• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ban and Boycott Elvenar

Who will unite in a ban on purchasing diamonds until the new battle changes are rolled back?

• Total voters

DeletedUser2643

Agree it seems even way before orcs gate VI ..i was winning battles , yes I had to buy off those cannon fellows, not all the time , but since the update haven't won one..so its either buy off which means will stay static for months perhaps or just semi give up

DeletedUser4642

Dear All, I wrote a letter today that I want to send to developpers in order to they modify the latest updates for battles, to make them less unfair and mostly in order to they do not ruin our enjoyment of playing this game. I plays Arendyll, Wyverness, archmage of Wyvern's diamond. Before quiting the game, try with me to convince the devs to fix the system of battle. This the letter I want to send them to avoid a massive exodus which is starting...

"Dear developers,
I'm Wyverness, archmage of Wyvern's diamond in Arendyll.

After the latest Elvenar update and with the addition of a new battle system, a great number of players have expressed their disappointment and even left the game.

I am writing to you to point out that these updates have become unfair and far too complicated to win. When your troops are only 450 units and you fight with a squad of 1,500 archers, whatever the capacity of your troops, the mathematical law takes over and it is almost impossible to conquer or complete a province now. Catering is a possibility but dramatically drains resources making it difficult to help your fellowship with trades or simply advance forward at a decent pace.

I send you this message after contacting several archmages who all suffered of collateral damage: good number of players have left the game, many of them belong to the top 100.

I wish to draw your attention to the fact that your game loses interest when the abandonment of it is so massive. The forum abounds of messages reflecting this frustration.

I contacted many players who are ready to sign a letter to show you how committed we are to the game which you are about to destroy unknowingly. This is the only choice that you made that deserves we warn you express our disappointment. Many successful additions and enhancements to the game include the following: the choice of breeds, the summer solstice, different technologies development, Ancient wonders...

Even if battles are optional to grow and progress, all players are fond of power and ability to win these engagements in order to procure rewards such as expansions.

I urge you to return the previous concept before fixing the current one so that the conquered provinces allow us, AGAIN, to develop our cities at a faster pace than that in which we have been stuck since your latest updates. We want changes but not to the detriment of the quality of the game. Before proposing battles upgrade, give us the full version, complete and ready for use.

Best regards,
Wyverness"

Others signatories : Baldy, Hartisan, Rodram the representative of ALOI GANG, Shazella23, CCBeacher, Violet1, Amythyst, Rocky Rachel, Styled, Niniella, Skeggar, ANNIEPANNIE, Kimsmm, Snowdancer, Peppermint, Ravenleaf, booog, mike60073, Brevelan, Emlem (Archmage), Lisolde, Aurora973, Witchywoman8888, jswiftarrow, Pamalina, Squeekermouse, ladred05, Irishwitch,Godess Calatha, sherry777, Mikelaich, FroggieKizz, Sk-Grif, Jypsierose, Plethora, Kachina1111, Lleeforsail, Anistane, Ghandolff, Shazella23, Nimbrethil, BobbyKitty and all the FAIR TRADE ORIGINAL FS, Stumpanzer, DiamondLightfoot, Sweet Bear, QueenKalia, Desirree777, Ros Fiain Gaeilge, Sildur, Nicodema, lilacSue, Jadzia Cordelia, Bobbipiazza, MacWinter, cimorene, pumawan, snikt, Durufle, Albatross, Rollo der Wikinger, VivianLynne, shervin7777, FearlessFiona, FearlessGranny, LadyAva2, Unicorn609, Mumsy70, Sileya, Iirraik. Saeleah. Katlenne. Reabnagol. Nagolmatrix. Jukebox. Katlynne, Brill.

Who want to sign?

DeletedUser4417

I've seen stage 2 already. It will be good for humans if you think they need to slow down. The training of the dogs goes from 7 seconds per dog to 47 seconds per dog, so it takes over 10 hours for one squad. The new fairy units are weaker than our current units and all the troops train in the same queue in the barracks. But you do need more buildings for the new units...so you need more space.
Once again we go back to tactics and strategy. Make up your mind on what story you are telling already. First you say that 'you got this from a person on a beta forum' and now you say you have already seen stage 2. Are you a beta tester? I rather doubt it.

