• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game goes to shade and freezes

SunsetDanar

I've said it's getting worse. Now I've gotten this which prevents reloading the game. Yes, definitely getting worse.

Well, it seems that this page is so totally screwed that it is too large to even post the screenshot.

Zoof

Okay. This time I managed to trigger the shade by refilling the CC queue in my Magic Academy a bit too fast. Then hit ESC and explored the totally broken landscape. Everything totally mostly unusable.

Out on the world map: ELVENAR_Bugreport_1.jpg

In the Spire: ELVENAR_Bugreport_2.jpg

And (sorta) in my City:ELVENAR_Bugreport_3.jpg

The city itself wasn't too strange, at least up until you try to interact with it. Collections kinda sorta worked. I got CCs from my MA but I didn't feel like trying to validate the coin situation after this:

ELVENAR_Bugreport_4.jpg

Maybe this might shed some light in this problem.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My response is based upon thinking there is more than one problem. I'd try turning off (not uninstalling) my virus program for a bit (Just don't go anywhere but Elevenar and turn off any other internet accessing programs running in the back ground). If some things get better...the shadow will probably not as that's probably an Elvenar bug -- then you turn the background things back on one by one until you find the culprit. Just as a side note, I've seen McAfee do strange things with incoming packets...interpreting them as dangerous and send them somewhere. So turn things off and see if you can reduce the other problems you may have -- or at least reduce the chances there is more than one source to your problems.

That's my recommendation, anyway.

And don't forget to turn things back one when you are done testing. ;>)

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
No not linked to the trader and probably not linked to anything within the game proper. I've said earlier that that trader is most often used so issues occur often in the trader. I now believe it to be a failure of the server to recognize function requests and return the necessary or correct information for your current position within the game so when that returned information doesn't correspond with your request, the game locks. There have been several bug reports documenting issues that I now believe to be related to the same problem and yes...it is getting worse.
I should have been a little clearer. When I said it was definitely linked to the trader, I didn't mean that it was ONLY linked to the trader. Yes, it happens at other times too. I only meant that it definitely happens under that specific scenario I mentioned earlier. I "could" go all day without it happening if I don't go into the trader, but I should have mentioned that I "might" also not be able to go all day without going in the trader. :)

So much for clarification, lol ... I think I just made it more confusing, hehe.

Zoof

My response is based upon thinking there is more than one problem. I'd try turning off (not uninstalling) my virus program for a bit (Just don't go anywhere but Elevenar and turn off any other internet accessing programs running in the back ground). If some things get better...the shadow will probably not as that's probably an Elvenar bug -- then you turn the background things back on one by one until you find the culprit. Just as a side note, I've seen McAfee do strange things with incoming packets...interpreting them as dangerous and send them somewhere. So turn things off and see if you can reduce the other problems you may have -- or at least reduce the chances there is more than one source to your problems.

That's my recommendation, anyway.

And don't forget to turn things back one when you are done testing. ;>)

AJ
In my case, I don't run anything other than Windows Defender. I've found that any other commercially available antivirus tend to be worse than any actual virus I've ever encountered. If I ever get paranoid about it, I'll boot the machine into a PE and run an emergency scanner. (I've also learned that trying to install more than one antivirus is, unless you really know what you're doing, an awful idea. RIP Windows Vista; I simply could not tolerate the three hour reboot/restart time)

I also haven't been too... energetic... about testing. Otherwise I'd have installed and played around with this fun little network tool that controllably and customizably simulates bad network conditions to try to suss out some things.

FAR2019

Hey! I didn't find original post so took new screenshot.

Attachments

• Elvenar_Trader_Bug.jpg
    Elvenar_Trader_Bug.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 54

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@helya They are still with us and doing quite fine....arggg! Sent you some images and info.

In looking this morning at the developer tool I found the console is issuing some interesting errors when this occurs. Maybe somebody will understand all this and give the devs a "heads up." The numbering has been added to make it easier to discuss (if anybody is interested)

Theses are the error conditions listed from the console screen.

1 This page is in the Almost Standard Mode. Page Layout may be impacted. For Standard Mode use "<!DOCTYPE html."

2 Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content.

