• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Balance the Battle!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Actually, yes, it does accomplish a lot
Granted is IS information, but not nearly as useful as it could be

The thing is that some fights are perfectly balanced right now.
There is a "Goldilocks" zone where fights are winnable losing 0.25-0.5 of a stack, and 1-1.5 stacks on autofight. Which IMO is perfect, and would be negatively effected by a blanket change of "enemies reduced by x%". The challenge for INNO is to find the edges of that zone and expand it.

We can't expect the devs to run a sim on every level of the game, there's just way too many.

1. Latest squad size unlocked
2. Distance from home
3. XXX/YYY of chest completed
4. screenshot of fight line-up, or equivalent information.

That's not much to ask for, and really gives the devs something to work with.
EDIT: Yes, I know you have provided this information Bobbykitty, I'm not talking about 300+ province players, that needs it's own fix (and no one seems to have a specific suggestion there)

DeletedUser43

That's not much to ask for, and really gives the devs something to work with.

Actually, yes, it is a whole lot to ask for. It is a ton of information that is needed from people who have other things to do with their lives. Most of them are just hitting the door. Bye bye baby bye bye.

The majority of the players won't come to the forums, and the few tiny ones that have tried are so confused by the fact that their game password doesn't work here that they give up. So that leaves the very very hardcore players who will run that gauntlet and get here.

For the ones that are here on the forums, I asked separately in a thread on beta to make it clear that the devs wanted that information and the THREAD was shut down and they demanded that all the fight information be in the same main thread. Well, that main thread wasn't getting that info and still isn't. I asked in a separate thread on here that wasn't shut down but had very few replies. Now what? The information isn't coming in and yet, the complaints are....fast and furious.

"It is 6-7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to keep a current one." https://www.helpscout.net/75-customer-service-facts-quotes-statistics/ And players are walking out the door.

There is a "Goldilocks" zone where fights are winnable

This concept of Goldilock's zones isn't working out too well for this company, is it? Maybe they should go back to making the game playable again and figure out some other way to accomplish what they were trying to do?

And again....why is it that people are "too far ahead"? Why is 200 provinces behind too far ahead? How does that make any sense? They say it has nothing to do with selling expansions. Ok, then. It is absurd that it should take players 4 years or more to get all the world map expansions. That is a terrible policy too.

We can't expect the devs to run a sim on every level of the game, there's just way too many.

Then I guess they will only have a Goldilock's zone of customers.

SoggyShorts

Actually, yes, it is a whole lot to ask for.
Honestly, I used to have empathy and feel bad for people that are leaving, but if you are right, then I no longer do.

If you want things to change you kinda need to provide SOME information.
"I don't like this, I quit" is garbage.
If you don't like a product you can either stop using it(quit) or give useful feedback.

Just look at this thread: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-16.4462/page-11#post-31991

wolfsinger has made an actual suggestion, and we have been discussing the pros and cons and working through it. I think I've provided valuable feedback and asked for clarification. Then you come in and focus on what? "We're not too far ahead, there's squares on the map I haven't filled."
Not super helpful. You can safely assume that if you've said it 40 times we've heard you. You are a smart player, and have lots of knowledge-- I'm sure you can contribute to an idea without attacks or repetition.

Calenmir

As can those who want to continually tell me (and others) that we have played the game wrong or that we overscouted (which in my case is a total joke - and yes I HAVE contributed to the threads asking for contributions only to be told it must be a 'bug'). When I point out that everyone must have the same bug, nothing is said. But NOW it is because this is what the developers intended and OF COURSE it will be harder in the earlier chapters. Really? We've been saying that it was on purpose all along, but some how that gets turned against us again.

It is terribly sad that when a post is made asking for our feedback and we give it, we are then told 'we have played the game wrong' . No we didn't and we are within our rights to contribute to feedback - whether we give details (as you say we must) or just vent. But oh no, then we must defend ourselves against those that will NEVER give their own feedback (heaven forbid), no they are content to attach themselves to others feedback. I have seen none of you say "I think this is great" on any of the "please give us your feedback" threads. The ONLY thing I've seen is people being told what (in your opinion) they did wrong.

