• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser9916

One offer to fight the negative pop is delete armories or the 2 extra training grounds and merc camp. Last 2 suck anyways for higher chapters and train time. Otherwise weed out your event buildings where the negative happened and be done with it.
No point funding this game a penny more to upgrade the affected buildings if they think we want to upgrade them after being nerfed. You don't downgrade something a Chapt 5 earned to a chapter 2 stats and expect players to upgrade it. This new spell I bet takes 10 to make an upgrade and I think they said they would give you 1 free? So not worth it when your FS is still rebalancing the players not playing for it.
Weeding out my old event buildings takes my losses from 6k pop into the 10's of thousands, I see no recovery.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Why aren't Inno being clearer about each ACCOUNT getting 1 residence+spell?

A CM on another forum (I believe they are the head CM) said they were still working out the form of how the spell(s) would be applied. If they don't know that sounds reasonable to me why they aren't saying anymore. Anything they say now we will take as gospel but they may find after more analysis it needs to be different. I expect they are doing their homework to figure out what is needed and who is affected, then discussing the way to do it, etc, etc.

DeletedUser3437

I've been playing for almost two years, and I'm in the Orcs chapter. My "extra" population was small before the changes, around 105, but now it's -3522 -- yes, negative thirty-five hundred. I've got several event buildings in my inventory that I haven't had room to place yet, but even if I could place them all without deleting anything I don't think I could get back to a population greater than zero. How exactly is one Magic residence and one spell supposed to help me recover?

DeletedUser13574

I want to know why should we play a game when you cant upgrade or anything. losing interest in the game because of this

DeletedUser12171

Weeding out my old event buildings takes my losses from 6k pop into the 10's of thousands, I see no recovery.
The recovery is to delete some pop-intensive buildings e.g. Factories or armouries, fill up with enough culture to get into the positive again, then build new residences to replace the lost pop, and then rebuild whatever other buildings you need. If you had 10 factories before you might need to settle for 8 now. Etc. You get the idea

DeletedUser6547

You got a different issue than my fix. Same problem but what happened on mine was luckily low chapters. They killed the culture to my trees so I had to kill them. I was close enough on most to get the 1200 culture opened, but like you I took the -330 pop per tree hit. That's my next issue but getting culture up certainly opens room to plant more houses for low chapters. Just makes opening dwarf a faster must so I can squeeze more houses.

nsaplay78

This has a minimal effect on me because I have only been playing since last december. However, this is a serious issue to those who have been playing for a long time. I have 2 of 3 members in my fellowship with 6 figure point scores that are about to quit the game or at the very least take an extended break because of the problems this is causing. One or two buildings doesn't make up for the loss from the rebalancing for them. I can understand it if all special buildings are going to become upgradable. But this rebalancing shouldn't have happened until that was ready to go. They stand to lose many of their long term players if this isn't fixed very soon.

DeletedUser3122

How exactly is one Magic residence and one spell supposed to help me recover?

It's just a token effort on their part to minimize damage. The rest is up to you. That probably means you'll need to tear down some things and rebuild.

DeletedUser4372

for a game to nerf what we already earned? is just wrong. We earned something with certain stats. if you need to change the game, you need to give us the version with the same stats as we already had. this would only be fair, and be YOUR, (inno), best bet not to make your paying customers mad. After you stop telling your sad excuses that only you and your fanboi's will repeat with a straight face... the simple truth is.. YOU ARE RIPPING US OFF. You did it 2 years ago with the battle nerfing. you came up with lies and excuses but you RIPPED US OFF.

DeletedUser9916

It's just a token effort on their part to minimize damage. The rest is up to you. That probably means you'll need to tear down some things and rebuild.
How does this helpus keep our rank we earned? or minimize our damage if evreyone around us even new people get it too?

kctanzen

If they are event buildings being removed / replaced -- you will actually gain ranking points --- event points give zero while regular menu builds frequently have points tied to them.

DeletedUser3122

How does this helpus keep our rank we earned? or minimize our damage if evreyone around us even new people get it too?

Initially, you will lose rank. But you will gain a greater score in rebuilding. I've had to do this many, many times over the past 2+ years since I've played the game. Finding out mistakes, tearing down the mistakes, then rebuilding, has always given me greater rewards in space and score.

I wasn't affected by the rebalancing, in fact, my population doubled when I didn't need double population. I think it's unfortunate this happened but ultimately I think it will make building cities more logical.

DeletedUser16298

I'm not even directly affected, but a few of the biggest and busiest players in my fellowship have quit showing up.

DeletedUser17837

So not only do they expect us to lose the buildings a lot of us spent money in the way of diamonds on we also have to lose buldings we spent months and some of us money with the same money spent on events getting time accelerations or just diamonds to finish these buildings to toss them away to fix their " rebalancing"

DeletedUser17837

If they are event buildings being removed / replaced -- you will actually gain ranking points --- event points give zero while regular menu builds frequently have points tied to them.

not when you have to sacrifice main buildings and factories like i did

DeletedUser9934

Initially, you will lose rank. But you will gain a greater score in rebuilding. I've had to do this many, many times over the past 2+ years since I've played the game. Finding out mistakes, tearing down the mistakes, then rebuilding, has always given me greater rewards in space and score.

I wasn't affected by the rebalancing, in fact, my population doubled when I didn't need double population. I think it's unfortunate this happened but ultimately I think it will make building cities more logical.

Of course it is a part of the game to backtrack at points. The charming aspect of this game is that it emulate some aspects of life, you learn and grow and sometimes you have to backtrack to go forward. But to suddenly coming in default for no fault of your own is more than aggravating. And simply not logical!

For those that happened to come in negative territory of population and/or culture is like coming home and finding your key does no longer fit because the landlord changed the rent without notifying you. The anger and frustration is completely entitled, even though you knew that when you started to rent, you were completely aware that the rent would increase at some point.

I am eagerly awaiting the compensation that was stated that it would come today. Not for the sake of myself, but for those in my FS that was hurt by this rebalancing act!

DeletedUser3122

So not only do they expect us to lose the buildings a lot of us spent money in the way of diamonds on we also have to lose buldings we spent months and some of us money with the same money spent on events getting time accelerations or just diamonds to finish these buildings to toss them away to fix their " rebalancing"

Diamond buildings were affected? Meaning, buildings that were only purchasable with diamonds? Or diamonds spent on events to get enough points to earn buildings? I haven't looked at the list.

DeletedUser9601

Diamond buildings were affected? Meaning, buildings that were only purchasable with diamonds? Or diamonds spent on events to get enough points to earn buildings? I haven't looked at the list.
No, but I'm sure there were many people who spent diamonds (or claimed to spend diamonds) to open more event boxes to get some of the buildings in question. Not quite the same as a change to the buildings physically purchased with diamonds, but I could see someone feeling the same level of anger.