosting of it. Past tense.
I thought using Wonders was part of the strategy of working within space restrictions imposed by regular gameplay. I am 100% supplies and gold maxed 95% of the time thanks to this strat with six workshops that are three chapters behind my current research -and the only reason they're this leveled is because the orcs and goblins buildings are ugly. Maybe if I was only running the 4 I had planned to reduce my count to I would need them upgraded, but keeping buildings at my research level means I'd be fighting for very limited space to place them. Unless, of course, I pay for expansions..wink wink..nudge nudge.
I have 5 T-1 goods buildings, two of which are leveled to my current chapter, the rest are in Woodelves still because I have over 6 million planks and didn't need to have the buildings leveled to current chapter. If I had moved a little faster in my city arranging I would only have two T-1 production buildings because I just don't need to have any more. And I cater 90% of the time.
By the way Inno, T-1 goods production..do you even actually play this game in a non god-mode capacity? Have you looked at the listed trades? How about balancing the gameplay this game is supposed to be about instead of making a hundred events and side quests in an attempt to keep players playing, and paying for, a broken main game?
Using an AW to aid my goods production while keeping building count low and size/arrangement manageable given the space constraints and the need to keep population high enough to advance seemed to be the strategy to "win" the game.I guess we're not supposed to win though, just keep coming back to an increasingly boring game that's only new offerings are events and contests that require revamping playstyle for the main game.
I notice that events and playthroughs of the black hole come fast and furious lately, but new research and settlement chapters are few and far between. Is this the trend now? If we don't like gambling and the new play our way system we can always sit around waiting for a new chapter?
These changes are disheartening and disappointing, and lately I've been liking Elvenar and Inno enough to log in about once a day; I help my fellows, turn over productions, start a scout if the last one has finally finished, mouse over an upgrading building, note the remaining 24+ hours left on the upgrade, get bored, go to a different game, spend the money I used to give to Inno on the other game. I put some emphasis on that just in case Inno actually does read these. It seemed important to highlight the loss they might actually care about.

DeletedUser19458

They made that exact exception for the workshops 'at current chapter or 3 previous', but managed to forget to implement that same exception for the goods factories...

My Ork city can use Lv9-15 workshops for this event just fine, despite that the 'superior' research IIRC, is technically 4 chapters behind my current Ch.8 (as there's no Ch.5 research for workshops)
But suddenly that exact same rule no longer applies as soon as you switch to goods, which makes 0 sense... so instead of actually getting the benefit of the 'previous chapter', I just get screwed because I'm simply in the wrong chapter. :(

Worked fine for me. Did you actually try it or just stating it? I am in Halflings and quest I just did said "current or previous chapter" to collect some T1. There is no research in previous chapter so it is actually research from 2 chapters ago in woodelves. I collected my T1 and carried on.

Risen Malchiah

My WS's are level 33. Are you saying I can only use level 30+ WS's in this event? You realize how long it takes to build a level 30 workshop, right?
For Constructs, you only need lvl 26 workshops. Still takes a long time to level up from scratch, but at least you don't have to take them all the way to 30.
Orcs players are in a decent position. You've got the benefit of orc residence population but only need dwarf-level factories. Fairies players have it a lot worse as they're far less likely to have the population to support too many dwarven factories. I know I didn't when I was in fairies and I let them lag behind a bit until I was in Orcs.

DeletedUser12564

"Complete X 3hr/9hr/24hr productions in any Goods buildings of your current chapter OR your previous chapter Or complete 3hr/9hr/9hr of any sentient good (max 8/4/2

Is that mix and match? Er..does that mean that collecting a quest requiring 10 of some such good could be completed collecting 5 from one manufactory, 3 from another, and 2 from another? That would make it a lot nicer on pure battlers, not that I'm one, just that it seems less hurtful for those who are.

Risen Malchiah

Inno, the very least you could have done was announce this before the event instead of hoping most people would just get eff'd and have to buy keys. The only reason anyone in my fellowship knew about your new rules was because of a third party site. Shame on you for being so cheaty.
Absolutely!

Believe it or not, I *support* having minimum level requirements for the sake of balance. But doing it now after years of doing things differently *without announcing the changes* is a huge middle finger to the players. This should have been made crystal clear in-game weeks in advance.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Worked fine for me. Did you actually try it or just stating it? I am in Halflings and quest I just did said "current or previous chapter" to collect some T1. There is no research in previous chapter so it is actually research from 2 chapters ago in woodelves. I collected my T1 and carried on.

If you are in any of the chapters that do not include tier 1 research, then you only get your current because you unlocked it in a previous chapter. So yes, the way it worked for you is correct. But you are restricted to only those Woodelf-level factories. If you were still in Woodelves, you would be able to use the Woodelf-level factories or the Dwarf-level factories.

Status
Not open for further replies.