To be fair, if one must stop attacking then all must stop attacking. I personally think BK has done a fabulous job of not backing down from any of you. She fights for everyone not just herself. So if you or anyone else has an opinion then do please express it, but there is no reason AT ALL to quote someone else's post and speak to their comments. If you feel these are good changes to the game, then say so, but don't say it by telling someone else how wrong they are or how wrong they played.

SoggyShorts

, but there is no reason AT ALL to quote someone else's post and speak to their comments.
But then why even have a quote feature? If you don't want anyone discussing what you say, then don't use the public feedback forum, send it in a ticket or something instead.
I hope venting works for you, I just don't think it helps move the conversation along.

Imagine Elvenar is a restaurant.
A bunch of people saying "The food here sucks." is useful feedback, but if each person mentioned that the reason they don't like the food specifically then the kitchen could do something about it much easier.
"The soup is cold"
"The burgers are overdone"
"The french fries are too greasy"

Or, you can just tell them the food sucks, and hope that management cooks up 5 or six of every single thing on the menu, gets the whole staff to taste test each item and try to guess as to what is going wrong in the kitchen.... good luck with that.

DeletedUser43

Soggy,

Then don't keep repeating that there has to be something done to stop players from being too far ahead. You brought it up. I replied. Wolf brought it up. You ignored it there too. You keep wanting to talk about a change but you are taking for granted that the underlying assumption is correct. Why not take a step back and look at the premise. Is the premise correct? If the premise isn't correct, then nothing said after that makes any difference. Yet, no one is talking about the premise, they are just accepting it as true. Where is the discussion about whether or not players are ever too far ahead? You just gloss over that bs and then go on and try to figure out how to stop them from being "too far ahead". Attack the premise or at least DISCUSS the premise, but blindly accepting the premise doesn't help if the premise is the problem.

"I don't like this, I quit" is garbage.

It doesn't matter what you think. Either players are quitting or they are not. I have seen many players quit. I have seen many players say they tried the game, they don't enjoy it. I have seen fewer and fewer active cities. Reality is what reality is. You can scream all you want at the players who are choosing other games, but that won't get any more people here. It isn't up to US to make a good game. We aren't SELLING a game. The devs are. They can listen to the feedback or ignore it at their own peril. The devs aren't victims. They are producers of a product that people are not happy about.

It doesn't matter what kind of game I want or you want, it matters what kind of game can be sold and played. There are tons of things I personally would like in the game but I don't suggest them because it would be bad for the overall product. Things I want wouldn't make the devs any money and that would mean no game. When I make suggestions, I am taking into consideration what will keep players here, playing, and paying money. Stomping my feet and demanding that players come here and write extensive information just isn't going to happen, so there is no point in having any opinion about it one way or the other.

Honestly, I used to have empathy and feel bad for people that are leaving, but if you are right, then I no longer do.

Your feelings on the subject have nothing to do with how to make this game better and more playable. They are beside the point. They just aren't relevant to how to fix things. I don't mean they aren't important feelings, but they aren't important when it comes to fixing the problems that are here. That's what we are discussing. Player after player keeps saying the same thing and all they get are attacked for telling it how it is. They don't like the game the way it is. Period. Having some silly Goldilocks sweet spot where only a tiny few can play a game is ridiculous from a business point of view. It is absurd to limit your customer base so much. You can be happy or sad or angry or joyous or depressed or frightened about them leaving without giving battle information, that won't change the fact that they ARE in fact leaving and they aren't giving that information, so some other solution will need to be found that doesn't rely on getting that information. Unless you have a solution for how to get that info. But I really don't think it matters. The specific information is that the battles are too hard. Troops die too much. The enemies don't die enough.

Or, you can just tell them the food sucks, and hope that management cooks up 5 or six of every single thing on the menu, gets the whole staff to taste test each item and try to guess as to what is going wrong in the kitchen.... good luck with that.

This isn't our restaurant! It is THEIR restaurant. WE have plenty of place to eat out in the world. If yet another restaurant closes, oh well. It matters to the owners though. So if they want to sit back and keep selling lousy food, that is their idiocy. We aren't prisoners of war stuck in this one eatery and begging and pleading and trying to figure how to manipulate the guards so maybe we can talk them into giving us better food on our table. We are consumers who have thousands of choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Then don't keep repeating that there has to be something done to stop players from being too far ahead.
I personally don't think anyone scouted too far ahead, never have. I do understand that INNO wants to provide a certain all-around game experience and that they think everyone's tech tree and world map should be balanced the way they think is best. I don't actually think that is necessary either.

It isn't up to US to make a good game.
If you aren't trying to make the game better, why are you posting? Using customer feedback to improve your product is a pretty common practice.

Having some silly Goldilocks sweet spot where only a tiny few can play a game is ridiculous
I agree, as I said, this goldilocks zone needs to be expanded, like I said, I feel (I know, my feelings don't matter, sorry) that losing 0.5 stacks on manual and losing 1.5 stacks on auto is the sweet spot. Maybe increasing as you go out to double that or in extreme cases triple that until you get some squad sizes, or scout tech.

This isn't our restaurant! It is THEIR restaurant.
Here I just disagree with you. If I like a restaurant, or a game, but there is room for improvement, I'll fill out a comment card...why not? They put the comment card there for some reason, maybe they want help to improve.

DeletedUser43

I think you misunderstand. Obviously I am commenting in hopes to make the game better as are you. We both care a great deal about the game. But the devs seem to have this opinion that the are the consumers and it is up to us, the players, to give them the proper feedback or the devs won't do anything about it. That unless we "behave" properly and give them specifics from battles then they will refuse to do anything. Well, if they do that, then they are cutting off their own noses. They can scream and yell that customers aren't behaving well enough, but so what? That won't make the game better and it won't make more people like it.

Besides, who needs to give specifics? We know that many battles are impossible. They have told us they are. So why do they need us to give them specifics? And if some battles are impossible, then some are super super hard, then some are just super hard, and so on down the line until you get to easier battles. It is an easy fix. Ratchet down the difficulty. If customers are telling you the soup is too salty, you don't need customers to tell you exactly how many tablespoons you should have used.

We also need to know what demographic they are selling this game to. I know that the majority of my fellowship are non avid gamers over the age of 50. They weren't interested in playing a game with heavy battle content which is why they chose Elvenar. They wanted a city building game and some battles are fun, but they aren't the kind of people who would only be happy on the most difficult battle gaming system. Now, if they want to keep those kinds of customers, then they should have an easy battle system. Something fun and light and not too intense. Something a grandmother can do because a lot of the players here ARE grandmothers. Besides, avid fighters are going to find Elvenar too boring for them. Avid fighters are going to fire up the latest console games and go to town.

On the other hand, if they have decided that the people who are currently buying this game is a bad audience to try to sell things to and they want avid gamers here, then ok, who cares what grandma wants? Maybe they ARE trying to change the demographics of this game. idk. Maybe they don't want any of us here. That seems stupid to me too, because the company already sells a more battle intense game. Then they would be competing with themselves for the same customers?

So let's assume that they don't want to be just another FoE because they already have FoE. If they want Elvenar, then a crazy difficult system with 15 different troops is too many for the AARP crowd. Lest you misunderstand, of course there are some people over 50 who kick butt in fights, but you aren't selling to the outliers. You want to sell to the crowd in the middle. You want the most amount of people to buy your product.

Do you want to know the number one comment I get when asked about the battle system? It has nothing to do with the complexities of which troop is good against which other and how many hitpoints are best for this battle. The number one question I get is how do you move your troops? How do you make them shoot? People here are on such a lower level than they have any idea and a lot of that has to do with the fact that the game never taught them ANYTHING about how to battle. The tutorials on battles are sparse and near worthless. But suddenly they decided to dump a whole brand new complex expert level battle system on people? Idk. Maybe they have so much turnover they don't care about ANY of the current players.

DeletedUser43

Notice who is doing all the complaining?
Yes. Hundreds and hundreds of players on the facebook page. Dozens and dozens on all the pages of all the many different forums. The players in my fellowship. The players in all the protesting fellowships.

It is good that you are in the tiny little sweet spot. Good for you that is. It is bad for all those other players that there is such a tiny sweet spot.

DeletedUser4417

I'm in chapter V working on opening city expansion 16. I just conquered province #85. I am having no trouble winning fights. NONE AT ALL. Notice who is doing all the complaining?
I do indeed, thank you Breann for your comment and input.

Yes. Hundreds and hundreds of players on the facebook page. Dozens and dozens on all the pages of all the many different forums. The players in my fellowship. The players in all the protesting fellowships.

