• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black watch

How are people who don’t have a level 5 Magic Academy doing all these VV quests? If I can’t make enough catalysts I really am curious

I've got a level 4 MA. I've got it working round the clock making CC. I craft the two pet foods that aren't attached to the relic that goes into making the CCs. I play to the first boss on the spire to get more, of well hopefully a lot more CCs.
I also have a full set from the spire with extra mana and gum trees that gives me another CC.

So I craft a lot. The items that I usually do are first and foremost are Pet food and fighting building boosts, then time boosts, and followed by whatever that comes up to roll me over the 100VV mark.
I tourney so much, that spells aren't much of an issue and can dump them for fragments, but now with the set, I don't have to. On the times that there is just crap in the crafting window, I wait...
That's what I do and it's working for me, but I can't say it's very fast.

Deleted User - 3932582

I clearly posted too soon - my next quest is - tada! - another toolbox quest. I would really like to see the underlying "random" generator...
Watch this space for a glut of relics/encounter quests after tournament is over tomorrow.

Wow, I meant this as tongue-in-cheek, but Inno exceeds expectations once again. So here is how it goes:

Code:
- Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 6 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters
- Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 6 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters
- Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or Solve 9 Encounters
- Produce Advanced Tools [3 h] 8 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters
- Produce Toolbox [1 d] 5 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters
- Produce Toolbox [1 d] 5 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters

>> PREVIOUS QUEST IS DONE ~3 HOURS AFTER THE STEEL TOURNAMENT IS OVER...HERE IT COMES

- Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or Solve 9 Encounters
- Recruit 3 stacks of Units
- Gain 11 Relics
- Gain 11 Relics

And how about 3x toolbox productions in the last 7 quests? That's 360 hours worth of time boosts if someone decides to speed it up. Scouts are not even close...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And how about 3x toolbox productions in the last 7 quests? That's 360 hours worth of time boosts if someone decides to speed it up. Scouts are not even close...
It's working for them. I saw it happening and for the first time ever bought a magic workshop of those sweet double-task-counts. Now I keep three workshops on 24 hours, and do a single run in the magic workshop using instants.

Deleted User - 3932582

It's working for them. I saw it happening and for the first time ever bought a magic workshop of those sweet double-task-counts. Now I keep three workshops on 24 hours, and do a single run in the magic workshop using instants.
I was sitting on 4x toolboxes pretty much all the time until quest #90. Got grand total of 1 (one) toolbox quest in that timespan. But I was hammered on 9h productions instead. So I just abandoned toolbox pre-production completely - wouldn't have done me much good anyway with the quests that I posted above.

WolfSinger

The devs need to rethink the number of encounters they are working with for each of the various encounter quests. I know humans are predisposed to think in 5s and 10s because of our fingers (the original counting device) it is because of our fingers that we use a number system that is based on 10. I assumed that is why so many of the encounter quests seem to be based on 5.

Please reconsider and base the encounter quests on 4. There are 8 encounters per province - there are 4 encounter per section of the spire and there are 4 encounters per tourney province.

Quests that ask for spire encounters - should be asking for 4 - NOT 5

I personally think asking for 5 times the number of tourney encounters vs regular provinces is too high - but 4 times would work and wouldn't create partial province numbers within the tourney
And since regular provinces only have 8 encounters - anything related to regular provinces should be in multiples of 4. (instead of asking for 9 encounters or 45 tourney encounters - the quest would be 8 encounters or 32 tourney encounters.

Black watch

I was sitting on 4x toolboxes pretty much all the time until quest #90. Got grand total of 1 (one) toolbox quest in that timespan. But I was hammered on 9h productions instead. So I just abandoned toolbox pre-production completely - wouldn't have done me much good anyway with the quests that I posted above.

