• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Autumn Zodiac discussion

Zebruh

Sorry to hear that. :(
Thank you, I suppose someone needs to have the extreme bad luck. I actually ended up reaching 63 Stars with no Calligraphy before time ran out. Though I'm very very happy to see it will make a return to the Dailies later in the event. I want to do some petty math to see how unlucky I really was, it seems outrageously bad.

Huor

Very nice work on the google doc! Love being able to check off as I go as I get lost pretty easily.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
oh boy! I don't have time to read all the comments here, but seriously.... am I the only one end game player who is totally turned off by this event? :confused::oops:

Nope. For someone who spent :diamond: on most events for years, I have been disappointed enough in the last few events to ignore them. This event I only want the dojo and the rest will go to AW instants. Never enough AW instants ;) That is without even putting extra effort into the quests. I just do them as they come up. :(

Thanks for the @SoggyShorts reference! Fun wake me up flashback :cool:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Are others having bad luck with the drops? Every single drop today has been 1 pt. Every one. I guess the RNG gods are not playing nice, but has anyone else experienced this? (Not how many drops, just amts in each.)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thank you, I suppose someone needs to have the extreme bad luck. I actually ended up reaching 63 Stars with no Calligraphy before time ran out. Though I'm very very happy to see it will make a return to the Dailies later in the event. I want to do some petty math to see how unlucky I really was, it seems outrageously bad.
Yours with this, mine with the drops. Good luck to us both, and anyone else who needs luck.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, I just had something happen with a quest that I do not think I have ever seen before or seen someone else say happened. On a quest that requires me to produce 176k supplies. My 9-hour workshop makes 270k, so I collect it and the quest does not complete. Why? Because I only had room in my main hall for 110k supplies, so that is all I got credit for. I have to spend some supplies to make enough room to collect the rest. I don't know if this is a new change to these quests, but when it says produce, the empty space in your main hall should not matter. It should only matter if a quest says collect. Then it would only count how much your hall will hold as you collect it.

@helya any way you can check and see if this is a change to those quests or if they have always been that way and I was just never this close to being full before?

Rp44

A quest only counting what fits in your main hall isn't new. If I stop paying attention, especially between chapters, it can happen to me with coins. The coin badge in the FA works the same way.

Dew Spinner

A quest only counting what fits in your main hall isn't new. If I stop paying attention, especially between chapters, it can happen to me with coins. The coin badge in the FA works the same way.
Exactly, you can not "collect" it if it doesn't fit into your inventory!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Coins are Collect quests, not Produce quests, so yes, those have always been that way.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya any way you can check and see if this is a change to those quests or if they have always been that way and I was just never this close to being full before?
[/QUOTE]
It's always been this way. I know specifically because I've been hit by this a few times. Only goods added to your storage actually count as collections or productions. I agree it's odd.

Gladiola

@Enevhar Aldarion @helya I would speculate that the "collection" only registers in the game database when it hits your storage. Otherwise it's on the client side.

For example, if you have collected and there is a streaming error, when you refresh or reload it is as if you never collected.

So the game would not have a mechanic to register something that has been "collected but not stored" because to the game database it doesn't exist. Just a guess though.

Elivarian

Is it just me or is there a lot less currency spawning around the city? Sure seems so.
Remember to refresh your browser often, the html is not updating as it should. So the other day after collecting just 2 after many hours, then after refresh there was 5 more keys lying around needed to be picked up.

Tehya1

Hi, new here and a new player. I have a question about the training dojos. I won 7 of them, and disenchanted a few. I built two, and that gave me a good pop boost. Would it be wise to sell a few residences that provide less than half the pop as these dojos at their level? I do get gold from the residences, but I get troops from the dojos.

I also got two calligraphy classes, and built one. I am guessing that one of those is enough?

Tehya1

One other question about the bear artifacts. I just got the polar bear because I like the tournaments, and I hope to evolve it of course. How often do bear artifacts become available? I am trying to decide whether to evolve the panda, or convert the artifacts.

OIM20

@Tehya1 - I'm only in chapter 7 in my most advanced city, but I'll answer from my experience.

re: Selling residences vs. placing dojos:
To upgrade the dojos, you'll need "Royal Restorations", which are obtainable via the tournament and in the leagues. You can also make them in the Magic Academy if you have blueprints/diamonds (to spend in lieu of blueprints). You can only upgrade those buildings requiring RRs when you have completed the first research of a new chapter. So, if you're in chapter 2 now, you have to complete the chapter 3 scouts research to be considered in chapter 3 and be eligible to upgrade any event buildings.

How you choose to play is entirely up to you, but I can tell you that I ran out of population before being able to upgrade all of the manufactories that I wanted to upgrade to their max levels and ended up putting in more residences. I got more from them when I ran out of pop than I did from event buildings of the same/comparable size.

I recommend looking over the wiki page on residences to see how much you'd gain in pop: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Residence
re: calligraphy classes:
See the page on residences, and the one on culture buildings: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Culture

Other players with more experience may have specific recommendations for you, but it's going to be a matter of your space vs. your needs and desire for growth. How quickly are you wanting to grow? Are you trying to speed through to a certain chapter and then slow down? Or are you taking the whole game at a sedate pace? Your personal preferences on how to create and grow your city matter in these questions you're asking about what would be the "best" choice.
re: evolving the Red Panda vs. converting artifacts / when are the bear artifacts available
There is a recipe for 10k spell fragments and 3 blueprints to make a single bear artifact available in the MA.
bear artifact.jpg
You can see that mine has the increased Vision Vapor (only 1 point, atm). I've placed and fed my Red Panda. It's now at level 4 on evolution, and I plan to evolve it completely. As much as I like the other bears, I want the increase in VV - I craft a lot, and it's a good way to get free diamonds in game (crafting, that is, as you have a chance of getting diamonds with every other chest you open in the MA). I just won 500 diamonds in my Harandor city through the MA Mystical Object today, in fact.

But if you prefer focusing your game on tournaments and the 3 VV (I'm only getting 1 right now) isn't a benefit for you for whatever reason, then it might be more beneficial to you to exchange them for bears.

The bear artifacts have already made an appearance in the Spire this year, and I don't know whether they will be coming around again once all of the previous evolving buildings have had a turn. I truly hope they do. As cute as my level 4 brown bear is, I want the increase in military units I can get at higher levels. I also want to be able to evolve a Panda Bear.
(I put it under spoilers for folks who don't want to read it, and so it doesn't look like a wall of text.)

But I think you'll find that there are vastly differing opinions on what you should do, and we really would need more info on what you want to achieve with your city before offering definitive "Yes, this is a good idea" or "No, you should [x]" statements.