It is good that you are in the tiny little sweet spot. Good for you that is. It is bad for all those other players that there is such a tiny sweet spot.
This is exactly what we have been talking about for weeks now BobbyKitty. A person who is starting out in chapters I and II will have difficulty and the devs need to adjust that battle computation. While a person, an average person that has not over-conquered has no problems with battles. While a person who has over conquered, over scouted has a good many problems. The 'sweet spot' is not tiny at all.

DeletedUser43

Karon Donahue · 0:07 I keep on having to negotiate rather than do battle because either I'm not able to have a large enough fighting force, or my units are too weak. It's frustrating. So; for now I don't fight at all, I just build. I just worked through the treasure chest and see that I'll be able to get Golems before long. I hope that changes things.

Catherine Wilson · 0:00 I dont understand how you can say that it is something we can get used to..... its literally impossible even if you took away the random generated terrain which might end up being a bit unfair, or the auto fight system losing more troops than the manual fight......the big elephant in the room no one seems to be able to address is that the enemy squad sizes are 4 TIMES STRONGER with generally much harder squad types already in play. It is impossible and quite frankly it is just so that we spend more resources on negotiating and therefore may end up buying diamonds. Be honest. You made this move so that you can make some more money. Thats fine, but don't make it impossible ! Take the ratio down to 1:2 at least then we might have a chance at fighting. At the moment I have never won a battle since the new system was in place, even when pitting full Paladin troops against light melee units. There are so many that they are impossible to win against. Take the squad sizes down !!!

Helen Bach · 0:46 My troops are getting slaughtered :(

Sylvia Veronica Mastenbroek · 0:24 i stil cant work the battle system out i stil keep losing, i used to win but now almost get slaughterd ever time i try to do a province.

Cécile LP · 23:39
Translated from French
Frankly, it's a bad decision for the that this change in the fighting. He comes too early and demotivates already the few players motivated and active, in any case this is what I found after conversations with other players of the French community.

Babas Angran · 0:00
Translated from French
Since their update, almost anyone can make of the fighting, the only chance forward and negotiate, really not a good update except for those who was already in a very high level, on a world those who are like me at the level 3, the whole map are inactive, he abandons the fur and extent, we're not ready in advance :(

Virginia Banks · 28:52 I'm seriously thinking on cutting back on my armories and building up my boosted good manufacturies even more than they are so I can negotiate and trade faster and better. Battles seem very un-winnable. I love the game but it might be time to re-think how I play.

Christophe Massucco · automatically translated.
Stop playing the autistic and pretend that your redesign is a success... you don't have much managed to piss off a large number of players! The changes have been poorly thought: if you had really thought about it, the fact that the ai does not adjust to your new combat system should have to alert you on the fact that trying to erase some imbalances (which could be necessary, I Admit it), you were intrinsically rendered the fighting more complex. What is more, their implementation has been abysmal, the fact is deficient of tests or a not taking into account the results of tests, and planning for the least random (why spread this disaster on 2 months? ). Finally your communication, ignoring real problems and pretending that everything was fine in the best of all possible worlds, is simply stupid... stop to the policy of the ostrich!

Deni Hill · 0:33 Nope, it got too complicated and hard so I stopped fighting.

Michaela Gray · 0:00 Even if I were to understand the enemy, I can't win against troops twice as big as mine and more of them. Wasn't hard to figure out either! Manual or Auto, it does not matter, it's a no win situation and frustrating, not any fun. Takes hours to build a troop and it's gone trying to win just 1 Encounter, that's just not fair. Changing the rules to our disadvantage in the middle of a game is very bad taste to say it politely. How about coming up with something positive,so we can all enjoy playing again???

Neil Murphy · 0:00 its impossible too win ive tried everything :(

Paul Holtman · 4:05 i have top level troops across the board, human, used to be at least battle in tournaments if i took the time, thru tour province spot 8 thru 8 rounds, now i cant even get past round 5, and i have top level troops.

Simone Giraldo · 0:00 i can't understand why so many like here. Still battle are not possible, and today i found a new strong enemy (a goblin) is put as a defender of a province against my soldiers, and note i'm 15 province less than requested to unlock next level.

Colin Freeth · 11:28 why have you spoilt the game by making the battle system so hard. you have taken the enjoyment out of the game. Is was fairly well balanced before, now its just a waste of time.

Gilles Hemon · 0:04 The fighting became really too hard and even in my case impossible,, I think I quit the game as auitres colleagues elsewhere if you don't do anything at this level!!

Ivy R Hiller · 2:48 I always won more playing in auto & now I don't win at all since the changes.....Plus my white surrender flag doesn't work.

Kathleen MacDonald Lake · 3:32 I've stopped training my troops. No way I can win. Wish I could sell back everything related to fighting. It was fun but not anymore.

Jamie Lafferty Richey · 0:00 The changes are I am now unable to win a battle and I am getting my aspirin handed to me! :p

Berna Figueredo · 2:16 The tournament battles are impossible to win

Amy Wench · 20:56 After the new battle system change it's become highly uneven. I destroyed all my armories and now just negotiate everything!

Rhonda Schmeltz · 0:00 its too hard!!!!!

Rosangela Rodriguez · 0:00 you have ruined the game, fix the battle system

Elisabeth Dalver · 0:00 It's a bummer it is impossible to win a single game

Heather Holley · 6:42 I cant not win a battle at all since the changes...and this is the same for basically everyone in my fellowship. Why did you make this so hard!! I love the game but this is seriously discouraging! Also, when I go to my fight screen I dont have any menus that show what units are better/worse then the other units like you are showing.

Ian Wuolle · 0:00 and if i absolutely have to watch videos or go to the forums and spend hours researching how to.... the game is not worth playing, design it so people can figure it out with regular gameplay or dont bother changing it.

Clifford Kinnett · 15:27 With the new battle system I cannot win any battles. If this setup remains unchanged I will lose interest and quit playing.

Luisa Simoes Keenan · 6:42 All I am hearing is ........ I lost trying all unites on the same battle , so it is not a question of different fighters .. come on ...

Mark Taylor · 0:00 You want to 'fix' the Battle system? Have the casualties count in a 'round 2' (or more, if needed). This way people can actually whittle-down their opponent. Otherwise, its not really a battle system at all. I can't remember the last time I won a battle, before OR after the changes. I'm never going to build that training ground - just another useless building taking up valuable space.

Case Casey · 0:00 can't win any battles at all.... game sux now

Paula Sandlin · 0:00 THE FIGHTING IS TOO HARD NOW! It would be great if you could adjust this!

DeletedUser43

I had a list much longer, but the system wouldn't let me post it because comments can only be so long.

You can try to tell all these customers to go jump in a lake, I just think it is dumb.

Sandy Schaub Rye · 1:57 The new battle system stinks imo. I've stopped battling as a lower level. I just can't win. :(

Andriy Senkov · 2:03 hej guys ! what happend with all of the unit :( i lost 15k paladins in tournament (tour 1-4) they win only 15 fights ...

Ruben Roeh · 3:53 Neither is easier or harder to understand, it's not rocket science. The new one is simply way harder to win...

Pauline Toner Sookes · 4:55 yes very unfair, do not do anymore battles either, can't possibly win or get anything

Jonathan C Ross · 6:20 I noticed that the new battle system is very hard for newer players. I play in all five worlds and have given up on battles and now just have to negotiate my way through provences.

Linda Morgan · 10:39 the new battle system is hard.ihave only won one since it started.

Yvan Pasco · 11:29 The members of my teams are like me, since the update of the battle system, we do not earn more or sporadically because of this we believe leaving the game.

Maria Conceição Ferreira Virgolino · 12:12 How to fight if our armies are minors? It gets hard to win

Michèle Robert · 12:50 It's become unplayable!

Vanessa MacLellan · 13:21 I was doing well in battles, then something changed and I lose everytime. The enemies squads are triple mine and I do no damage. Was this a change in the game? Did they level up somehow and I cant? It made the game no longer fun. I'm trying to just build my city because I can't do anything in a battle what so ever. My city is overcrowded so I can't upgrade stuff anymore, which again, makes it less fun. I just earned sword dancer II and am planning on researching larger squads next... but if this doesn't level me out with the enemy, I will probably quit. Their huge and sudden overpowering of me seemed inexplicable, arbitrary and takes away the fun.

Chris Petchey · 14:03 I agree with Vanessa MacLellan!!!!

Hermann Brunner · 14:09 I lose with all units from the elves, cannot win

Colin Freeth · 11:28 I hope you will take notice of the comments and not just ignore them,

Debi Nichols · 13:33 Love a lot of the new stuff but opposing armies are too large making it impossible to beat them at this stage

Flaure Lautre · 13:10 The provinces have become too difficult to obtain, between the fighting or the troops are too strong and the cost is too high! :(why??

Michel Moreira · 16:09 the battle system sucks now :(...failed!!

Jessica Gehrman · 17:09 The new battle strategy is terrible. My newest world, I was doing just fine then, BAM, I'm getting slaughtered. I can't even get past ascending magic. Especially since you put these, how many battles you win to advance. Also, whats in the chest is ridiculous. We can create that stuff. Or get them from guildies. Gems should be in those chest or something. But what are you doing for people who are just starting out. Something needs to be done about battles for beginners. It's just really bad!

Linda de Boer · 17:04 I have not won a battle since the update.. the enemy squadsizes are huge

Jesus San Millan Bujanda · 16:02 Hola from Spain. I think that the new actualizacion is making things difficult and boring, it takes ages to advance in the game, wihtour bying diamons, whih I am afraid is your aim.

Carole Waldner · 17:04 Why did they make the battles impossible to win, what incentive can come from it if you can never win a match? Are they going to make changes so we can finally battle again or is it futile to even try?

Cathy Ann Erickson · 19:42 battles seem to be a waste of our time now. Everyone in my fellowship feels the same. If this does not change everyone will stop playing.

Ivan Yosemiti · 20:40 Battle system after update is horrible.

Marianne Stok · 21:13 A lot of losses... where you used to be won.. It's not improved.

Linda Vidal · 19:51 I quit the battles. its costs too much supplies to train, and you lose them all when youj could be building or negotiating/trading with them

Dancea Ioana · 23:13 It should be a sistem to hyelp plauers not to destroy everything good that was before.
Dancea Ioana · 24:36 escuse me to say but in normal battle in p[rovince the defeat is sure it can not be win

Susan Bell · 23:14 If there are more enemies it is hard to win, Can you get it so we can get more units/

Ruben Huerta · 22:21 They have made the stink battles

Heather Shelton · 24:09 I liked the battles mindless. Now I just negotiate, which makes the game move very slowly since I am a low level player.

Paula Button · 24:27 i am uanable to win battles because of the size of the enemy units

Cathy Ann Erickson · 24:33 The troops are way out numbered and much much stronger; it is not even for us. You can not win!

Kate Moore Brooks · 24:55 As a city building game why are you spending so long on battling when trading is equally important -

Israel Church · 24:55 Enemy squad size is definitely a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

There just isn't that much room in these text boxes.

Luisa Simoes Keenan · 21:06 Yeah i have had it with the fighting. Went from winning 2 in 3 battles to loosing 3 in 3. Whatever you did... please undo it or make it interesting to play this game again. at this moment it is just another city builder game with pretty pictures

Fleur Gz · 25:12 automatically translated The battles became impossible!
We're getting slaughtered out here or the negotiations are asking too many resources.
Members of my fraternity are demotivated and have less want to play because of it...

Robert Archuleta · 25:16 why is it that everyone that I want to battle have so many more slots open than I do? I only have 5 slots open

Robin Smigielski-Springer · 25:26 How can it be fair when my army is against 1000s when I only have 500 on the battlefield.

Bea Castillo · 25:41 I prefer to do trades than fight for provinces but all provinces ive scouted require goblins I haven't unlocked goblins so I'm having a hard to reaching expansions will anything be done about this?

ZE KE · 25:13 when will you guys gonna fix the battle system issues? a week, 2 weeks or ?

Mike Moran · 25:48 Elvenar was a pleasant distraction in pretty world-building. The battles were engaging enough, but I played it as a necessary evil to gain expansions for the city. Not difficult, just pretty and fun. Now I need to strategize - but the game is just a background distraction during work. Battle strategies are for gaming at home. It's unfortunate that I'm losing interest. It's a lovely game.

Cami Milly · 26:27 when will you guys gonna fix the battle system issues?

Maria Conceição Ferreira Virgolino · 27:29 How do I continue to evolve if I don't have any more space will get opening esçapo in the game the next stage requires a lot of lives

Ruben Huerta · 28:03 The new battle system is very ingenious ... it is impressive to see how with only a small change have made people lose interest quickly ...

Lorraine Garland · 27:39 All lot of people are quitting the game because there is no way to win. I have conquered 239 provinces and am having a hard time understanding the new battle strategies. Some people are saying that I have scouted too far out from my city. Is this true?? Am I wasting my time??

Alice Kinnett · 28:39 I am so ready to quit playing, when i first started this game was fun, but now it is very boring. if you are not high level you cannot win any battles. NOT FUN

Rebecca Windsor · 28:46 I don't fight anymore as there is no point. The opposing armies have become too strong to beat and my armies have been weakened. WTF? The new mage/cleric is weak and useless

Rosana Leão · 24:24 And thus, more and more players are leaving the game, the system of battle that you invented is a desestimulo to players, a lot of people leaving, and those who are fully explain...... it's the end of elvenar.

Keith Neasloss · 29:17 Your losing lots of people. Need more expansions!!!!!!!

Jamer A. Mesa · 29:44 I cant win any fight after this upgrade

Jaka Golovec · 29:42 guys Elvenar will become FoE. Where you can't do anything but you still need to collect coins/supplies all the time just to slowly progress within research tree. Timon, Rike prove us wrong... and stop locking up gameplay with every "update" stop behave like false gods. You guys have no real perspective over the game. This isn't fantasy game anymore is all becoming one way or no way! Policing forums w/o independent moderation can mean admins can abusive their powers and block everybody that don't agree with their one way. Stop promising something and delivering something else... this is called a scam and you should be suited for things like that. Believe me you are not exception in game world. There are so many games that get away with not delivering content they shown in trailers or mentioned on forums.
I sent you so many proposition non were implement (wiki link still no right click) But this doesn't matter because wiki is not up-to-date anymore.

Timon promised reasonable stats for AWs... I proposed changes. Non were implement...

all the time i hear from support "we pass the suggestions etc." no feedback from that.

Support teams changes every month.
Stop deleting post that are telling the truth.
If you delete this post, you will just prove you are part of false dictators.

WolfSinger

Bobbykitty -please understand I'm not saying the players did anything wrong with my suggestion (After all I'm in the 300+ province group myself) - what I am saying is that I understand the devs (for whatever reason) want to slow players down - to encourage diamond spending to buy expansions - possibly // to make sure they can keep up by being able to new content at what seems a better pace.

I want to see the combat metrics scaled back and a balance that allows those who are even further along than I am to have a light at the end of the tunnel - not years of possible waiting before their chapters catch up to where they have scouted.

What I proposed was changes the number of provinces required to open a chapter to a higher number than currently required - I like the idea of basing that number on the rings - so it grows geometrically - NOT by only 20 or 30 each chapter. This means players who are in the 300+ cleared province range will see a drop in scout times, costs and encounter difficulty to better match how far players have reached since the game started (but hopefully not so high that new players are daunted by the province requirements for each chapter)

It is a compromise suggestion that I believe better balances what the devs APPEAR to want and where the players affected by this ROADBLOCK are in the game.

I only fight in the provinces and now I can't win past the 3 star encounters (and I typically have to cater 1 to 2 per province) // I don't know the battle system well enough to try fighting in the provinces - so I have made the decision to only finish clearing Ring 12 after I unlock the Advanced Scout in the Wood Elves chapter - then stop until the next chapter. (I have the advantage of having purchased 20 premium expansions earlier in the game - so this is easier for me than players who do not buy diamonds)

As far as the premise - not sure I agree with the devs wanting to stop players like this - but I seriously doubt we will get them to change that thinking - so we need to get them to remove the WALL and give players a run-out to brake on.

Last edited:

DeletedUser43

Jamer A. Mesa · 30:04 befor was better
Jamer A. Mesa · 31:32 automatically translated I think this was done just to make you buy diamonds...

Maria Richardson · 30:35 players need to open a lot of provinces in order to expand their space. Maybe if you reduced the number of provinces needed then players wouldn't run into the problem of expanding their world map too far

Carole Taylor · 30:40 Its not true you don't have to fight! I haven't unlocked orcs so I can only fight as they are included in negotiations now!

Cathy Rice Bowles · 29:16 I am so far out in battling, I cannot win anymore. Should I delete my armories, and just cater?

Nicolas Van Schooten · 31:02 automatically translated It's just impossible currently your fighting! It's time to go back to the old version.