Expansions are a bonus? Have you tried playing without any? They aren't a bonus, they are required. I don't know what you mean by that last sentence. That expansions are not a measure of province numbers? Province numbers are a measure of expansions, why not the other way around?

IF the ONLY way to get expansions was by conquering provinces then and only then would expansions be a measure of province numbers. I should not have to re-educate a person who is supposedly well experienced with the game. The game gives you, through research, 34 Expansions. Further if a person wants to put money into the game they get another 33 expansions. That is 67 expansions that are NOT tied to conquering a blasted thing. The ONLY ones that are tied to provinces are the bonus expansions you get when you conquer a set number of provinces and are awarded one. So far your claim that you need to conquer more than what is required falls flat as I have built everything that is necessary to advance and STILL have room left over for additional buildings should they come up. I suspect this will not change chapter to chapter as between conquering the set number and researched expansions you get enough room. You just have to be smart with what you have and have a plan.

So what is the alternative? Don't scout? Don't get new expansions? Don't complete quests? Don't upgrade buildings because you have no room to build anything? Don't add ancient wonders because you don't have any more expansions? Don't use the magic academy because you have no relics? Don't get runes? Don't expand your neighborly help? Don't meet new neighbors? You might as well say don't play the game because there isn't anything else.

No, you scout but there is no NEED to over-scout or conquer more than the stated # / # number. There simply is not. You complete the quests but you don't go hog wild with it, you have to think and strategize. Again upgrades are easily manageable as more than enough room is provided chapter to chapter.

T
Those chests were only a floor. They suggested nothing. But again, even if they had suggested something what is the alternative? Don't play? See paragraph above.

I spend about 10 minutes a day on the game there is so little left to do and you think that is too much? I wait months on end to get an expansion so I can build one thing. One thing. And that is too much?

I don't understand what you think people should be doing around here? Nothing?

Only a floor? I guess you don't get the concept of clues do you BobbyKitty? A clue is one of those things that people drop to give you a hint about something. Advanced Scouting and its impact on scouting times, negotiating costs and battles is a clue. The chests that are locked until you meet certain criteria as well as their # / # are a clue. The cost of battles and scouts for people that have leaped ahead and NOT unlocked the advanced Scout techs along the way at each chapter are clues.

Sorry but you cannot claim that the devs on one hand made you do this by way of quests and then try to turn around and say that the devs did not suggest anything with the rest.

You are one of those 'glass is half empty' types and are bemoaning what has been done when it does not prevent you from playing. Instead why don't you try to look at what HAS been done and figure out what many are already doing and play the game. These changes are not going away and they are not negative. Sure the game will lose some players but more will come to the game and it will grow.

DeletedUser2753

Before quiting the game, try with me to convince the devs to fix the system of battle. This the letter I want to send them to avoid a massive exodus which is starting...
I am Senior Mage is a FS in Windandor (Our Arch Quit the game) and Archmage of a FS in ElcySander In both cases:

I polled my fellowship and all agree and I have added to our Fellowship name "- Protesting" to give this exposure in the game, and in the fellowship description I have added:
" We are protesting the way InnoGames is developing this game and promoting a boycott of all Diamond Purchases by users until innoGames listens and responds positively to users concerns. Join Us ! "

We fully support your effort and I herein sign on to your letter.

I have built everything that is necessary to advance and STILL have room left over for additional buildings should they come up. I suspect this will not change chapter to chapter as between conquering the set number and researched expansions you get enough room. You just have to be smart with what you have and have a plan.
As my next door neighbor I must ask; Do you have other cities in other worlds?
P.S. Thanks for returning NH

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4163

Lionsmane,

I see you are prolific in your responses, constantly responding in favor of the developers and carefully skirting all the forum rules on trolling.

Rather than setting out these "upgrades" and instituting exceptionally difficult battle scenarios why not just restrict the number of provinces that can be scouted. Its human nature to succeed and to win, so those of us that scouted and conquered past the " limits of our rank" did what is considered the norm for mere humans ( I forgive you for apparently being far better than the rest of us, in your eyes, it must be hard to be the second coming) .

DeletedUser2963

Rather than setting out these "upgrades" and instituting exceptionally difficult battle scenarios why not just restrict the number of provinces that can be scouted .
I have to ask, how would that have been better? Or maybe, would that have been better? If they just covered everything beyond the line they drew with mist and said, nope. Instead of looking at an impossible to win fight players would be looking at mist, or a grayed out provinces?
A wall is a wall, right?

My sympathy to players who are well past that "line", and cannot play with the new battle re-design in provinces.

DeletedUser3610

why not just restrict the number of provinces that can be scouted
Or why not (and this might be a radical idea for the devs) instead of spending so much time, money and resources on this crappy new battle system and on trying to stop people's progress in the game, why not spend all that time, money and resources on creating new chapters/new content for the game so that people have something to do and/or something to look forward to. I'm guessing that if they did that they would have two new chapters ready to be unrolled by now, instead of just one, therefore would have gotten ahead of the players so would have no in game reasons to try to stop people from progressing all the time, they would have no massive exodus and tons of complaints on their hands, but rather praise and plenty of happy gamers. I know, what a novel idea ...

DeletedUser4642

I am Senior Mage is a FS in Windandor (Our Arch Quit the game) and Archmage of a FS in ElcySander In both cases:

We fully support your effort and I herein sign on to your letter.

THANK YOU.
Can you take this letter and try to distribute it through the worlds in which you play?

DeletedUser2313

I have been playing this game about a month and a half and was really enjoying it. The enjoyment from this type of game comes with progress. With the recent changes, progress will be severely curtailed. One of my favorite parts of the game was the fighting in provinces. After the changes, in my 5th ring I now face defending armies that have quadrupled or more in size than what they used to be. In order to progress at even a small portion of my previous pace, I now have no choice but to buy diamonds. More developed players have a much larger resource base and may have the option to adjust and put more resources into army building. The newer players don't have that option. At this point, it will take me weeks building resources to be able to even attempt to fight an encounter. Not a lot of fun. I have run into this in other similar "pay to be able to play" games and my interest dwindled quickly. The only things keeping me in this game right now are: 1. Some very friendly fellowships and 2. the hope that the designers realize their mistake and improve what is an important function in their game. I agree with some that have said other new players will join the game, not realizing the changes that affected the game, but I would wager that they won't stay long when after a few weeks their progress slows to a crawl. I also realize part of designing and maintaining a game is to continue to develop material to keep up with the progress of the higher players. But changes to implement that material shouldn't drastically affect the play. I have been in many games in which this happened and they rolled back until they fixed the problems. They should have a beta world for the more experienced players to test the changes. Not sure if they do this or not. I'm sure some will call this whining, but if I am investing time and money in a game, it needs to be one that is fair and enjoyable.
Yes, they do have a Beta server that is the test platform for Elvenar. I started playing the game on Beta an I still do as well as playing on the Game server. We spent considerable time with the 'New Battle Plan'. I am considerable further along on Beta than I am on the US server worlds, so the changes didn't seem that dramatic. I found it a little more difficult to win encounters but not impossible. However, it came as a complete shock when the changes were rolled out on the US server. Since the changes I have attempted 6 encounters and had to withdraw from 4 of them. The two that I did win I was hanging on by a thread at the end. I agree that, as it stands now, doing battle is not much fun, but I don't think that a boycott is the way to approach the problem. If enuff players voice their concerns in a civil manner, I do believe that Inno will listen.

DeletedUser4417

Lionsmane,

I see you are prolific in your responses, constantly responding in favor of the developers and carefully skirting all the forum rules on trolling.

I respond as I feel compelled to given what some post. It's not about skirting or toeing the line or stepping over completely. I hold strong beliefs on things and it takes a fair bit to make me waver in them, also if a person comes with snark, sarcasm etc they best be prepared to have it returned.