I sat on a set of toolboxes for well over a week and then accidentally accepted the production of ONE of the workshops, so I just finished the others in disgust. Funny thing is, I keep getting asked for things right after they are gone or over and repeats fall under this situation also. The toolboxes came up quickly, the tourney ended and lo and behold, quests asked for tourney encounters or 9 relics, that sort of thing.
I took as bad luck at first, but it keeps happening.
I must be the most unlucky person on the planet or have a happy cloud that loves me and follows me all the time raining on me constantly.
I look up see blue sky however, so I think the rain on my parade is INNO based.

BTW MinMax Gamer, I read your post on your site. I think that's fantastic.
If any of you haven't read it yet, check it out!
https://minmaxgame.com/punished-for-success/

Thanks for all your hard work MinMax.

DeletedUser21057

Let me say, I enjoy the game, love the events and new buildings, love the idea of more pets. The quest generator is TERRIBLE. The same quests continually appear and slow if not all together stop progress for hours or days. This problem may be alleviated by adding more types of quest or smaller requirements. Gain 11 relics is fine and dandy during a tournament, but 11 relics three times in a row on Saturday night is a brick wall. Another choke point is getting several vision vapor quests in a row.

I understand the need to make it challenging, but I want it to be enjoyable too. When it starts feeling like a job to progress it sucks the joy right out. I actually liked the required workshop/manufactory level, I may be in the minority there though.
Thank you Elvenar team for your work and continued dedication to improving the game.

WolfSinger

After playing the event for a while now (still not happy and do agree this is a trainwreck on a grand scale) I have some more food for thought for the Devs - for any game (especially events within the game) to be enjoyable the player has to have a reasonable expectation that they can 'win'. The change to the endless quest cycle was actually good as it does show the player that there is a good chance they will be able to get the 'grand' prize and with the evolving buildings - be able to max evolve it. When 3 'grand' prizes are offered - there has to at least be an appearance that it will be possible to get 1 fully evolved with no extra effort involved that the quests are such that an average player has a chance to do it - even if they have to work at it a bit. If that expectation is there for the players - then it will create the expectation that will have to do a little EXTRA (time boosts, diamonds) to get the second. And that leads to the expectation even the more hard core players will have to use time boosts and diamonds to get the third one fully evolved.

Things that would improve the game and help players have the above expectations:

1. Improve the randomization system
1a. Only have 1 quest list to draw from per level
2a. set up the randomization system to track the quests given and set it up so no quest repeats within x previous quests and no quest type repeats within -x of the number of types (I see the types as: Goods / Supplies / encounter [this includes relic quest] / MA Crafting -- I'm sure more types could be created)

2. Weighted currency rewards - I see this as the devs creating a number of quest types and then creating quests for each type of various difficulty and setting the currency reward based on the difficulty

3. the ability to skip a quest - costing either a percentage of the quest currency that would be awarded (10%) or a timed cool down before the next quest appeared (and yes - this could be bypassed with time boosts or diamonds as it now requires players to use other resources.) The cool down time would also have to be based on the reward given - so if it is a easy/low reward quest it might only have a 1 hour cool down while a high difficulty/high reward quest might have a 12 hour cool down.

4. Scale the quests for the chapter the player is in

5. Set the building lvl requirement as the highest available upgrade to the player PRIOR to the Dwarven Chapter - for me as an Steel boosted Elf who has completed the - that means Level 15 Manus and Lvl 15 Workshops. For those in Dwarves or lower - it means current level. This will still stop the shanty towns that some dislike, but is (IMHO) a more reasonable requirement for those that will still need to build additional manus or workshops than what we currently have.

I may come up with more

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
One more reason not to go off on a design tangent over people who earn a lot of event currency: We pay for it twice. Once in the initial effort to get the keys, and again when we spend them. If you pursue a strategy of maximum upgrades, most of the prizes you actually get are dreck. While the first 20 spins might be interesting, by the 50th "5% coin instant" we're looking for ways to dump the keys faster to avoid wanting to cut ourselves just to feel alive again.

