• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eldrasil's Ascending

Pheryll

Set Designer
Soggy, the medium box for coin and supply is the point of discussion. Yes the large box for coin and supply has rounding issues so that it is presented as inferior to the small box, when it is really superior. But the medium box is 2x 25% not 1x 25% which Ted's spreadsheet clearly shows.

DeletedUser8709

We need a "math enclosed" sub-forum where you people can take your horrible number-thingies.....

I may not understand or appreciate all the finer points of their calculations, but I've been winning more prizes since I started paying attention to them. It was Robert Heinlein who said: 'Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes.'

If you ever separate out a math-enclosed sub-forum, count me in! Numbers and spreadsheets are the way to go in this game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That was a mostly-joke. I've waded into the math with the best of them on occasion. Sometimes the discussions go a little further than they need to, and might better benefit from a PM thread involving two or three people.

DeletedUser7370

@Pheryll I corrected the quantity entries in the sheet for the medium boxes. Thank you for pointing it out. I hope you did not take my previous reply as denigrating you.

Medium boxes are still the biggest losers.

The Unbeliever

I will say that this event's main quest line has been *MUCH* more enjoyable than the last clusterfeth of a seasonal event, so really good job there Inno!
Even smaller cities should be able to chug through the entire questline in time, which is exactly how events should go. :)

Now granted, if you went & grabbed the questline from Beta as soon they got it up & running, and then began prepping your city to crush the event as efficiently as possible, you could easily complete everything within a week or so. (or sooner!)
Me? I'm just the idiot who read "Thursday" and translated it to obviously mean "Tuesday", so I was already cruising through quest #30-something within a few hours! :oops:

However, I really prefer the ability to race through the quests as fast as possible, as it means I have plenty of event currency to go after the rewards I really, really want!;)
(and yes, I know Inno hates this because it means no $$$ for them...), but then, I don't spend on events anyways, so not having insanely unfair questlines like the summer event just means that I'll 100% be back for the winter event, instead of just ignoring it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I had dismantled by Orc city and built a mini-city for fellowship adventures, so finished it Saturday just after the tournament ended. 54.5 hours.

qaccy

I will say that this event's main quest line has been *MUCH* more enjoyable than the last clusterfeth of a seasonal event, so really good job there Inno!
Even smaller cities should be able to chug through the entire questline in time, which is exactly how events should go. :)

Now granted, if you went & grabbed the questline from Beta as soon they got it up & running, and then began prepping your city to crush the event as efficiently as possible, you could easily complete everything within a week or so. (or sooner!)
Me? I'm just the idiot who read "Thursday" and translated it to obviously mean "Tuesday", so I was already cruising through quest #30-something within a few hours! :oops:

However, I really prefer the ability to race through the quests as fast as possible, as it means I have plenty of event currency to go after the rewards I really, really want!;)
(and yes, I know Inno hates this because it means no $$$ for them...), but then, I don't spend on events anyways, so not having insanely unfair questlines like the summer event just means that I'll 100% be back for the winter event, instead of just ignoring it.

What is this positivity? Don't you know that Inno never listens to feedback/ignores everything we say? You must have wandered into the wrong forum...

The Unbeliever

Don't worry, this is the only positive post I'll make in this thread...
From now on, I'll go back to brandishing my pitchfork & lighting my burning brand, and join in with the rest of the regular conversations!;)

*rabble**rabble**rabble*:mad::mad::mad:

Buttrflwr

I have enjoyed this quest so much more than the last few they have had. Thank you so much for listening to feedback and changing the prizes and questlines @innogames !
I am wondering if they are going to offer the double sprouts here on live like they did on beta so that all will have a chance at the third prize. I notice they didn't offer it where/when they did on beta, but doesn't mean they still can't won't. :D #holdingouthope

EDIT: apparently I missed the screen with the double sprouts! YAY for double sprouts, boo for mage thingy. :p

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They display the notification screen late. I called it a bug the first time it happened and someone, whom I won't name, suggested it might be intentional instead of a bug. I still say it is a bug.
I'm not afraid to be named. It might be a bug, it might not, It might be intentional, it might be someone screwing up, but I I still say the time a notification appears does not appear to meet the definition of bug, since it probably has nothing to do with code.

DeletedUser7370

since it probably has nothing to do with code.
Computers do not do anything unless the programming instructs them to do it. It is coded that way. Either intentionally or unintentionally, and any sort of unintentional result from a set of instructions is considered a bug.