I tend to look at the entire picture rather than a narrow tunnel view of things. What I see a lot of is that people are griping about part one of a three part update/upgrade and not allowing the Devs etc to roll out the entire thing to get the whole picture before they start the crying, whining, whinging etc. It's part ONE of THREE. It would be different if the entire thing was already out and people could see what it was and it sucked, but they have not done that. Not even close.
Rather than setting out these "upgrades" and instituting exceptionally difficult battle scenarios why not just restrict the number of provinces that can be scouted.

If you paid attention they did that as that is exactly what the # /# and the Scouting Advance Techs do. They tell you where you should be and where to stop. Whether you choose to do that or not is up to you. Should you fail to do so then there are consequences that get increasingly worse. The battle scenarios are not exceptionally difficult unless you are upside down on the Provinces.

Its human nature to succeed and to win, so those of us that scouted and conquered past the " limits of our rank" did what is considered the norm for mere humans ( I forgive you for apparently being far better than the rest of us, in your eyes, it must be hard to be the second coming) .

Yes it is human nature to succeed and to win. But it is also human nature to think and strategize and rationalize. Just because something is laid out before you and you CAN do something, does not mean you should. In military terms you did what is called moving beyond your supply and support lines. The game from the very start gave you everything you needed to prosper. It gave you a place to build, something to research so you could build more, the means to research with and lastly something to do with that research. You look at it as doing what is the human norm when even the norm is to look at something and want to succeed and win but there is another element to that... you want to sustain that. And that is where you failed. You cannot sustain where you are.

I'm not better that the rest. That is your perception. I just look at the whole picture before diving in. Add to that I have played these types of games before and common sense and experience win out everytime over naivete.

DeletedUser43

Are you a beta tester? I rather doubt it.

And the ignorance just goes on and on and on. You are just fabulous about having vociferous opinions about things of which you are clueless.

Yes. I am a beta tester. I have been on beta since this game started on beta. Back when you needed to apply for a beta key. Which I did months before beta even started. There is hardly a person around here who doesn't know that.

No, you scout but there is no NEED to over-scout

So, you can play but you can't play much? Just a little tiny bit.

You complete the quests but you don't go hog wild with it

Hog wild? What does that mean? Tell me exactly the number of quests that we may all complete. What is acceptable? What is hog wild? How many contests may be participate in?

Sorry but you cannot claim that the devs on one hand made you do this by way of quests and then try to turn around and say that the devs did not suggest anything with the rest.

Again...what was the alternative? You said I should continue to scout but not over scout. How long should I let the scouts sit there before I send them back out again. In fact, maybe we should all just give you our passwords so you can play each and every city exactly the same boring way since you have all the answers. Tell me right now, oh brilliant one.....It will take me more than a month of sending the scouts out every single time I see they are idle before I get another expansion. How much longer should I wait? Should I come back next year? Your city is small. You have zero idea of what players face, and have faced.

To paraphrase Murray Rothbard

It is no crime to be ignorant, but it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on the subject while remaining in this state of ignorance.

when it does not prevent you from playing.

Who is playing? If I was playing this game I wouldn't be here in the forums so often!

Sure the game will lose some players but more will come to the game and it will grow.

Grow how? Newbies aren't staying because they can't fight. Folks in the middle of the tech tree aren't staying because they can't fight. Top players are leaving because they can't fight. That's growth?

If enuff players voice their concerns in a civil manner, I do believe that Inno will listen.

I wish that was true. In the whole time I have been here, I haven't seen anything as close to unanimous as the hatred for this new battle system voiced by the beta players. To a man, everyone, absolutely everyone, begged then not to bring this to the live servers piece meal. We begged, pleaded, screamed, cursed, that we would lose tons of friends and players if they brought over update 1.15. They did not listen.

You can go back and see the uproar when the magic academy came out. All anyone wanted was for that building to be deleteable so that those of us who had no use for it would not be penalized by having to have it. They did not listen.

When they implemented the stupid treasure chests, most of us on beta had been playing for so long they didn't affect us at all, but we KNEW how horrible it would be for the players on the live servers. We said, that at least they could add those changes slowly and not make it so disruptive. Nope....you should have seen the vacancies with that despicable move.

I can go on and on about where the beta players have suggested better ways of implementing things, more gentle ways that wouldn't lose so many players, simply making the magic academy optional would have been huge and changed nothing. Nope...the only time they ever "listened" to any of us was when they nerfed the quests and ALL of beta came to a grinding halt. NO city functioned. Half the players walked out then (which is why beta is so horribly small right now). No one bought any diamonds. That scared them. They decided not to inflict that on the live servers. That is the only time.

DeletedUser4648

I was given to understand that when we sign up for elvenar or any online game, we agree to 'terms and condition' including but not limited to, the game devs doing whatever they please no matter who it hurt and how much. We trusted them not to trash our hours of work and many dollars we spent. This is the relationship we have with all online game companies. That's why I trashed my city, since we can't completely nuke them.

I'm still playing sunken city, but I'm not buying and selling in the marketplace, I'm not helping or asking for help. At least with sunken city you can play continuously, which is a plus. I discovered that before, I could build up 100 magic points a day, now it is more like 100 points a WEEK if that much even. So i just play for fun, crafting and feeding the villagers and such. But overall my city is useless to Bod, and my elvenar city is of limited use to Innogames. I think that's all I can do.

And yes, i think more people will keep coming as they have no way of knowing any better.

DeletedUser4417

And the ignorance just goes on and on and on. You are just fabulous about having vociferous opinions about things of which you are clueless.
Yes, YOUR ignorance does go on and on and on. I used what YOU said. When you wrote that you got this from one of the Beta testers. Not that you were beta tester. So forgive me if you were so woefully unclear in your writings.

So, you can play but you can't play much? Just a little tiny bit.
Do tell just how you are prevented from playing and who did this and where it is written? Sure you can't fight but that is why again? Because you over-scouted and conquered too many provinces and you are not caught up in techs and chapters. That is whose fault again? Yours.

Hog wild? What does that mean? Tell me exactly the number of quests that we may all complete. What is acceptable? What is hog wild? How many contests may be participate in?

Again, it does not take a rocket scientist to look at the way the quests are and question it and say no.

Again...what was the alternative? You said I should continue to scout but not over scout. How long should I let the scouts sit there before I send them back out again. In fact, maybe we should all just give you our passwords so you can play each and every city exactly the same boring way since you have all the answers. Tell me right now, oh brilliant one.....It will take me more than a month of sending the scouts out every single time I see they are idle before I get another expansion. How much longer should I wait? Should I come back next year? Your city is small. You have zero idea of what players face, and have faced.

The alternative is catch your techs up. To actually complete chapters to catch up to where you have battled to. Not a hard concept at all to grasp. Wow, again with your arrogant assumptions. You don't know what others have or have not done. You make an awful lot of fact-less assumptions BobbyKitty. An awful lot.

Who is playing? If I was playing this game I wouldn't be here in the forums so often!
Again, that is by YOUR choice. The devs have not made it to where you cannot play. You just cannot access your favorite toy at the moment and you are pitching what amounts to a tantrum about it and claiming, falsely, you cannot play.

Grow how? Newbies aren't staying because they can't fight. Folks in the middle of the tech tree aren't staying because they can't fight. Top players are leaving because they can't fight. That's growth?

Really? Because I see Top players that are around and have been around. Mid players that are around and have been around. New players that are coming in and staying. People are going to come and go. Sorry but your 'doom and gloom' scenario and narrative does not hold much weight Bobbykitty.

When they implemented the stupid treasure chests, most of us on beta had been playing for so long they didn't affect us at all, but we KNEW how horrible it would be for the players on the live servers. We said, that at least they could add those changes slowly and not make it so disruptive. Nope....you should have seen the vacancies with that despicable move.
Just how exactly was the fact that at random, players would get a KP, a Relic or a spell as you put it 'stupid and horrible?' Do tell because there is nothing of the kind involved with those.. at all.

I can go on and on about where the beta players have suggested better ways of implementing things, more gentle ways that wouldn't lose so many players, simply making the magic academy optional would have been huge and changed nothing.

Earth to BobbyKitty. The Magic Academy IS optional. You don't HAVE to build it. The part I do agree with you on is that it sucks that it cannot be deleted once built.

DeletedUser4417

That is most certainly NOT my perception of you, but respect and manners keep me from saying it publicly
That is your prerogative chasers bud. I tell it like it is with no holds barred, no sugar coating and most certainly not PC in any way. If you can't take handle that without it trouncing your 'feels'? There is always candy crush.

There are enough 'how to' guides and 'walkthroughs' about this game out there on the net or here in the forums or even the Wiki. It simply takes a bit of time and reading to sort through it. Pardon me if I did that and then waded back into the game and did not encounter the same problems.

DeletedUser43

Just how exactly was the fact that at random, players would get a KP, a Relic or a spell as you put it 'stupid and horrible?' Do tell because there is nothing of the kind involved with those.. at all.

No....the treasure chests at the beginning of the chapters that you had to unlock. Those other treasure chests are a much later development that it would be stupid to call stupid and horrible. Those chests don't hurt anyone. They just give you stuff.

I keep forgetting you are relatively new to this game. Suffice it to say that the game you see now, is not the game it was when it started. It has had change after change after change. If you were here under those conditions, with those rules, you can have no clue. Back then we didn't even have races. We sat for months and months at the end of the tech tree. The dwarves took 9 or 10 months before they even showed up.

Earth to BobbyKitty. The Magic Academy IS optional. You don't HAVE to build it.

Again....you don't understand. After it was created, everyone got a non declinable story line quest to build it. When we say that it isn't optional, it is just a way of saying shorthand that the quest was non declinable and that made a lot of people see the building of it as mandatory. We had no clue we couldn't delete it until we built the stupid thing. It was a new thing. Before that, they had never dumped such a thing on our heads. Before that, all the buildings they had you build you could delete....except things like the main hall or the builders or the barracks and those you build in the first day. But this was a new concept. There is way too much to explain to you about it all.

Yes, yes, you can refuse to build it, many of us have, but you lose an entire quest line forever. Plus, you lose the ability to participate in any contests that we have had so far. Building a factory is optional. Building a magic academy is different.

We all spent a very long time on the magic academy subject. If you want to know what we said, go read all the many many many threads on the many forums....the european forum, the french forum, the dutch forum, the beta forum, and there are probably more I am forgetting.

DeletedUser4417

No....the treasure chests at the beginning of the chapters that you had to unlock. Those other treasure chests are a much later development that it would be stupid to call stupid and horrible. Those chests don't hurt anyone. They just give you stuff.
Those are not horrible, not even bad for the game. Not even close. It actually gives a player an idea of where they SHOULD be in all actuality.

Perception confirmed
As is mine about you.

Again....you don't understand.

No, I understand. You, once again, were just not clear with what you wrote.

DeletedUser43

The alternative is catch your techs up. To actually complete chapters to catch up to where you have battled to.

HUH?

You don't even understand what we are all talking about. Sigh.

I am at the END of the tech tree. There are no more chapters. What are you talking about???? Each and every single solitary tech has been done.

At the end of every chapter there have been months and months and months of no content. Just sitting there. Waiting. Patiently. Nothing to upgrade. Nothing to build. Unless you got an expansion....woohoo!!! Then you could build one thing...maybe...maybe not. They released ancient wonders.....and we waited....and waited....and sent out scouts and waited nearly 3 months just so we could get two expansions to build one. Many a time since I played this game, I sat here with my city maxed out, and the only time I could do anything was with a new expansion. So obviously I would send out a scout. I had ACTUALLY completed all the chapters. We all had.

You are playing a different game. You have lots of chapters ahead of you. You have advanced scouts in your future. You have squad size upgrades. You are criticizing people when you don't have any idea what the game was like for them while they were playing it.

You walked into a room where a large group of people were talking and you jumped in without having any background information and ATTACKED. You didn't attack the game and share your perceptions of the game, you attacked the people standing there having a conversation. These people have a great deal more experience with this game than you and have experienced a great deal more than you have. It is nice to hear your perception of the changes and how it affects someone with your level of experience with the chapter you are facing, that is important, the company needs to know that, but you can stop attacking other people for their views.

I am curious. How long have you taken to get your city to the level where it is?