DeletedUser19458

I think I will make 1 fully evolved bear by the end of the event, and probably a bit more. But I would rather go back to they just limit us to one possible grand prize only and if we crammed through in a few days, so what. Everyone can still get one prize doesn't matter how you get there.

Taking the full month to do the same now is tiring and getting event fatigue.

DeletedUser3468

If you have any event buildings that give planks, those count for the Produce X amount quests. And do not forget your Magical Manufacturing enchantments, if you have any, or can make them in that city. Even one put on your level 6 would save some time.

My tiny city is at the very beginning of chapter 2 so no way to make MM yet and the few I've gotten from neighbor visits are long gone except for the single one I picked up which is on my level 6 now. Same thing for Event buildings since this is the first event I've done in this city, though I do have a wishing well up but don't get planks from it. ;)

Black watch

After playing the event for a while now (still not happy and do agree this is a trainwreck on a grand scale) I have some more food for thought for the Devs - for any game (especially events within the game) to be enjoyable the player has to have a reasonable expectation that they can 'win'. The change to the endless quest cycle was actually good as it does show the player that there is a good chance they will be able to get the 'grand' prize and with the evolving buildings - be able to max evolve it. When 3 'grand' prizes are offered - there has to at least be an appearance that it will be possible to get 1 fully evolved with no extra effort involved that the quests are such that an average player has a chance to do it - even if they have to work at it a bit. If that expectation is there for the players - then it will create the expectation that will have to do a little EXTRA (time boosts, diamonds) to get the second. And that leads to the expectation even the more hard core players will have to use time boosts and diamonds to get the third one fully evolved.

Things that would improve the game and help players have the above expectations:

1. Improve the randomization system
1a. Only have 1 quest list to draw from per level
2a. set up the randomization system to track the quests given and set it up so no quest repeats within x previous quests and no quest type repeats within -x of the number of types (I see the types as: Goods / Supplies / encounter [this includes relic quest] / MA Crafting -- I'm sure more types could be created)

2. Weighted currency rewards - I see this as the devs creating a number of quest types and then creating quests for each type of various difficulty and setting the currency reward based on the difficulty

3. the ability to skip a quest - costing either a percentage of the quest currency that would be awarded (10%) or a timed cool down before the next quest appeared (and yes - this could be bypassed with time boosts or diamonds as it now requires players to use other resources.) The cool down time would also have to be based on the reward given - so if it is a easy/low reward quest it might only have a 1 hour cool down while a high difficulty/high reward quest might have a 12 hour cool down.

4. Scale the quests for the chapter the player is in

5. Set the building lvl requirement as the highest available upgrade to the player PRIOR to the Dwarven Chapter - for me as an Steel boosted Elf who has completed the - that means Level 15 Manus and Lvl 15 Workshops. For those in Dwarves or lower - it means current level. This will still stop the shanty towns that some dislike, but is (IMHO) a more reasonable requirement for those that will still need to build additional manus or workshops than what we currently have.

I may come up with more

The highlighted section made me smile. The man speaks the truth.

I can get behind your "fixes" too.
Several other people have suggested fixes too and I have this fantasy that INNO developers and code writers are in a big conference room somewhere looking up at a huge monitor and looking at the list of all of them thinking of ways of making them work...
Then again... I have this vision of those same people reading the notes posted and laughing and pointing at said monitor while they throw popcorn at it.

Either way, we're stuck with this bucket of crap a little longer...
Nice idea's WolfSinger!

The Unbeliever

@shimmerfly yeah; more than a week left in the event on live servers and I'm tired of it. Buy KP twice in a row. I loathe buying KP to start with, and more gain relic, encounter and scout/research quests than there are spiders on my house (which there are way too many!)
Spiders are simple to get rid of; just kill it with fire!

...maybe get them to play the event for you? This dumpster fire is surely huge enough to roast the buggers. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.