• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 312108

@Bricabrac The event is three weeks long, we have had a lot to say about it and what it entails. Many of us track what quests we are getting, some like @MinMax Gamer do very detailed examinations of the data. Are we vocal when we see an issue, of course. Keep in mind, that the forums are just a small section of some of the feedback being received about the event. I have seen many unhappy posts. I do not follow twitter or instagram, but I am fairly certain that the frustration that is being expressed on the forum is also being expressed there.

The frustration is very understandable. If you are a upper level player who it does not make sense to have a chapter -1 boosted t1, those quests are a show stopper and since you could have quests that call up to 7 productions - that could be a full day (sans sleep) of work if you only have 1 brought up. Similar if you have a city built without workshops because you are acquiring supplies from event buildings and ancient wonders, you are also blocked from progress. If you are, like so many of us, getting a ridiculous number of gain relic, scout/research/vv, encounter/tourney encounter quests, and are not close to max chapter, you may be running into what I am and be over-scouted. I don't want to go over the number of provinces needed to open the next chapter.
This event, to me, has fundamental flaws that data mining and looking at the impact of multiple events with these types of quests would have long term should have been done first. And yes, the 'fix' caused more upset, because it worsened the issue of the quests that have a permanent impact on the player's game.

This thread like beta will wind down when live gets chapter 15 and many folks will be focused on that or we are so burned out by this even that we just won't care about anything to do with this game for at least a month.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Unbelievable! Six times in a row I had to wait 40 hrs for my scout to return because I received “Solve encounters or tournaments” and “Scout one province or research 1 tech or gain 15 vision vapor.”

Now my scout has returned and I am ready to tackle the event quests again. Guess what quest popped up next? “Produce Toolboxes 3 times with a Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters.” Another day wasted trying to complete this event because of random quests appearing when you’re not prepared for them. I’ve set all my workshops to produce toolboxes just in case this quest pops up several more times in a row.

GlamDoll

This thread like beta will wind down when live gets chapter 15 and many folks will be focused on that or we are so burned out by this even that we just won't care about anything to do with this game for at least a month.

It is no secret, that you brought ME back, from the brink, in regards to guilt, with this fiasco!!! BUT, in case anyone missed it, or, was just unaware, IT IS SO!

I will never be able to thank you enough.....without sounding like a shill, or azz-kisser!

Moving along, to "current" events................I give you more than 100%! ALL you math Wizards, can just "deal" with it :p

Seriously, I almost gave up & just decided to move along, to another game.....Still contemplating, actually. I was looking for a game my crappy laptop could handle, when I found this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, also, would like to add...not that I care, OR, expect anyone to believe me. I really am an Introvert in real life!

Seriously, does anyone actually think/believe, that I would get to express myself in RL, like I do on this forum, in this thread?

WITHOUT, someone/anyone/almost everyone, cutting me off?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think you may be even more elegant than myself ( in my wildest dreams, of even being elegant)!!!

A month???? I love ya!!! But!!! I am gonna need waaaay more than a month.....OR!!!! Inno, will have to not only surpass my expectations!!! BUT, blow them away, as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I am fairly certain, I know what you mean by a month.....but I will keep my post as is....why not? Inno is doing even wilder stuff than I am, so, who cares? :p

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@ElegantZara I was trying to be generous... 3 months and well, we'll probably be exhausted from the next event. I think it's a huge balancing act and so far large events and FAs are becoming overwhelming and with the endless quest format, it makes that more so. Oh well, soon it will be Thanksgiving and X-mas and I won't have time for games :)

Well, if Inno sticks to the two-week delay from Beta to Normal they have been using for almost a year now, that means Chapter 15 will release to everyone in two days, between Tuesday night at new game day and Wed night at new game day. That will not change factory requirements for anyone, but workshop requirements will go up from level 26 to level 28 for anyone finished with chapter 14, once they get past the chapter 15 Advanced Scouts research.

And then the Winter event will start on the normal servers the first week of December. Plus a Halloween mini-event starting the final couple of days of this month. I wonder if they will throw anything at us in the not-quite weeks between this event ending and the Halloween mini-event starting, like another Crafting Challenge or another FA? Hopefully not, since they can do that instead in the 3-4 weeks we will have between
the Halloween and Winter events. Note, this is all based on start times from the past two years, but I do not think they will deviate from that much.

GlamDoll

Well, if Inno sticks to the two-week delay from Beta to Normal they have been using for almost a year now, that means Chapter 15 will release to everyone in two days, between Tuesday night at new game day and Wed night at new game day. That will not change factory requirements for anyone, but workshop requirements will go up from level 26 to level 28 for anyone finished with chapter 14, once they get past the chapter 15 Advanced Scouts research.

And then the Winter event will start on the normal servers the first week of December. Plus a Halloween mini-event starting the final couple of days of this month. I wonder if they will throw anything at us in the not-quite weeks between this event ending and the Halloween mini-event starting, like another Crafting Challenge or another FA? Hopefully not, since they can do that instead in the 3-4 weeks we will have between
the Halloween and Winter events. Note, this is all based on start times from the past two years, but I do not think they will deviate from that much.

So, I have read & read & reread (improper English, blasting ALL your braincells).....Two words, (If this is all so)............

Thank You!

I have gone to semi'active.....

@Inno......I would like to que my stuff up for a week at a time. Thanks! :/

Tauriel Dragonwood

I just realized if you’re up to Chapter 8 (Orcs & Goblins) when you receive quests to produce supplies with a Workshop from your current or previous 3 chapters, you can produce supplies with a Workshop from your current or previous 2 chapters, not 3, since there was no research to upgrade Workshops in Chapter 5.

Elves up to Chapter 8 unlocked Workshops in Chapters 2-3 and 6-8.
Humans up to Chapter 8 unlocked Workshops in Chapters 2, 4 and 6-8.

Have some good news. Even though I’m up to Chapter 8, I was able to produce Advanced Tools from a Level 9 Workshop, even though that level is from Chapter 3, (five previous chapters from chapter 8).

Guess the game devs realized there is no research to upgrade Workshops in Chapter 5 so they allowed Workshops from Chapter 3 included as the previous 3 chapters.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I just realized if you’re up to Chapter 8 (Orcs & Goblins) when you receive quests to produce supplies with a Workshop from your current or previous 3 chapters, you can produce supplies with a Workshop from your current or previous 2 chapters, not 3, since there was no research to upgrade Workshops in Chapter 5.

Elves up to Chapter 8 unlocked Workshops in Chapters 2-3 and 6-8.
Humans up to Chapter 8 unlocked Workshops in Chapters 2, 4 and 6-8.

It should look back 4 to 5 chapters for that research instead of three. That is, orcs should not require level 16 workshops; woodelves would.

Black watch

Well, since we're counting...

52 different people posted in this thread. As was mentioned, many were new or first time posters, and only posted once. But, the vast majority of posts were made by only 13 posters, totaling over 520 posts themselves.
So yeah, even though this thread is 44 pages, if each person complaining only lodged their complaint once, this thread would only be 3 pages.

Make of that what you will.

But the reality is, most of the posts were detailing the mess of an event that INNO produced and many people within that number have been logging onto to this thread to give feedback to INNO so they can understand the problem, see how it's effecting their players and hopefully fix it.
Then couple that with almost no feed back from INNO until Dusty Fairy logged in a short time ago, and you have a bunch of loyal players desperate for the game they enjoy to be fixed.
Don't forget, games are supposed to be fun... ALMOST no one is having fun during this event.

Lastly, with only three pages of complaints, INNO could blow off the response as a bump in the road. With 44 pages, that's hard to ignore.

Last edited:

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

But the reality is, most of the posts were detailing the mess of an event that INNO produced and many people within that number have been logging onto to this thread to give feedback to INNO so they can understand the problem, see how it's effecting their players and hopefully fix it.
Them couple that with almost no feed back from INNO until Dusty Fairy logged in a short time ago, and you have a bunch of loyal players desperate for the game they enjoy to be fixed.
Don't forget, games are supposed to be fun... ALMOST no one is having fun during this event.

Lastly, with only three pages of complaints, INNO could blow off the response as a bump in the road. With 44 pages, that's hard to ignore.

Yes. When trying to "make of this" what I will I kept thinking okay...should we have shut up on page 3? No, I don't think that's it. Is everything past page 3 irrelevant to the issues we are addressing. No, I didn't think that made sense either. So then I thought is the point of that to say that most of it after page 3 was just "whining".

@Black watch I think I would rather stick with your answer. I appreciate you saying what you did. +1 for me, as I do not like that as loyal players kept running into issue after issue (after Issue!) they took the time to come back here (probably not every time either!) to give feedback, to be helpful, because they do love the game or they wouldn't bother to give 2 cents worth for it. So I will not let All of this feedback be dwindled down to 3 pages. The "feedback" given in every page here should be taken into account most certainly. Some people are gifted when writing & detailing information & some are maybe not so much, still, 1 person can deliver a ton of valuable feedback where others struggle to say "this sucks!" . If the feedback given here (from pg. 1 to "endless pages") is not put to use, then they deserve the consequences that will ensue.

that is what I make of it ...... :)

*edited for politeness :oops:

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
The devs need to rethink the number of encounters they are working with for each of the various encounter quests. I know humans are predisposed to think in 5s and 10s because of our fingers (the original counting device) it is because of our fingers that we use a number system that is based on 10. I assumed that is why so many of the encounter quests seem to be based on 5.

Please reconsider and base the encounter quests on 4. There are 8 encounters per province - there are 4 encounter per section of the spire and there are 4 encounters per tourney province.

Quests that ask for spire encounters - should be asking for 4 - NOT 5

I personally think asking for 5 times the number of tourney encounters vs regular provinces is too high - but 4 times would work and wouldn't create partial province numbers within the tourney
And since regular provinces only have 8 encounters - anything related to regular provinces should be in multiples of 4. (instead of asking for 9 encounters or 45 tourney encounters - the quest would be 8 encounters or 32 tourney encounters.

Do you mean to suggest they actually think something through? Of course not! Not unless they are intentionally trying to torpedo us players. I am really feeling like the devs are giving the players the middle finger in so many ways now :mad: I'm under the impression that they couldn't care less since the new bunch at Inno seems to have taken over the game :(

Adding: This was yet another weekend of not being able to make progress because with repeated encounter & relic quests I was forced to wait until tournament comes again. I keep wondering why I'm even playing at this point. If they have decided that this is their approach to events, I'm not sure I even want to find out what a cluster the new chapter will be. Sad to say I'm looking for another game so I can just pop in and out of this one. They have sucked all of anything that was fun out of Elvenar :(

Last edited:

Black watch

Do you mean to suggest they actually think something through? Of course not! Not unless they are intentionally trying to torpedo us players. I am really feeling like the devs are giving the players the middle finger in so many ways now :mad: I'm under the impression that they couldn't care less since the new bunch at Inno seems to have taken over the game :(

Adding: This was yet another weekend of not being able to make progress because with repeated encounter & relic quests I was forced to wait until tournament comes again. I keep wondering why I'm even playing at this point. If they have decided that this is their approach to events, I'm not sure I even want to find out what a cluster the new chapter will be. Sad to say I'm looking for another game so I can just pop in and out of this one. They have sucked all of anything that was fun out of Elvenar :(

INNO, that's telling right there. This is what you're doing to your loyal fan base.

I think you need to start paying attention, the ship is clearly SINKING and a bloody cork isn't going to fix it!
Thanks for that post Deborah, it's what they need to see.

DeletedUser20951

Completely unrelated, I swear, but one must never forget that we are naught by whiners and agitators unless the majority agree with our complaints and deem them acceptable. : D

Alistaire

Well, since we're counting...

52 different people posted in this thread. As was mentioned, many were new or first time posters, and only posted once. But, the vast majority of posts were made by only 13 posters, totaling over 520 posts themselves.
So yeah, even though this thread is 44 pages, if each person complaining only lodged their complaint once, this thread would only be 3 pages.

Make of that what you will.
Well, yeah, a bunch of people coming in to post 1 time about how bad this is isn't going to change that kind of total very much. This forum is always about the same 13 posters going back and forth. Only difference here is now there's 39 extra people chiming in. So literally quadrupled the normal forum participants (and not in a good way).

DeletedUser3468

Agreed. Once I figured out the system for picking troops for best results, I went to autofighting for tourney. Learning how to pick the best fighters for the foes you're facing is the big thing but once you figure it out, it's great. It's even helped me with the (very) occasional foray into the dreaded Spire. (but never fight more than one wave!) I only cater now as a last resort if my Fellowship really needs a few more provinces done to finish a chest. To make this post apply to the Event and back on topic, I would love to see a change in how they calculate how many tourney encounters you should do in place of each regular encounter. This 5 regular or 25 tourney encounter stuff gets out of hand very quickly. It would be better - and much more fair - if each required encounter was equal to 1 tourney province; 4 or 16, 5 or 20, 6 or 24 and so on. The way it's set up now it soon gets far beyond the reach of many players. (9 or 45??? 9 or 36 would be much more reasonable and logical!)

The devs need to rethink the number of encounters they are working with for each of the various encounter quests. I know humans are predisposed to think in 5s and 10s because of our fingers (the original counting device) it is because of our fingers that we use a number system that is based on 10. I assumed that is why so many of the encounter quests seem to be based on 5.

Please reconsider and base the encounter quests on 4. There are 8 encounters per province - there are 4 encounter per section of the spire and there are 4 encounters per tourney province.

Quests that ask for spire encounters - should be asking for 4 - NOT 5

I personally think asking for 5 times the number of tourney encounters vs regular provinces is too high - but 4 times would work and wouldn't create partial province numbers within the tourney
And since regular provinces only have 8 encounters - anything related to regular provinces should be in multiples of 4. (instead of asking for 9 encounters or 45 tourney encounters - the quest would be 8 encounters or 32 tourney encounters.

Wow! What an amazing Idea!!! But it kinda feels like Deja Vu all over again... just sayin'... ;););)

(To be fair, I have no idea if WolfSinger even saw my 2 earlier posts on this thread about this or any of the other times that I think I've mentioned it during previous events.:D) And WolfSinger also added some things I didn't so, yes, it really is an amazing idea! Glad to share the same opinion! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.