• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Goods Imbalance

DeletedUser20255

But they don't. Fear of change perhaps?

I think more likely ill-informed. The vast majority of players do not read the forums or fb. And I think the old "bigger denominations" theory is in play. Some people like to walk around with $100 bills.

The problem will grow until there is a downside to posting CT trades at "unfair" rates. Just having them expire without being taken is not a deterrent. Hmmmmm...spitball alert...how about a transaction fee to the offeror for CT trades?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
My most concerning anecdotal observation to date has been the activity I have recently witnessed in my Trader with my other city, which resides close to many of the top players in that realm. For the first several months, I had not seen them place any cross-tier trades, but now, although it is not very frequent, I come across their offers of third for second tier goods and I am disquieted by the implications.

See what I said earlier. Most top ranked players are not willing to give up the ranking points of T3 factories even if they are running a huge surplus.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Bruticus Definitely not ill informed. You probably have no clue how hard it was for me to make the decision to drop from #7 ranked player on Elcy to now #21 ranked. I guarantee there are many top ranked players who are and will continue to be unwilling to give up over 100K in ranking points like I did. There was a line crossed IMO on a support ticket that pushed me over to the 'don't want to be an entirely blue city anymore' side. It was a real game changer to sell off so much and watch my ranking drop like a rock! So in answer to your question, I'm thinking you may be the ill informed or incompetent one on this subject :mad:

DeletedUser20255

@Bruticus Definitely not ill informed. You probably have no clue how hard it was for me to make the decision to drop from #7 ranked player on Elcy to now #21 ranked. I guarantee there are many top ranked players who are and will continue to be unwilling to give up over 100K in ranking points like I did. There was a line crossed IMO on a support ticket that pushed me over to the 'don't want to be an entirely blue city anymore' side. It was a real game changer to sell off so much and watch my ranking drop like a rock! So in answer to your question, I'm thinking you may be the ill informed or incompetent one on this subject :mad:
I was the one who suggested players were ill-informed. Bruticus was responding to that.
I was referring to players who don't access all the wisdom to be found on these pages and fb. Specifically when it comes to over-producing T3 goods and under-producing T2.
Even at my lowly level, #2,386, I feel the pain of losing ranking points when selling a building. I tell myself it's just a game and it's necessary to do some house-keeping to change strategies to adapt to new circumstances. Myself usually has a rude response but that's just him. :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Bruticus My T2 are 14,467 ranking points each. My T3 are 17,222 each. If I am focused on ranking I would definitely want to add back the T3 I sold off first. They are level 27. I have no idea where the ElvenArchitect numbers came from if you are quoting correctly.

@Count Mein "ill-informed" I would have just explain why that is not so. What I actually take great exception to is being referred to as incompetent!

Last edited:

DeletedUser20255

My T2 are 14,467 ranking points each. My T3 are 17,222 each. If I am focused on ranking I would definitely want to add back the T3 I sold off first. They are level 27. I have no idea where the ElvenArchitect numbers came from if you are quoting correctly.
I don't know if you are experiencing the Goods imbalance that this thread is about but since it seems to be fairly universal I assume you are.
So for you the imbalance of inventories and necessity to offer CT trades to balance is the lesser of the 2 evils apparently.
And that's OK. Because it's just a game.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I don't know if you are experiencing the Goods imbalance that this thread is about but since it seems to be fairly universal I assume you are.
So for you the imbalance of inventories and necessity to offer CT trades to balance is the lesser of the 2 evils apparently.
And that's OK. Because it's just a game.

I do see it happening and I also see a recent large volume from a few top ranking players. I also know that thankfully in my #1 FS I really don't have anything to be concerned about since we always cover each other's needs. I can say that I know for certain there are top players with more millions of inventory than I have. I'm of the opinion that some of those level players are just putting it out there as a no rush, see if I can level out my inventory posts. I've said before, honestly it doesn't matter to me because I have always, for at least the past couple of years, filtered what I want to see in the trader anyway.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M Well the numbers you can see for yourself, click the links.

And you take it that you are called incompetent, and I only said slightly incompetent/unwilling to begin with, But you are not, you are unwilling as you said so yourself.
If you willingly make the game unplayable for youself if you do not want to change your approach, how do call that then? It would hurt your ranking if you are unable to advance to the next chapter if you keep holding on to something that is becoming worthless in gameplay.

Some FS have all in order, not all. and the problem is spreading

First try again. Elven Architect definitely shows level 27 T3 Dust as 17,222 ranking points. I'm thinking I've probably been using Elven Architect about 3 years or more longer than you have. Second look again. My game is very far from unplayable. What a joke coming from somebody who's entire cities all put together are less ranking than most of my single buildings. Are you seriously going to try to insinuate that when they come out with a new chapter, since I've been finished with chapter 14 for quite a while now, I won't have the resources needed to advance further? Give me a break!

Adding: FYI I do hold onto some things just because I like them or relate them to something in real life. With 20 expansions available with only disposable items available in my city for further chapters, I really think I can afford to hold onto whatever I want :p

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not talking blue cities here but changing a T3 for a T2, you would actually gain ranking points according to ElvenArchitect

1x T3 - ranking points: 41.916
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/4e484bdffeac48e0897c946d09376ead/

2x T2 - ranking points: 47.677
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/56577d400d0d4972ab2e5132849bc9e0/

Even 1x T2 setup would give around 30k ranking, so there is that then.

Then how come you posted these numbers earlier when they are obviously wrong and then you go attacking her for posting the correct numbers that you then say are the right numbers? A T3 of the same level cannot be worth both 41,916 and 17,222 at the same time.

NightshadeCS

did you click the links? they are including the support buildings! One can not function without. But it was stated that she knows how to work the architect better, so would assume she knew

One cannot assume the support buildings are needed, as there are other ways to get coins, population, supplies than you have shown. Also, if you are getting rid of a T3 and adding a T2, you would not be changing the support buildings associated. The change in ranking points would only be in the factories themselves.

Also, getting rid of a T3 does not mean you will add a T2. I have more than enough T2, and MORE than more than enough of T3, so I just got rid of a T3 and added...nothing. So my ranking points went down and nothing replaced them directly.

Some folks prize ranking points, some do not. @Deborah M brought up a good point that it could be one of the reasons people are unwilling to part with a T3.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Bruticus Yes I am Senior, literally & figuratively, and yes I would bet I know more :p The thing is I do as I please and file what comes from other knowledgeable players under ‘useful information’ I may refer to along the way. You are definitely not one of those who I have seen any reason to respect. There are plenty of knowledgeable players in this conversation and hopefully you can assume that when I reply from the perspective of my game I am not addressing you. My whole point in the first place was to express what I am seeing in my trader.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The problem will grow until there is a downside to posting CT trades at "unfair" rates. Just having them expire without being taken is not a deterrent. Hmmmmm...spitball alert...how about a transaction fee to the offeror for CT trades?

Or maybe if all trades expired after 24hrs the increased frequency to post 60 trades every day might deter the majority. Same tier trades are frequently taken in that time frame. Pretty sure the hard core ones will keep posting though.

DeletedUser

Or maybe if all trades expired after 24hrs the increased frequency to post 60 trades every day might deter the majority. Same tier trades are frequently taken in that time frame. Pretty sure the hard core ones will keep posting though.

Expired Trades? Well buddy... that’s an excellent idea. You’re thinking out of the box. Those who insist on having cursed trades can submit them, those from inactive players would go away and the rest of us wouldn’t have constant trouble seeing them all the time.

Have you tried recommending that?