Katarzyna Niewczas Żak Przybył · 30:40Well, I can't negotiate, becouse I don't have orcs yet :(

Max Waggoner · 31:27 I can't win any fights. You have imagined a different game and changed Elvenar to become that game. I will play your new game but don't tell me I can win a combat because you are up in your tower and us little gamers don't make you any money, so you really don't know how you've change the game for us.

Tony Junior · 31:34 automatically translated
I would like to make a suggestion, the degree of difficulty to evolve the troops and discourages the continuity of the player!!!

Maria Conceição Ferreira Virgolino · 31:40o automatically translated. The tournaments were hard almost impossible to fight, now it's just commerce kkkkhahaha

Cécile LP · 31:41 automatically translated. It's too simple to say that if we don't want to fight let's do the négocation, it doesn't help to solve the problem and a relatively advanced level everything costs an arm and takes a day! I call it my head in the sand. There are some imbalance in the game more important to resolve that the fighting but apparently lose players you don't mind.

Reiner Müller · 32:18 The main problem is simply that its impossible to win now since battle was the cheaper way to finish provinces and most people simply finished too many provinces. So with the much faster growing enemy size you cant fight enemys from 2 chapters in the future(like finishing your 95th province in chapter 4) anymore. But sine your town needs the extra space you get every few finished provinces, you simply will buy your way through and never battle again since it'll still be impossible to win since with every "bought" province the next one will just get more troops.

Karen Woodson · 32:24 fighting issues has been a huge disappointment... continually run out of resources and slow slow progression... required to negotiate.... and on top of that, have to go back to re-research with each adjustment made... sad. if there was another way to get kp, it would help dramatically

Bryony Stewart-Seume · 0:00 I haven't even attempted a battle in ages. I sold some of my armories for pace, because clearly manufacturing and trading is the only way forward.

Maximilian Dozol · 0:00 automatically translated Before the change I could beat armies 3 x dreams, now I can't win even 2 x bigger, now just buying the ones that don't ask orcs.

DeletedUser43

As far as the premise - not sure I agree with the devs wanting to stop players like this - but I seriously doubt we will get them to change that thinking - so we need to get them to remove the WALL and give players a run-out to brake on.

This is in reply to your entire post. If what you are saying is that you will be giving players a larger number of provinces to clear before they hit the wall, then I agree that doing what you are suggesting is better than it is now. Anything that eases the brakes is better. But the best solution is to stop this nonsense and not get rid of so many people. They say that for every one person who complains, 26 more are unhappy. Gee, there are a lot of unhappy people in this game right now. And these are just the people that were awake at 7:30 in the morning last Friday and that knew that they were doing this on facebook.

WolfSinger

That's exactly what I'm saying - larger province requirements to open each chapter - when you base it on the rings (or equivalent # of provinces) the number required to open each new chapter grows.

For example to open Chapter 2 you would now need 12 provinces (equal to the number in rings 1 and 2)

Based on my example in the other thread you wouldn't be able to open the Wood Elves Chapter until you cleared Ring 10 (or # of provinces) (Ring 11 is where you hit the Orc requirement or negotiation). That is going to be more than what required to open the Wood Elves. Add how ever many provinces are in Ring 11 before you can open the next chapter. And so on.

Yes, there will still be outliers who have pushed further than that who will have high costs / times and difficulty - but I think it would be an easier adjustment - especially if the battle difficulty was scaled back to match the new requirements.

DeletedUser43

Maybe I'm just dense, but what exactly are you suggesting? A rollback to the old system?

I am suggesting toning down the difficulty in all battles so that they are all winnable. Before it was like that. All battles were winnable, and yet, it was still too hard for many players. Supposedly, the new battle system was going to make it easier for people to win because so many people were unhappy then. The majority of people never bothered to battle because it was too complicated before, too hard to understand, and too hard to win a fight. If you want to fix that problem, then make these fights a LOT easier. Take all the values and change them so the battles are not so difficult.

So tone it down. So what if people win? They still have to wait for the scouts. Now they are just negotiating, so they are clearing exactly as many provinces as before, but they are doing it another way.....except all those middle players stuck needing orcs that aren't in the orc province yet....they are getting whammed by both issues.

Based on my example in the other thread you wouldn't be able to open the Wood Elves Chapter until you cleared Ring 10 (or # of provinces)

How many provinces is that?