• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
This event had its positives and negatives.
Considering that we are being bombarded with so many events and never get a moment to rest, i liked the fact that the first 100~ quests i could complete in a week or less. The last 25~ took longer then the first 100 combined. Which gave a nice balance between being able to get most of it done very quickly, and then be able to relax more while finishing it off since we were near the end.

I also like the new army unit rewards. Right now, i can always use more army units. Tho for chest 19 i would have liked to see the unit rewards increased 5% more and the difference taken away form the supply instant.

The downsides tho.. First, as im sure was probably the biggest complaint, the daily rewards. I know everyone has a different idea for what rewards they would personally like. But for me, there were zero daily rewards that were actually interesting. I cashed all my currency in on the Phoenix nest, tho im pretty sure ill never use it.

But my big issue is the currency/chest currency/ artifact ratio. I am not happy with this at all. And i think many ppl are going to get screwed over by it.
I cashed in on two cities today.
My first city managed 4-5 artifacts on it currency reward from doing quests. It also got +3600~ currency from chests while trading in. Only with that high amount from the chest was he able to get to 9 artifact rewards (which is whats needed to evolve the building to cap.)
My second city.. not so fortunate. He got 5 artifacts from the currency he got doing quests. BUT he only got 1050 currency from chests (thats a 2600 currency difference!!!!!) And due to that lack of currency reward was only able to get 6 total artifacts despite doing all the quests (with the exception of the daily quests that havnt been released yet.)

That level of difference is bull. a 2600 currency difference between players in the same situation; chose the same chest strategy. A player should not have to do all the work of a quest line and then just sit back and 'hope' he will get lucky enough to get the artifacts to use the building he worked for. (And dont give me that FA reward line. Those should be strictly extra for those that were not able to finish the quest line due to real life issues. It should not be factored into the quest line rewards.)

Overall, i wouldnt have minded the event, if not for the fact that i did everything on one of my cities and still didnt get the artifacts i needed. If i had, it would have been an ok event. But not even getting that... makes this a fail to me.

Its only a few hours until the end of the second phoenix event. I just used the last of my points so i thought id update the numbers in here. And they held true to the same pattern as my main cash in. - Note: both of my cities completed all the main quest line and the daily quests.

My first city, that did well with currency rewards out of chests the first time around, did well this time as well. He went in with about 988~ new currencies. And he got 450 currencies out of the chests as rewards.
Bringing that first cities total currencies rewards from chests to 3600~ + 450 = 4050~
Netting a total of 10 artifacts from cashing in points.

My second city continued its path of low rewards however. He went in with about 850~ new currencies. Got a whopping 0 from chests.
Keeping his total at 1050 + 0 = 1050
Netting a total, barley, of 7 artifacts.

And both cities used the same chest priority when selecting which one to open.

In the end, that works out to a 3000 point difference between the two cities that did the same amount of work. It also lead to one city that did all the work and got the full reward (fully upgraded phoenix) and one city that did all the work (the same work), but only got a partial reward.

Now i understand the randomness factor. And i dont even mind it to be honest. But i dont think it should be so large a factor that it can prevent a player that does all the work available from achieving the main prize. (And adding two artifacts to the next FA does not count. This is viewed as an extra. Something for those that were unable to finish the quest line in main event. Of which i applaud the effort to help those ppl out btw.)

So in the end, i think the randomness factor really needs to be narrowed to make sure that ppl that do all the work can actually get all of the main reward.
And for anyone that might be thinking im just complaining for the sake of complaining, or complaining jsut because i didnt get everything, ill add that right now i have no intensions of actually placing the cold fire phoenix in my city. To me, this is about fairness across the board of players. And a work/reward ratio that is more equal.

----

And to echo earlier sentiments, i do like the simplisticness of this quest line. The ability to do the first 100~ quest within a week. And then the final 25~ at a slower pace. Allowing some down time for those that plan ahead and work faster. (Since there is very little down time between events.)

I also like the idea of those Army unit squads as a reward. Since im not placing the coldfire phoenix right now, and the daily prizes were completely irrelevent, the military squads were actually the 'big' reward for me. I hope to continue seeing them.

ET-inf3rno

Will we still have the artifact recipes til the FA ends? I guess we can win 2 coldfire artifacts there as usual, and I need to craft one more old phoenix artifact for my fire and storm phoenixes in a few cities to upgrade them to stage 10. I heard that the recipe is not there on beta. I hope it just got more rare, but did not disappear completely. :S

AtaguS

They said the conversion recipes would be available for a "limited time after the event" It would drive me nuts if that meant the 2 weeks between this event and the start of the FA. Talk about dangling a carrot they never intended you to reach. Given the rarity with which they are appearing in the MA, even those 2 weeks may not be enough for me to convert my 2 banked CF artifacts before the end of the offerings. I truly hope they have taken this into consideration.

NightshadeCS

I am satisfied with this event.

1. The questline was easy for me to complete in both of my cities.
2. My second city was just starting S&D, so I was happy to get several Burning Pools and Lava Eggs to help with mana.
3. My larger city didn't have much use for the dailies, but I got all of the new artwork buildings and hope to have a chance to put them out, even if for a little while for decoration.
4. With the conversion recipes, I have managed to get eight 2019 artifacts in each city. Having a fully upgraded Fire Phoenix in each city already, I placed the Storm in City A. I don't have one in inventory in City B, but hope to find one in crafting in the near future. I have 2 more Coldfire Artifacts in City A, so if the conversion comes up in MA, I can fully upgrade that Storm. I ended up with only 1 extra Coldfire Artifact in City B, so must not have been as lucky with extra essence in the chests there.

Deleted User - 4646370

4. With the conversion recipes, I have managed to get eight 2019 artifacts in each city. Having a fully upgraded Fire Phoenix in each city already, I placed the Storm in City A. I don't have one in inventory in City B, but hope to find one in crafting in the near future. I have 2 more Coldfire Artifacts in City A, so if the conversion comes up in MA, I can fully upgrade that Storm. I ended up with only 1 extra Coldfire Artifact in City B, so must not have been as lucky with extra essence in the chests there.
So you got 12 2020 artifacts in city A and 11 in city B ? This seems very much (I ended with 8 in my first city and 6 in my second one).

NightshadeCS

So you got 12 2020 artifacts in city A and 11 in city B ? This seems very much (I ended with 8 in my first city and 6 in my second one).
Ah, no. I think I probably had some 2019 artifacts rattling around in my inventory from last year. :):)

EDIT: Using math, and not my memory, I definitely had to. I have not obtained the second Coldfire Phoenix prize in either city.

ET-inf3rno

I got 16, 15 and 14 in 3 cities with the same chest preference (red 84, orange 53). The 15 one is where I bought the +1 building, still I could not get enough sky essence to have the 16th. I am not even close. :S I'd need at least 1000 more sky essence and I can buy only 500 with my current diamonds.

Deleted User - 3932582

I got 16, 15 and 14 in 3 cities with the same chest preference (red 84, orange 53). The 15 one is where I bought the +1 building, still I could not get enough sky essence to have the 16th. I am not even close. :S I'd need at least 1000 more sky essence and I can buy only 500 with my current diamonds.
Are you talking about grand prizes, or actual artifacts? Because for artifacts those numbers are unbelievably high. Especially in 3 cities in a row.

For grand prizes this sounds about right.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In the end, that works out to a 3000 point difference between the two cities that did the same amount of work. It also lead to one city that did all the work and got the full reward (fully upgraded phoenix) and one city that did all the work (the same work), but only got a partial reward.

Now i understand the randomness factor. And i dont even mind it to be honest. But i dont think it should be so large a factor that it can prevent a player that does all the work available from achieving the main prize. (And adding two artifacts to the next FA does not count. This is viewed as an extra. Something for those that were unable to finish the quest line in main event. Of which i applaud the effort to help those ppl out btw.)

So in the end, i think the randomness factor really needs to be narrowed to make sure that ppl that do all the work can actually get all of the main reward.
And for anyone that might be thinking im just complaining for the sake of complaining, or complaining jsut because i didnt get everything, ill add that right now i have no intensions of actually placing the cold fire phoenix in my city. To me, this is about fairness across the board of players. And a work/reward ratio that is more equal.

Sounds about right. And to follow up on my numbers from when I compared them to yours in our previous posts, I did not keep an accurate count of bonus essence, but I think it was close to 2500 extra won from event chests and VV chests, and I am 10 feathers short of the 9th artifact. so if I had won my estimated number of 3000 extra essence, I would have easily gotten that artifact. And you getting a second base and 10th artifact with your numbers matches my calculations too.

So if future events keep the same ratio/spread/whatever, if we want to get all nine artifacts during the event, we need to win about 3000 bonus event currency from chests, on top of all the quest event currency and map spawns.

ET-inf3rno

Are you talking about grand prizes, or actual artifacts? Because for artifacts those numbers are unbelievably high. Especially in 3 cities in a row.

For grand prizes this sounds about right.

Yes, artifacts. I am not sure about the exact numbers, but I got the second coldfire in the 16 city and I got it in the 15 city now, it is half way to the last artifact. I spent 2k diamonds on 500 sky essence, did a complete MA bar with time boosters, but got no luck. I could buy 2k more diamonds for real money, but I will never spend on this game again, it isn't worth it. I converted all of them to the old artifacts in all of my cities. Many of them did not have a complete fire phoenix and in the big ones I need the storm phoenix to make more sentient goods. I wonder why the storm and aureate are so bad compared to the fire one. With a 12h effect instead of a 3h one they would be pretty good buildings. Now that we barely have enough pet food they are pretty much useless.

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

I managed by the skin of my teeth, (12 essences to spare actually!), to get not only the 9 required artifacts in my human city, but also landed a second lv1 Coldfire Phoenix as well!

...now if only it was even remotely a useful building, there might even be a reason for me to get excited about it?!lol >.<

ET-inf3rno

I managed by the skin of my teeth, (12 essences to spare actually!), to get not only the 9 required artifacts in my human city, but also landed a second lv1 Coldfire Phoenix as well!

...now if only it was even remotely a useful building, there might even be a reason for me to get excited about it?!lol >.<
I can give you 2 from my inventory if you need more. :D

Blind Squirrel

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming Gathering of the Phoenix Cults event.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Now that the event is over, I saw the note that the ability to Craft Phoenix Artifacts is going away. That is very annoying for several reasons. One - evolving the 2019 Phoenixes is the entire reason I maxed out this Event in 5 of my 6 worlds. I have been VERY excited about this event because it meant I could finally level my Fire Phoenix!

And two - it hasn't even come up in the crafting window often enough in THREE WEEKS to convert them all, but you're going to take it away without any INCREASE in frequency of showing up as a crafting Choice?? AND you're not going to leave it there through the FA??

Argh. Seriously. Argh.

How about you stop creating NEW 'evolving' artifacts and start creating a UNIVERSAL "evolve" artifact that we can use to evolve ANY building we want to??? Make it a 10th chest item or something, but make it POSSIBLE to evolve buildings we can craft in the Academy or that we got when we were small. I got enough to evolve Fire, but still have three other Phoenix that are limited, and all of my bears.

ET-inf3rno

Indeed, when I heard the conversion recipe might be removed before FA, I thought it was a joke. :mad:

Seriously, do NOT remove the conversion recipe before FA. For most of the players in my fellowship, that would remove their incentive to play.
I just read we have only a week before they remove it. Which means we won't have the recipe for FA. I cannot finish the last stage in 2 cities because of it.

qaccy

The way Inno handles evolving buildings isn't really working IMO. It's 'fine' during the events that release them, but just about everything else isn't. Putting the level 1 buildings into the Magic Academy doesn't really help anybody, especially since they only appear if the player has exactly zero of that building and even after they craft it, they can't get artifacts anyway. What's the point? Level 1 evolving buildings are, by and large, not at all worth having. A few of them aren't even worth having at level 10. Why are these buildings and especially artifacts being so limited? Limit the buildings, fine, but there's no reason I can see to limit artifacts so much.

DeletedUser16298

Who's brilliant idea was that?

I waited ten months to got my fire phoenix, listening to other people in my group talk about how good it is. For a month I got up in the middle of the night to collect purple diamonds off the ground. I saved all of my CC for the last two months and now I'v got level 8, which means it produces coins instead of portal profits. the two from the FA coming up would have let me get it to level 9. Instead your stabbing me in the gut by removing the recipes just before the adventure?

ET-inf3rno

The way Inno handles evolving buildings isn't really working IMO. It's 'fine' during the events that release them, but just about everything else isn't. Putting the level 1 buildings into the Magic Academy doesn't really help anybody, especially since they only appear if the player has exactly zero of that building and even after they craft it, they can't get artifacts anyway. What's the point? Level 1 evolving buildings are, by and large, not at all worth having. A few of them aren't even worth having at level 10. Why are these buildings and especially artifacts being so limited? Limit the buildings, fine, but there's no reason I can see to limit artifacts so much.
I agree. The only building that is worth having at stage1 is the polar bear.

Crow Last Elf

Ending the conversion before the FA ends is frankly a petty maneuver and poor judgement. The value of the artifacts as prizes in the FA clearly depends on the value of the evolving building. There is already a consensus that the FA is a lot of effort for the amount of prizes offered. Why devalue the FA prizes further by not allowing the conversion to 2019 artifacts, if the player chooses?

If Inno contemplated this from the start, they should have been clear about their intentions in the Phoenix event announcement. Rather than Inno letting the players choose which phoenix they prefer, it feels like Inno decided that if players chose to forgo the 2020 phoenix, even at the cost of the 2 for 1 exchange, the players should be further penalized.

The group of players who would benefit most from the conversion are new players who did not previously have a 2019 phoenix and earned artifacts only from this last event. This group of players very likely has a less than fully evolved phoenix. There is speculation on whether Inno's business model depends on helping new players to bring them close to parity with established players. This decision does not benefit new players as a group.

AtaguS

Ending conversion spells prior to the FA is a major slap in the face to all the players who took the bait and went all out in the event to get 2019 artifacts. What will we do with those 2 coldfire artifacts from the FA?? Upgrade a crappy evolve building to level 3?
I'm all for Inno keeping things hard to get and not handing out goodies for free...but for the love of all things elven, this is something different. We worked our butts off in this event to get our hands on just one evolve building that players from last year rave about in their cities...and the 2 artifacts that could give us a shot at leveling them are out of reach completely? Low blow Inno.

I never minded the way things were in the old days when you could only get a grand prize by spending diamonds. I was always content to settle for a decent 2nd place prize as spending diamonds is a personal choice in this game. What truly bothers me at the moment is that I did spend diamonds in this event - more than ever before - chasing the promise of a legendary 2019 phoenix - and still I won't have a fully functioning grand prize.