• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eldrasil's Ascending

DeletedUser1390

From all of the above I think the most efficient building is Hazeltown. A halfling house is 2200 pop for 15 squares, and needs a road.
Doesn't seem to be on the list of building at gamersgems though

Hey Soggy - How confident are you that this Hazeltown will appear? Since as you say it's the best of the list you posted and would be worth waiting for, but is also the one that hasn't appeared in other sources.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Hey Soggy - How confident are you that this Hazeltown will appear? Since as you say it's the best of the list you posted and would be worth waiting for, but is also the one that hasn't appeared in other sources.
The image is created, the info is in the game files. No one can be 100% sure, because they might change their minds, but they've put time and money into the design, so not deploying it at this stage is unlikely.

DeletedUser11823

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear your feedback regarding our new autumn event as you progress through the questline.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed after trying to obtain one of the daily prizes, I had saved all the hazelnuts I had collected and earned for a couple of days (from around my city and from the quests) until a building I really wanted came along, but once it did it took me over 20 attempts to finally get it, on the other hand I must have gotten at least 14 Instants in these 20+ attempts, way too many, needless to say I used up almost all of my hazelnuts and it's now very unlikely I'll be able to get another building that I want if it's going to take me 20 or more attempts every time since I've already completed 60 quests, which means I've already collected (and used, thanks to this incident) most of the possible nuts I can get, you should only get the same prize so many times until you get to the next one from the loop, because 14 instants out of 20 attempts having different prizes doesn't make any sense unless you DON'T want people to get the buildings, really, very frustrating.

DeletedUser1390

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed after trying to obtain one of the daily prizes, I had saved all the hazelnuts I had collected and earned for a couple of days (from around my city and from the quests) until a building I really wanted came along, but once it did it took me over 20 attempts to finally get it, on the other hand I must have gotten at least 14 Instants in these 20+ attempts, way too many, needless to say I used up almost all of my hazelnuts and it's now very unlikely I'll be able to get another building that I want if it's going to take me 20 or more attempts every time since I've already completed 60 quests, which means I've already collected (and used, thanks to this incident) most of the possible nuts I can get, you should only get the same prize so many times until you get to the next one from the loop, because 14 instants out of 20 attempts having different prizes doesn't make any sense unless you DON'T want people to get the buildings, really, very frustrating.
The same thing happened to me the first time I did one of these events, and yes it is extremely frustrating. There is a gambling element to opening these prizes, and what you experienced is a run of bad luck. You don't say what size nutshells you opened, but if you open only the small ones, the chances of opening 20 in a row without hitting the daily prize are about 23%, so a bit of bad luck but nothing that out of the ordinary. If you open 20 of the large ones without hitting the prize, that would only happen 3 times in 1000, which would indeed be terrible luck, but that could happen too. (If 1000 people open 20 nutshells in this game - and I'm sure they do - you'd expect that to happen to 3 of them.)

What you shouldn't assume is that it will take you that long every time - it won't. At some point you will have good luck and find yourself getting 5 prizes in 8 tries or some such. If that had happened the first time, hopefully you wouldn't be expecting that to happen every time either!;)

Risen Malchiah

At some point you will have good luck and find yourself getting 5 prizes in 8 tries or some such.
That's what happened to me in a previous event. I tried unsuccessfully to get an orc nest after multiple chests but stopped, fearing I would exhaust all my points. Then ended up with 5 Father Trees that I didn't really need when I was opening chests to gain relics. At least now that the chests don't have relics, I can open chests just for things I want or focus on double sprout days for the 3rd grand prize.

DeletedUser8187

So far there have been several attractive daily prizes. The Gamersgemsofknowledge folks have some nice copies of the daily art so far from beta. you can see it at bit.do/eldrasil-daily

Do you get a share in the profits from the gems of knowledge? For all the people you send their way. (I'm just teasing, and I don't think gems get anything, except our eternal gratitude. Before anyone hacks my head off)

For the last couple of quests. Getting the prizes have been hard, pissed me off the first time around. I wanted that beautiful blue tree, (blue' my favourite colour) and it seemed everyone else had thousands of them when I did visits. I couldn't get one. :eek: So now I'm well practiced in getting tons and tons of KP. If I come out of the quest with 3 actual prizes I'm on par with my past quests. I'm not going to try for the third prize, try opening the smaller chests and see how it goes.

Hoping each quest for the beautiful tree to make a reappearance. I wonder how many unicorns will make their way into the daily prizes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10990

Glad to hear others making this complaint. I literally just got on to post about this. Probably should have done it here, but I've already created a separate thread. I hope Inno gets the message, because it is invading every aspect of this game and I'm to the point where I'm done "supporting" a Dev that doesn't listen to its customers.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I thought the instants would be less useful, but I've actually used all of my short ones. They came in very handy when there were production runs I wanted to finish and restart either before leaving the house or going to bed. I suspect that if people looked for more opportunities to use them, they'd be less annoying. I'm certainly finding them more useful than the handful of relics we used to get in the event chests.

DeletedUser2870

Feedback? Here is some feedback...
I have a problem with the daily rewards and the chances one has to get them.
I spent 11x 140 nuts trying to get a certain daily reward (they say25% chance on getting it when spending the 140nuts) and still didn't get it, wich with a 25% chance at random is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY.

And you know what? happened on the dutch server again. 12 tries, not the daily prize
So that means that in 23 tries, it did not even once manage to score the 1 in 4 chance? Riiiiiiiight. Want to do the math on that chance perhaps?

Instead I get the most worthless crap there is around.
I'm sure some people would be very, very happy with 25kps, but for me, at the end of the researchtree , that's one of the least favorable rewards, and I got that 4x out of the 11.
And on the dutch server I happened to get them yet another 4 times.
Instead of chance, it starts looking like an active algorythm that makes sure one gets the most useless stuff around. This is getting to be extremely annoying.

SimplyNoble

26 days
26 daily quests.
91 sequential quests

I have picked up a couple of nice buildings and several very handy instants. Should have the first grand prize in the next day or two. So far I think this is a pretty nice event. I particularly appreciate that the nuts are not so small as to be hard to spot among the very pretty fallen leaves around my city.

Last edited:

Eldenisa Tiege

I won a building the first day. (My first Event!) and had no idea what I had done. Took 5+times for support to explain to me why the Daily Quest wouldn't let me do the next quests on the list. They were Very nice about it... Now I know there is only one daily quest. But you can "spend" your nuts trying to win another building (or the current prize) but it is a gamble.
I have found the instants to come in Very handy, though. Almost as good as getting a building...

Last edited:

DeletedUser7370

I updated my spreadsheet to calculate the new probabilities on this event. Note that these are based on the ideal values and random number generators can often produce non-ideal results. Just like flipping a coin 3 times can easily result in 3 heads or 3 tails, but flipping the same coin 1000 times will bring the results closer to 500:500. The results also assume that a player opens one size for all the boxes and does not account for double grand prize points days.

Code:
                Small   Medium  Large   
Total Boxes     181     83      47  
Rewards              
GP Points       905     830     940  
Day Bldg        12      10      11      Instant Totals
Coin Rain 15%   23      0       0       3.45
Coin Rain 25%   0       10      0       2.5
Coin Rain 33%   0       0       10      3.3
Supplies 15%    23      0       0       3.45
Supplies 25%    0       10      0       2.5
Supplies 33%    0       0       10      3.3
Time 5h         30      0       0       150
Time 8h         0       14      0       112
Time 14h        0       0       12      168
KP              90      80      100  
Rune            18      24      15

My opinion is that opening small boxes are the best choice. Unless you go for double points, the difference between 905 and 940 GP points is irrelevant. The small box wins on most of the instants except for the time instant, and that difference of 18 hours can easily be made up by opening boxes on one of the days providing time instants. The difference of 10 KP is minimal to me, and the 18 runes from the small boxes is better than the 15 from the large boxes because when the large box awards runes it gives you 5 of the same rune. Given that the estimates are for opening 181 small boxes that greater sampling helps to overcome RNG fluctuations and bring the results closer to the ideal values, whereas the 47 estimated for large boxes can still leave a player very vulnerable to skewed random values.

Medium boxes are again the biggest waste.