3 Use of the mozImageSmothingEnabled is deprecated. Please use the unprefixed imgSmothingEnabled property instead.

4 WebGL warning: drawElementsInstanced: Tex image TEXTURE_20 level 0 is incurring lazy initialization

5 WebGL warning: CompressedTexImage Provided buffer's size must match expected size (needs 0, has 16)

6 After reporting 32, no further warnings will be reported for this WebGL context

7 WEBGL_debug_renderer is deprecated in Firefox and will be removed. Please use RENDERER

8 Storage access automatically granted for origin "https://support.innogames.com" on "https://us4.elvenar.com".

From the looks of it there are several things that could be wrong. My limited understanding of coding is would suggest the problem in 4 may causing 2 because it's buffer size is set to 0 rather than 16. And that may be because the size of 4 is different than planned due to the use of the mozImageSmootingEnabled instead of the suggested imgSmoothingEnabled, as suggested. If they turn off (deprecate) the first and don't replace it with the second then the smoothing of the image does not occur and that would, perhaps, change it's size...and it's buffer need?

In any case, this is just an amature guessing. I'll be frank and say this is probably not the problem since it's been about 20 years since I've done any serious programming and thus, I'm probably using really old knowledge when things have changed. But that's my shot at a guess. I wonder if anybody much younger than me, with fresher knowledge of programming can tell us what all this means?

I'd appreciate it.

AJ

Darielle

How are the trader issues today after the update?
Helya, I'm having serious issues with the trader. It stays on page 12/28 ... no matter which page I go to, it says it's on 12/28. And of course the minute I back out of the trader the game is frozen. I took screen shots of the page numbers ... I'll try to post them.

Darielle

This and the following 2 images were taken as I was in the trader trying to get to the next page ... all of them are stuck at 12/28. (And of course I had to reload when I left the trader, because the game was frozen:

trader1.jpg

Darielle

That is just part of the glitch. Also notice how the alternate shading of the lines has vanished. As soon as that happens, it is time to reload the game because nothing will work correctly until you do.
I hadn't even noticed that. You're right.

Darielle

Here's another screen shot from about 5 minutes ago. You'll see there are no stars on the last trade:

Screen Shot 04-19-22 at 04.23 PM.png

And come to think of it, no shading as well.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Thanks everyone, please continue with screenshots, and if you can open the dev console as well and screenshot that, it helps.

Kadhrin

Tonight's screen shot came while trying to place a trade.

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 8.50.17 PM.jpg

some stuff from the console:

Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

preloader-hx-5a5dcb60a012abf8756a6fd6b02c6138.js:2776 src/gnu/as3/gettext/MOBytesParser.hx:67: Big

107[.WebGL-0x7052bcb900] GL_INVALID_VALUE: Compressed texture dimensions must exactly match the dimensions of the data passed in.

----

1. Audit usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform
    1. A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.
      To fix this issue, replace the usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform with feature detection, progressive enhancement, or migrate to navigator.userAgentData.
      Note that for performance reasons, only the first access to one of the properties is shown.
    2. AFFECTED RESOURCES
      1. 1 source
        1. common.js:1

1. Page layout may be unexpected due to Quirks Mode
    1. One or more documents in this page is in Quirks Mode, which will render the affected document(s) with quirks incompatible with the current HTML and CSS specifications.
      Quirks Mode exists mostly due to historical reasons. If this is not intentional, you can add or modify the DOCTYPE to be `<!DOCTYPE html>` to render the page in No Quirks Mode.
    2. AFFECTED RESOURCES
      1. 1 element
        1. Document in the DOM treeModeURL
          documentLimited Quirks Mode

Last edited:

Kadhrin

New temporary hang: Magic Academy.

merged_game-f32748cff71a16208b2b7806d72b5246.js:712 WebSocket is already in CLOSING or CLOSED state.
Client._transmit @ merged_game-f32748cff71a16208b2b7806d72b5246.js:712
game:1
Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 1 s OwnCity

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.29.10 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.35.57 PM.png

And then these on the world map...

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.36.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.37.53 PM.png
merged-haxe-deps-a092bc9fd1040b4afca36b5d2101086b.js:4927 PERFORMANCE INFO: Loading Finished 2 s WorldMap

Last edited: