• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.16

DeletedUser2228

Question: I see that, once I unlock city expansion #36 on the tech tree, I'm going to have to pay 16,000,000 coins to place it. Can someone please tell me what level my main hall needs to be to store 16M coins? And what are the costs for placing the other tech expansions in the wood elves chapter?

Thanks for any help.

DeletedUser4671

Question: I see that, once I unlock city expansion #36 on the tech tree, I'm going to have to pay 16,000,000 coins to place it. Can someone please tell me what level my main hall needs to be to store 16M coins? And what are the costs for placing the other tech expansions in the wood elves chapter?

Thanks for any help.

This is a bug, the developers are already working on a fix. However, when you actually do unlock the tech, the price will drop to what it is supposed to be :)

DeletedUser2228

Thanks for the fast reply. Can you please tell me what the corrected cost will be? From the prior progression, I was expecting 9M coins, but patterns change.

DeletedUser1390

FWIW I just got City Expansion 34 and paid 7M for it. (And it also showed 16M prior to reaching it.)

christyb399

I chose to play Elvenar over Forge of Empires because I don't like fighting games. Elvenar seemed to be more of a builder game with some fighting. I used auto fight just fine until the new changes. I have over 240,000 rank points in E world and am over 300+ provinces out now. Finished Orc section a few weeks ago. With the changes, I can't even win on auto fight in the tournaments now, let alone try to "battle" for a province. I don't even need the expansions right now. I still have unused ones even after the recent row added. Is the goal of the creators to turn Elvenar in to another Forge game?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I chose to play Elvenar over Forge of Empires because I don't like fighting games. Elvenar seemed to be more of a builder game with some fighting. I used auto fight just fine until the new changes. I have over 240,000 rank points in E world and am over 300+ provinces out now. Finished Orc section a few weeks ago. With the changes, I can't even win on auto fight in the tournaments now, let alone try to "battle" for a province. I don't even need the expansions right now. I still have unused ones even after the recent row added. Is the goal of the creators to turn Elvenar in to another Forge game?
Sadly with provinces it is a waiting game. With the tournaments though there is a new forum section where you might be able to get help if you would like.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/battle-help.64/

DeletedUser4417

What I want to know is it the goal to make Elvenar more of a "fighting" game? If so, I will probably quit, maybe just visit to keep fellowship in supplies.
As far as I know and in looking at the way Elvenar is now it is not the goal to make it more of a 'fighting game.' It has that aspect to it and it is a choice of the player to do it or not.

The upgrades to the battle system were, in looking at it, an ongoing balancing issue as fights were seen as near black and white and not enough actual strategy there to them. With some of the changes older players that have 'over scouted' or 'over conquered' are now finding they cannot proceed at the same pace of conquering provinces as they once did.

So in answer, no, Elvenar is not becoming more of a fighting game.

DeletedUser2077

i had a hard time fighting before this update and even harder time now this doesnt make sense they hand us all light melee troops and add all the heavy ones to the other side we have to fight i think the fighters we got are so week that we cant fight them unless we have 6 maxed out armory's when the game calls for 3 and the money thing for land is not right either if we cant fight to get it whats the point of fighting then

DeletedUser4417

i had a hard time fighting before this update and even harder time now this doesnt make sense they hand us all light melee troops and add all the heavy ones to the other side we have to fight i think the fighters we got are so week that we cant fight them unless we have 6 maxed out armory's when the game calls for 3 and the money thing for land is not right either if we cant fight to get it whats the point of fighting then

You have to remember that we are not done with the battle upgrade. We are 2 of 3 steps into it and so we don't know what the end product will look like or how it all meshes and balances out. Once the final piece is in place things might make more sense.. might.

DeletedUser2753

We all make mistakes.

I would like to correct a mistake I made in a post in a thread that you have now closed. so best I do it here.

I had stated I only knew of only 5 worlds in Elvenar, which was true at the time, but have found two more since on European Servers and have no idea if there is more on servers in Asia or South America etc. If someone could help me tell me if there more then the 7 I have now discovered or if your in one of European servers could you contact me via Conversations.. Thanks all

christyb399

Looking forward to the new race and the impact on my city. I have enjoyed the palisade/medieval style of the orcs but it is time for something more fancy. Just need to finish those last few techs. The challenge of mana will be most interesting on town design.

Nice to see some boosts to archers and cerberus, I wonder is light melee needs some help too. Low level elves will really appreciate the fast moving unit in era 2. While the training queue is shared you can still build units in say training grounds while upgrading the barracks so that is helpful to keep restocking troops.

Anyone nearing the archer promotion in orcs would be best to not unlock it, if possible, so you can save your orc resources for the other techs.
Too late for me, and I get nothing for having spent the resouces.

DeletedUser43

With some of the changes older players that have 'over scouted' or 'over conquered'

@a moderator.

I am getting really sick to death of people saying that the older players "over" scouted and "over" conquered. This is insulting as can be. Could someone PLEASE come in here and make it clear, as the mods have on other servers, that none of the players are to blame in any way shape or form. That we are not bad players who did things wrong. That there is no such thing as "over" scouting. There is simply scouting. Could we get the same apology that was made on other servers? It is pitting player against player and it is simply awful. I will be reporting my own post to bring this to a moderator's attention.

DeletedUser2753

Well they just solved my problem with shorter total training time for 5 openings at all levels. Previously the longest total you could schedule was 6+ hours. Now in post Orcs I can train 5 sets of 711 Dogs (Cerberus) at 20.20 hours each so that is about 4 days 6 hours I can sleep or work a lititle overtime. LMAO.... Seriously how UNBALANCED is this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4671

There is no right or wrong way to play this game. Marindor said it best:

Just to be clear: Noone is "blaming" anyone for that, for all you did was play the game and try to get as far ahead as possible. There's nothing wrong with that. The only thing is: We see now how this goes in practice and if we don't do something about that, it will bring even bigger balance issues in the future. If anyone is to blame for this situation, it's us. We should have seen that coming from the start and the battle balance should have been better all along. The truth is, this wasn't the case so we had to make some adjustments now. This limits the top players now and we're sincerely sorry for that but we do feel that it's necessary to restore the balance and keep the game fun and challening in the long run, which is our aim.

We as a support team, and me as a Community Manager being ultimately responsible for this market, are representing our entire team here on the forum. Therefore, when I apologise for something here, you may see that as an apology from our entire team. In the end of course I was not the Game Designer or the Developer, and it that same perspective a Game Designer is not a customer supporter, but we're all 1 team, working on the same project.

From the team on the U.S. server, we are sincerely sorry that these changes were implemented when they were.

DeletedUser4417

I am getting really sick to death of people saying that the older players "over" scouted and "over" conquered.
You can keep repeating that but the fact is, the way the game is right now, that IS what has happened. Scout times over 24 hours and upwards of 48 hours IS players over scouting. Battles at near ridiculous levels to win is a direct result of players over-conquering.

This is insulting as can be. Could someone PLEASE come in here and make it clear, as the mods have on other servers, that none of the players are to blame in any way shape or form. That we are not bad players who did things wrong. That there is no such thing as "over" scouting. There is simply scouting. Could we get the same apology that was made on other servers? It is pitting player against player and it is simply awful. I will be reporting my own post to bring this to a moderator's attention.
Noone is saying that xx player played the game wrong. Merely that as the game exists right now, with the borders that the Devs felt they had to put up because of the state of the game and to keep it viable in the long term, that some players HAVE very much over scouted and over conquered. It's simple mathematics. Taking two cities that are exactly the same in all regards with respect to race chosen, techs researched, buildings built and chapter currently in a person who has over scouted and over-conquered, by game mechanic, has a harder time of it than a person who has not. This will even out, should the person that is over the 'quota' allow it even out over coming chapters.

Last edited by a moderator: